• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:15
CEST 07:15
KST 14:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8031 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
September 11 2011 04:25 GMT
#81
On September 11 2011 12:35 TheRabidDeer wrote:
Why do people assume there is only one way to play, then when they lose to a different style they call you bad because of it? Some guy just raged on me and called me an idiot because I opened 1 base roach in zvz when he opened tons of speedlings with a faster expansion... i just chilled on one base, got more drones and a few roaches then moved out with a fastish +1 on my roaches and took my expansion and had full saturation when it popped.

Apparently I am an idiot and a bad player, even though he lost.

I think "WHY on EARTH did I lose to this AWFUL build" was probably going through your opponent's mind when they left the game, he/she knew that that game should have been a free win, and they just messed up.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 11 2011 07:03 GMT
#82
Hah I had a zvz just like that the other day. The gist of it was I took an early lead when he lost track of some of the zerglings of the early game back and forth. They weren't lost, just morphing in the corner of his base

So I had a lead in every aspect of the game and drew it to late game for fun and practice. After 23 minutes of sniping hidden expansions, beating him on drones, upgrades, infestor counts, anything you could want- I move in for the kill and he puts up a final bad engagement in a last futile defense. Then, instead of gg he offers me this caveat.
"it's funny because you're a terrible player"
You Win!
(random guy is not online)

What I'm getting at here is people raging at a loss, soaked in a puddle of adrenalin and frustration, will say any negative thing they can think of about you. Usually the first thing that comes to mind of course is- You're fucking terrible.

Pay no mind. You have their ladder points.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Soma.bokforlag
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden448 Posts
September 11 2011 19:28 GMT
#83
does anyone know when 1.4 will be out? i hope its before code a begins :/:/
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 11 2011 19:31 GMT
#84
Nope. They haven't put a date on it yet afaik
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Dariusz
Profile Joined May 2011
Poland657 Posts
September 11 2011 19:34 GMT
#85
On September 10 2011 14:40 baubo wrote:
Okay. I'm sure this is an old question but I just recently started watching SC2 after years of being a BW fan.Ireally want to get into SC2 due to all the foreigner involvement that you don't see anymore in the latter years of BW. But watching the game seems really lacking for a very simple reason.

Clumped armies

I hate it. I loathe it. I feel like everything that's bad with SC2 from a spectator's perspective comes from clumped armies. Note I say spectator's perspective, since I enjoy playing the game just fine. But watching the game is a whole different story.

Clumped armies make 200 vs 200 army clashes look like one blob vs another blob. It makes AOE attacks devastating so that entire armies die in a couple of seconds from AOE spells or attacks. It also make it hard to notice details because details get destroyed when you're watching blobs of armies.

So why can't Blizzard make armies a little more spread out. I mean, I saw a recent trailer of HOTS and the engagement was "spread out" to make things look more epic. So why is the game so different? It's hard to be epic when a swarm is not a swarm but just a ball that dies to a couple of tank splashes.

I


Changing balance to satisfy "some" viewers would be completly retarded and i hope noone in Blizzard ever thinks about, it for a second.
Protoss2
Profile Joined September 2011
Mexico2 Posts
September 11 2011 21:24 GMT
#86
hi could anyone help me buy a key (Taiwan-Korea) please!, I have the game and all, but not the account, I hope someone can tell me where to buy, and what better than Paypal.
PS: already tried in many ways, crossing of Blizzard.com. usbattle.net, phone, tickets, ETC ETC. and give no solution.
HelpMe plz !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hola
mhsMILKe
Profile Joined August 2011
United States14 Posts
September 12 2011 00:36 GMT
#87
I have been using a build where I go mass ling after 14 has 14 pool and attack the choke of the protoss with lings. We haven't figured out a way to hold it off, so I inquire here. Sorry if this post is in the wrong area, and thanks for your help.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 12 2011 03:03 GMT
#88
Have you tried producing.. sentries?
Without a replay idk what to say. Mass ling is pretty bad all you have to do is produce a zealot off one gateway and a sentry off a second while getting up a stargate.

Just ff the ramp and konga line zealot after zealot.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
September 12 2011 04:00 GMT
#89
Does anyone know when the next GSL broadcast is? Is it really in two weeks when the GSTL playoffs start?
"En taro adun, Executor."
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
September 12 2011 14:08 GMT
#90
On September 12 2011 13:00 Chriscras wrote:
Does anyone know when the next GSL broadcast is? Is it really in two weeks when the GSTL playoffs start?


