• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9676 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 87

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 665 Next
Cytokinesis
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada330 Posts
October 19 2011 19:15 GMT
#1721
sideboard nevermore
Ive seen people who dont believe in sleep count sheep with calculators that double as alarm clocks
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 19 2011 19:17 GMT
#1722
On October 20 2011 04:10 Judicator wrote:
MBI's Lilys will resolve in response to Mirran Crusaders and/or after a Whispering Specter trigger. They'll just make sure you sit in top-deck mode with multiple threats to deal with. It's not actually possible for you to win post-Lily if they resolve it smartly.

Edit:

I played against this deck at States and the card that actually hosed me was Lily, because she actually locked me out completely.


So are you saying it's mainboarded commonly? Or just sided in against U/W Blade/Aggro types?
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 19 2011 19:24 GMT
#1723
What exactly would be MBI's answer to sofaf?

Also, can anyone give me the link to states decklists if it exists?
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
October 19 2011 19:25 GMT
#1724
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/standard_deck_hq.asp probably the best list so far until WOTC releases their's after all of the results are reported in.
Brood War forever!
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 19 2011 19:26 GMT
#1725
I don't know, I honestly think that Lily is better main than side against 90% of all the decks since it provides inevitably. I played it again at the local store yesterday and was convinced that was what beat me. It handles everything anyways since you just stripped their hand and they actually can't just race you. Control decks can't comfortably play draw-go with you and they don't want to spend an o-ring on her post-board. She just makes everything awkward for all the common match ups for that deck.
Get it by your hands...
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 19 2011 19:30 GMT
#1726
yea i mean in aggro decks lily is so insane. i mean sure getting value out of her discard with solar flare feels good and all. but just putting quick pressure on board and then slamming a lily to put pressure on their hand, clear the path every once in awhile and maybe even ultimate? seems retarded.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 19 2011 19:36 GMT
#1727
I think we're talking Liliana specifically in MBI, where I can totally see her value against decks that try to throw Angelic Destiny on Mirran Crusader or Sword up a Geist. But you already run Despise, probably and even Whispering Specter can do about three-quarters of what Liliana is trying to do. Every once in a while, you're probably living the dream against aggro when you make them sac a Crusader and just start stripping their hand away, with their clock on the board. She's got to be answered, that's for sure.

And I don't think I've ever seen Liliana go off, actually. But that's irrelevant, she's still great.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 19 2011 19:45 GMT
#1728
On October 20 2011 04:36 slyboogie wrote:
I think we're talking Liliana specifically in MBI, where I can totally see her value against decks that try to throw Angelic Destiny on Mirran Crusader or Sword up a Geist. But you already run Despise, probably and even Whispering Specter can do about three-quarters of what Liliana is trying to do. Every once in a while, you're probably living the dream against aggro when you make them sac a Crusader and just start stripping their hand away, with their clock on the board. She's got to be answered, that's for sure.

And I don't think I've ever seen Liliana go off, actually. But that's irrelevant, she's still great.


I don't think you value Lily until you play opposite of her in that deck. No deck is going to race MBI and win unless you have a considerable head start, not even Mono-Red.
Get it by your hands...
DCLXVI
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States729 Posts
October 19 2011 20:42 GMT
#1729
Ive been toying around with the deck at the bottom of this article (grimgrin ooze keeper combo):
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=10073
It is a lot of fun to play, but I am wondering what works best. I have cut green from the deck and use the blue souleater instead, so I have some room to play around. The options I see are:

Stay U/B and add lillianas, some counter magic. Lilliana gets combo pieces out of my hand if I can't stick a looter and she strips away their hand, buys me time.

Splash white for unburial rites and sideboard options so I have outs to losing my ooze.

Stay U/B and add in more of the combo pieces/looters, perhaps think twice/divination to guarantee I hit the combo. I could also add in phantasmal image but that seems loose.

