• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10236 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
June 03 2011 11:58 GMT
#261
I wonder if HotS will be integrated with WoL so you don't have to log out, it doesn't seem like it would be too complicated for them to link them for those who buy the expansions. Anyone here anything about that topic? Couldn't find an answer anywhere so far. I can't wait to play the beta, last beta was so fun good times up and coming for us all! :D
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
June 03 2011 12:58 GMT
#262
Pretty sure you'll have to log out if you want to switch between the two. I cannot recall playing a game where you didn't have to.
ZeroFrisk
Profile Joined May 2011
England3 Posts
June 03 2011 14:03 GMT
#263
Hey there.

A few days ago I played a game against the feared player 2, aiming to see if I can still play as well as I used to, as I have had a break from Starcraft 2. As I play Protoss, I thought it'd be really clever to first quickly select my Nexus before sending my probes to mine. I started my first probe milliseconds into the game and sent my probes to mine by double clicking them within the first 2 seconds of the game. Now, when it came to the build order times, I found that the build time for my first probe was 51:26. Another example of this was in another game where I managed to get 55.28. I eventually got online and still it displayed an odd time. Is this a bug, or is it really showing the time of the probe in milliseconds?

Many thanks.

ZeroFrisk
RM_12
Profile Joined March 2011
201 Posts
June 03 2011 16:32 GMT
#264
Ok guys, i faced crazy zerg strategy today. And i'm talking craaaaazy strategy here, the guy was literaly out of his mind and he won.

So, it's PvZ on shakuras i open with 3 gate expand and keep him in his natural behind spinecrawlers, while i take my third and tech to dt. He breaks out with like 40 banelings so i back away and send dt's to delay his third. He gets morphs overseer and double expands and we are 4 bases vs 4 bases soon... but! First he sends 100 lings and kills my 3rd before i can get there. I kill all the lings, get 200/200 and move out with nice upgrades, but i face another horde of units, full energy infestors spit 92389 infested marines at once, i got flanked by ultras, fungaled, sorrounded by lings and splashed by banelings. I kill most of his army and run away with only few stalkers i have left but he's a zerg so he remaxes with 12 ultras and thousand of zerglings and spreads them to all my bases killing all nexuses at once in few zeconds before i can get units out... i was like... ultras and speedlings run so fast you simply can't do shit about it lol ^^
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
June 03 2011 17:06 GMT
#265
Have the search function changed here on TL? The past couple of days I seem to get different results than usually (I often search pretty generic things). Threads that have come up first before is hidden several pages away (if I can find them at all).
Wren
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States745 Posts
June 03 2011 17:29 GMT
#266
On June 03 2011 06:50 Probe1 wrote:
I want to know how ya get the races to be correct for that. I.E. (T)IdrA

Well, IdrA was Terran in BW, so that's what pops up still.
We're here! We're queer! We don't want any more bears!
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
June 03 2011 17:56 GMT
#267
I struggle vs most terran timing pushes and tank contains.. (i mean like, 1 base timings. tank contains can be off of two bases)

anyone have general advice/replays of P's holding this off?
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
ptrpb
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada753 Posts
June 04 2011 16:14 GMT
#268
So the TL feed says Naniwa won 2-0 against Slush, now MLG brackets say Slush won 2-1
Who's right?
I remember last night the MLG site saying Naniwa won but what the hell is going on?
MBAACC | SG | shit at fighting games
Leaky
Profile Joined December 2010
United States176 Posts
June 04 2011 17:49 GMT
#269
Do thors do splash damage vs ground units?
http://sc2ranks.com/us/653835/Leaky
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 04 2011 17:55 GMT
#270
Thors don't do splash damage to fround units.
What I want to ask, is it illegal in competitions/frowned upon to use outside programs to change hotkeys in scII without breaking the "1 key 1 action" rule? In game hotkey changes dont allow some combinations (spacebar + anything, alt + tab) that I'd like to use, but I want to know if in general it's allowed before I start using it. ^_^
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
d.o.c
Profile Joined August 2010
United States49 Posts
June 04 2011 18:13 GMT
#271
Major just murdered Axslav in his sleep. That was absolutely brutal.
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
June 04 2011 18:49 GMT
#272
Yea Major did a great job, I gotta say after hearing him say "I have no fans,everyone hates me" I feel more for the guy than I did before. I didn't like him after that whole ROOT incident knowing his past but seeing that he realizes people are still ashamed of what he did I think I'm more on his side of things now, just wish he had handled it differently. Back to that game though his drops are so good I wonder if he was macroing at all in between each of those drops, I couldn't imagine someone being able to do all that and still make stuff back home, either way I'm very impressed.
Mythiic
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway5 Posts
June 04 2011 20:49 GMT
#273
Hey guys. Ok, I have been playing Starcraft for about 2.5 weeks now, and I've been in top 8 bronze for about 2 weeks. Now I am rank 1 in bronze, with 20+ wins no losses, but I still dont rank up.

