• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:18
CEST 13:18
KST 20:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9283 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
gotyilk
Profile Joined April 2011
United States34 Posts
May 20 2011 19:50 GMT
#81
My TL calendar for May seems to be off by a day... basically it shows today Friday as 5/21, when in fact it's 5/20. I noticed this earlier this week and it's been bothering me. Any setting I need to change?
kuroshiro
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom378 Posts
May 20 2011 19:51 GMT
#82
Does anyone know how long it takes a sentry to regen the 50 energy that's needed for a forcefield?

If a forcefield lasts 15 blizz seconds, then how many sentries would you need to be able to effectively perma forcefield a ramp?

Sorry I couldn't find this with the search function...
I am you, and you are me.
LOLingBuddha
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands697 Posts
May 20 2011 19:58 GMT
#83
On May 17 2011 23:54 turdburgler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 23:44 Sqq wrote:
On May 17 2011 23:42 ZedRa wrote:
Hey, Im a gold level random player on the EU servers, and got into a discussion with some other from my community, regarding the High Templar nerf back in the day. I pretty much quoted from a blue post on the forum, but still only got shit back from the players in the higher leagues (master and up).
Is it so that only 0,5% off the ones who play starcraft should be allowed to speak when it comes to ballance issues, and general talk about how the game works?


Thats the way it works in most communities. Sadly. As soon as you become very good at a game, or anything really, you don't want someone who is worse than you explaining you something about it.

I don't like the mentality, but thats the way it works

well you have to be honest with yourself. if you had any real insight into how the game should work you wouldnt be in gold. when a top top player is talking about something, it quickly gets frustrating having to go over the "obvious" when talking to lower players. plus a lot of lower players are just as arrogant about being correct without any of the experience to back it up. this is what causes most high level players in most communities to quickly stop posting.

I must completely disagree with you. let me go to one extreme on this. please bare with me.
what if stephen hawking loved to watch starcraft and knows all build time, timing attacked and little intricacies that the game has to offer by watching all high level replays. he will very likely have some very good insight into how this game works, but there is no way he will be able to execute well enough to get out of bronze.

now i know its an extreme example but there is a hige difference in understanding something and being able to execute something.
I agree in some cases a comment is warranted from a "pro" player towards a "noob" but this attitude towards lower level player is almost a given nowadays.
Let's say this "lower" player really has some valuable information then you lose out on something.
or even if the words he says dont really make sense, his idea can spark a whole nother train of thought in yourself which might lead to some awesome discoveries.

people shouldnt think because they are better that they are the only ones able to come up with fresh ideas.
-hops off soap box
PandaBlunt
Profile Joined September 2010
United States292 Posts
May 20 2011 20:22 GMT
#84
On May 21 2011 04:50 gotyilk wrote:
My TL calendar for May seems to be off by a day... basically it shows today Friday as 5/21, when in fact it's 5/20. I noticed this earlier this week and it's been bothering me. Any setting I need to change?


Double check youre looking at the right day, The TL calendar has the week starting on monday, and it runs of KST. ^_^.
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳
xbankx
Profile Joined July 2010
703 Posts
May 20 2011 22:40 GMT
#85
On May 21 2011 04:51 kuroshiro wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes a sentry to regen the 50 energy that's needed for a forcefield?

If a forcefield lasts 15 blizz seconds, then how many sentries would you need to be able to effectively perma forcefield a ramp?

Sorry I couldn't find this with the search function...


I believe it is 5 sentries to perma ff.
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
May 20 2011 22:42 GMT
#86
How many hellions do you need to stack enough splash damage to kill all types of bio?
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 20 2011 22:52 GMT
#87
On May 21 2011 04:50 gotyilk wrote:
My TL calendar for May seems to be off by a day... basically it shows today Friday as 5/21, when in fact it's 5/20. I noticed this earlier this week and it's been bothering me. Any setting I need to change?


TeamLiquid has always run on Korean Standard Time which is GMT+9
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
May 21 2011 01:58 GMT
#88
On May 20 2011 08:40 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2011 04:21 Adomine wrote:
On May 19 2011 04:12 usethis2 wrote:
Could anyone teach me how to make marines/zealots/zerglings dance? I've seen zerglings back flip, too.


select the units and just type /dance into chat



Don't forget /cheer

Thank you both of you!
Kdog3wa
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden40 Posts
May 21 2011 03:36 GMT
#89
I couldn't find a topic saying 'questions' (Didn't look too hard, but..) so im just going to post here.

