• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:18
CEST 04:18
KST 11:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7889 users

[Patch 3.09: Spirit Guard Udyr Patch] General Discussion -…

Forum Index > LoL General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 339 Next
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
July 23 2013 11:49 GMT
#4141
On July 23 2013 20:47 IMoperator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:44 wei2coolman wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:42 IMoperator wrote:
I disagree with Tolkien, Riven is really useless unless she gets fed. Same thing with like, Lee Sin top or something. Too squishy to do the damage necessary in teamfights.

I disagree with teh fact you disagree with Tolkien. Zionspartan proved multiple times; even in 1v2 lanes where she gets "shutdown" you can still smash face with her. (i know i've used this example multiple times in multiple facets; but it's the one that stick in my mind the most, cuz I <3 riven).

Meh, I guess. I think it depends on the team you're playing against. If it's a team with a lot of cc I don't think a riven should be doing much in teamfights lol.

This just in: Scimitar exists.

Riven plays like an assassin in team fights. Trying to play her otherwise is doing it wrong.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
July 23 2013 11:49 GMT
#4142
On July 23 2013 20:47 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.


rofl, syndra is like one of the highest skillcap champs in the game. There is massive room for plays beyond pressing R.



"highest skillcap champs" lol. If you mean its difficult to win games with her; that more has to do with her sucking than it has to do with "no one knows how to play her"
liftlift > tsm
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 11:51 GMT
#4143
On July 23 2013 20:47 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.

rofl, syndra is like one of the highest skillcap champs in the game. There is massive room for plays beyond pressing R.

I'm sorry but it's only hard to win with her because she sucks. Not because of «high skillcap» bullshit. She's skillshots oriented, but her skillset is pretty straightforward and binary.
The legend of Darien lives on
Lysteria
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
France2280 Posts
July 23 2013 11:51 GMT
#4144
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?


A good amount of advices can be shared amongst champions.
How to itemize Syndra will come naturally once you know the basic timings of buying items and shit. Knowing the different item routes based on how ahead/behind you are will help a lot, you can be sure of that. And the easiest (and quickest) way to learn about that is to watch a talkative mid player's stream.

Expand your knowledge and you'll become better.
With the experience of your previous games, and the fact you somewhat know what you have to do (get ahead, gank and all), you need to take the next step and learn exactly both in depth (item timing, adaptation) and width (know exactly what other champs can do to you, cooldowns include).

As said before, just play without thinking will not help, sure you'll be a little bit quicker than an average silver player, but as long as he has a better understanding of the game, well, you'll be in that long list of people who think they deserve a better ranking.
sob3k
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States7572 Posts
July 23 2013 11:53 GMT
#4145
On July 23 2013 20:51 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:47 sob3k wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.

rofl, syndra is like one of the highest skillcap champs in the game. There is massive room for plays beyond pressing R.

I'm sorry but it's only hard to win with her because she sucks. Not because of «high skillcap» bullshit. She's skillshots oriented, but her skillset is pretty straightforward and binary.


She gets more tourney play in Korea than Riven does, thats for sure.
In Hungry Hungry Hippos there are no such constraints—one can constantly attempt to collect marbles with one’s hippo, limited only by one’s hippo-levering capabilities.
ZERG_RUSSIAN
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
10417 Posts
July 23 2013 11:54 GMT
#4146
Just pick anyone besides Syndra and you'll learn something new about the game
I'm on GOLD CHAIN
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 11:56:39
July 23 2013 11:54 GMT
#4147
On July 23 2013 20:51 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:47 sob3k wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.

rofl, syndra is like one of the highest skillcap champs in the game. There is massive room for plays beyond pressing R.

I'm sorry but it's only hard to win with her because she sucks. Not because of «high skillcap» bullshit. She's skillshots oriented, but her skillset is pretty straightforward and binary.

