• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:41
CEST 21:41
KST 04:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8502 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
September 08 2011 10:25 GMT
#41
I got a idea for a protoss harass unit, since Blizzard told they are getting one for HotS. Imagine if you merge two-three DT's you get a DT with a blink, kind of Zerathul in campaign. However I feel maybe not all spells would be useful but maybe you could have 1-2 max per game and they do a little more damage then a normal DT. Thoughts?
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
AirbladeOrange
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2574 Posts
September 08 2011 18:00 GMT
#42
Is there a way to get the PTR back if it has been deleted?
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 08 2011 18:03 GMT
#43
Reinstall I guess.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
dani`
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands2402 Posts
September 08 2011 18:07 GMT
#44
On September 08 2011 19:25 eYeball wrote:
I got a idea for a protoss harass unit, since Blizzard told they are getting one for HotS. Imagine if you merge two-three DT's you get a DT with a blink, kind of Zerathul in campaign. However I feel maybe not all spells would be useful but maybe you could have 1-2 max per game and they do a little more damage then a normal DT. Thoughts?

Honestly it would come way too late (too far up in the tech tree). DTs are already pretty nice harassment units but I think Protoss needs something that can be fielded quicker and doesn't rely on lack of detection. I would absolutely love to have a Reaper-esque unit instead of blinking DTs =)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 08 2011 18:49 GMT
#45
You know what I would love? Vultures. Banelings are great but Vultures. Units that have immense skill caps. People say Zerg has no micro units. I disagree on the scope. SC2 has such a low micro ceiling. I want harder units that make for spectacular games and sports.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
TheProtossBard
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom9 Posts
September 09 2011 01:46 GMT
#46
Hi

I just played a PvT which reminded me heavily of the MLG with rain's nuke on naniwa! Ok, it wasnt a game winner for him .. far from it but it was completely cloaked in that .. by coincidence .. I attacked the very second he sent his nuke,

so all I heard was the barrage of siege tank fire etc! all in all i lost a base worth of probes and assumed it was down to a drop I missed while i was microing. it was only when I checked the replay I saw!

also checking the replay I also found that it was virtually impossible to hear the nuke announcement going off over the battle.

is it just me or is hearing announcements in game a hella more importent then the proportional volume of guns being fired?

any way of changing the volumes of announcements and stuff that people know of ? I already have music and ambient off!
ThorsThunder
Profile Joined January 2011
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 05:00:21
September 09 2011 04:51 GMT
#47
On September 07 2011 16:21 Probe1 wrote:

Xelus- Because it's made of paper mâché. With the upgrade it can barely outrun stimmed marines so there's something.


According to liquipedia, the warp prism moves at the same speed as a stimmed marine and hydralisks on creep after the gravitic drive upgrade. The only units it can't outrun are phoenixes and mutalisks.


Here's my question: I think space-controlling should be used more in SC2, something like what Spider Mines, Lurkers, and siege tanks did in sc1. What tactics can you use to control regions on the map in SC2, if there are any? Obviously siege tanks in SC2 can do this to some extent, so this use of the siege tank could be excluded.
Are you watching closely?
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
September 09 2011 11:08 GMT
#48
with so many TVT openings,
what do you guys recommend as solid opener in TVT?
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Erandorr
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
2283 Posts
September 09 2011 16:00 GMT
#49
I have a question that really doesnt deserve a thread but I would like some opinions on it.
If you are a racepicker like me and do these small tournaments, my opponents always get really pissed when I dont tell them what race I will be playing and just say "well it also depends on the map"
Even if I point out that its really hard to play more than one race they get really mad quite often( this happened the last 3 times, actually)
Do you guys think it can be considered BM or should I just tell them to quit whining :D
coolphantom
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada17 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-09 17:06:24
September 09 2011 17:06 GMT
#50
Are Ravens gonna be good? are they the terran infestor O_o??1? IMO i don't think so the hunter seeker missile takes too much energy PDD drone is really good though. Just bring back the science vessel from BW blizzard or make the Raven a little more expensive give it better skills.

