• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:05
CEST 06:05
KST 13:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6464 users

UK Politics Mega-thread - Page 90

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 648 Next
In order to ensure that this thread meets TL standards and follows the proper guidelines, we ask that everyone please adhere to this mod note.

Posts containing only Tweets or articles adds nothing to the discussions. Therefore, when providing a source, explain why you feel it is relevant and what purpose it adds to the discussion.
Also take note that unsubstantiated tweets/posts meant only to rekindle old arguments will be actioned upon.

All in all, please continue to enjoy posting in TL General and partake in discussions as much as you want! But please be respectful when posting or replying to someone. There is a clear difference between constructive criticism/discussion and just plain being rude and insulting.

https://www.registertovote.service.gov.uk
Reaps
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom1280 Posts
June 17 2016 20:35 GMT
#1781
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.



Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Merkel was the one that openly invited everyone to come to Europe, the majority of the migrants aren't Syrian and many aren't even refugees



Bold part is very true and i don't think many people are actually aware of it.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
June 17 2016 20:35 GMT
#1782
On June 18 2016 05:28 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Not sure if sarcastic or unaware that ISI only became ISIS when the preexisting Iraqi insurgency created by the Iraq invasion invaded Syria during the Arab Spring.

What does that matter? It may prolong the war but it didn't start it.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 17 2016 20:47 GMT
#1783
On June 18 2016 05:35 Reaps wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Merkel was the one that openly invited everyone to come to Europe, the majority of the migrants aren't Syrian and many aren't even refugees



Bold part is very true and i don't think many people are actually aware of it.

Any evidence for that or just farage stood in front of a huge nazi-esque billboard?
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 17 2016 20:49 GMT
#1784
On June 18 2016 05:35 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:28 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Not sure if sarcastic or unaware that ISI only became ISIS when the preexisting Iraqi insurgency created by the Iraq invasion invaded Syria during the Arab Spring.

What does that matter? It may prolong the war but it didn't start it.

Because the longer the war goes on and the bloodier it is the more refugees
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 20:53:51
June 17 2016 20:52 GMT
#1785
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Merkel was the one that openly invited everyone to come to Europe, the majority of the migrants aren't Syrian and many aren't even refugees


Yes, Merkel made a mistake. I think she made it because Germany may feel guilty because of fascism, and they want redemption by inviting refugees. Still, such a large amount of refugees was a mistake. Having refugees is the symptom though. I don't mean to sound mean when I say that. You have to think of the reason why there are refugees at all. It's because the west (mainly USA) made a terrible mistake to promote democracy in the Middle East and overthrow their leaders. Democracy is great, but it doesn't work in the Middle East as you can see now.
jello_biafra
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom6642 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 21:09:54
June 17 2016 21:07 GMT
#1786
On June 18 2016 05:47 kollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:35 Reaps wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Merkel was the one that openly invited everyone to come to Europe, the majority of the migrants aren't Syrian and many aren't even refugees



Bold part is very true and i don't think many people are actually aware of it.

Any evidence for that or just farage stood in front of a huge nazi-esque billboard?

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-migrants-syria/21625
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/heres-a-fine-example-of-the-trouble-our-continent-is-descending-into/
http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/19/eu-statisticians-claim-only-1-in-5-migrants-are-from-syria-5398412/

On June 18 2016 05:49 kollin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:35 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:28 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Not sure if sarcastic or unaware that ISI only became ISIS when the preexisting Iraqi insurgency created by the Iraq invasion invaded Syria during the Arab Spring.

What does that matter? It may prolong the war but it didn't start it.

Because the longer the war goes on and the bloodier it is the more refugees

That is true, the Syrian war started 7 years after the Iraq invasion though, perhaps if the Obama administration had intervened in 2013 the issue could have been settled before ISIS grew to their largest extent, but there wasn't really much that could be done by that point.

On June 18 2016 05:52 Shield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 05:24 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:20 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:17 jello_biafra wrote:
On June 18 2016 05:08 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 04:52 jello_biafra wrote:
I was heavily in favour of staying in the EU until very recently but the more I find out the more I change my mind, I assumed the parliament worked like a normal parliament and that there was some degree of democracy. Turns out the EU cripples democracy and self-determination. It doesn't matter what you believe. If you're a communist, capitalist, monarchist, whatever, any changes you want to make can be nullified by the EU. Basically, unless your ideals align perfectly with what they want, and you're confident that their interests will never diverge from your own, you have no reason to vote remain. It's a rare case of a truly bipartisan issue, and it's telling that support for leave has been so high despite the entire establishment pushing against it.

