• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:29
CEST 10:29
KST 17:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10380 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
September 10 2011 05:29 GMT
#61
On September 10 2011 14:03 Mutt_Boi wrote:
I'm trying to watch the GOM TV allstar game, but I keep on getting this message.

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (gomcmd) isn't associated with any program.


Please help!!


Did you install the gom player already?

http://download.cnet.com/GOM-Media-Player/3000-13632_4-10551786.html?part=dl-GOMMediaP&subj=dl&tag=button
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
September 10 2011 05:40 GMT
#62
Okay. I'm sure this is an old question but I just recently started watching SC2 after years of being a BW fan.Ireally want to get into SC2 due to all the foreigner involvement that you don't see anymore in the latter years of BW. But watching the game seems really lacking for a very simple reason.

Clumped armies

I hate it. I loathe it. I feel like everything that's bad with SC2 from a spectator's perspective comes from clumped armies. Note I say spectator's perspective, since I enjoy playing the game just fine. But watching the game is a whole different story.

Clumped armies make 200 vs 200 army clashes look like one blob vs another blob. It makes AOE attacks devastating so that entire armies die in a couple of seconds from AOE spells or attacks. It also make it hard to notice details because details get destroyed when you're watching blobs of armies.

So why can't Blizzard make armies a little more spread out. I mean, I saw a recent trailer of HOTS and the engagement was "spread out" to make things look more epic. So why is the game so different? It's hard to be epic when a swarm is not a swarm but just a ball that dies to a couple of tank splashes.

I
Meh
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
September 10 2011 12:15 GMT
#63
On September 10 2011 14:40 baubo wrote:
Okay. I'm sure this is an old question but I just recently started watching SC2 after years of being a BW fan.Ireally want to get into SC2 due to all the foreigner involvement that you don't see anymore in the latter years of BW. But watching the game seems really lacking for a very simple reason.

Clumped armies

I hate it. I loathe it. I feel like everything that's bad with SC2 from a spectator's perspective comes from clumped armies. Note I say spectator's perspective, since I enjoy playing the game just fine. But watching the game is a whole different story.

Clumped armies make 200 vs 200 army clashes look like one blob vs another blob. It makes AOE attacks devastating so that entire armies die in a couple of seconds from AOE spells or attacks. It also make it hard to notice details because details get destroyed when you're watching blobs of armies.

So why can't Blizzard make armies a little more spread out. I mean, I saw a recent trailer of HOTS and the engagement was "spread out" to make things look more epic. So why is the game so different? It's hard to be epic when a swarm is not a swarm but just a ball that dies to a couple of tank splashes.

I


Heard this a million times before, but we can't just go away from the clumping system, the whole game is balanced around it.
The HotS trailer just took alot of effort, spreading all the units beforehand etc.
Etc.
2v2ApexKillaR
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany91 Posts
September 10 2011 12:20 GMT
#64
your fault if you clump your army.
We didnt lose. We just ran out of time.
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
September 10 2011 12:27 GMT
#65
On September 10 2011 21:20 ApexKillaR wrote:
your fault if you clump your army.

Great post. No really.

It's not about him clumping, it's about the loss of epic battles.
Games in BW rarely came till 200/200, but because the units spread so well the battles looked way more epic and micro was way more interesting.
Etc.
Vahriel
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia73 Posts
September 10 2011 13:10 GMT
#66
Hey guys, I was wondering, is it worth it to get a Taiwanese Account for the Korean server, for someone who wants to get a lot better at the game, but is still currently in Platnium, should I just focus on getting up to Masters+ in NA before I consider getting a Korean account, or would joining the Korean server help me even now, thanks~
ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı ǝןıɥʍuɐǝɯ
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
September 10 2011 13:14 GMT
#67
On September 10 2011 22:10 Vahriel wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering, is it worth it to get a Taiwanese Account for the Korean server, for someone who wants to get a lot better at the game, but is still currently in Platnium, should I just focus on getting up to Masters+ in NA before I consider getting a Korean account, or would joining the Korean server help me even now, thanks~

Until you're top masters, there is no difference between korean or NA servers. Only difference would be that you will be silver/gold there.
Etc.
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
September 10 2011 13:16 GMT
#68
On September 10 2011 22:14 Baseic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 22:10 Vahriel wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering, is it worth it to get a Taiwanese Account for the Korean server, for someone who wants to get a lot better at the game, but is still currently in Platnium, should I just focus on getting up to Masters+ in NA before I consider getting a Korean account, or would joining the Korean server help me even now, thanks~

Until you're top masters, there is no difference between korean or NA servers. Only difference would be that you will be silver/gold there.

