• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:24
CEST 13:24
KST 20:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10873 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
September 29 2011 16:04 GMT
#221
Just wondering, why can TL players get phone calls for sharing an account but GSTL uses team accounts without issue?
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 29 2011 19:43 GMT
#222
lol because blizzard was being a huge douchebag.
Also (real answer) because Huk was laddering on TLOs account, not using it for a tournament. However, teams let players use the accounts on ladder when they aren't being used for tournaments sooo see the first line.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
whoopingchow
Profile Joined June 2011
United States293 Posts
September 30 2011 00:39 GMT
#223
On September 29 2011 17:00 ReaPerzZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 02:27 eYeball wrote:
On September 27 2011 18:35 ReaPerzZ wrote:
guys i really want to know what iwould have to do to become a pro at starcraft. i practice all the time i can but how would i get a pro team to notice and take me on board?


Pick Terran, play everyday, if you lose analyse your replays and maybe get a idol or something and replicate/copy/study his playstyle.


thanks, but i think i am fairly good at protoss and i am having some success playing that race, would HuK be a good role model? and any idea of what sort of tornamounts i should enter? i am in the bronze league at the momment, mainly cause most people cheese you with 40 cannons at the front of your base, and just wondered what tornamounts you would recomened me entering?

also thanks to probe1 and HDream for their replys, any feedback from them is also appreciated

Thanks Muchly
ReaPerzZ


In terms of finding a pro to watch, I'd recommend figuring out what style you like playing, and finding a streamer that does it well. For example, I play Terran, but I like a more bio-mech style. There's tons of Terran streamers out there, like Jinro, Demuslim, Slayers_Dragon, Trimaster, TLO, etc. Since I like bio-based play more, I tend to watch Demuslim and Select more than Jinro and Trimaster (Dragon is purely for lulz mostly). This'll take time to figure out, of course, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
MyTaeyeony
Profile Joined February 2011
United States2 Posts
September 30 2011 05:03 GMT
#224
Zerg is op infestors need their energy upgrade taken away. Fungal is too powerful

User was warned for this post
ReaPerzZ
Profile Joined September 2011
England13 Posts
September 30 2011 07:46 GMT
#225
ok thanks i am gunna go practice and find an idol, hopefully you will see me soon in a pro team (probs not for a while thouhg lol)
Deramius
Profile Joined March 2011
4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-30 15:26:41
September 30 2011 15:26 GMT
#226
Hey guys, I casted EGIdrA vs. GoSuNamhciR :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFPSi3X-BIo

This is a rescent match, one after the infamous rage quit. Pretty good.

Also, check my channel out:http://www.youtube.com/user/DeramiusSC2
Orcasgt24
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada3238 Posts
October 01 2011 08:22 GMT
#227
So I see prooss doing really well in GSTL using double forge and getting to 3-3 Collosus ultra fast. I expect this style to remain strong for quite awhile.

What I wanna know is why did this style suddenly fall from grace? Toss were winning games doing this several GSL seasons ago and then all of a sudden they just stopped using it. Was there some metagame shift that started to crush this? I know it wasn't 1/1/1 from T because that wasn't popular while the 2 forges was
In Hearthstone we pray to RNGesus. When Yogg-Saron hits the field, RNGod gets to work
HDream
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway20 Posts
October 01 2011 08:23 GMT
#228
On October 01 2011 17:22 Orcasgt24 wrote:
So I see prooss doing really well in GSTL using double forge and getting to 3-3 Collosus ultra fast. I expect this style to remain strong for quite awhile.

What I wanna know is why did this style suddenly fall from grace? Toss were winning games doing this several GSL seasons ago and then all of a sudden they just stopped using it. Was there some metagame shift that started to crush this? I know it wasn't 1/1/1 from T because that wasn't popular while the 2 forges was


I swear on my damn life, 80 % of my match-ups on ladder are vs protoss. and 80 % of them use some version of that build. My guess is people figured it out how to counter it long ago.
It takes +2 to tango
Conquerer67
Profile Joined May 2011
United States605 Posts
October 01 2011 08:44 GMT
#229
On September 30 2011 14:03 MyTaeyeony wrote:
Zerg is op infestors need their energy upgrade taken away. Fungal is too powerful