For years I've just kind of gone along with the story that Farage was some fringe lunatic but it turns out he might actually have been right all along.

Also I'm all for European countries working together and having a common market, I'm even in favour of countries like Britain and Germany giving money to develop countries like Poland but it turns out the way it's been done is really inefficient and a lot of the money is just wasted on bureaucracy. The more I learn the more it seems like Germany is the only country that's really benefited from the whole project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gILTIDr4Ra8


Yes, and your PM and MPs are elected by EU. Also, EU threatens to eat your children. Don't you feel you overstretch your arguments here? You make it sound like your parliament has no power at all.

Germany isn't some evil genius. In fact, it's a more disciplined country than the UK even though I live in the UK. Just because you can't make it work doesn't mean others can't. Learn something from Germany.

Learn what? How to create a currency union that enriches your country to the cost of Spain, Italy, Greece, Portugal?

How to engineer a refugee crisis?


You're very uneducated, aren't you? Who intervened in the Middle East to cause refugee crisis? Hint: Germany wasn't the major player. It was your friend Tony Blair and George Bush.

Yes, Tony Blair caused the Syrian civil war...

Merkel was the one that openly invited everyone to come to Europe, the majority of the migrants aren't Syrian and many aren't even refugees


Yes, Merkel made a mistake. I think she made it because Germany may feel guilty because of fascism, and they want redemption by inviting refugees. Still, such a large amount of refugees was a mistake. Having refugees is the symptom though. I don't mean to sound mean when I say that. You have to think of the reason why there are refugees at all. It's because the west (mainly USA) made a terrible mistake to promote democracy in the Middle East and overthrow their leaders. Democracy is great, but it doesn't work in the Middle East as you can see now.

I'm not defending the interventions in the middle east, they just made the problem worse but it wasn't exactly a utopia before that. Democracy is clearly incompatible with Islam but a lot of people were also fed up of living under corrupt dictatorships and these civil wars were probably inevitable IMO.

As for Germany, they are taking white guilt to the extreme because of WW2 and some of their far left politicians are legitimately insane, eg.



edit: anyway, we've veered way off the thread topic of UK politics, oops
The road to hell is paved with good intentions | aka Probert[PaiN] @ iccup / godlikeparagon @ twitch | my BW stream: http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/jello_biafra
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
June 17 2016 21:56 GMT
#1787
This video reminds me of that one:

You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 22:04:32
June 17 2016 22:03 GMT
#1788
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 22:15:53
June 17 2016 22:14 GMT
#1789
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
June 17 2016 22:19 GMT
#1790
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Shield
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Bulgaria4824 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 22:30:26
June 17 2016 22:28 GMT
#1791
On June 18 2016 07:19 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.


Isn't this how it is in Europe at the moment though? Open borders, white British people are minority in London, etc. If you take a figurative view of that video, you may see it's similar. I'm not saying the video is exclusively for the UK though. I think it's not about Israel at all. I believe it's about monolithic societies in Europe in general.
kollin
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United Kingdom8380 Posts
June 17 2016 22:30 GMT
#1792
Britain doesn't have open borders though, and I don't see what the issue with white British people not being a majority (though still being the largest group) in one of the most multicultural, diverse capitals in the world. The fact that such a place can even exist is, if anything, a point of pride.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
June 17 2016 22:43 GMT
#1793
On June 18 2016 07:28 Shield wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:19 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.


Isn't this how it is in Europe at the moment though? Open borders, white British people are minority in London, etc. If you take a figurative view of that video, you may see it's similar. I'm not saying the video is exclusively for the UK though. I think it's not about Israel at all. I believe it's about monolithic societies in Europe in general.

And they argue their point by going "maybe the real racists are those who believe in white genocide through anti-racism and maybe now I've blown your mind with that you'll see that Hitler wasn't so bad". No, it's still fucking Hitler.

It's like a 13 year old going "I think schools teach people how to not think and that the smartest people in the world are the people with the least education". It's the embodiment of https://www.reddit.com/r/im14andthisisdeep/
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
June 17 2016 22:47 GMT
#1794
First poll after Jo Cox death show continued slide for Remain.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/06/17/exclusive-poll-eu-support-falls-after-jo-cox-murder/86031038/

Qriously, a London-based technology start-up that gathers data and intelligence about consumers through mobile phone apps, found that backing among likely voters for Britain's EU membership has dropped to 32% from 40% before her death.