Pretty much; the only skill it takes is to land Q's. There isn't really that much thought process that goes a long with it either.
On July 23 2013 20:54 ZERG_RUSSIAN wrote:
Just pick anyone besides Syndra and you'll learn something new about the game

Pick heimerdinger; you'll learn the true meaning of solo queue despair.
+ Show Spoiler +
really though; don't.

On July 23 2013 20:53 sob3k wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:51 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:47 sob3k wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.

rofl, syndra is like one of the highest skillcap champs in the game. There is massive room for plays beyond pressing R.

I'm sorry but it's only hard to win with her because she sucks. Not because of «high skillcap» bullshit. She's skillshots oriented, but her skillset is pretty straightforward and binary.


She gets more tourney play in Korea than Riven does, thats for sure.

heimer probably seen more tourney play than Riven in Korea.
liftlift > tsm
AsnSensation
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany24009 Posts
July 23 2013 12:00 GMT
#4148
you guys really like to talk this morning eh
Amui
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada10567 Posts
July 23 2013 12:03 GMT
#4149
On July 23 2013 21:00 AsnSensation wrote:
you guys really like to talk this morning eh


Posting quantity is inversely related to level of rationality.
Porouscloud - NA LoL
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 12:06:34
July 23 2013 12:04 GMT
#4150
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.


whining about losing teamfights is a personal issue, if you feel you cant do enough as syndra thats your decision to make personally.

riven really isnt any different from other fighters, she just scales off AD a bit better and has short jumps instead of 1 long one. I never found her difficult to play.

95% of skill definitely does not transfer, watching players play their best champs and playing some fotm champ is a pretty huge difference.

i generally would suggest playing the same champ over and over is by far the best way to improve bar none assuming you are always seeing room for improvement.
playing other roles has some value for perspective purposes but doesnt directly lead to you improving except at that particular champ or role since any higher level stuff you will more likely uncounter on a champ you know in and out and all the advanced details are more apparent to you
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 12:11:12
July 23 2013 12:10 GMT
#4151
On July 23 2013 21:04 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2013 20:35 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 20:29 XilDarkz wrote:
I don't enjoy watching League, so I haven't really watched any LCS or streams... I would think watching specific VODs of a hero that I want to learn is the only way to efficiently watch--it seems that Syndra is nonexistent in this case. Should I just watch anyway when they use different heroes or specifically learn popular heroes and use that material ?

Tbh spamming games with a hero is nice and all but 95% of the skill transfers from one hero to another. You can learn a lot from watching streams.

Except Riven. Riven is unique. Riven is love. :3

On July 23 2013 20:34 Slayer91 wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:44 mr_tolkien wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:37 XilDarkz wrote:
On July 23 2013 18:33 DURRHURRDERP wrote:
Hardly a prestigious SC2 pedigree but hey, that's just me.


Isn't this against the rules, personal bashing? I never said anything about my Starcraft, Dota, or HoN credentials except that I have put time into learning them...

What is wrong with my Syndra build? It takes a lot of mana to 7 orb ultimate every single time its off cooldown...

edit: and what the hell was I supposed to do in this game I'm in right now on stream? I started off 8-0 with my team having 10 deaths... its like I've seen it all before...

First of all don't pick a fucking cheesy pick like Syndra.
It's a low utility low AoE mage, even with 1/10 you could still 100% sbd.
As long as you're learning the basics of LoL, you should focus on more well-rounded champions, since you'll be able to make them work in more situations.

Second, if you have 8 kills and the opponents team has 10, it's ALL ON YOU to carry your team, and it's NOT bad news, because it means the gold has been put into YOUR pockets, and if you're good, you'll make good use of it.
Buy abyssal earlier so your team benefits from the MR debuff, buy Zhonya way sooner so you can make your opponents waste spells and mobility on you, and buy more wards.

