• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10298 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
sh4w
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States713 Posts
May 30 2011 23:34 GMT
#221
On May 30 2011 12:54 Goldfish wrote:
Has anyone had experience with changing their Starcraft 2 Battle.net "real name"?

If so, what were the documents and things required (what do they ask for)?


I have. They made me fill out a form and send a copy of my ID. I was just changing the account name from using my middle name to using my first name though. You can't completely change the name on the account no matter what.
I want to go back to being weird. I like being weird. Weird is all I've got. That and my sweet style.
Johnranger-123
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United Kingdom341 Posts
May 31 2011 00:00 GMT
#222
On May 31 2011 04:05 itzMorglum wrote:
Ok here it goes - can't decide where to put this one and it's sort of Sc2 related.

What's ur opinion about emmbeding/restreaming other players Sc2 streams on your website without asking them for permission? IMO it's kind unethical? Or it's totally fine as you can't block stream adverts and they will get more viewers by doing that?

Just ask for permission, I highly doubt they would have a reason to say know but its better to just give them a PM then to just do it ^^
teamamerica
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States958 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 01:51:45
May 31 2011 01:48 GMT
#223
Hey guys low diamond league Terran needing some help analyzing a replay of mine (vs low diamond league zerg). It's from that 1v1 obs metalpolis. TvZ with cross positions: I spawn at 6, he spawns at 12. I open reactor hellions, don't do a lot of damage (there are roaches out) but I expand with them. Do a marine/tank push that he holds off as his infestor pops (he goes pure infestor/roach). I take my 3rd before him. Do a huge drop in the main (snipe infestation pit), but lose drop. I'm playing on a really laggy computer though, can't multitask that well; push toward his 3rd at the time with all my tanks and he cleans that up no problem. I've been building ghosts, marine, tank, getting my ups. Even though I've been throwing away troops I feel like I've been keeping pace with the zerg; I'm equal harvesters with the gold base fourth. We both have decent macro. And then after I drop his 5th - made a mistake there and end up not killing it but w/e there are no drones - he just overruns my gold base (too laggy for me to emp at all really - I'm talking 20 fps low settings everything, and besides that there's big lag in game (you see spam conversation from me after lag ends) - but I had seiged tanks and bio there and I just get killed. If I had not dropped on the main, or waited for some more bio before I pushed 3rd after the game, do you think I would have won? After game stats I checked I had 10k more resources mined them him, was macroing better, on par with ups (1/0 tanks about to be 2/0, 3/1 bio vs 2/2 roach infestor). Broodlords were starting for him and broodlord infestor is so annoying to deal with, with just constant fungals.

Replay:
http://drop.sc/11656

EDIT: wrote he spawns at 9 instead of he spawns at 12 ._.
RIP GOMTV. RIP PROLEAGUE.
fireskull66325
Profile Joined January 2011
United States42 Posts
May 31 2011 02:18 GMT
#224
Are the leagues locked right now?
Knowledge is Power. Check out my writing at http://fireskullsaerie.wordpress.com or InCGaming at incgaming.co.uk
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
May 31 2011 04:11 GMT
#225
Why isn't anyone on TL talking about the new HOTS screenshots???
"En taro adun, Executor."
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
May 31 2011 04:11 GMT
#226
On May 31 2011 11:18 Fireskull wrote:
Are the leagues locked right now?


Yes. There is a thread about it.

This may sound stupid, but I really need to know. When I look at my profile on BattleNet, I notice my name is written in parenthesis after my username. Am I the only one who can see this, or do my friends see it too? What about complete strangers? If others can see it, how can I remove it?
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
cybertopo
Profile Joined February 2010
Spain525 Posts
May 31 2011 07:04 GMT
#227
Where is the discussion about the HotS leaked pictures? I don't want to create a new thread...
Hurr Durr
Airact
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland366 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 13:24:09
May 31 2011 13:22 GMT
#228
On May 31 2011 13:11 edc.initiative wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 31 2011 11:18 Fireskull wrote:
Are the leagues locked right now?


Yes. There is a thread about it.