And some lag/delay of course. Stick to NA in my opinion. ^__^
Complete
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1864 Posts
September 10 2011 13:19 GMT
#69
who is casting NASL this season?
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
September 10 2011 15:00 GMT
#70
On September 10 2011 22:10 Vahriel wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering, is it worth it to get a Taiwanese Account for the Korean server, for someone who wants to get a lot better at the game, but is still currently in Platnium, should I just focus on getting up to Masters+ in NA before I consider getting a Korean account, or would joining the Korean server help me even now, thanks~


I'm currently failing 7th grade science but should I sign up for AP Biology?
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
September 10 2011 17:30 GMT
#71
On September 11 2011 00:00 PolishxThunder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 10 2011 22:10 Vahriel wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering, is it worth it to get a Taiwanese Account for the Korean server, for someone who wants to get a lot better at the game, but is still currently in Platnium, should I just focus on getting up to Masters+ in NA before I consider getting a Korean account, or would joining the Korean server help me even now, thanks~


I'm currently failing 7th grade science but should I sign up for AP Biology?


This ^--^
Aiurr
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland80 Posts
September 10 2011 17:34 GMT
#72
If I want to constantly make marines, tanks and SCVs, how many factories / barracks should I have at 1 base / 2 bases / 3 bases ?
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
September 10 2011 19:47 GMT
#73
Today I have played ~8 tosses, 5 of those games were on Shakuras, TDA or Antiga.
I'm used to every toss and his mother doing FFE on this map, but for some reason none of them actually did this, is this a metagame shift or just coincidence.
If it's a metagame shift, why did it shift?
Etc.
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
September 10 2011 20:36 GMT
#74
On September 11 2011 02:34 Aiurr wrote:
If I want to constantly make marines, tanks and SCVs, how many factories / barracks should I have at 1 base / 2 bases / 3 bases ?


On 2 bases, you should have 7 rax, 2 factories, and 1 starport, (no addons on rax or starport, tech labs on factories) if you have full saturation, you should be able to produce 7 marines, 2 tanks, and a medivac non-stop.
Egyptian_Head
Profile Joined October 2010
South Africa508 Posts
September 10 2011 21:59 GMT
#75
How important is it to learn specific match ups, timings and all that jazz? I play random and I am in gold league, I mostly just stuff around doing stupid tactics. The only time I really lose is some early push or If im doing something totally stupid. If I want to get up to diamond do I really need to learn serious strategies, build orders instead of winging every game? Or is diamond bad enough that I can just power through by having better macro and relying on cheap tricks?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 11 2011 02:20 GMT
#76
I thought about phrasing this delicately but I don't want to give you the wrong impression. Without build orders you're unlikely to make it past platinum. Maybe you do get up to diamond. But you won't survive.

Learn builds.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
September 11 2011 02:49 GMT
#77
Why can't you build a creep tumor on a ramp?
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 11 2011 03:02 GMT
#78
Because you can't build anything else on a ramp. Why would creep tumors be different?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
darunia
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States139 Posts
September 11 2011 03:08 GMT
#79
On September 11 2011 12:02 Probe1 wrote:
Because you can't build anything else on a ramp. Why would creep tumors be different?


The tumor must be on level ground. It can't properly metabolize the extra creep if at an extreme angle due to the positioning of the fraumen glands.
If it sounds good, it is good.
TheRabidDeer
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States3806 Posts
September 11 2011 03:35 GMT
#80
Why do people assume there is only one way to play, then when they lose to a different style they call you bad because of it? Some guy just raged on me and called me an idiot because I opened 1 base roach in zvz when he opened tons of speedlings with a faster expansion... i just chilled on one base, got more drones and a few roaches then moved out with a fastish +1 on my roaches and took my expansion and had full saturation when it popped.

Apparently I am an idiot and a bad player, even though he lost.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 2560
Hyuk 289
Shinee 80
Hyun 68
Killer 61
ggaemo 54
Hm[arnc] 53
Snow 45
sorry 40
Bale 36
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 29
Bonyth 16
JYJ 11
League of Legends
JimRising 593
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King111
Other Games
summit1g7844
ArmadaUGS79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick756
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream202
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2342
League of Legends
• Lourlo1489
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1h 31m
INu's Battles
3h 31m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
6h 31m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
10h 31m
Replay Cast
14h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 1h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 2h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.