So far I like the first option best but I would love some more ideas to try/opinions on which way to go with the deck. I don't think the deck can compete with T1 decks, but it's something I want to take to an FNM,
I can already see the ending
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
October 19 2011 20:43 GMT
#1730
States lists:
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck_search_result.asp?Location=2011 States

And YAY finally time to draft innistrad online. Won my first today. Hopefully I can do a few more.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 19 2011 20:46 GMT
#1731
On October 20 2011 05:43 DEN1ED wrote:
States lists:
http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck_search_result.asp?Location=2011 States

And YAY finally time to draft innistrad online. Won my first today. Hopefully I can do a few more.

I got flooded out and am considering whether or not to do another...I guess I will, sick today so nothing better to do.
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 19 2011 20:53 GMT
#1732
On October 20 2011 04:45 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 04:36 slyboogie wrote:
I think we're talking Liliana specifically in MBI, where I can totally see her value against decks that try to throw Angelic Destiny on Mirran Crusader or Sword up a Geist. But you already run Despise, probably and even Whispering Specter can do about three-quarters of what Liliana is trying to do. Every once in a while, you're probably living the dream against aggro when you make them sac a Crusader and just start stripping their hand away, with their clock on the board. She's got to be answered, that's for sure.

And I don't think I've ever seen Liliana go off, actually. But that's irrelevant, she's still great.


I don't think you value Lily until you play opposite of her in that deck. No deck is going to race MBI and win unless you have a considerable head start, not even Mono-Red.


Psh, I value her fine. She's great. But she's a three-mana Planeswalker, she isn't a resolve Karn. She's just great and cheap. And how could anyone have not played against one. Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
October 19 2011 20:58 GMT
#1733
I just picked up a liliana for 22 tickets, and she is now in my UB zombie control deck.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 19 2011 21:46 GMT
#1734
On October 20 2011 05:53 slyboogie wrote:
Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.


So you don't value her correctly then.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.

Play against the deck, you'll find yourself sitting there with 4 or 5 cards in hand still in top deck mode.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 19 2011 21:55 GMT
#1735
On October 20 2011 06:46 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 05:53 slyboogie wrote:
Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.


So you don't value her correctly then.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.

Play against the deck, you'll find yourself sitting there with 4 or 5 cards in hand still in top deck mode.


Wait a minute. I'm not disagreeing with you altogether, but let me ask you a hypothetical.

If Karn was the exact same casting cost as Liliana, Liliana would still be better?
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
October 19 2011 21:56 GMT
#1736
On October 20 2011 06:55 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 06:46 Judicator wrote:
On October 20 2011 05:53 slyboogie wrote:
Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.


So you don't value her correctly then.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.

Play against the deck, you'll find yourself sitting there with 4 or 5 cards in hand still in top deck mode.


Wait a minute. I'm not disagreeing with you altogether, but let me ask you a hypothetical.

If Karn was the exact same casting cost as Liliana, Liliana would still be better?

What if Karn also had a +1 that had the following effect: "You win the game." Would Liliana be better?
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
October 19 2011 21:57 GMT
#1737
On October 20 2011 06:56 RoosterSamurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 06:55 slyboogie wrote:
On October 20 2011 06:46 Judicator wrote:
On October 20 2011 05:53 slyboogie wrote:
Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.


So you don't value her correctly then.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.

Play against the deck, you'll find yourself sitting there with 4 or 5 cards in hand still in top deck mode.


Wait a minute. I'm not disagreeing with you altogether, but let me ask you a hypothetical.

If Karn was the exact same casting cost as Liliana, Liliana would still be better?

What if Karn also had a +1 that had the following effect: "You win the game." Would Liliana be better?


