• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9039 users

[May] SC2 General Discussion - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
RaLakedaimon
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1564 Posts
May 24 2011 09:23 GMT
#121
Gigazing that sounds hilarious, you should try that on someone low level and get someone to put it on a youtube vid! The main issue is the time it takes to unburrow and the fact that the other zerg will have a overseer by then since your already passed the time when your both normally at burrowed roach/claws tech, but in any case that would still be hilarious and I'm sure could work on some people!
Deleuze
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United Kingdom2102 Posts
May 24 2011 10:06 GMT
#122
On May 24 2011 14:46 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
I think they should like replace all the times in the game (units, structures, etc.) to display the real time, according to the game speed. Doesn't sound hard, but maybe it is.


I thought this then I realised that all the bulid timings will be horrible decimal figures. this would make figuring out timings very tirsome as well as crowding the info tabs.
“An image of thought called philosophy has been formed historically and it effectively stops people from thinking.” ― Gilles Deleuze, Dialogues II
yarkO
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada810 Posts
May 24 2011 14:07 GMT
#123
I still think that Storm should do bonus damage to Shields, somewhere in the vicinity of 20-30%. I think this would finalize HT as a viable opener/tech route in PvP without affecting other match-ups at all.
When you are prepared, there's no such thing as pressure.
meadbert
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States681 Posts
May 24 2011 14:21 GMT
#124
Why does NASL take 4+ days to upload VODs? By the time they upload Saturday's games Wednesdays games will have started and I will have to choose between watching Wednesdays games "live" when the announcers will have no qualms with spoiling games played 5 days ago or watching the Saturday's games and wait until the Wednesday Vod's are posted.
Gomtv posts vods within hours of games being played. Why can't NASL do the same?
flodeskum
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1267 Posts
May 24 2011 14:40 GMT
#125
On May 24 2011 23:21 meadbert wrote:
Why does NASL take 4+ days to upload VODs? By the time they upload Saturday's games Wednesdays games will have started and I will have to choose between watching Wednesdays games "live" when the announcers will have no qualms with spoiling games played 5 days ago or watching the Saturday's games and wait until the Wednesday Vod's are posted.
Gomtv posts vods within hours of games being played. Why can't NASL do the same?

?

I always watch the vods in the morning after the US broadcast (~8 hours later).
IdrA: " my fans are kinda retarded"
meadbert
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States681 Posts
May 24 2011 14:46 GMT
#126
On May 24 2011 23:40 flodeskum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 23:21 meadbert wrote:
Why does NASL take 4+ days to upload VODs? By the time they upload Saturday's games Wednesdays games will have started and I will have to choose between watching Wednesdays games "live" when the announcers will have no qualms with spoiling games played 5 days ago or watching the Saturday's games and wait until the Wednesday Vod's are posted.
Gomtv posts vods within hours of games being played. Why can't NASL do the same?

?

I always watch the vods in the morning after the US broadcast (~8 hours later).


So how do I get to any of Vods after May 20th? Is there some way that I do not know of?
flodeskum
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1267 Posts
May 24 2011 14:56 GMT
#127
On May 24 2011 23:46 meadbert wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 23:40 flodeskum wrote:
On May 24 2011 23:21 meadbert wrote:
Why does NASL take 4+ days to upload VODs? By the time they upload Saturday's games Wednesdays games will have started and I will have to choose between watching Wednesdays games "live" when the announcers will have no qualms with spoiling games played 5 days ago or watching the Saturday's games and wait until the Wednesday Vod's are posted.
Gomtv posts vods within hours of games being played. Why can't NASL do the same?

?

I always watch the vods in the morning after the US broadcast (~8 hours later).


So how do I get to any of Vods after May 20th? Is there some way that I do not know of?

It's all on nasl's jtv vod section. I just checked.
IdrA: " my fans are kinda retarded"
meadbert
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States681 Posts
May 24 2011 15:36 GMT
#128
On May 24 2011 23:56 flodeskum wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 23:46 meadbert wrote:
On May 24 2011 23:40 flodeskum wrote:
On May 24 2011 23:21 meadbert wrote:
Why does NASL take 4+ days to upload VODs? By the time they upload Saturday's games Wednesdays games will have started and I will have to choose between watching Wednesdays games "live" when the announcers will have no qualms with spoiling games played 5 days ago or watching the Saturday's games and wait until the Wednesday Vod's are posted.
Gomtv posts vods within hours of games being played. Why can't NASL do the same?

?

I always watch the vods in the morning after the US broadcast (~8 hours later).


So how do I get to any of Vods after May 20th? Is there some way that I do not know of?

It's all on nasl's jtv vod section. I just checked.

They are on justin tv. Thanks! I had gone to nasl.tv -> videos which only has vids up to the 20th.
Carmine
Profile Joined September 2010
United States263 Posts
May 24 2011 17:24 GMT
#129
On May 24 2011 23:07 yarkO wrote:
I still think that Storm should do bonus damage to Shields, somewhere in the vicinity of 20-30%. I think this would finalize HT as a viable opener/tech route in PvP without affecting other match-ups at all.


