• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9284 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
jcroisdale
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1543 Posts
June 02 2011 02:08 GMT
#241
Hey does anyone know what game it is where Nestea holds a 4gate plus stargate rush on scrap station, with only one ling.
"I think bringing a toddler to a movie theater is a terrible idea. They are too young to understand what is happening it would be like giving your toddler acid. Bad idea." - Sinensis
zocktol
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 07:00:37
June 02 2011 07:00 GMT
#242
On June 02 2011 05:34 Leafs wrote:
Does anyone know how many MB a typical HQ GSL game is? I have a 60GB d/l cap per month, and I download a lot of shows and movies too. I'm guessing a couple hundred MB? Am I way off here?


Depends on the length of the video :D

But i would say, unless its HD you are moving around 200 MB per 20 minute, with a tendency to be a bit more.
Ajaco92
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Norway152 Posts
June 02 2011 07:02 GMT
#243
On June 02 2011 11:08 jcroisdale wrote:
Hey does anyone know what game it is where Nestea holds a 4gate plus stargate rush on scrap station, with only one ling.

It was in the GSL January, round of 8 versus choyafOu.

Here's the GOMTV link:
http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors1/vod/59977
What doesnt kill you make your race OP.
supeROLL
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
June 02 2011 11:22 GMT
#244
Hey, only just joined so I cant make a new topic for this. I wanted to ask; I've just watched the Tactic3D Pro-Am Final (Idra vs dde) and it seemed strange to me that Idra didn't make much use of Infestors when they seem to be so powerful against Terran. In fact the only time that he did make Infestors he won the match. Could anyone one of you pros out there shed some light on this?
Indrium
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2236 Posts
June 02 2011 11:51 GMT
#245
On June 02 2011 20:22 supeROLL wrote:
Hey, only just joined so I cant make a new topic for this. I wanted to ask; I've just watched the Tactic3D Pro-Am Final (Idra vs dde) and it seemed strange to me that Idra didn't make much use of Infestors when they seem to be so powerful against Terran. In fact the only time that he did make Infestors he won the match. Could anyone one of you pros out there shed some light on this?


Well, I'm not quite a pro, but IdrA did talk about this on SotG. He believes that fast mutas are better than fast infestors because of the harassment potential and the fact that skipping muta for infestor leaves you super vulnerable to drop play. So I'd imagine the rest of the time he just didn't get that chance to transition.
supeROLL
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom29 Posts
June 02 2011 13:46 GMT
#246
Oh right, thanks, that makes sense. It's just that I've watched a lot of Spanishiwa games recently (they're everywhere!) and his usual macro build that transitions into Brood Lord / Infestor seems to be pretty devastating against Terran, so much so that I've seen very few games where a Terran player can go toe-to-toe with it in a macro game. The Queen / Spine Crawler combo seems to be pretty good at holding of most marine drops but I guess when you reach this level of play it gets trickier.
1Lamb1Rice
Profile Joined August 2010
United States435 Posts
June 02 2011 15:49 GMT
#247
So i was watching a replay of one of my games and learned something strange:

I was muta harassing my T opponent and started targeting his reactor (on his starport). There were 2 vikings in production there. I assumed once I killed the reactor, only one viking would be near completed, the next having to wait its entire production time. But oddly, the first viking pops out, then the second shortly after. WEIRD! The production time it had waited was applied despite the reactor being taken out.
twitch.tv/lambnrice @LambNRice
Kinetik_Inferno
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1431 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-02 19:48:16
June 02 2011 19:46 GMT
#248
On June 03 2011 00:49 lambnrice wrote:
So i was watching a replay of one of my games and learned something strange:

I was muta harassing my T opponent and started targeting his reactor (on his starport). There were 2 vikings in production there. I assumed once I killed the reactor, only one viking would be near completed, the next having to wait its entire production time. But oddly, the first viking pops out, then the second shortly after. WEIRD! The production time it had waited was applied despite the reactor being taken out.

If two units are being produced out of a reactored building, then the units building will continue to build after the reactor is dead. However, only one unit at a time can be queued or built after the initial two finish.