User was warned for this post


Did you make your TL account just to say that? It's called ghosts/templar.
I hate when people compare SC2 and rochambeu. One race isn't fucking supposed to counter another one. | Protoss isn't OP. Their units on the other hand....
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
October 01 2011 18:53 GMT
#230
Could someone list all the Blizzard maps that don't allow certain spawn positions? The only one I'm aware of is no close ground positions on Shakuras. I luckily heard this from a friend; I've searched Liquipedia and the Blizzard forums but found nothing on the topic.
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
October 01 2011 19:03 GMT
#231
On October 02 2011 03:53 Beardfish wrote:
Could someone list all the Blizzard maps that don't allow certain spawn positions? The only one I'm aware of is no close ground positions on Shakuras. I luckily heard this from a friend; I've searched Liquipedia and the Blizzard forums but found nothing on the topic.


That's the only one I can think of. Some other maps like MLG versions of shattered/meta don't allow close spawns but those aren't the ladder/Blizzard versions.
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
October 02 2011 02:34 GMT
#232
I am a high gold level zerg player and all my friends tell me I have the skill to be platinum and a lot say I am even better than them it is just my decision making that has me up in knots. And I totally agree. From what I see I finish a lot of games doing really good its just that what I see I dont respond correctly, a lot of times I lose my entire army doing incredibly stupid things. I started playing on KR servers and got to gold there as well but there it is even easier to do incredibly stupid things. Sometimes I see massss zerglings and instead of doing banelings or something I go "oh I can just make more roaches" it is almost instantly after the game that I nkow what I could have done. But I just go into next game messing up again. How can I overcome this decision barrier? It plays a role in how I micro/ When to drone or army/ when to expand/ what units to make ect. I just feel like i have the skill and mechanics down I just dont know what to do in tough decisions. I dont rage or anything so thats good but I just make the dumbest mistakes. I just played literally 3 games in a row where I was ahead and my army could easily kill his but I made a stupid decision like "lets set army here instead of at home" or something. It also seems in a lot of games if the oponent waited even 5 seconds longer I would have won but since he came out at just the wrong time I lost.
HDream
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway20 Posts
October 02 2011 04:56 GMT
#233
On October 02 2011 11:34 HamzasSister wrote:
I am a high gold level zerg player and all my friends tell me I have the skill to be platinum and a lot say I am even better than them it is just my decision making that has me up in knots. And I totally agree. From what I see I finish a lot of games doing really good its just that what I see I dont respond correctly, a lot of times I lose my entire army doing incredibly stupid things. I started playing on KR servers and got to gold there as well but there it is even easier to do incredibly stupid things. Sometimes I see massss zerglings and instead of doing banelings or something I go "oh I can just make more roaches" it is almost instantly after the game that I nkow what I could have done. But I just go into next game messing up again. How can I overcome this decision barrier? It plays a role in how I micro/ When to drone or army/ when to expand/ what units to make ect. I just feel like i have the skill and mechanics down I just dont know what to do in tough decisions. I dont rage or anything so thats good but I just make the dumbest mistakes. I just played literally 3 games in a row where I was ahead and my army could easily kill his but I made a stupid decision like "lets set army here instead of at home" or something. It also seems in a lot of games if the oponent waited even 5 seconds longer I would have won but since he came out at just the wrong time I lost.


play more
It takes +2 to tango
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 05:32:52
October 02 2011 05:13 GMT
#234
gee thanks.. not

I play about 30 games a day on weekends and fridays so "play more" doesnt really help me at all. I am looking for some nice short and sweet guide on what to look out for or a link to a recource or something. I keep having this bad decision making problem and I dont know where it come from


for example if I see someone take a fast expo instead of expanding myself like I know I should I just get this idea in my head that if I do an all in I will win and 90% of the time it doesnt work but I just do it anyways.
HDream
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway20 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-02 06:50:28
October 02 2011 06:48 GMT
#235
On October 02 2011 14:13 HamzasSister wrote:
gee thanks.. not

I play about 30 games a day on weekends and fridays so "play more" doesnt really help me at all. I am looking for some nice short and sweet guide on what to look out for or a link to a recource or something. I keep having this bad decision making problem and I dont know where it come from


for example if I see someone take a fast expo instead of expanding myself like I know I should I just get this idea in my head that if I do an all in I will win and 90% of the time it doesnt work but I just do it anyways.