This may sound stupid, but I really need to know. When I look at my profile on BattleNet, I notice my name is written in parenthesis after my username. Am I the only one who can see this, or do my friends see it too? What about complete strangers? If others can see it, how can I remove it?

Others can't see the Nick(Real name), or however it may be depending on where you see it, you have on your profile page and friends list. Your real name can only be seen by the Real name friend thingy(The one that requires e-mail to add a friend).
Iamthecreeper
Profile Joined May 2011
3 Posts
May 31 2011 15:00 GMT
#229
On May 17 2011 14:16 Kar98 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 14:10 FrozenFrotie wrote:
On May 17 2011 13:34 SDream wrote:
I was waiting the May thread to talk about it:

Cross-region play could never come for the same reasons Latin America region is segregated from North America region.

So, if allowing players to get into other regions for free isn't an option, then I ask, is it possible to allow players to play international games without allowing them to play in another region ladder?

Let's say that they make an global/international "region" (just like the public test "region"), but that region doesn't have a ladder, it's for customs only. What bad effect could it have to Blizzard "plans"? I think it could be a solution and maybe we should ask for it more firmly. Futhermore, it would be great to see an ultimate league that have all grandmasters from around the world fighting for the title of "Top X in the world". Then, we'd have a region that only the best of each region would have access to the ladder, so people wouldn't quit their region for the "international" one, but they could also use it for customs.

I think that this is a cool idea and I wanted to share here so people could maybe make it even better and maybe one day Blizzard will actually put it in practice perhaps? ^^


Awesome suggestion. Just to build off your idea, Blizz should implement a system for tournament LAN only on this international server, like keying in passwords that blizz gives out for each successful tournament application. This password is valid for a few days only and allows for virtual LAN between the players instead of connecting through the server? I can see how easily this can work out for both blizz and tournament organizers. No more latency QQ...

There would still be latency though because you're playing across large distances.


Yea...
Seldon
Profile Joined March 2011
90 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-31 18:10:55
May 31 2011 18:08 GMT
#230
I didn't find a general discussion thread for broodwar, and I don't think this warrants a topic. I've always wondered: what's the correct pronunciation of "bonjwa"? I have searched and I found somewhere that it's "boon ja" but the way Tastosis and people on SOTG says is way too different to that so I'm not sure.
Lamescuse
Profile Joined May 2011
Norway1 Post
May 31 2011 19:25 GMT
#231
I heard this awsome song the other day; im on your creep, something like that.. link?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
insaneMicro
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany761 Posts
May 31 2011 19:39 GMT
#232
Every TL'er really should look into this guy's project, he's making a documentary about the SC2 scene. The trailer is amazing, it has IdrA giving the finger to HuK on stage @ MLG Dallas.
Also chip in if you have some money you dont't need, really wanna see it happen :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011310132/star-nation-a-look-at-the-players-behind-starcraft
"Damn I played some fine Zerg right there". -Fruitdealer
edc
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States666 Posts
June 01 2011 05:00 GMT
#233
Which forum is more heavily moderated, the SC2 Strategy Forum or the BW Strategy Forum? It seems to me that it is the former.
“There are two kinds of people in this world, those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.” - Clint Eastwood
Boundless
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada588 Posts
June 01 2011 05:16 GMT
#234
On June 01 2011 04:39 insaneMicro wrote:
Every TL'er really should look into this guy's project, he's making a documentary about the SC2 scene. The trailer is amazing, it has IdrA giving the finger to HuK on stage @ MLG Dallas.
Also chip in if you have some money you dont't need, really wanna see it happen :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1011310132/star-nation-a-look-at-the-players-behind-starcraft

I kicked in 20 bucks, the same as pretty much any ticket price for a feature length film in theaters. Can't wait to hear the players talk about their own lives and how they got there.
"Sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." - Romans 6:14
glenn
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands13 Posts
June 01 2011 07:51 GMT
#235
On May 17 2011 14:51 Techno077 wrote:
I think that blizzard knows that when they put a LAN then that's the point when the game becomes easily hacked, not exactly easily but i think some good hackers can pull out something and then blizzard losses and everyone who bought the game originaly losses as well naturally. anyways blizzard is aware of the problem of the regions but still want to make some money, and they know that if they seperate it into regions there will be some people that will buy US and EU version for example, then they get more money, and more than that the latency between the regions in B.NET, but where there is other regions and not that much of a latency problem, so they allowed, as someonesaid to america both north and south. so i am not sure about ther LAN thing, while i am sure that international server is not yet availble any time soon.