Qriously found that 52% will vote to leave the bloc in a national referendum on June 23. The figure is unchanged from before the parliamentarian's death. The weakening support for remaining in the EU coincided with a large move toward "Don't know," which leaped to 16% from 9% before Cox's assassination.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 22:52:04
June 17 2016 22:50 GMT
#1795
On June 18 2016 07:19 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.

There are, indeed, political parties, from the far left, that openly oppose mixed race. One of their main argument is that we first "need to love ourselves" : due to "colonialism", the relationship between a white and a black, or an arab, cannot be motivated entirely by love and must reproduce, in some way, the domination that exist at the global level. So the relationship between a black or an arab with a white is, to them, some form of cultural destruction / appropriation.
That's a logical step when you think in terms of culture and when you believe that cultural assimilation / integration is a violent process.

On June 18 2016 07:30 kollin wrote:
Britain doesn't have open borders though, and I don't see what the issue with white British people not being a majority (though still being the largest group) in one of the most multicultural, diverse capitals in the world. The fact that such a place can even exist is, if anything, a point of pride.

The skin color does not matter, what matter on the other hand is our capacity to feel like we're part of the same community.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
June 17 2016 22:51 GMT
#1796
On June 18 2016 07:50 WhiteDog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:19 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.

There are, indeed, political parties, from the far left, that openly oppose mixed race. One of their main argument is that we first "need to love ourselves" : due to "colonialism", the relationship between a white and a black, or an arab, cannot be motivated entirely by love and must reproduce, in some way, the domination that exist at the global level. So the relationship between a black or an arab with a white is, to them, some form of cultural destruction / appropriation.
That's a logical step when you think in terms of culture and when you believe that cultural assimilation / integration is a violent process.

I never said all the idiots can be found on one side of the political spectrum.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-17 22:56:31
June 17 2016 22:52 GMT
#1797
On June 18 2016 07:51 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 18 2016 07:50 WhiteDog wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:19 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:14 Shield wrote:
On June 18 2016 07:03 KwarK wrote:
On June 18 2016 06:56 Shield wrote:
This video reminds me of that one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKDeyuM0-Og
You may say it affects Western Europe in general, including the UK. What's your view on it?

That is the stupidest youtube video I've ever watched. It's literally trying to beg the question

"so, given that Israel has a wall and oppresses Palestinians, who are the real racists, Hitler or the Jews?"

No, still Hitler. Always Hitler.


I think anti-racist Hitler could be replaced by anyone from far left. Israel in video could be any country from Western Europe. That's how I understand it at least.

How I understand it is that an unchanged Hitler wakes up in 2016 and wants to destroy the Jews. He then decides that the real racists in 2016 are the liberals who are seeking the destruction of races through mixed breeding, integration and tolerance. Then, whenever they question his policies to destroy the Jews he goes "I'm just being tolerant and liberal, you're not a racist are you? Because if you disagree with me you must be a racist".

Like I said, one of the stupidest videos I've ever seen.

There are, indeed, political parties, from the far left, that openly oppose mixed race. One of their main argument is that we first "need to love ourselves" : due to "colonialism", the relationship between a white and a black, or an arab, cannot be motivated entirely by love and must reproduce, in some way, the domination that exist at the global level. So the relationship between a black or an arab with a white is, to them, some form of cultural destruction / appropriation.
That's a logical step when you think in terms of culture and when you believe that cultural assimilation / integration is a violent process.

I never said all the idiots can be found on one side of the political spectrum.

Of course, I was just saying Shield's argument makes sense to me. The video is shit tho.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-18 02:55:52
June 17 2016 23:24 GMT
#1798
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/17/field-marshal-lord-guthrie-why-i-now-back-the-leave-campaign/

Field Marshal Lord Guthrie: Why I now back the Leave campaign

What has changed his mind? It is his anxiety about a growing EU role in defence, leading to a European Army. ‘I think a European Army could damage NATO. It is expensive. It’s unnecessary duplication to have it. It would appeal to some euro vanity thing.’

Lord Guthrie believes that the EU’s ‘endgame’ is ‘to have an army which is really controlled by Brussels and they would eventually prefer no country to have a veto on what we do.



http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/juncker-nato-is-not-enough-eu-needs-an-army/

Juncker: NATO is not enough, EU needs an army

The European Union needs its own army to face up to Russia and other threats, as well as to restore the bloc’s standing around the world, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker told a German newspaper yesterday (8 March).

Arguing that NATO was not enough because not all members of the transatlantic defence alliance are in the EU, Juncker said a common EU army would send important signals to the world.