Uhh, Arena of Legends starts this weekend, the 17th, and GSL October starts the 19th according to the gomtv website. So, we just have nothing for this week it looks like.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
September 12 2011 16:41 GMT
#91
On September 12 2011 23:08 Rkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 12 2011 13:00 Chriscras wrote:
Does anyone know when the next GSL broadcast is? Is it really in two weeks when the GSTL playoffs start?


Uhh, Arena of Legends starts this weekend, the 17th, and GSL October starts the 19th according to the gomtv website. So, we just have nothing for this week it looks like.


The perfect week for a patch!
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
September 12 2011 19:03 GMT
#92
So I just got Internet at my new apartment after two heart-wrenchingly soul-crushing weeks without it. I tried playing some SC2 yesterday but got crushed because I found my mechanics basically back to Bronze level. Has anyone else gone through the same thing, and how did you shake off the rust?
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
September 12 2011 20:30 GMT
#93
2 Weeks should be manageable, perhaps try some games vs. ai, but I think you just had some bad luck or so..
Etc.
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
September 12 2011 21:38 GMT
#94
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 12 2011 22:17 GMT
#95
On September 13 2011 06:38 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?


The option you're looking for is Menu -> Options -> Sound -> Untick the "Error Sounds" option.

That disables anything played in response to you trying to do something you can't.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
TheRealPaciFist
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1049 Posts
September 12 2011 22:39 GMT
#96
On September 13 2011 07:17 Iyerbeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 06:38 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?


The option you're looking for is Menu -> Options -> Sound -> Untick the "Error Sounds" option.

That disables anything played in response to you trying to do something you can't.


That's already unticked. If this is a bug I wonder what caused it... grrr
Second favorite strategy game of all time: Starcraft. First: Go (aka Wei Qi, Paduk, or Igo)
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 12 2011 22:54 GMT
#97
On September 13 2011 07:39 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 07:17 Iyerbeth wrote:
On September 13 2011 06:38 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?


The option you're looking for is Menu -> Options -> Sound -> Untick the "Error Sounds" option.

That disables anything played in response to you trying to do something you can't.


That's already unticked. If this is a bug I wonder what caused it... grrr


Just to be 100% sure I just went in to a game and double checked and it is definately that option (I couldn't get a "We require more mineralssss"). Seems like an awful bug.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 13 2011 16:45 GMT
#98
On September 13 2011 07:54 Iyerbeth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 07:39 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
On September 13 2011 07:17 Iyerbeth wrote:
On September 13 2011 06:38 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?


The option you're looking for is Menu -> Options -> Sound -> Untick the "Error Sounds" option.

That disables anything played in response to you trying to do something you can't.


That's already unticked. If this is a bug I wonder what caused it... grrr


Just to be 100% sure I just went in to a game and double checked and it is definately that option (I couldn't get a "We require more mineralssss"). Seems like an awful bug.


I usually prefer to have that boxed ticked, just because sometimes I don't notice that I'm supply blocked... yes I know it's terrible but the voice helps.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 13 2011 18:34 GMT
#99
On September 14 2011 01:45 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 13 2011 07:54 Iyerbeth wrote:
On September 13 2011 07:39 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
On September 13 2011 07:17 Iyerbeth wrote:
On September 13 2011 06:38 TheRealPaciFist wrote:
Is there a way to turn off the annoying "You have not enough minerals" and "You have not enough supply" messages? I don't need that girl yapping in my ears telling me things I already know. I could have sworn there was a way to turn her off and that I'd done it before, but now I can't find the setting, despite looking at every tab in Options. Am I missing something?


The option you're looking for is Menu -> Options -> Sound -> Untick the "Error Sounds" option.

That disables anything played in response to you trying to do something you can't.


That's already unticked. If this is a bug I wonder what caused it... grrr


Just to be 100% sure I just went in to a game and double checked and it is definately that option (I couldn't get a "We require more mineralssss"). Seems like an awful bug.


I usually prefer to have that boxed ticked, just because sometimes I don't notice that I'm supply blocked... yes I know it's terrible but the voice helps.


I agree completey, and I'd never turn it off myself, but having the option to is good.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Khenra
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Netherlands885 Posts
September 13 2011 22:12 GMT
#100
I'd turn off the 'Not enough minerals' sound, but not the 'Build more supply depots' sound. They should make an option for that
This signature is ruining eSports.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 580
Hyuk 467
Leta 86
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm221
League of Legends
JimRising 850
Other Games
summit1g9526
WinterStarcraft443
Mew2King64
ArmadaUGS48
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1005
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2250
League of Legends
• Rush1359
• Lourlo1004
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 45m
INu's Battles
6h 45m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
9h 45m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 45m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 45m
Replay Cast
17h 45m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 5h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.