AND STOP BUYING MEJAI FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.


i have no idea why you would consider any champ, let alone syndra to be "cheesey" syndrai s a perfectly fine ap mage with good damage and some decent cc and poke i don't know what your problem is

My problem is her ult is a friggin 1 target nuke, which is to me the definition of «hey guys imma press R on one guy, kill him, then whine my team can't win the teamfight».
There's not much room to do impressive plays with Syndra, and win a teamfight by yourself. Or protect your allies. Or do anything else than rofl100% sbd. I hate dat.


whining about losing teamfights is a personal issue, if you feel you cant do enough as syndra thats your decision to make personally.

riven really isnt any different from other fighters, she just scales off AD a bit better and has short jumps instead of 1 long one. I never found her difficult to play.

95% of skill definitely does not transfer, watching players play their best champs and playing some fotm champ is a pretty huge difference.

i generally would suggest playing the same champ over and over is by far the best way to improve bar none assuming you are always seeing room for improvement.
playing other roles has some value for perspective purposes but doesnt directly lead to you improving except at that particular champ or role since any higher level stuff you will more likely uncounter on a champ you know in and out and all the advanced details are more apparent to you

There is no champion that is difficult to play in LoL tbh. I just quoted Riven because it's one of the few champions I like to play on a regular basis. And on another note, I never said she wasn't cheesy :3

LoL is all about decision making !
The legend of Darien lives on
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 23 2013 12:12 GMT
#4152
being difficult to play and making the right judgement calls based on your knowledge of your champ and how much damage you can do how well you can escape etc etc are completely different
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 12:17 GMT
#4153
On July 23 2013 21:12 Slayer91 wrote:
being difficult to play and making the right judgement calls based on your knowledge of your champ and how much damage you can do how well you can escape etc etc are completely different

Well yeah but that's hardly hard. That's just knowing your damage output, the opposing damage output, and if needed, your regen.

It's not like there was some crazy 300 APM multi-tasking champion in LoL.
The legend of Darien lives on
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
July 23 2013 12:26 GMT
#4154
nothings "hard" in theory yet nearly everyone is completely terrible at this game you can't explain that
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
July 23 2013 12:29 GMT
#4155
On July 23 2013 21:26 Slayer91 wrote:
nothings "hard" in theory yet nearly everyone is completely terrible at this game you can't explain that

It's easy to make mistakes :D
The legend of Darien lives on
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
July 23 2013 12:37 GMT
#4156
So many posts, wtf.

Syndra's legit, Arczer plays a beastly Syndra np. She's not my definition of a cheesy champion.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
July 23 2013 12:39 GMT
#4157
LLL Kialys plays almost exclusively Syndra on EUW ladder. He just dropped out of challenger, hue.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
July 23 2013 12:56 GMT
#4158
wow that was a pretty elitist 5 page group beatdown on the syndra fetishdude, feels bad man
ChaoSbringer
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Australia1382 Posts
July 23 2013 13:06 GMT
#4159
TL LoL is just like the old style BW section, including cliques forming among 'regulars' who then have a short tempers with anyone new. Leading to the 'group beatdown'
mr_tolkien
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
France8631 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-23 13:09:16
July 23 2013 13:08 GMT
#4160
On July 23 2013 21:37 NeoIllusions wrote:
So many posts, wtf.

Syndra's legit, Arczer plays a beastly Syndra np. She's not my definition of a cheesy champion.

I never said she wasn't legit Cheesy just means she's not a champion pickable in any composition at any time and that it's a champion which isn't really characteristic of a class.

Seriously, are there other ranged assassins like that ?

Except the tanky-bruiser-assasin-DPS, Ryze.
The legend of Darien lives on
Prev 1 206 207 208 209 210 339 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 151
ProTech132
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18320
Rain 1576
GuemChi 905
sorry 53
NaDa 17
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever444
NeuroSwarm198
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 421
minikerr26
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1080
Mew2King113
Other Games
summit1g7385
JimRising 546
WinterStarcraft505
C9.Mang0170
ViBE129
ZombieGrub15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick832
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 189
• davetesta39
• Letter147
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Stunt240
Other Games
• Scarra945
• Shiphtur496
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 42m
INu's Battles
8h 42m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
10h 42m
OSC
19h 57m
Replay Cast
20h 42m
OSC
1d 20h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.