“A joint EU army would show the world that there would never again be a war between EU countries,” Juncker told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper. “Such an army would also help us to form common foreign and security policies and allow Europe to take on responsibility in the world.”

Juncker said a common EU army could serve as a deterrent and would have been useful during the Ukraine crisis.

“With its own army, Europe could react more credibly to the threat to peace in a member state or in a neighbouring state,” he said.

“One wouldn’t have a European army to deploy it immediately. But a common European army would convey a clear message to Russia that we are serious about defending our European values.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
WhiteDog
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France8650 Posts
June 18 2016 07:53 GMT
#1799
On June 18 2016 08:24 iPlaY.NettleS wrote:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/17/field-marshal-lord-guthrie-why-i-now-back-the-leave-campaign/

Field Marshal Lord Guthrie: Why I now back the Leave campaign
Show nested quote +

What has changed his mind? It is his anxiety about a growing EU role in defence, leading to a European Army. ‘I think a European Army could damage NATO. It is expensive. It’s unnecessary duplication to have it. It would appeal to some euro vanity thing.’

Lord Guthrie believes that the EU’s ‘endgame’ is ‘to have an army which is really controlled by Brussels and they would eventually prefer no country to have a veto on what we do.



http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/juncker-nato-is-not-enough-eu-needs-an-army/

Juncker: NATO is not enough, EU needs an army
Show nested quote +

The European Union needs its own army to face up to Russia and other threats, as well as to restore the bloc’s standing around the world, EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker told a German newspaper yesterday (8 March).

Arguing that NATO was not enough because not all members of the transatlantic defence alliance are in the EU, Juncker said a common EU army would send important signals to the world.

“A joint EU army would show the world that there would never again be a war between EU countries,” Juncker told the Welt am Sonntag newspaper. “Such an army would also help us to form common foreign and security policies and allow Europe to take on responsibility in the world.”

Juncker said a common EU army could serve as a deterrent and would have been useful during the Ukraine crisis.

“With its own army, Europe could react more credibly to the threat to peace in a member state or in a neighbouring state,” he said.

“One wouldn’t have a European army to deploy it immediately. But a common European army would convey a clear message to Russia that we are serious about defending our European values.”

Juncker needs to be put in prison for his deeds in luxemburg.
"every time WhiteDog overuses the word "seriously" in a comment I can make an observation on his fragile emotional state." MoltkeWarding
iPlaY.NettleS
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Australia4456 Posts
June 18 2016 10:02 GMT
#1800
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Lindh

Ylva Anna Maria Lindh (19 June 1957 – 11 September 2003), was a Swedish Social Democratic politician, chairman of the Social Democratic Youth League from 1984 to 1990 and a member of parliament from 1982 to 1985 and 1998 to 2003

Lindh was an outspoken campaigner for Sweden to join the Eurozone in the referendum held on 14 September 2003. After the attack, all euro-campaign events were immediately cancelled. Television campaign advertisements were withdrawn, and all TV stations in Sweden halted commercials from the evening on the 10th through the 11th to help the public-service channels of SVT report news. TV3 merged its programming with ZTV and TV8, airing Efterlyst (a program similar to America's Most Wanted) for people to send information directly to the police to help find the murderer. All campaign advertising on billboards was removed and advertising in printed media cancelled. The murder was seen as an attack on Sweden's open society, requiring unity rather than political campaigning.

Following a midday meeting on 12 September by prime minister Göran Persson and the leaders of the other political parties in the Riksdag, the decision was made not to let Lindh's murder affect the referendum. Information and resources on the referendum's issues would be fully available, but no political campaigning or debate would take place. Party leaders unanimously pledged support for the ballot as planned, and to abide by its result. Despite speculation that sympathy for Lindh could influence the voting, the euro was rejected in the referendum. Following her death, junior foreign affairs minister Jan O. Karlsson was appointed acting minister for foreign affairs. In October of that year Laila Freivalds was appointed the successor to Lindh's cabinet post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7PvoI6gvQs
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 648 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 55m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17248
Rain 1425
GuemChi 616
sSak 41
Bale 25
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm237
League of Legends
JimRising 751
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1112
taco 440
minikerr32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1008
Mew2King81
Other Games
summit1g8043
WinterStarcraft589
C9.Mang0181
ViBE136
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1135
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Light_VIP 24
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo900
• Stunt306
• Rush138
Other Games
• Scarra951
• Shiphtur884
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 55m
INu's Battles
6h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
8h 55m
OSC
18h 10m
Replay Cast
18h 55m
OSC
1d 18h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.