• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:12
CEST 14:12
KST 21:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10087 users

[September] SC2 General Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-15 23:51:34
September 15 2011 23:51 GMT
#121
In destiny's streaming help blog, he suggested "VH Screen Capture 2.2.8 (VHSC)" but his link is broken and I for the love of me cannot find this version, only crappy 2.2.2 from like 2008.

Any suggestions or help?
DueSs
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States765 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-16 04:02:34
September 16 2011 04:00 GMT
#122

I'm trying to find a video clip where Idra coins the term "Artosis Pylon" during the NASL Season 1, Week 5, Cruncher vs. Ensare game. I don't hold a subscription to NASL (yet) and I was just wanting to see this snippet, not really the whole video. Does this exist anywhere?

Thanks in advance! ^^
komprezzor
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia4 Posts
September 16 2011 07:13 GMT
#123
Hello, I am trying to find a GSL game of recent where both players were terran and they opened and maintained mass marine medivac ONLY, and engaged in an upgrade war. I believe a similar game was played in IPL. If someone remembers who the player(s) were that were involved it would help me track the game down. Cheers!
SpurvL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden345 Posts
September 16 2011 09:31 GMT
#124
Remember the old days when TvT was constant scv/marine production and just rally them to the middle and fight? :D it was funny to watch tbh ^^
Naniwa, ThorZaiN, SaSe, DeMusliM, White-RA... Where are my Zerg heroes?.. Stephano <3
WizShaw
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada107 Posts
September 16 2011 15:29 GMT
#125
On September 06 2011 15:35 JosephFoU wrote:
Anyone donate for the "Sons of Starcraft" documentary?


I didnt, and I dont think tasteless deserves a documentary made after him. He doesnt even bother with the game anymore and just rides the wave of artosis's influence since he still actively takes part in all aspects of the game.

His commentating is going in the trash too.
Never Rub Another mans Rhubarb
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 16 2011 19:00 GMT
#126
SpurvL there were other good things like siege tank drop micro lol
(http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens1/vod/1136)

As far as Starcraft documentaries go- I'd like to see one actually finish instead of just sucking up community money, regardless of who it's about.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
September 16 2011 20:31 GMT
#127
Is there any way to play in windowed mode when you have two screens connected? I've never used two monitors until recently so I'm not so savy when it comes to it. The reason I ask is when I play with sc2 windowed mode I can't move the game image in the direction my second screen is unless i go slow.
DirTyHerps
Profile Joined September 2011
United States5 Posts
September 17 2011 09:20 GMT
#128
For my second post, I'd like to tell my buddy's joke...

What's better than a blue flame hellion?
A blue flame DeLorean!

If there's anyone who's good at drawing, I'd love to see that!
- "Come on people. Let's drop the arguments, return outta this func() and get back to main()."
Loliser
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada58 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 18:56:38
September 17 2011 18:55 GMT
#129
So here's a thought, instead of destructible rocks how about things like destructible terrain
I.E. A bridge you could walk over that had health and when destroyed you couldn't walk over it



On September 17 2011 05:31 nam nam wrote:
Is there any way to play in windowed mode when you have two screens connected? I've never used two monitors until recently so I'm not so savy when it comes to it. The reason I ask is when I play with sc2 windowed mode I can't move the game image in the direction my second screen is unless i go slow.


I use windowed fullscreen as the option, though if you mean fullscreen spanning across two monitors I really dont know T.T
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
September 17 2011 20:13 GMT
#130
I discovered a nice little trick to place a lot of Terran buildings simultaneously in an elegant fashion. This video describes it:




Any feedback is greatly appreciated! As the video description says, it's obviously nothing genius or groundbreaking but it is kinda neat (which is why I'm not making a new thread for it but posting here instead). I know my voice sucks, it's partly due to the crappy headset microphone I use. I have a much better set-up but no mic stand... -.-
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 17 2011 22:37 GMT
#131
I don't get it. That's.. how I've placed building since .. beta. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing or are you just saying how efficient it is?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
September 17 2011 22:55 GMT
#132
It's not about the placing buildings part, obviously you box your SCVs and then go B-B-left click-B-B-left click and so on. It's about the shift-click returning part. If you just shift-right click back to minerals you make your building SCVs return to minerals and not be idle after they did their job but you'll also screw up your mineral line as displayed in the video. My method presents a nice and easy way to always have all your SCVs that are building the number of structures return to minerals reliably without the risk of messing up your economy by sending all your other, uninvolved, workers to a single mineral patch.
PopcornColonel
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
September 18 2011 00:14 GMT
#133
On September 18 2011 05:13 dkh wrote:
I discovered a nice little trick to place a lot of Terran buildings simultaneously in an elegant fashion. This video describes it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdXuTH-QFzk


Any feedback is greatly appreciated! As the video description says, it's obviously nothing genius or groundbreaking but it is kinda neat (which is why I'm not making a new thread for it but posting here instead). I know my voice sucks, it's partly due to the crappy headset microphone I use. I have a much better set-up but no mic stand... -.-

Oh wow! This is actually really good! I didn't know you could just hit Q to select the building.

Thanks!
Zerg delenda est.
Azure Sky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States52 Posts
September 18 2011 02:04 GMT
#134
On September 17 2011 05:31 nam nam wrote:
Is there any way to play in windowed mode when you have two screens connected? I've never used two monitors until recently so I'm not so savy when it comes to it. The reason I ask is when I play with sc2 windowed mode I can't move the game image in the direction my second screen is unless i go slow.

