• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:21
CEST 17:21
KST 00:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8788 users

HotS: red HP-bars on enemy units - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
TheLastGoose
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada44 Posts
October 10 2011 02:13 GMT
#121
On October 10 2011 11:09 cursor wrote:
I still don't like the Theme of this Heart of the Swarm. Instead of becoming a rampaging swarm of ruthless insects, as it should be; you have to become this watered down, soul searching, emotionally conflicted woman... who is trying to basically divide and ultimately pacify the swarm. That sounds really kick ass :/

That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me. I know it's going to effect my outlook on the Zerg forever.


you mean menopause?
Champi
Profile Joined March 2010
1422 Posts
October 10 2011 02:46 GMT
#122
i hope its optional

its a nice change but i wanna be able to have a choice
TelecoM
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States10871 Posts
October 10 2011 02:49 GMT
#123
So how do we know this isn't just for the single player? :-P
AKA: TelecoM[WHITE] Protoss fighting
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
October 14 2011 01:23 GMT
#124
On October 10 2011 10:32 L3gendary wrote:
Why do they have a health bars always on option anyway? It was much better the way bw implemented it.


Couldn't agree more. SC2 looks like LOL with healthbars on. Less tense moments for spectators, and less skill. Overall uglier game thanks to this.
Kill the Deathball
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
October 14 2011 01:26 GMT
#125
On October 10 2011 11:09 cursor wrote:
I still don't like the Theme of this Heart of the Swarm. Instead of becoming a rampaging swarm of ruthless insects, as it should be; you have to become this watered down, soul searching, emotionally conflicted woman... who is trying to basically divide and ultimately pacify the swarm. That sounds really kick ass :/

That doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me. I know it's going to effect my outlook on the Zerg forever.


We do it for Story!
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
Remfire
Profile Joined October 2010
492 Posts
October 14 2011 01:29 GMT
#126
I think the red bars are really cool!
Snorkle
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1648 Posts
October 14 2011 01:31 GMT
#127
Don't like it. I want to be able to easily see the relative hp of armies by the color. Also how the hell does this work for observing?

Also, why does blizzard spend time screwing around with shit like this when we still don't have replays with friends or clan support?
doomed
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia420 Posts
October 14 2011 01:32 GMT
#128
As Zerg always having healthbars on is absolutely needed for inject timings, energy watch and focus fire in battles.
Beneather
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada451 Posts
October 14 2011 01:34 GMT
#129
Can't they put that in the game now? lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Day[9} <3
WinteRR
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia201 Posts
October 14 2011 01:40 GMT
#130
I think its pretty safe to assume this is going to be for ZvZ only? (Or ZvZ in the campaign)

In little ling/bling melees this is a great change. If its something small that'll help the players differentiate units I'm sure it should be welcomed by all.
NasKe_
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil570 Posts
October 14 2011 01:42 GMT
#131
why is not like hon?
[image loading]

i think this is by far the best option
Mojar
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia185 Posts
October 14 2011 01:44 GMT
#132
On October 09 2011 21:25 MockHamill wrote:
Do people really play with health bars on? They clutter up the screen so much and make everything looks ugly so I turned the off a long time ago. Maybe if they made them smaller and less ugly I would turn them on again.


Rofl if you want to win games you should turn them back on. You cant micro efficiently at all without them.
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
October 14 2011 01:46 GMT
#133
On October 14 2011 10:44 Mojar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 09 2011 21:25 MockHamill wrote:
Do people really play with health bars on? They clutter up the screen so much and make everything looks ugly so I turned the off a long time ago. Maybe if they made them smaller and less ugly I would turn them on again.


Rofl if you want to win games you should turn them back on. You cant micro efficiently at all without them.


I completely agree. I don't how you focus fire or pull back injured units without them.
castled
Profile Joined March 2011
United States322 Posts
October 14 2011 02:06 GMT
#134
On October 14 2011 10:42 NasKe_ wrote:
why is not like hon?
[image loading]

i think this is by far the best option

There's too many units in starcraft to have a border around all the bars. For HON with not as much stuff onscreen I can see it working.

I think Blizzard's change is great.
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
October 14 2011 02:17 GMT
#135
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games. I really hope Blizzard doesn't tailor any SC2 changes because of them. Even something like similar HP bars is too much. It literally makes me angry that I go to the NASL stream on TL expecting some baller SC2 action, and instead I get some shitty LoL stream. Talk about getting your hopes up for nothing.

Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Conquerer67
Profile Joined May 2011
United States605 Posts
October 14 2011 02:28 GMT
#136
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games.


