• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:24
CEST 13:24
KST 20:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10846 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
mnck
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark1518 Posts
October 03 2011 08:06 GMT
#241
On October 02 2011 16:18 HamzasSister wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 02 2011 15:48 HDream wrote:
On October 02 2011 14:13 HamzasSister wrote:
gee thanks.. not

I play about 30 games a day on weekends and fridays so "play more" doesnt really help me at all. I am looking for some nice short and sweet guide on what to look out for or a link to a recource or something. I keep having this bad decision making problem and I dont know where it come from


for example if I see someone take a fast expo instead of expanding myself like I know I should I just get this idea in my head that if I do an all in I will win and 90% of the time it doesnt work but I just do it anyways.


Wtf did you expect? An essay? You're just in gold league, one of the things you need to work on is decision making. What am I supposed to tell you, to be smart? Not be stupid? Just play more, learn what to do and when to do it. What is the problem? Honestly, what kind of resource or guide did you expect?



Its just that I have had this problem forever and while my skill level is going up my decision making has yet to improve, i was asking if there was a way to somehow practice decision making just like one might practice macro or something, I wanted to find a way to improve the decision making and start winning again. It seems that for almost ever the only reason I win a game is if I happen to outmacro my opponent and get lucky on unit choice, ie. mass roach or something and happen to kill the protoss because i have so many bases, even though he went for immortals or something.


Stick to one strat in every matchup, grind out mistakes one by one. Sounds like you don't actually understand how the game works out and just play without understanding anything. I find the best way to learn is to stick with something you copied from a good player and keep playing like that untill you understand what is going on, this is true for all games you wanna get good at.
@Munck
FuzzyKillah
Profile Joined March 2011
Croatia1 Post
October 03 2011 15:40 GMT
#242
Being European, I will argue that koreans should only be drafted into foreign leagues as much as they allow foreign players to go there (which is barely)
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-04 08:54:31
October 04 2011 08:53 GMT
#243
Being lactose intolerant, I respectfully disagree.
Sporadic44
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States533 Posts
October 04 2011 14:58 GMT
#244
On October 04 2011 00:40 FuzzyKillah wrote:
Being European, I will argue that koreans should only be drafted into foreign leagues as much as they allow foreign players to go there (which is barely)


Care to elaborate? While I dont really fancy the idea of playing ST_Rainbow in the second round of the playhem daily as was the case yesterday, I believe opportunities to play koreans are a good thing for players. Yes it sucks that koreans tend to smack their foreign counterparts around, but you get better by playing better opponents.

Consider IEM semi's idra vs puma. It was evident from that series that idra and puma had played many games together, and thats why idra was able to compete. (meta game aside the point remains true).

And with more and more foreigners playing in Korea as Koreans play amongst us, the skill gap that was so evident in broodwar is beginning to fill.
"Opportunities multiply as they are seized."
Philipd122
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia776 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 10:04:25
October 05 2011 09:49 GMT
#245
oGsVINES tearing NA server apart -

95 wins, 5 losses with 95% win ratio.

Source: http://sc2ranks.com/ranks/all/grandmaster/1/all/points/100 (The one with 95% win ratio)
Oz | Leenock | GuMiho | Lucky | MC | PartinG | DRG | Mvp
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 10:00:04
October 05 2011 09:59 GMT
#246
On October 04 2011 23:58 Sporadic44 wrote:
Care to elaborate? While I dont really fancy the idea of playing ST_Rainbow in the second round of the playhem daily as was the case yesterday, I believe opportunities to play koreans are a good thing for players.


omg I'm jealous.

I think it would have taken me 30 seconds of fumbling to get my first 6 Probes to mine once I realize I'm in the game with Rainbow.
Apolo
Profile Joined May 2010
Portugal1259 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-05 11:18:13
October 05 2011 11:15 GMT
#247
I recently saw a post of a COD player whose 4 man team was awarded 400k $ for winning a championship. In the interwiew he says he plays around 4 hours per day. Is it me, or it's just a bunch of amateurs, that if some korean team came with SC2 like practice schedules, their ass would be kicked to the moon in a years practice?

SC2 players here scracthing their butts to blood to win dwarfish prizes and these guys with less than half of practice time earn gigant sums of money. Fair?
Sicky
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom121 Posts
October 05 2011 19:51 GMT
#248
On October 05 2011 20:15 Apolo wrote:
I recently saw a post of a COD player whose 4 man team was awarded 400k $ for winning a championship. In the interwiew he says he plays around 4 hours per day. Is it me, or it's just a bunch of amateurs, that if some korean team came with SC2 like practice schedules, their ass would be kicked to the moon in a years practice?

SC2 players here scracthing their butts to blood to win dwarfish prizes and these guys with less than half of practice time earn gigant sums of money. Fair?


