• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6272 users

HotS: red HP-bars on enemy units - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
October 09 2011 14:50 GMT
#61
On October 09 2011 23:42 Sanguinarius wrote:
Do people really not play with health bars on?


I hope this is optional, I want the green/yellow/red above enemy heads.... it tells me what units I can FF. Also I can tell the strength of an army just at a glance. If everything is just red, I wont easily be able to distinguish a dead unit from a full life one without trying to figure out how long a "healthy" bar is.

As a former War3 player, I'm perfectly fine with hitting alt from time to time to display health bars. They really do clutter the screen pretty badly IMO if you just leave them on.
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
October 09 2011 14:51 GMT
#62
This would be excellent. I crave for this change since years.
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
October 09 2011 14:51 GMT
#63
Hmm, I dont really care for this change. The unit color difference was good enough for me to tell the difference. I'd rather know instantly which unit has low HP with a color change. If anything, make the unit colors more distinctive a la those mods we've seen around. in LoL, it made sense since you control only one unit so there's no problem in reading HP and you rather instantly tell what unit is an enemy with red HP bars. But SC2 is different since you control armies rather than a solo hero unit.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
October 09 2011 15:23 GMT
#64
I wouldn't mind this, would take a few games to get used to just like new hotkeys and a lot of other things, but after that I think it would be a lot easier to tell units apart in battles.
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
October 09 2011 15:28 GMT
#65
ling baneling is going to be so much easier to understand now
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
ALPINA
Profile Joined May 2010
3791 Posts
October 09 2011 15:56 GMT
#66
On October 09 2011 21:46 Neste wrote:
I really hope it's optional.

I don't understand people that can't "read" the hp bars.. wow


Every see 30 lings battling vs. 30 lings? I guess not.
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
October 09 2011 15:58 GMT
#67
I already have health bars turned on 100% of the time, but it's a nice addition anyway.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
Treble557
Profile Joined August 2010
United States221 Posts
October 09 2011 15:59 GMT
#68
So I saw Hydras getting their asses beat in a still really weak fashion in that, and did not see them in T1.
So.. I guess this means we still get stupidly weak T2 hydras in HoTS and T1.5 Roaches.

Im not really too excited for HoTS anymore. :/
solidbebe
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4921 Posts
October 09 2011 16:02 GMT
#69
On October 10 2011 00:59 Treble557 wrote:
So I saw Hydras getting their asses beat in a still really weak fashion in that, and did not see them in T1.
So.. I guess this means we still get stupidly weak T2 hydras in HoTS and T1.5 Roaches.

Im not really too excited for HoTS anymore. :/


Just lol
That's the 2nd time in a week I've seen someone sig a quote from this GD and I have never witnessed a sig quote happen in my TL history ever before. -Najda
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
October 09 2011 16:12 GMT
#70
In my mind i don't like it. I've never had any problems with the way it is now. But I won't trash it until I've tested it ^^
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
NeonFox
Profile Joined January 2011
2373 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-09 20:38:40
October 09 2011 18:26 GMT
#71
I can understand why it would be necessary in the campain when you have hundreds of zerg units fighting each other, but if it is a change I hope Blizzard lets us choose whether we want it or not.

Edit : Indeed Kerrigan looks less like Bob Marley now, nice.
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
October 09 2011 18:31 GMT
#72
Hm i never thought of this usually i just quickly check enemy and then look down but i guess this will help alot
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
Yunie
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom38 Posts
October 09 2011 18:41 GMT
#73
EW!

I hate that, that looks horrible. If it HAS to go through then I must agree with the others in this thread in that it should be an option for traditional green health bars or this new ugly red stuff.
Starcraft is the single most amazing thing in the world.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
October 09 2011 18:44 GMT
#74
There must be an option to select color for hp bars
Trowabarton756
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States870 Posts
October 09 2011 18:54 GMT
#75
Ummm so....is it just me or does anyone else feel pained watching him play lol Or maybe since i don't speak the language he says up front that hes not a pro at all and just playing for shits+giggles.
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/Trowabarton756
blindsniper
Profile Joined July 2010
United States143 Posts
October 09 2011 19:06 GMT
#76
On October 09 2011 21:17 tyCe wrote:
That's a great feature for players and viewers alike. Blizzard's learning something from League of Legends

You mean Dota. LoL is a shameful copy.
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock and roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
October 09 2011 19:19 GMT
#77
hmmm, it's alright. I really hope this doesn't take away from the hp bars getting redder in color based on how hurt they are. I really use colors to help me quickly decide what to focus fire, so I dunno how this will work out.
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
October 09 2011 19:20 GMT
#78
It doesn't make a difference to me at all really, but thanks for the video, interesting view on HOTS campaign. Can't wait for blizzcon/release day.
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Seiniyta
Profile Joined May 2010
Belgium1815 Posts
October 09 2011 19:23 GMT
#79
It'll make a huge difference in ZvZ, today for example with violet vs Stephano where they took purple and pink, I coudln't see the units apart from each other. with the red bars you can see it right away if it's enabled
Pokemon Master
Soliduok
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada222 Posts
October 09 2011 19:25 GMT
#80
I don't see the point in this.

It's much easier to identify and differentiate green/orange/yellow/red then just different amounts of red...Useless change that won't be there on release of multiplayer.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 179
ProTech120
ViBE113
Nathanias 79
RuFF_SC2 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15480
Rain 1540
GuemChi 900
Artosis 700
Bale 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever459
Counter-Strike
taco 65
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox844
Mew2King90
Other Games
summit1g7171
JimRising 489
WinterStarcraft474
C9.Mang0364
Trikslyr53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick894
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream44
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta23
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra575
• Shiphtur389
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 56m
INu's Battles
9h 56m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 56m
OSC
21h 11m
Replay Cast
21h 56m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.