You just made your entire comment worthless with that one sentence.
I hate when people compare SC2 and rochambeu. One race isn't fucking supposed to counter another one. | Protoss isn't OP. Their units on the other hand....
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
October 14 2011 02:45 GMT
#137
On October 14 2011 11:28 Conquerer67 wrote:
Show nested quote +
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games.


You just made your entire comment worthless with that one sentence.


Super repetitive "waves of creeps" games that are played by college students and teenagers are pretty worthless. I played LoL for 2 days. It was immediately apparent that it was boring and awful, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Much the same as the others. I thought FPS games and Starcraft had a tendency to feel repetitive until I played that garbage. Different strokes for different strokes I guess. Just blows that I have to encounter them on streams.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Daralii
Profile Joined March 2010
United States16991 Posts
October 14 2011 02:48 GMT
#138
On October 14 2011 11:45 ayaz2810 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 11:28 Conquerer67 wrote:
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games.


You just made your entire comment worthless with that one sentence.


Super repetitive "waves of creeps" games that are played by college students and teenagers are pretty worthless. I played LoL for 2 days. It was immediately apparent that it was boring and awful, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Much the same as the others. I thought FPS games and Starcraft had a tendency to feel repetitive until I played that garbage. Different strokes for different strokes I guess. Just blows that I have to encounter them on streams.

You don't like them, so the massive worldwide communities are nonexistent. Got it.
Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
October 14 2011 02:55 GMT
#139
On October 14 2011 11:45 ayaz2810 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 11:28 Conquerer67 wrote:
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games.


You just made your entire comment worthless with that one sentence.


Super repetitive "waves of creeps" games that are played by college students and teenagers are pretty worthless. I played LoL for 2 days. It was immediately apparent that it was boring and awful, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Much the same as the others. I thought FPS games and Starcraft had a tendency to feel repetitive until I played that garbage. Different strokes for different strokes I guess. Just blows that I have to encounter them on streams.


thats like saying Quake sucks because call of duty sucks or saying starcraft sucks because some random RTS sucks
Ayaz2810
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2763 Posts
October 14 2011 02:59 GMT
#140
On October 14 2011 11:55 ToguRo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 14 2011 11:45 ayaz2810 wrote:
On October 14 2011 11:28 Conquerer67 wrote:
DoTA, LoL, and HoN are all terribad games.


You just made your entire comment worthless with that one sentence.


Super repetitive "waves of creeps" games that are played by college students and teenagers are pretty worthless. I played LoL for 2 days. It was immediately apparent that it was boring and awful, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. Much the same as the others. I thought FPS games and Starcraft had a tendency to feel repetitive until I played that garbage. Different strokes for different strokes I guess. Just blows that I have to encounter them on streams.


thats like saying Quake sucks because call of duty sucks or saying starcraft sucks because some random RTS sucks


Except I tried them all for a brief period of time. I just used LoL as an example because it stuck out to me as the least fun. So that's a little off.

Also, I never called any community "non-existent". I merely stated that it sucks to have a stream show SC2 a vast majority of the time, only to surprise you with a crappy game like LoL out of the blue. Pretty simple concept really. Everyone can like what they want, I just hope Blizzard draws as little in the way of development ideas from these games as possible. My own personal wish.
Vrtra Vanquisher/Tiamat Trouncer/World Serpent Slayer
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 562
SteadfastSC 232
ProTech123
Rex 62
CosmosSc2 40
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42622
Calm 3571
Jaedong 2018
Shuttle 1789
Horang2 744
Soma 703
Mini 671
EffOrt 562
Rush 298
Soulkey 296
[ Show more ]
Stork 289
Larva 286
ZerO 242
BeSt 240
Snow 212
firebathero 128
Mong 112
Zeus 81
hero 78
910 73
Mind 70
Free 48
Hyun 48
Yoon 44
Pusan 38
sorry 38
Shinee 36
Shine 35
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Killer 25
PianO 25
JYJ 22
Aegong 18
Bale 17
Sexy 16
Terrorterran 15
HiyA 14
Hm[arnc] 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Rock 12
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5625
Dendi1135
420jenkins173
Counter-Strike
fl0m3443
Fnx 621
x6flipin236
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King116
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2174
Liquid`RaSZi918
hiko689
B2W.Neo555
dupreeh360
ceh9328
crisheroes252
Khaldor240
TKL 227
Livibee197
QueenE87
Trikslyr87
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 704
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH278
• mYiSmile114
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV320
League of Legends
• Nemesis2360
• Jankos1583
• TFBlade611
Other Games
• Shiphtur709
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
40m
The PondCast
18h 40m
INu's Battles
19h 40m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.