• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8859 users

HotS: red HP-bars on enemy units - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
latan
Profile Joined July 2010
740 Posts
October 14 2011 03:53 GMT
#141


On October 14 2011 11:45 ayaz2810 wrote:


... games that are played by college students and teenagers are pretty worthless.



as opposed to games that are played by... who?
0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
October 14 2011 03:58 GMT
#142
On October 09 2011 21:31 butchji wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 21:25 MockHamill wrote:
Do people really play with health bars on? They clutter up the screen so much and make everything looks ugly so I turned the off a long time ago. Maybe if they made them smaller and less ugly I would turn them on again.


When you want to win games you might want to consider turning them on. If you want to enjoy graphics keep it off.

False dichotomy.
MVega
Profile Joined November 2010
763 Posts
October 14 2011 04:01 GMT
#143
On October 09 2011 21:17 tyCe wrote:
That's a great feature for players and viewers alike. Blizzard's learning something from League of Legends


Not necessarily. Blizzard has done red health bars for hostile units and green for friendly units before League of Legends even existed, way back in WoW. I was a little surprised when they didn't do anything to distinguish health bars like that in SC2, but I'm glad to see that they're adding it in HotS. It'll be a huge plus for viewers, but I imagine players have all gotten used to the green health bars for enemy units by now. I know I have.
bumkin: How can you play like 50 games per day... I 4gate 2 times then it's nap time
Kahuna_5-0
Profile Joined October 2011
Mexico14 Posts
October 14 2011 05:51 GMT
#144
I like the red bars, it makes easier to micro, also im impacient about the new toss unit
Ahi Madre!!!
Leeto
Profile Joined August 2007
United States1320 Posts
October 14 2011 05:55 GMT
#145
I actually prefer the current green-yellow-orange-red health bars. It makes it easier to gauge the strength of their army with just a glance. An overstimmed marine army, for example, is really easy to pick out since they are all in the red. But if they're all red all the time, the little marines all clump up and would make it hard to tell how much health they have..
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
October 14 2011 06:01 GMT
#146
I wonder if it shows as red or other color when you spectate the match.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
October 14 2011 06:03 GMT
#147
I always had health bar displaying for me when I play, and this is definitely a nice change. All it needs is just sometime getting used to.

Also remember this will help with those who has colour blind problem.
Leenock the Punisher
Railxp
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Hong Kong1313 Posts
October 14 2011 06:03 GMT
#148
i dont know how blizzard does it, but im just as giddy for HotS as i was for WoL. ogmogmgomgogmgomgomgogm /fanboysqueal
~\(。◕‿‿◕。)/~,,,,,,,,>
Narcind
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Sweden2489 Posts
October 14 2011 06:04 GMT
#149
As long as it's optional
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
October 14 2011 06:06 GMT
#150
I like it, makes my enemy realy feel like my enemy.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
teh_longinator
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada725 Posts
October 14 2011 07:59 GMT
#151
What about clan tags and a good chat system?

Also, I have no issue reading the HP bars now... I actually think adding red is a worse option. I like the Green/Yellow/Red system that is in place now. It's simple, it's widely used so its easier to adapt to, and it works!
PardonYou
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1360 Posts
October 14 2011 08:06 GMT
#152
Really hoping it's optional or just in single-player because I tend to stay in battles longer if I see more red health bars from my enemy when I have more green. This would definitely throw me off.
AugustDreams
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia127 Posts
October 14 2011 08:10 GMT
#153
This sounds like a good change, I can see it being a big help in ZvZ.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AugustDreams - My Let's Play Channel!
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
October 14 2011 08:19 GMT
#154
It'd take some getting used to. I don't mind the mechanic that much. I keep healthbars always on after a year of PvP anyways. I think I'd rather stick with the red orange yellow green style though, because I would think I could react faster to a colour change than a decreasing green bar.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
October 14 2011 08:56 GMT
#155
this entire video was so sick, thanks a ton for sharing
sodapop
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden189 Posts
October 14 2011 09:01 GMT
#156
Huh, the best thing would be if, when spectating a game, the health bars would be the color of the players.
Eviscerador
Profile Joined October 2011
Spain286 Posts
October 14 2011 09:47 GMT
#157
On October 09 2011 21:34 Logros wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 21:25 MockHamill wrote:
Do people really play with health bars on? They clutter up the screen so much and make everything looks ugly so I turned the off a long time ago. Maybe if they made them smaller and less ugly I would turn them on again.