It's not really about fairness, it's about how much revenue the ads will generate. There are undoubtedly more people that like Call of Duty than Starcraft 2. I'm sure, and hope that this will change.
perser84
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany399 Posts
October 06 2011 01:09 GMT
#249
why dont die protoss units if you kill the pylon during they warping
it just written aport

does that make sense ?
HowellTime
Profile Joined September 2010
United States32 Posts
October 06 2011 05:50 GMT
#250
Need some help here. Is there a way to redo your placement matches? I am growing tired of terran, and want to make the change to toss but I dont want to get roflstomped by all the people I usually match up with.
Kid-Fox
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada400 Posts
October 06 2011 05:58 GMT
#251
On October 06 2011 14:50 HowellTime wrote:
Need some help here. Is there a way to redo your placement matches? I am growing tired of terran, and want to make the change to toss but I dont want to get roflstomped by all the people I usually match up with.


unfortunately, you can't reset your MMR so your opponent's skill ratings will still be at the same level as when you switch to protoss. Either play custom games or lose 10-15-20 games in a row using toss. The initial 5 placement matches are for putting you into a league, but the single placement match at the start of a season is just for checking who is currently active.
HowellTime
Profile Joined September 2010
United States32 Posts
October 06 2011 06:27 GMT
#252
On October 06 2011 14:58 Kid-Fox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 14:50 HowellTime wrote:
Need some help here. Is there a way to redo your placement matches? I am growing tired of terran, and want to make the change to toss but I dont want to get roflstomped by all the people I usually match up with.


unfortunately, you can't reset your MMR so your opponent's skill ratings will still be at the same level as when you switch to protoss. Either play custom games or lose 10-15-20 games in a row using toss. The initial 5 placement matches are for putting you into a league, but the single placement match at the start of a season is just for checking who is currently active.



I thought there was a way to replay the placement matches, no? Ive lost about 15 games and im still hitting diamonds and its getting frustrating.
Escape
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada306 Posts
October 06 2011 15:20 GMT
#253
I have a question regarding hotkey profile in SC2. I am trying to play random but I have different hotkey profiles for each race. Is there a way to change the profile easily using keyboard shortcuts after the game has started, without doing the F10->hotkeys->..... ?

thank you.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-06 20:18:28
October 06 2011 20:16 GMT
#254
No, unfortunately that is the fastest way I am aware of. Perhaps there is another way but as far as I've ever known (playing since beta) .. no, you cannot change your hotkeys without going to the
menu->hotkeys

On October 06 2011 15:27 HowellTime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 06 2011 14:58 Kid-Fox wrote:
On October 06 2011 14:50 HowellTime wrote:
Need some help here. Is there a way to redo your placement matches? I am growing tired of terran, and want to make the change to toss but I dont want to get roflstomped by all the people I usually match up with.


unfortunately, you can't reset your MMR so your opponent's skill ratings will still be at the same level as when you switch to protoss. Either play custom games or lose 10-15-20 games in a row using toss. The initial 5 placement matches are for putting you into a league, but the single placement match at the start of a season is just for checking who is currently active.



I thought there was a way to replay the placement matches, no? Ive lost about 15 games and im still hitting diamonds and its getting frustrating.

No. The only way to replay all 5 placement matches are to completely skip a season (Play season 1, don't play one single ladder game season 2, you play 5 placement matches season 3). Sorry, all you're doing is slowly lowering your MMR. At the moment, best guess, it's trying to realign. If you really want to try Protoss just keep immediately surrendering on games. 25-50 losses straight will put you in bronze.

Good luck.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
October 06 2011 21:13 GMT
#255
Don't lose on purpose, it's a bannable offense and I will report you if I can/see, if you want to change your race, just do it and keep practicing with whoever comes, it can't be a bad practice just because you have little chances on winning. Your frustration is a psycological problem that you should try to fix by realising that losing is fine, you are learning, you shouldn't fix the frustration by smashing bronzes, really.
iky43210
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2099 Posts
October 06 2011 23:55 GMT
#256
just looked at sc2rank.com

how come there's not alot of players in China? Do they not like the game?
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
October 07 2011 00:36 GMT
#257
I don't see a Simple Questions Simple Answers for SC2 general, so I will ask here.

Which Korean pro is this (if it is actually a korean pro?)
[image loading]
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-07 02:34:26
October 07 2011 02:32 GMT
#258
On October 07 2011 09:36 57 Corvette wrote:
I don't see a Simple Questions Simple Answers for SC2 general, so I will ask here.

Which Korean pro is this (if it is actually a korean pro?)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

김종현 according to lovedrop; google link
He is a kpop star.

우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
October 07 2011 03:45 GMT
#259
Are IPL replays being released anywhere?
Epoch
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada257 Posts
October 07 2011 07:10 GMT
#260
Are buttons on the mouse legal to use in tournaments? I don't know if they are non standard at like lans like MLG or whatever so I don't want to make use of them unless they are legal at lans and stuff. Please let me know :o
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs TBD
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1849
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo540
ArmadaUGS76
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 36m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 36m
Replay Cast
11h 36m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 36m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.