Why is there a 3 months waiting time to get your stream up here? I just started playing (2 weeks or so, in platinum) and I'm a big fan of streaming, been doing it in various games and would like to get right to it with sc2. But wth? I really see no reason whatsoever to why there is a 3 month waiting time? :S
Thorzain, MMA, Moon & Nerchio. Also, I hate protoss.
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 04:04:22
May 21 2011 04:02 GMT
#90
I just saw a thread on the Chinese site s.163.com with an interview of Thorzain. Does anyone know if it is an interview that TL did that just has not been posted yet, or is it an interview done by them? Just checking so I don't end up translating for nothing. Thanks!

Edit - I've done a search for "Thorzain" and nothing came up that looked like that interview.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
May 21 2011 05:56 GMT
#91
On May 21 2011 12:36 Kdog3wa wrote:
I couldn't find a topic saying 'questions' (Didn't look too hard, but..) so im just going to post here.

Why is there a 3 months waiting time to get your stream up here? I just started playing (2 weeks or so, in platinum) and I'm a big fan of streaming, been doing it in various games and would like to get right to it with sc2. But wth? I really see no reason whatsoever to why there is a 3 month waiting time? :S


I hate to be negative but I don't think having a plethora of platinum level streams is really what TL.net needs. A three month waiting period seems like a good deterrent to keep the crazies away.

But honestly, we can watch Master/Grandmaster streams all day long. What would a platinum player bring to the table?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
omgCRAZY
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Canada551 Posts
May 21 2011 09:51 GMT
#92
On May 21 2011 14:56 Probe1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 12:36 Kdog3wa wrote:
I couldn't find a topic saying 'questions' (Didn't look too hard, but..) so im just going to post here.

Why is there a 3 months waiting time to get your stream up here? I just started playing (2 weeks or so, in platinum) and I'm a big fan of streaming, been doing it in various games and would like to get right to it with sc2. But wth? I really see no reason whatsoever to why there is a 3 month waiting time? :S


I hate to be negative but I don't think having a plethora of platinum level streams is really what TL.net needs. A three month waiting period seems like a good deterrent to keep the crazies away.

But honestly, we can watch Master/Grandmaster streams all day long. What would a platinum player bring to the table?


If they are interesting and commentate while playing. I think it would be something people may enjoy. The 3 month period is so people don't just show up, start streaming then disappear. I am not sure what WellPlayed.org 's rules are but you may be able to get your stream listed there while you wait.
THIS NEEDS FACE!
LOLingBuddha
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands697 Posts
May 21 2011 12:37 GMT
#93
ok, I will post my question that doesnt warrant it's own thread.
Im a random player mostly but sometimes switch to toss when i dont want to run the chance of rolling terran.
But, i completely dislike getting collosus, so i rarely every get them. I am in platinum at the moment. but do you all think you absolutely need to get a lot more collosus if you want to continue rising up the ladder?
lately with the archon buff i have been having some success with chargelots archon and whatever other mix is needed in the matchup.

interested to hear if i need to get collosus to continue moving up the ladder.
TheFrankOne
Profile Joined December 2010
United States667 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 13:21:18
May 21 2011 13:17 GMT
#94
On May 21 2011 21:37 Artimo wrote:
ok, I will post my question that doesnt warrant it's own thread.
Im a random player mostly but sometimes switch to toss when i dont want to run the chance of rolling terran.
But, i completely dislike getting collosus, so i rarely every get them. I am in platinum at the moment. but do you all think you absolutely need to get a lot more collosus if you want to continue rising up the ladder?
lately with the archon buff i have been having some success with chargelots archon and whatever other mix is needed in the matchup.

interested to hear if i need to get collosus to continue moving up the ladder.



Hey, it's possible but there are going to be some tricky timings if you want to avoid collosus. In PvT I find going for high templars on one or two bases is just not enough, you really seem to need the gas off of 3. So there is going to be a period where you are fighting stimmed bio with lots of medivacs (he has no need to produce vikings) and it will hurt badly. If you just get a couple collosus out on two base you can hold bio armies off much more easily and heavily reduce that medivac count, robo facilities not making collosus are still awesome, warp prisms, observers and immortals are sweet.

Chargelot Archon is pretty good in pvp apparently, I have been going for stargates, which is fun but I wouldnt really recommend it yet.

Immortal stalker sentry or immortal templar is definitely good in PvZ. If there are fast hydralisks you might not end up getting high templar out fast enough, so use them sentries!

Also remember dts are a good opener if you want to get out high templar.

Look in liquipedia and the strategy section for builds. Collosus are not necessary except maybe for a bit in pvt if they go heavy bio/medivac but they are good.

Edit: I'm ranked high diamond so you can go up a ways on the ladder without them.
Kdog3wa
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden40 Posts
May 21 2011 13:37 GMT
#95
On May 21 2011 18:51 omgCRAZY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 14:56 Probe1 wrote:
On May 21 2011 12:36 Kdog3wa wrote:
I couldn't find a topic saying 'questions' (Didn't look too hard, but..) so im just going to post here.