Wtf did you expect? An essay? You're just in gold league, one of the things you need to work on is decision making. What am I supposed to tell you, to be smart? Not be stupid? Just play more, learn what to do and when to do it. What is the problem? Honestly, what kind of resource or guide did you expect?
It takes +2 to tango
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
October 02 2011 07:18 GMT
#236
On October 02 2011 15:48 HDream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 14:13 HamzasSister wrote:
gee thanks.. not

I play about 30 games a day on weekends and fridays so "play more" doesnt really help me at all. I am looking for some nice short and sweet guide on what to look out for or a link to a recource or something. I keep having this bad decision making problem and I dont know where it come from


for example if I see someone take a fast expo instead of expanding myself like I know I should I just get this idea in my head that if I do an all in I will win and 90% of the time it doesnt work but I just do it anyways.


Wtf did you expect? An essay? You're just in gold league, one of the things you need to work on is decision making. What am I supposed to tell you, to be smart? Not be stupid? Just play more, learn what to do and when to do it. What is the problem? Honestly, what kind of resource or guide did you expect?



Its just that I have had this problem forever and while my skill level is going up my decision making has yet to improve, i was asking if there was a way to somehow practice decision making just like one might practice macro or something, I wanted to find a way to improve the decision making and start winning again. It seems that for almost ever the only reason I win a game is if I happen to outmacro my opponent and get lucky on unit choice, ie. mass roach or something and happen to kill the protoss because i have so many bases, even though he went for immortals or something.
Alpino
Profile Joined June 2011
Brazil4390 Posts
October 02 2011 07:56 GMT
#237
On October 02 2011 16:18 HamzasSister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 15:48 HDream wrote:
On October 02 2011 14:13 HamzasSister wrote:
gee thanks.. not

I play about 30 games a day on weekends and fridays so "play more" doesnt really help me at all. I am looking for some nice short and sweet guide on what to look out for or a link to a recource or something. I keep having this bad decision making problem and I dont know where it come from


for example if I see someone take a fast expo instead of expanding myself like I know I should I just get this idea in my head that if I do an all in I will win and 90% of the time it doesnt work but I just do it anyways.


Wtf did you expect? An essay? You're just in gold league, one of the things you need to work on is decision making. What am I supposed to tell you, to be smart? Not be stupid? Just play more, learn what to do and when to do it. What is the problem? Honestly, what kind of resource or guide did you expect?



Its just that I have had this problem forever and while my skill level is going up my decision making has yet to improve, i was asking if there was a way to somehow practice decision making just like one might practice macro or something, I wanted to find a way to improve the decision making and start winning again. It seems that for almost ever the only reason I win a game is if I happen to outmacro my opponent and get lucky on unit choice, ie. mass roach or something and happen to kill the protoss because i have so many bases, even though he went for immortals or something.


See pros playing and actively think about what decisions they're making in what situations. That's what I do, and I'm awesome.
20/11/2015 - never forget EE's Ember
Silverfoxx
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States184 Posts
October 02 2011 12:42 GMT
#238
Here's a random thought.
During this weeks FXO's king of the hill, marinking won 5 games, and when they were announcing his last opponent my mind immediately latched onto it.
"And now, Marinekings Next opponent is MVP"
This is what I heard and my heart just went YAY!
then they finished it.
MVP's keen.
And being a bit of an MVP fanboy, my heart sank.

Anyone else think those two names are way too similiar? and also, think it would be hysterical if the player left IM and joined MVP to become MVP_MVP? :D
The fox is back.
bg451
Profile Joined January 2011
United States40 Posts
October 03 2011 03:28 GMT
#239
Ok so I wanted to know if there was a way to change the server of starcraft 2 without having two separate clients. I have searched the team liquid forums and google, and the results come up with ways for the SC2 beta days. Is there anything recent? I have tried this guide and it didnt work even after following the instructions. And yes i do have a NA and an EU account. Suggestions? Thanks in advanced!
bgforfiveone.890
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
October 03 2011 07:59 GMT
#240
DESTRUCTIBLE ROCKS destroy E-sports :/
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1849
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo540
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
Replay Cast
11h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.