You pretty much need them on if you're playing yourself. How else are you going to know which units to focus down that are on low health?

Alt key.

Of course this just apply to casual gamer. I clearly understand why pros have it on all the time.

But I prefer to enjoy the graphics and just alt key when I need to focus fire or know which unit have more energy.

It's like playing with "pro visual settings" Those settings are better to notice cloacked units and to run smoothly, but I prefer the shiny bits :D, and anyway, my games aren't lost for those little details, since i'm just platinum.
A victorious warrior wins first, then goes to war. A defeated warrior goes to war and then seeks to win.
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 10:01:01
October 14 2011 09:55 GMT
#158
On October 14 2011 10:46 Seiferz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 10:44 Mojar wrote:
On October 09 2011 21:25 MockHamill wrote:
Do people really play with health bars on? They clutter up the screen so much and make everything looks ugly so I turned the off a long time ago. Maybe if they made them smaller and less ugly I would turn them on again.


Rofl if you want to win games you should turn them back on. You cant micro efficiently at all without them.


I completely agree. I don't how you focus fire or pull back injured units without them.


I play with no health bars on, and it's easy to tell that a stalker is being fired at more than another stalker. You get a feeling for it, and you pull it back. Not to mention that you can also hit alt for a brief second to check. You definitely CAN micro effectively with healthbars off, just maybe a lot of people have forgotten this since bw, and of course new people might not even know. It's definitely easiest when bars are on, I agree, but it's also much much uglier and cluttered.

I would however like to see an option to at least make the bars like they were in bw. Below the units instead of above them, and behind other units.
[image loading]
Kill the Deathball
SoleSteeler
Profile Joined April 2003
Canada5472 Posts
October 14 2011 10:54 GMT
#159
On October 09 2011 22:49 Termit wrote:


How do you think BW players focus fire weak units? You box enemy units and it takes no effort at all. In SC2 you even have the option to "tab" health bars on and off during engagements for this purpose.


You can't box enemy units in BW :/
Termit
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3466 Posts
October 14 2011 11:03 GMT
#160
On October 14 2011 19:54 SoleSteeler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 22:49 Termit wrote:


How do you think BW players focus fire weak units? You box enemy units and it takes no effort at all. In SC2 you even have the option to "tab" health bars on and off during engagements for this purpose.


You can't box enemy units in BW :/

Multiple units only or do you have to select them one by one without box? I can´t remember lol.
( ̄。 ̄)~zzz ◕ ◡ ◕
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 562
SteadfastSC 232
ProTech123
Rex 62
CosmosSc2 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42622
Calm 3571
Jaedong 2018
Shuttle 1789
Horang2 744
Soma 703
Mini 671
EffOrt 562
Rush 298
Soulkey 296
[ Show more ]
Stork 289
Larva 286
ZerO 242
BeSt 240
Snow 212
firebathero 128
Mong 112
Zeus 81
hero 78
910 73
Mind 70
Free 48
Hyun 48
Yoon 44
Pusan 38
sorry 38
Shinee 36
Shine 35
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Killer 25
PianO 25
JYJ 22
Aegong 18
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5625
Dendi1135
420jenkins173
Counter-Strike
fl0m3443
Fnx 621
x6flipin236
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King116
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2174
Liquid`RaSZi918
hiko689
B2W.Neo555
dupreeh360
ceh9328
crisheroes252
Khaldor240
TKL 227
Livibee197
QueenE87
Trikslyr87
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 704
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV320
League of Legends
• Nemesis2360
• Jankos1583
• TFBlade611
Other Games
• Shiphtur709
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
39m
The PondCast
18h 39m
INu's Battles
19h 39m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.