I never thought of that before! That is a good idea.

On a seperate note: Does TLO play without hotkeying his main army? I watched a replay where the only units he had hotkeyed (at one point in the game) was vikings and medivacs. His seige tanks and infantry were all just box controlled I guess.
Terran was created third, with purity of tanks.
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
May 24 2011 18:29 GMT
#130
Just a quick question: is there a video of post TSL final interview? Or there is only a written interview?

Day9 said at the end of the casts that "let's go interview the players now" so I'm just wondering.
Best or nothing.
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
May 24 2011 18:39 GMT
#131
On May 25 2011 03:29 Quochobao wrote:
Just a quick question: is there a video of post TSL final interview? Or there is only a written interview?

Day9 said at the end of the casts that "let's go interview the players now" so I'm just wondering.

Here are the interviews for both Kas and Thorzain after they won.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224906
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
May 24 2011 18:44 GMT
#132
On May 25 2011 03:39 Darathor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2011 03:29 Quochobao wrote:
Just a quick question: is there a video of post TSL final interview? Or there is only a written interview?

Day9 said at the end of the casts that "let's go interview the players now" so I'm just wondering.

Here are the interviews for both Kas and Thorzain after they won.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224906


um, I am asking for a interview video, please. I read elsewhere that there is one. Specifically, people keep mentioning the video because there was a F bomb
Best or nothing.
Deadpoetic0077
Profile Joined September 2010
United States63 Posts
May 24 2011 20:10 GMT
#133
Im not sure why but i cant view he grandmaster ladders from in-game. Its showing up as if they havent even been ranked yet. It happened right after that guy hacked his way to the top with 69 wins 0 losses... Is this blizz fixing something? a new GM season? or is it an error? i saw that they put out a patch today dealing with viewing ladders but that didnt fix it... and now after every game i show up as rank 100 in my gold group in stead of third are these common bugs? is neone else having these issues?
Failure is only an opportunity to learn
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
May 24 2011 20:53 GMT
#134
Huh? You can still load up 8 reapers into a medivac. Even went in game just to make sure, and I can still load up 8.


I hope this is true!

When I loaded up 4 reapers it was on the map Uberena, so perhaps it is different... although there is no reason for you to only be able to load 4 reapers into a medivac in that game xD (It's a Micro Arena custom)
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Sharkyloft
Profile Joined December 2010
Colombia69 Posts
May 24 2011 21:25 GMT
#135
On May 24 2011 06:42 galivet wrote:
I think that the number of ladder points awarded for a match should in part depend on the length of a match (up to a cap). Phrased another way, a match that is currently worth 12 points regardless of how long it lasts could be worth one point every 1.5 minutes up to the maximum of 12 points for an 18 minute game. The point would be that whether you win with a fast all-in or whether you grind out a longer macro game, a winning streak that lasts 3 hours earns you roughly the same amount of ladder points regardless of the number of matches you fit into that window of time.

The core of my justification is that long macro games feel harder-won than games I win with a quick all-in. If I go on an a spree of early-game all-ins, I can win 30 matches in a night of laddering -- that's a lot of ladder points. On the other hand, if I decide to play a macro-oriented style I only really have time to fit in maybe 8 matches in an evening.

To win a match with a quick all-in, you create one advantage at a single point in a match and then the match ends. To win a match with macro, you have accrue many advantages over the course of the match to eventually overpower your opponent. If I all-in ten games in a row, I make ten demonstrations of skill. If I play one macro game where I grind out ten small advantages to win the match, I think that demonstrates a comparable level of skill. The two styles should be able to ladder up at the same rate.

As it is I feel that the way that the ladder currently works over-encourages the fast all-in style of play. But that's not the style that makes for the most entertaining games.



I like this idea very much. Mainly because I dont think a player that only knows how to cannon rush/6pool/3 rax all in should be in Masters. Ive heard many times that masters league is filled with cheesy players (not that Ive seen it with my own eyes, im still plat), and there should be a way to stop this. I think this idea is awesome!! And its so easy to implement.

If a game is under 9 mins, max 5 points.

Also, when a players cheeses in a best of X on a tourney its because he wants to snipe a game of a greater player, or because he is a greater player that wants to overrun a weaker player (tastosis said this) and it seems true to me. Who are these players that cheese in ladder all day long only to gain points? What are they trying to do? Feel they are awesome players? Well, truth is they are not. This change is awesome.
MrStorkie
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom697 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 22:02:54
May 24 2011 22:01 GMT
#136
On May 25 2011 06:25 Sharkyloft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 06:42 galivet wrote:
I think that the number of ladder points awarded for a match should in part depend on the length of a match (up to a cap). Phrased another way, a match that is currently worth 12 points regardless of how long it lasts could be worth one point every 1.5 minutes up to the maximum of 12 points for an 18 minute game. The point would be that whether you win with a fast all-in or whether you grind out a longer macro game, a winning streak that lasts 3 hours earns you roughly the same amount of ladder points regardless of the number of matches you fit into that window of time.