anyways i wanted to talk about the buffs zergs gets while terran and protoss nerfed, u realize that while toss and terran got nerfed 20 seconds and 30 seconds for stim pack for terran, it's automaticly more time for the zerg to drone, so there's ur buff zergs players for the recent patches, huge buff for my opinion, because the most problem for zerg was 4gate and MM push.
anyways i think that the new archon is great for toss very late game, and it's not making deathball much more stronger, not more than it should be because zergs has broodlords and ultras which are pretty much effective against the death ball if used correctly, but archons against terran are pretty much very good unless u get EMPed, so yeah still terrans can pwn toss with archons, if microed correctly with his ghosts.

what do you guys think?


I just don't understand what cross region has to do with piracy, it is sort of lame that you can't attempt to get on other servers, you just have to buy another copy of the game.
Remaker12
Profile Joined June 2011
United States105 Posts
June 01 2011 14:21 GMT
#236
On May 30 2011 07:46 Johnranger-123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 30 2011 05:30 VeryAverage wrote:
One thing I have to ask and I'm pretty sure it doesn't warrant it's own thread...

It's widely accepted that the 9 overlord is just so, so slightly better than the extractor trick.

But what about going 9 overlord, starting your 10th drone and then extractor tricking to get your 11th drone started a little bit faster?

I haven't seen anything about that.

The thing is when the overlord pops you just have 100 mins to build 2 more drones with your two larva, you're 12 drone will be delayed if you did what you said, but Im not sure if its worth it or not.
Counting the cost of canceling the extracter and the lost mining time probbally counter any gain you get from getting the drone faster


That doesn't make sense. How can your 12th drone be delayed cause of extractor trick? It would arrive at the same time with either method. The 11th drone would spawn earlier with the extractor trick.

If you send the drone that carries the 70th mineral and send it to the extractor, the timing will be perfect for you to create the 11th drone. As your drone moves to the extractor the 50th mineral will arrive. The second your drone mutates you can make the drone, cancel and bring it to the mineral line. The loss of mining time is neglible, and if anything the 11th drone arrving earlier will at least compensate for that lost time. However, doing the double extractor trick is a no no.

imo it really doesn't matter whether you use the extractor trick or not for the 11th drone. I do it to keep my fingers active and ready for ling micro.
CheddarZealot
Profile Joined June 2011
United States1 Post
June 01 2011 19:58 GMT
#237
Has anyone heard a rumor about the realese date of Heart of the Swarm, because it is driving me crazy.
Like a Toss.
Leafs
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
June 01 2011 20:33 GMT
#238
On June 02 2011 04:58 CheddarZealot wrote:
Has anyone heard a rumor about the realese date of Heart of the Swarm, because it is driving me crazy.


It'll come out when it's ready, standard Blizzard procedure.
Leafs
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
June 01 2011 20:34 GMT
#239
Does anyone know how many MB a typical HQ GSL game is? I have a 60GB d/l cap per month, and I download a lot of shows and movies too. I'm guessing a couple hundred MB? Am I way off here?
[F_]aths
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany3947 Posts
June 01 2011 21:23 GMT
#240
Does it cost resources to repair a hallucination of a protoss ally?
You don't choose to play zerg. The zerg choose you.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC486
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 42
JuggernautJason40
MindelVK 20
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35718
Soulkey 296
BeSt 235
Dewaltoss 106
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 47
Trap 29
Killer 29
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 15
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 729
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9573
B2W.Neo542
byalli464
KnowMe149
C9.Mang0146
QueenE90
Chillindude52
Trikslyr45
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 40m
OSC
18h 40m
Stellar Fest
18h 40m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.