What does TLPD mean? What does it stand for? Why does TLPD-ized give links to players? I can't figure it out...
Nidoa
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada239 Posts
June 02 2011 20:32 GMT
#249
On June 03 2011 04:46 Kinetik_Inferno wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 00:49 lambnrice wrote:
So i was watching a replay of one of my games and learned something strange:

I was muta harassing my T opponent and started targeting his reactor (on his starport). There were 2 vikings in production there. I assumed once I killed the reactor, only one viking would be near completed, the next having to wait its entire production time. But oddly, the first viking pops out, then the second shortly after. WEIRD! The production time it had waited was applied despite the reactor being taken out.

If two units are being produced out of a reactored building, then the units building will continue to build after the reactor is dead. However, only one unit at a time can be queued or built after the initial two finish.

What does TLPD mean? What does it stand for? Why does TLPD-ized give links to players? I can't figure it out...


TLPD is a database TL's got going of pretty much everything Starcraft related. It's under Features if you wanna explore what's in it.

The option of TLPD-izing stuff, as I understand it, is to simply allow to link, say (T)Flash, to his entry in the TLPD. Never used it though. Until now.
burn man
Profile Joined June 2010
United States47 Posts
June 02 2011 21:48 GMT
#250
I was wondering what others peoples opinions are about how HotS is going to change the multiplayer making it so WoL and HotS players can't play together unless everyone buys HotS? (if i have how this is going to work wrong please tell me)
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 02 2011 21:50 GMT
#251
I want to know how ya get the races to be correct for that. I.E. (T)IdrA
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
June 02 2011 21:52 GMT
#252
Something not about StarCraft specifically... is it just me or does Zerg and Phyrexian (Magic: The Gathering) (at least the Black mana version... under Yawgmoth or so *Shrug*) seem pretty damn similar to each other (other than the fact that Zerg is so fleshy, and Phyrexians are machine based or so (or demons, or whatever), but the fact they follow one person/thing (now 5 but w/e), etc)?

idk it may just be me, but they seem pretty damn similar (in certain ways....) >_<
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
Gprime
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada198 Posts
June 02 2011 22:41 GMT
#253
On June 03 2011 06:52 zhurai wrote:
Something not about StarCraft specifically... is it just me or does Zerg and Phyrexian (Magic: The Gathering) (at least the Black mana version... under Yawgmoth or so *Shrug*) seem pretty damn similar to each other (other than the fact that Zerg is so fleshy, and Phyrexians are machine based or so (or demons, or whatever), but the fact they follow one person/thing (now 5 but w/e), etc)?
Please
idk it may just be me, but they seem pretty damn similar (in certain ways....) >_<


It's not just phyrexians...zerg , Borg, aliens front alien./predator....buggers from enders game, klackons from master of Orion, bugs from starship troopers.....the list goes on. It's not a new idea, but Sc does a great job if it imo
diablo 3 killed my skill.
xerus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States16 Posts
June 02 2011 23:51 GMT
#254
Does anyone know why my replay team colors would be totally screwed up? For example, I'm watching a replay right now of a game, and the two colors of the players are yellow and purple. On the mini map their colors are red and blue, and the colors of their current selections is black (The dotted line circles that show up around structures and units that are currently selected.)

I do have team colors enabled (in game shows me green, yellow, and red always instead of player colors.) and turning this on and off during a replay produces some pretty wacky results. Sometimes it restores the minimap colors to the custom ones (in this case, yellow and purple) but other times it does nothing.

Has anyone hit this issue before? O_o
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
June 02 2011 23:53 GMT
#255
On June 03 2011 08:51 xerus wrote:
Does anyone know why my replay team colors would be totally screwed up? For example, I'm watching a replay right now of a game, and the two colors of the players are yellow and purple. On the mini map their colors are red and blue, and the colors of their current selections is black (The dotted line circles that show up around structures and units that are currently selected.)

I do have team colors enabled (in game shows me green, yellow, and red always instead of player colors.) and turning this on and off during a replay produces some pretty wacky results. Sometimes it restores the minimap colors to the custom ones (in this case, yellow and purple) but other times it does nothing.

