• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:27
CEST 11:27
KST 18:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9557 users

Mineral boost trick (works in 1.5!) - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 28 Next All
k!llua
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia895 Posts
August 14 2012 19:58 GMT
#101
On August 15 2012 04:53 z0rz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:49 Mairou wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:42 jidolboy wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched


It affects the game too much. Think about zerg who is 6 pooling. He got nothing else to do than micro his drones anyway so he will get his pool so much faster using this trick.

Btw this is going to get fixed soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627978741#3

You're right, 9/21/2010 is right around the corner.


in opposite world
my hair is a wookie, your argument is invalid
jimbob615
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Uruguay455 Posts
August 14 2012 19:59 GMT
#102
KEEP THIS BLIZZARD, please!
pallad
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland1958 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 19:59:44
August 14 2012 19:59 GMT
#103
Its old.. there was even some analize on that trick in past.. and it was giving you like 20 extra minerals i dont remmember now , or something like 18 extra minerals.. to time you hit 25 or 30 supply. So imo its not worth it
SC 2 -LingsLover- EU -- Jaedong , NesTea , Nerchio , DRG , Moon , Oz , Tarson , Scarlett -- Dota 2 Pallad EU- NaVi - LGD
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
August 14 2012 19:59 GMT
#104
On August 15 2012 04:53 z0rz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:49 Mairou wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:42 jidolboy wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched


It affects the game too much. Think about zerg who is 6 pooling. He got nothing else to do than micro his drones anyway so he will get his pool so much faster using this trick.

Btw this is going to get fixed soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627978741#3

You're right, 9/21/2010 is right around the corner.

Any day now

I like how you bothered to read the first few comments Mairou but then skipped from there out when people pointed out it was an ancient post. And skipped reading the blizzard post


I personally don't care, it's not something I would do on ladder (lazy as fuck, low apm, barely paying enough attention as is) but I can see how it'd be awesome for tournaments.

I wouldn't like it if they nerfed it, Starcraft 2 needs more skills imo.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Psychonian
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2322 Posts
August 14 2012 19:59 GMT
#105
This could be huge in high level play. Wow.
Trans Rights
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 20:00:41
August 14 2012 19:59 GMT
#106
On August 15 2012 04:49 Mairou wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:42 jidolboy wrote:
On August 15 2012 04:39 Mairou wrote:
I tested this with 2 probes. One was mining mineral patch that was slightly more far away and i used this trick on that probe. I managed to get the probe who was mining the further mineral path to harvest same speed as the probe who was mining close mineral path. I hope Blizzard fix this soon.


Why should they fix this?
Seriously, people who pull this trick deserve those extra minerals.
Besides I can assure you this won't effect 99% of ladder games in terms of balance and such.
I see no reason for this to get patched


It affects the game too much. Think about zerg who is 6 pooling. He got nothing else to do than micro his drones anyway so he will get his pool so much faster using this trick.

Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 04:44 See.Blue wrote:
8 second buff to 6pool is a pretty big deal...


And when you master this trick perfectly you can get it maybe over 10 seconds earlier. That's pretty huge.

Btw this is going to get fixed soon: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/627978741#3


Those forums are such a scary place.

Edit: Wait that's from 2010 lol
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Mr Showtime
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 20:03:04
August 14 2012 20:01 GMT
#107
On August 15 2012 03:17 TitleRug wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 03:10 TitleRug wrote:
Wow, I just watched the replay. Looks like it works. I'll try it myself right now.

It works but it's very APM intensive; I probably won't do this in a real game


Impractical most of the time, but I feel like in the early game it could give some advantages.


On August 15 2012 04:59 Probe1 wrote:

I wouldn't like it if they nerfed it, Starcraft 2 needs more skills imo.


This isn't something that should be on the list of skills pro players have that the average player doesn't. I agree that there needs to be more things to set the real pros apart from part timers, but this isn't it (imo of course).
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
August 14 2012 20:02 GMT
#108
Please don't remove this...
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
Nightsz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada398 Posts
August 14 2012 20:03 GMT
#109
Wasn't this also viable in BW?
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
August 14 2012 20:04 GMT
#110
sick... i gotta try this altough until Master/GM i think it makes almost no difference in lower leagues (except that 8 sek earlier pool or faster 4 gate or rax all in)
OblivionMage
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada377 Posts
August 14 2012 20:06 GMT
#111
shame that blizzard will probably remove this
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
August 14 2012 20:08 GMT
#112
Next hack will have improved worker mining lol :D
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-14 20:11:08
August 14 2012 20:09 GMT
#113
On August 15 2012 05:01 Mr Showtime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 15 2012 03:17 TitleRug wrote:
On August 15 2012 03:10 TitleRug wrote:
Wow, I just watched the replay. Looks like it works. I'll try it myself right now.