Why is there a 3 months waiting time to get your stream up here? I just started playing (2 weeks or so, in platinum) and I'm a big fan of streaming, been doing it in various games and would like to get right to it with sc2. But wth? I really see no reason whatsoever to why there is a 3 month waiting time? :S


I hate to be negative but I don't think having a plethora of platinum level streams is really what TL.net needs. A three month waiting period seems like a good deterrent to keep the crazies away.

But honestly, we can watch Master/Grandmaster streams all day long. What would a platinum player bring to the table?


If they are interesting and commentate while playing. I think it would be something people may enjoy. The 3 month period is so people don't just show up, start streaming then disappear. I am not sure what WellPlayed.org 's rules are but you may be able to get your stream listed there while you wait.



^This
Thorzain, MMA, Moon & Nerchio. Also, I hate protoss.
Loddigesia
Profile Joined April 2010
247 Posts
May 21 2011 16:07 GMT
#96
On May 21 2011 04:51 kuroshiro wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes a sentry to regen the 50 energy that's needed for a forcefield?

If a forcefield lasts 15 blizz seconds, then how many sentries would you need to be able to effectively perma forcefield a ramp?

Sorry I couldn't find this with the search function...


Check Liquipedia for this kind of information.
The sentry page directly gives you the answer: 6 sentries.

Energy regens at 0.5625 energy per game second; one force field costs 50 energy and lasts 15 seconds.
Thus, 1 sentry regens 50 energy in 89 seconds and you need 6 sentries to regen 50 energy in 15 seconds.
aka gorfou
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-22 02:23:23
May 22 2011 02:22 GMT
#97
I notice a weird delay in certain casters' spells. I'm playing all 3 races casually and so far I noticed it with Queens (Heal) and Ghosts (Snipe). Other casters, for example sentries, will instantly lay forcefield as many as their energy allows. But if I try to heal multiple units using queens or use snipe ability in quick succession they don't register even if they have excess energy. Is it by design? If so, which casters have these built-in casting delay that prevents multiple castings?
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
May 22 2011 02:56 GMT
#98
On May 22 2011 11:22 usethis2 wrote:
I notice a weird delay in certain casters' spells. I'm playing all 3 races casually and so far I noticed it with Queens (Heal) and Ghosts (Snipe). Other casters, for example sentries, will instantly lay forcefield as many as their energy allows. But if I try to heal multiple units using queens or use snipe ability in quick succession they don't register even if they have excess energy. Is it by design? If so, which casters have these built-in casting delay that prevents multiple castings?


its because the ability goes off at the end of an animation rather than the start, its by design.
Harmonious
Profile Joined December 2010
179 Posts
May 22 2011 11:48 GMT
#99
Does anyone know if someone has refined a mass helion tank build? I've been playing around in my gold ladder going blue flame helion expand into 4-5 facts and a reactored rax. I've found that reinforcing 4 tanks every production cycle is not only fun, it is also obscene. You have tanks tanking for tanks! And a single reactored factory churning out blue flame helions makes marines, zealots and lings moot. Not that the siege tanks don't dominate the ground completely already
vol_
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1608 Posts
May 22 2011 16:27 GMT
#100
Has anyone noticed something weird going on with units on move command running bugging out and getting stuck? It's hard to explain :S
One example was in Nestea vs Inca GSL May final game 2 where Incas DT on move command into nesteas base gets blocked at the ramp by a single Queen and just runs on the spot infront of it.
Another is a game I had on scrap station where the rocks at my natural had been taken down and I was blocking it with a queen and roach on hold position. I tried to transfer drones from my nat to my 3rd but they all ran into my makeshift wall instead of going around.
Is this a new bug or has this shitty pathing always been part of the game?
Jaedong gives me a deep resonance.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV200
Rex53
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko244
ProTech131
Rex 53
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14331
Soma 815
Jaedong 675
actioN 592
Hyuk 525
Soulkey 489
Horang2 346
BeSt 288
Larva 260
910 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 246
Light 208
Stork 193
Snow 175
EffOrt 160
ZerO 131
Last 123
Pusan 114
ggaemo 78
Mind 60
Rush 55
Shinee 47
Killer 40
Creator 38
Mong 37
Yoon 35
Bale 24
hero 21
Sharp 20
sorry 12
yabsab 12
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5431
Dendi207
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1541
pashabiceps869
markeloff42
kRYSTAL_19
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2825
Khaldor926
Other Games
gofns51668
singsing1530
XBOCT324
Pyrionflax253
B2W.Neo209
DeMusliM202
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS36
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream182
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH310
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos944
Other Games
• WagamamaTV191
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 42m
The PondCast
22h 42m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
OSC
1d 12h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.