Link to my statistics :
http://sc2sig.com/profile/eu/1671612/1/Mythic/?updatenow=1

Any suggestions?
Malks
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-04 22:10:17
June 04 2011 22:10 GMT
#274
Just keep on winning, it's all you can really do :D

The system is probably just trying to work out where to place you
Mythiic
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway5 Posts
June 04 2011 22:12 GMT
#275
Malks : Okay thx, I've been winning all night now, and out of 28 matches I have 27 wins :p That is 27 in a row. Uhm, I wonder tho', I am only meeting mid bronze or low bronze, I have rarely seen top 8 bronze players, and NEVER anything over bronze at all.. I'm finding this abit odd, when people tell me that winning over players in higher divisions than yourself, helps blizzard to make a desicion where they should put you :s thanks for answer anyways
Malks
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
June 04 2011 23:42 GMT
#276
I guess if you aren't getting placed against higher leaguers, your MMR isn't going up as high as it should potentially should. A 27 win streak and rank 1 bronze should be enough to rank you up soon, but you do need to face players from higher leagues so the system knows where to place you. Low silver is probably worse skill-wise than high bronze, so I'm sure if you just keep playing, the system will sort you out eventually, just enjoy your wins and practise your weaknesses so when you do get promoted, you're not at a disadvantage. Just don't throw your games or intentionally lose, as it won't help you rank up any faster, there's not much else you can really do =x
MisterCatzby
Profile Joined June 2011
United States4 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-05 04:37:40
June 05 2011 00:11 GMT
#277
Hi,

This is my first time on here. I wanted to post about my stream since it this is the general discussion. I read your rules about getting a stream listed and it said I had to be a member for 3 months, which is completely fine. However my stream is Bronze laddering, because I'm just not that good yet. I want to post my stream link here because I was worried in 3 months I wouldn't be in bronze anymore, and it feels like there is a need for it, but maybe not. You tell me. So although it probably won't get listed as a stream i figured i could get it out there through this thread.

I'm still learning how to build a nice stream, there isn't commentary yet because I'm trying to learn how to get the sound quality nice with the background music.

The stream is located here: http://www.justin.tv/mistercatzby

I also created this highlight, demonstrating the value of EMP in a real ladder game, partly was because I was excited it was the first time i used it successfully.
http://www.justin.tv/mistercatzby/b/287375718

You may want to mute the sound, it's pretty attrocious. I should be streaming a lot more frequently now that i switch from dyyno to XSplit. My games were always really laggy when i used dyyno.

Just hoping to do two things with this stream, help other bronze players and get feedback when i'm not thinking clearly or using units that would be helpful.

EDIT: I just got promoted to silver, so now it's a silver stream.
Mythiic
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway5 Posts
June 05 2011 00:13 GMT
#278
Thanks for your patience and help Malks, I'll keep playing and hope for the best !
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 05 2011 00:52 GMT
#279
Can someone cheer me up? I've had a day of one base all ins and void ray rushes.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Sharkey
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
668 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-05 08:31:59
June 05 2011 08:31 GMT
#280
Thoughts on Top Tier Players per race. Agree/Disagree/Whatever.... Ranked in order.

Terran (6):
MVP
MKP
Bomber
MMA
sC
Nada

Protoss (2):
MC
Alicia

Zerg (4):
Nestea
July
DongRaeGu
LosirA

There are different amounts of players per race based on my opinion of the amount of top tier players per race.
If anyone has any serious prayer requests please PM me. Thx.
Prev 1 12 13 14 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
SteadfastSC486
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
JuggernautJason44
PtitDrogo 42
MindelVK 21
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 114
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 755
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9579
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
KnowMe153
C9.Mang0146
QueenE94
Chillindude52
Trikslyr47
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 38m
OSC
18h 38m
Stellar Fest
18h 38m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.