The core of my justification is that long macro games feel harder-won than games I win with a quick all-in. If I go on an a spree of early-game all-ins, I can win 30 matches in a night of laddering -- that's a lot of ladder points. On the other hand, if I decide to play a macro-oriented style I only really have time to fit in maybe 8 matches in an evening.

To win a match with a quick all-in, you create one advantage at a single point in a match and then the match ends. To win a match with macro, you have accrue many advantages over the course of the match to eventually overpower your opponent. If I all-in ten games in a row, I make ten demonstrations of skill. If I play one macro game where I grind out ten small advantages to win the match, I think that demonstrates a comparable level of skill. The two styles should be able to ladder up at the same rate.

As it is I feel that the way that the ladder currently works over-encourages the fast all-in style of play. But that's not the style that makes for the most entertaining games.



I like this idea very much. Mainly because I dont think a player that only knows how to cannon rush/6pool/3 rax all in should be in Masters. Ive heard many times that masters league is filled with cheesy players (not that Ive seen it with my own eyes, im still plat), and there should be a way to stop this. I think this idea is awesome!! And its so easy to implement.

If a game is under 9 mins, max 5 points.

Also, when a players cheeses in a best of X on a tourney its because he wants to snipe a game of a greater player, or because he is a greater player that wants to overrun a weaker player (tastosis said this) and it seems true to me. Who are these players that cheese in ladder all day long only to gain points? What are they trying to do? Feel they are awesome players? Well, truth is they are not. This change is awesome.

that should never be the case. A win is a win is a win is a win.

If that ever came true, people would drag games out just to gain more points.
- longer duration per games -> less games played overall
- also, it encourages bm players to leave outright if they think they've lost by a significant margin.
- why give your opponent more points for your loss? at the expense of your time! -> less epic comebacks to be seen on the ladder.
1a2a3a4z5z6d7d8d9p0p
lololol
Profile Joined February 2006
5198 Posts
May 24 2011 22:11 GMT
#137
On May 24 2011 19:06 Deleuze wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 14:46 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
I think they should like replace all the times in the game (units, structures, etc.) to display the real time, according to the game speed. Doesn't sound hard, but maybe it is.


I thought this then I realised that all the bulid timings will be horrible decimal figures. this would make figuring out timings very tirsome as well as crowding the info tabs.


The displayed numbers are rounded. Even now stuff like tank siege and viking transform show integer values, but the actual values are fractions. If a difference of less than 0.5 seconds isn't a problem for such short values then it wouldn't be a problem for long ones like structure build times.
I'll call Nada.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
May 24 2011 22:20 GMT
#138
Simple question, the GSL money(other tournaments could be too), in all brackets(especially the winner)

Does it still have to be taxed before it is given to the player?
WriterXiao8~~
PtatoChip
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3 Posts
May 24 2011 22:21 GMT
#139
First off all, thanks to all of you who replied to my last post, FYI I have become very happy with Zerg for the time being.

But now i have another completely random question.

Every time i try to post on the bnet sc2 forums, it says:

"This account has limited posting access due to the following condition:
Posting Disabled

Forums that you have permission to post in are marked as [Limited] on the forum list."


does anybody else experience this, or have I done something wrong? also theres no forums marked as "Limited" as far as i can tell.

glad it doesnt work that way around on teamliquid.net though. :D
"knowledge + practice = skill"
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
May 25 2011 03:13 GMT
#140
On May 23 2011 06:44 heist wrote:
What exactly is the reason for the disparity between real-time and game-time. Wouldn't it be a lot simpler if in-game time followed real time?


Warcraft 3 did this (Fastest setting is actually real time). It really helped too for displaying the cooldown, duration, etc of abilities (30 seconds is really 30 seconds in real time).

Why SC2 doesn't this I guess has to do with the different dev team (AKA they didn't think to just make it so time displayed in game is based on "Faster" instead of Normal like in WC3).

(Another thing is SC1 had real times on normal instead of on faster (unlike WC3))

Also that + they may have wanted durations, cooldowns, etc to be easily comparable between SC1 and SC2.

Finally they may have liked having numbers divisible by 5 >.>.
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV397
Rex75
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko370
ProTech130
Rex 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32902
Hyuk 1200
Jaedong 928
actioN 572
Soma 466
Horang2 385
Soulkey 338
BeSt 320
Larva 296
Mini 268
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 259
Light 218
910 214
Stork 209
Last 176
Snow 144
Rush 138
ggaemo 103
Pusan 91
ZerO 73
Mind 49
Killer 41
Mong 38
Creator 35
Shinee 33
hero 29
Bale 27
Sharp 26
sorry 26
Free 25
yabsab 16
HiyA 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7900
Dendi436
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1551
markeloff106
kRYSTAL_54
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2808
Khaldor1009
Other Games
gofns32021
singsing1621
B2W.Neo319
XBOCT300
DeMusliM276
Pyrionflax263
byalli80
Mew2King66
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 99
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1409
Other Games
• WagamamaTV173
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
59m
The PondCast
21h 59m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.