Has anyone hit this issue before? O_o


Can you post a screenshot?
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
xerus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States16 Posts
June 03 2011 00:20 GMT
#256
On June 03 2011 08:53 Torte de Lini wrote:
Can you post a screenshot?


http://i.imgur.com/0LZpV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/P6w0z.jpg

This doesn't happen 100% of the time, and of course as soon as you ask for a screen shot I can't recreate the whole thing, but here are two screenshots that show the player icons on the upper right mismatched to the minimap, the black selection outlines, and also incorrectly colored lines.

I couldn't reproduce the mismatched color for a screenshot though, but now that I think about it it's happened even outside of replays. I was playing a ladder match the other night where I noticed my opponent was blue which was really weird because I had team colors turned on, and on the minimap I was green and he was red... but in game I was red and he was blue. The game ended before I had a chance to fiddle with the team color/player color option, but by the next game it was behaving correctly again.
LOfreedom
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-06-03 02:30:14
June 03 2011 00:22 GMT
#257
Ok well I cant post a thread but........
Im a caster and well my audience has been stagnant for a while. So if you guys would be generous enough to check out my channel I would appreciate it.


User was banned for this post.
coolfox
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11 Posts
June 03 2011 02:18 GMT
#258
So I have a question about the recent events with state of the game. I want to ask this as innocently and non controversial as possible. I've heard the reasoning behind iNcontrol leaving the show, but I have yet to find reasoning behind JP putting it on a hiatus(or whatever), and if those incidents are related in any way. Again, not trying to start an argument, just haven't found an answer.
Malks
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
June 03 2011 11:30 GMT
#259
On June 03 2011 07:41 Gprime wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 03 2011 06:52 zhurai wrote:
Something not about StarCraft specifically... is it just me or does Zerg and Phyrexian (Magic: The Gathering) (at least the Black mana version... under Yawgmoth or so *Shrug*) seem pretty damn similar to each other (other than the fact that Zerg is so fleshy, and Phyrexians are machine based or so (or demons, or whatever), but the fact they follow one person/thing (now 5 but w/e), etc)?
Please
idk it may just be me, but they seem pretty damn similar (in certain ways....) >_<


It's not just phyrexians...zerg , Borg, aliens front alien./predator....buggers from enders game, klackons from master of Orion, bugs from starship troopers.....the list goes on. It's not a new idea, but Sc does a great job if it imo


Tyranid from the Warhammer 40k universe as well
Mowr
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden791 Posts
June 03 2011 11:51 GMT
#260
On June 03 2011 06:48 burn man wrote:
I was wondering what others peoples opinions are about how HotS is going to change the multiplayer making it so WoL and HotS players can't play together unless everyone buys HotS? (if i have how this is going to work wrong please tell me)

That is correct, that's how it always works with expansions to games. There will be a separate ladder for each expansion. Of course, HotS users can play only WoL too.
Kill one man and they'll call you a murderer. Kill an army of men and they'll call you a general. But kill all men and they'll call you a god.
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
SteadfastSC462
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
JuggernautJason111
Nina 66
ViBE24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18096
Soulkey 215
White-Ra 194
Mini 153
ToSsGirL 20
Shine 16
Dota 2
monkeys_forever145
League of Legends
Doublelift3171
Counter-Strike
fl0m1375
shoxiejesuss422
C9.Mang0182
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4749
Khaldor1882
Liquid`Hasu1301
Trikslyr54
Other Games
summit1g5710
ArmadaUGS2938
shahzam461
B2W.Neo438
Pyrionflax193
ZombieGrub103
Mew2King72
Railgan24
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta23
• musti20045 23
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 48
• Azhi_Dahaki25
• HerbMon 9
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV447
League of Legends
• TFBlade929
• Noizen100
Other Games
• Scarra1116
• imaqtpie1073
• Shiphtur279
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 34m
OSC
15h 34m
Stellar Fest
15h 34m
OSC
1d 2h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.