I was talking about power. Not effectiveness or playability. Of course Karn is 7 mana, but you can't say Liliana is all powerful because then she would be broken. She's 3 mana, therefore she needs to have drawbacks.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 19 2011 22:05 GMT
#1738
On October 20 2011 06:57 slyboogie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2011 06:56 RoosterSamurai wrote:
On October 20 2011 06:55 slyboogie wrote:
On October 20 2011 06:46 Judicator wrote:
On October 20 2011 05:53 slyboogie wrote:
Though, again, I've never seen one in MBI.


So you don't value her correctly then.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.

Play against the deck, you'll find yourself sitting there with 4 or 5 cards in hand still in top deck mode.


Wait a minute. I'm not disagreeing with you altogether, but let me ask you a hypothetical.

If Karn was the exact same casting cost as Liliana, Liliana would still be better?

What if Karn also had a +1 that had the following effect: "You win the game." Would Liliana be better?


I was talking about power. Not effectiveness or playability. Of course Karn is 7 mana, but you can't say Liliana is all powerful because then she would be broken. She's 3 mana, therefore she needs to have drawbacks.


Sigh people can't draw analogies, I meant in their respective decks. Karn in the UB deck is not better than Lily in the MBI deck. Your hypothetical is pointless because that isn't what I was stating in the first place, why the hell would anyone directly compare Karn versus Liliana?

In that particular MBI deck, she is damn near broken because it literally provides another legitimate threat that you can't actually beat if she comes down properly. Go play against the deck, then you'll see what I am saying about Lily in that deck.

Think about it this way, Lily for all purposes outside of MBI is an incremental advantage PW in the vein of Jace v1, but she doesn't play like that in MBI at all.
Get it by your hands...
slyboogie
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3423 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-19 22:10:52
October 19 2011 22:08 GMT
#1739
Before I respond, you should read what you wrote.

Play against one in a MBI deck, let me know how backbreaking it is, until then don't say she isn't resolve Karn, because Lily actually is better than Karn in that deck.


Words like "this" and "that" are demonstratives, you have to indicate your objects.

EDIT: Anyways, comparing cards directly is pretty dumb, you only do it to garner power levels of cards. And since most people can tell powerful cards right when they see them, it is usually meaningless. In this case, I felt that you said that Liliana was better than Karn in MBI, without any conditions like casting cost and color. This felt odd to me. So I raised my question. I'll go play against MBI with Liliana.
"We dug coal together." Boyd Crowder, Justified
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
October 19 2011 22:48 GMT
#1740
I've yet to play vs liliana in MBI online. In the past 2 standard dailys there have been 5 MBI decks (2 4-0's, 3 3-1's) and none of them ran liliana main or sb.
Prev 1 85 86 87 88 89 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings SOOP26
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech136
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26814
Shuttle 2867
Bisu 1000
Horang2 792
Jaedong 564
BeSt 384
Hyuk 328
firebathero 293
actioN 288
Light 239
[ Show more ]
Stork 198
Zeus 198
Mini 183
Soulkey 178
Soma 164
Last 133
EffOrt 120
Leta 114
ggaemo 108
Pusan 82
ZerO 81
Snow 72
Rush 63
Mong 54
hero 47
Killer 45
Sea.KH 40
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sexy 32
Shine 32
NaDa 29
Sharp 24
Bale 24
Shinee 23
ToSsGirL 20
soO 18
sorry 15
Terrorterran 15
PianO 14
JulyZerg 14
Free 14
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
HiyA 7
Dota 2
Gorgc1279
qojqva1152
Dendi800
Fuzer 124
League of Legends
Reynor77
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1409
shoxiejesuss592
x6flipin272
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1857
crisheroes703
Other Games
gofns39839
singsing2072
B2W.Neo493
XBOCT329
DeMusliM175
Liquid`LucifroN143
Mew2King114
Livibee109
XaKoH 107
ArmadaUGS106
QueenE75
ZerO(Twitch)11
Chillindude9
Railgan7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream288
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 48
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2195
• TFBlade326
Other Games
• WagamamaTV115
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 21m
Stellar Fest
1h 21m
OSC
12h 21m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.