It works but it's very APM intensive; I probably won't do this in a real game

+ Show Spoiler +

Impractical most of the time, but I feel like in the early game it could give some advantages.


On August 15 2012 04:59 Probe1 wrote:

I wouldn't like it if they nerfed it, Starcraft 2 needs more skills imo.


This isn't something that should be on the list of skills pro players have that the average player doesn't. I agree that there needs to be more things to set the real pros apart from part timers, but this isn't it (imo of course).

I'm not saying it's the best possible way to add a higher skill cap but god knows we need more difficulty in the early game department.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
August 14 2012 20:10 GMT
#114
I tried this tonight in my ladder games. It takes a bit of practice to find the sweet spot for the rally point, but it really does work. I can keep about two Probes doing this consistently, and it has a noticable impact on the build time of my first Pylon when I FFE. Usually it builds at around 0:50 (actually around 0:51 since I always look for a second to make sure the power field is positioned correctly, but 0:50 is the time I have the money), and I can get it down on 0:48 with this. That can absolutely mean the difference between victory and defeat, when you consider how often early ling aggression comes down to one or two seconds in either direction.
The frumious Bandersnatch
imre
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
France9263 Posts
August 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#115
On August 15 2012 05:04 WeedRa wrote:
sick... i gotta try this altough until Master/GM i think it makes almost no difference in lower leagues (except that 8 sek earlier pool or faster 4 gate or rax all in)


it'd make 0 difference in master/gm too. Normals timings aren't spot on there (they're never really precise on Ladder anyway).
Zest fanboy.
TUski
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1258 Posts
August 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#116
If this stays with the game it's the best thing blizzard would have done in awhile. The only difference between pros and us lesser folk is that we can do what the pros do, except that they do it better. This falls under that category..
"There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things that you love." - Day[9]
ThaZenith
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3116 Posts
August 14 2012 20:12 GMT
#117
Blizz fixed the first mineral trick, they'll fix this one as well. Though they really shouldn't, something to give good players something else to do makes good players better against bad ones, which is the point.
1st_Panzer_Div.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States621 Posts
August 14 2012 20:14 GMT
#118
Interesting trick, but I hope they patch it. I don't want the game dumbed down, and mindless worker rallies to gain more minerals does just that.

And for all the skill cap bitching, we still haven't hit a cap. Games continue to get better all the time. So until we hit that cap, it's a rather silly arguement.
Manager, Team RIP ZeeZ
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
August 14 2012 20:14 GMT
#119
On August 15 2012 05:10 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
I tried this tonight in my ladder games. It takes a bit of practice to find the sweet spot for the rally point, but it really does work. I can keep about two Probes doing this consistently, and it has a noticable impact on the build time of my first Pylon when I FFE. Usually it builds at around 0:50 (actually around 0:51 since I always look for a second to make sure the power field is positioned correctly, but 0:50 is the time I have the money), and I can get it down on 0:48 with this. That can absolutely mean the difference between victory and defeat, when you consider how often early ling aggression comes down to one or two seconds in either direction.


Did you stack probes on near patch before though?
sVnteen
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2238 Posts
August 14 2012 20:15 GMT
#120
On August 15 2012 02:51 ArcticRaven wrote:
This is quite old I believe

It was nerfed (see this, third post.)

If it isn't the same - could you post data please ?


It's not the same thing
the old thing was the worker being idle for a few milliseconds before returning the mineral that he mined

this is just about acceleration abuse
MY LIFE STARTS NOW ♥
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1413
firebathero 725
Jaedong 409
Hyuk 383
BeSt 364
Hyun 324
Mong 313
Soma 222
Shuttle 148
PianO 93
[ Show more ]
Sexy 81
Stork 78
Shine 64
910 54
Mind 54
sSak 40
Shinee 29
ZergMaN 27
Hm[arnc] 25
ZerO 23
Bale 22
yabsab 22
Sharp 19
HiyA 17
Rush 17
Larva 16
sorry 16
Noble 12
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe17
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1204
shoxiejesuss967
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King251
Other Games
gofns35031
summit1g7849
ceh9598
singsing517
KnowMe134
Pyrionflax109
Livibee51
Trikslyr28
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick466
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1056
• Stunt370
Other Games
• Shiphtur415
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 33m
Patches Events
6h 33m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.