Is the problem that if you move your mouse toward the second monitor then the mouse ignores SC2's boundaries and will actually go onto the second monitor instead? That happens to me sometimes. To fix it I recommend playing in windowed full screen and just alt tabbing out and then back into the game. I've gotten this method to work while playing in true full screen but it's more inconsistent.
kofman
Profile Joined August 2011
Andorra698 Posts
September 18 2011 07:28 GMT
#135
On September 18 2011 05:13 dkh wrote:
I discovered a nice little trick to place a lot of Terran buildings simultaneously in an elegant fashion. This video describes it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdXuTH-QFzk


Any feedback is greatly appreciated! As the video description says, it's obviously nothing genius or groundbreaking but it is kinda neat (which is why I'm not making a new thread for it but posting here instead). I know my voice sucks, it's partly due to the crappy headset microphone I use. I have a much better set-up but no mic stand... -.-


It's really good, thanks for posting! I would suggest you make an entirely new thread for this in the strategy section, because I think it would help a lot more people if you did that.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
September 18 2011 10:05 GMT
#136
On September 18 2011 07:55 dkh wrote:
It's not about the placing buildings part, obviously you box your SCVs and then go B-B-left click-B-B-left click and so on. It's about the shift-click returning part. If you just shift-right click back to minerals you make your building SCVs return to minerals and not be idle after they did their job but you'll also screw up your mineral line as displayed in the video. My method presents a nice and easy way to always have all your SCVs that are building the number of structures return to minerals reliably without the risk of messing up your economy by sending all your other, uninvolved, workers to a single mineral patch.

Okay I understand now. Definitely a efficient method, gj
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
September 18 2011 20:41 GMT
#137
In other news, that mutalisks in ZvZ guide I promised a few weeks ago keeps getting delayed because I never have good replays. I keep either ending games early or getting such a vast lead that the mutalisks didn't even matter. For some reason NA zergs forgot how to early game ZvZ.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Beardfish
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
United States525 Posts
September 19 2011 00:34 GMT
#138
On September 18 2011 05:13 dkh wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I discovered a nice little trick to place a lot of Terran buildings simultaneously in an elegant fashion. This video describes it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdXuTH-QFzk


Any feedback is greatly appreciated! As the video description says, it's obviously nothing genius or groundbreaking but it is kinda neat (which is why I'm not making a new thread for it but posting here instead). I know my voice sucks, it's partly due to the crappy headset microphone I use. I have a much better set-up but no mic stand... -.-

You can use the shift key to speed up the process even further. Instead of doing

bb click
bb click
bb click

for each rax you can actually just do

shift bb
click
click
click
PolishxThunder
Profile Joined May 2011
United States153 Posts
September 19 2011 03:00 GMT
#139
I live in USA and have NA - English version of SC2 and so I bought EU - Polish version.

I did some research and found some help on this that says "Now this is the most important step of the install:
Remember to choose a different folder to install Starcraft 2. I named my new folder "Starcraft TW" instead of "Starcraft II". After that click the bottom right icon to continue. If you forget to do this step the starcraft installation will overwrite your existing starcraft directory and corrupt your SEA/NA/EU installation. So CHANGE the installation folder!!!"

and so I changed the folder but I still get an error message
http://i.imgur.com/riTc8.jpg

It says That the said file exists and that the contents of the file will be deleted.


Has anyone encountered this problem?
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-19 08:52:34
September 19 2011 08:48 GMT
#140
On September 19 2011 09:34 Beardfish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 18 2011 05:13 dkh wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

I discovered a nice little trick to place a lot of Terran buildings simultaneously in an elegant fashion. This video describes it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdXuTH-QFzk


Any feedback is greatly appreciated! As the video description says, it's obviously nothing genius or groundbreaking but it is kinda neat (which is why I'm not making a new thread for it but posting here instead). I know my voice sucks, it's partly due to the crappy headset microphone I use. I have a much better set-up but no mic stand... -.-

You can use the shift key to speed up the process even further. Instead of doing

bb click
bb click
bb click

for each rax you can actually just do

shift bb
click
click
click


Absolutely, although there are subtle differences between the two methods of placing the buildings you describe. bb click bb click bb click makes the SCVs move to put down the buildings immediately while the shift bb click click click method queues the construction up and there will be a 1-3 second delay before an SCV actually starts moving to make the building as their first action in their queue will still be to finish gathering or returning resources.

Second, with bb click bb click bb click you can, much more easily, make different building types. Imagine you are playing TvZ, you were busy microing a marine-tank based push away from home and your money shot up to 1.2k minerals. In that situation you want to add a couple rax maybe, a second factory, two gases at your natural, a starport, two e-bays and two or three depots. So you box your workers at the nearest base and go bb click vf click br click br click vs click be click be click and so on.

The shift bb click click click method uses a lot less actions of course but in a real game scenario like the one I mentioned above it's a lot less elegant. It is better if you really want to add a sh*tton of buildings of the same type (like 10 rax for example) - so it's more effective -, but in an actual game it's much more likely that you want to make a lot of different buildings at the same time and for that I still very much prefer bb click bb click bb click - which is more flexible.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 947
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings192
CranKy Ducklings SOOP19
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36312
Shuttle 12728
FanTaSy 1732
Hyuk 1144
BeSt 572
Horang2 530
Pusan 337
Mini 311
Stork 255
EffOrt 200
[ Show more ]
Last 159
Killer 138
Zeus 136
Mind 88
ggaemo 71
sorry 62
Hyun 61
Snow 51
PianO 46
Sea.KH 42
Soma 38
ToSsGirL 34
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 31
JYJ 21
Aegong 18
hero 17
zelot 15
NaDa 12
Sacsri 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Dendi772
XcaliburYe361
Counter-Strike
fl0m1984
byalli879
x6flipin539
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu36
Other Games
gofns41680
singsing3010
B2W.Neo970
Hui .139
Livibee115
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick680
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 48m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 48m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 48m
Replay Cast
10h 48m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 48m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 48m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.