Thoughts?
coolphantom
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada17 Posts
September 09 2011 17:15 GMT
#51
On September 06 2011 10:15 RLAincognito wrote:
hey guys maybe you guys have seen this, but i actually hadn't, its an old post and old news to many, but damn.... Pro Players charged!!! :O, i never knew starcraft could get so serious...
check this out!!

http://starcraft2forum.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14385


WOW. This is why popular tournaments in korea and internationally need to have bigger prize pools. If some one offered you 6000$ to drop games you would do especially at MLG where the prize pool is so low.
SDream
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Brazil896 Posts
September 09 2011 21:37 GMT
#52
Everyone has access to the same PTR now (even koreans).

http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/forum/931755/

We have a true international server now, so cool =)

(you can also download any client in any language to use the PTR!)
sunman1g
Profile Joined May 2011
United States334 Posts
September 10 2011 00:38 GMT
#53
On September 09 2011 03:49 Probe1 wrote:
You know what I would love? Vultures. Banelings are great but Vultures. Units that have immense skill caps. People say Zerg has no micro units. I disagree on the scope. SC2 has such a low micro ceiling. I want harder units that make for spectacular games and sports.


low micro ceiling for Zerg maybe, try playing terran in master you have to micro insanely if you want to survive and the smallest mistake costs you the victory from the A-moving zerg player.
Resistentialism
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada688 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-10 00:49:40
September 10 2011 00:45 GMT
#54
On September 10 2011 01:00 Erandorr wrote:
I have a question that really doesnt deserve a thread but I would like some opinions on it.
If you are a racepicker like me and do these small tournaments, my opponents always get really pissed when I dont tell them what race I will be playing and just say "well it also depends on the map"
Even if I point out that its really hard to play more than one race they get really mad quite often( this happened the last 3 times, actually)
Do you guys think it can be considered BM or should I just tell them to quit whining :D


If the tournament allows it they should be complaining to the organizers. If I was running a tourney though you'd have to put down your race when you sign up and you'd be DQ if you played something else.

I think playing random in tourneys is kind of suspect too. Supposing one player or the other can come up with an excuse for the game to need to be restarted, it could get really complicated.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
September 10 2011 00:58 GMT
#55
Just wanted to point out MarineKing placed 2nd in his Up/Down Group <3
"En taro adun, Executor."
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
September 10 2011 03:29 GMT
#56
What is tonights GSL schedule? I heard that there will be some showmatches? No idea when I should wake up TT
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
September 10 2011 03:32 GMT
#57
On September 10 2011 12:29 PolishxThunder wrote:
What is tonights GSL schedule? I heard that there will be some showmatches? No idea when I should wake up TT


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=263985

Starts at 1:10am eastern time. The All-star i figure will last for a couple hours. Maybe right up to the finals but I'm not sure really. Going to be one great fucking night for some starcraft 2 that's what i know for a fact.
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
darunia
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States139 Posts
September 10 2011 03:34 GMT
#58
On September 10 2011 12:29 PolishxThunder wrote:
What is tonights GSL schedule? I heard that there will be some showmatches? No idea when I should wake up TT


I've considered switching to second shift just to solve this conundrum
If it sounds good, it is good.
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
September 10 2011 03:49 GMT
#59
Oh goddamn, I should've went to sleep at 9pm and woken up at 2 TT.
Mutt_Boi
Profile Joined August 2011
United States30 Posts
September 10 2011 05:03 GMT
#60
I'm trying to watch the GOM TV allstar game, but I keep on getting this message.

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (gomcmd) isn't associated with any program.


Please help!!
Best line: "Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?" Britney from Glee
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1849
RotterdaM928
TaKeTV 400
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC182
ZombieGrub93
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1849
RotterdaM 928
IndyStarCraft 189
SteadfastSC 182
MaxPax 168
RuFF_SC2 147
ZombieGrub93
UpATreeSC 76
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2729
Shuttle 512
Dewaltoss 124
910 71
Mind 63
Bale 17
Counter-Strike
fl0m4036
pashabiceps1513
Fnx 669
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4734
Liquid`Hasu626
Other Games
Beastyqt833
mouzStarbuck414
shahzam304
ToD181
C9.Mang0148
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 158
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 19
• 80smullet 15
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade381
Other Games
• imaqtpie897
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 19m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 19m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.