• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:43
CEST 07:43
KST 14:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7927 users

Magic: The Gathering - Page 84

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 665 Next
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 14 2011 16:59 GMT
#1661
Like I said, the phrasing matters, don't call it your deck.

The sideboard is tuned to your meta, we don't know what your meta is. If you knew how WRG ran, and your meta, you wouldn't be asking for a general questions (yes the questions and points you made were just general statements, X is good against Y, etc.) Instead you would ask how would you guys deal with X?

You're not though, you're just asking for what we would put into the board which is a completely pointless exercise.
Get it by your hands...
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 17:22:25
October 14 2011 17:22 GMT
#1662
Judicator pretty much nailed it. Notice how everyone asking for advice asks for help against specific issues/cards. Sideboarding is completely dependent on your environment.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 14 2011 21:13 GMT
#1663
On October 15 2011 01:59 Judicator wrote:
Like I said, the phrasing matters, don't call it your deck.


The hell are you talking about? Everybody who runs a deck calls it their deck whether they made it or not. He did not imply any ownership over the original idea of the deck at all. If I run Flare at states, am I not allowed to call it my deck just because 71/75 of the list is copied? What pointless semanticism.

"Hey bro, can I see your states deck?"

"Oh, it's not my deck, I copied it from the internet! The fact that I own the cards and entered it in the tournament is irrelevant!"
We found Dove in a soapless place.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-14 23:57:54
October 14 2011 23:48 GMT
#1664
Ya, pretty much what cel said. Saying "my deck" has always been used to talk about whatever deck you are playing. It doesn't matter if you netdecked it or not.
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 15 2011 00:15 GMT
#1665
I don't mind someone calling it their deck. It just came across as pretentious that when we talk about the kessig deck he jumps in and says, HEY! THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!

I know Orph didn't mean it like that, but maybe that's how judi took it. Regardless... my typical thoughts when I build a deck and the kid I'm facing at a FNM says, "wtf why would you play that!"

[image loading]
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 15 2011 02:00 GMT
#1666
On October 15 2011 09:15 Risen wrote:
I don't mind someone calling it their deck. It just came across as pretentious that when we talk about the kessig deck he jumps in and says, HEY! THATS NOT WHAT I ASKED FOR!

I know Orph didn't mean it like that, but maybe that's how judi took it. Regardless... my typical thoughts when I build a deck and the kid I'm facing at a FNM says, "wtf why would you play that!"

[image loading]


That gif just sums up what I tell my friends when they ask why I build such janky decks.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 02:20:27
October 15 2011 02:15 GMT
#1667
Speaking of netdecking, I've been looking at the puresteel equipment decks that made it pretty far in SCG, and while I'm proud of them being mono-white, is mentor really all that good in the deck? Every time I play with it, I always have other cards in hand to play rather then pay the extra mana, and I'm always short on mana. I feel like puresteel paladin is enough card draw to get to a sword or something to put it on, that playing mentor, then another critter + 1 mana is a waste of time. I tried playing it like a subsitute for one of the many times puresteel dies to removal, but it still seems clunky and I never have spare mana anyway to burn for the draw. Nearly every time, I'd rather throw a sword down then mentor, then I'd rather equip it then play a critter then draw a card. Mentor just doesn't seem threatening with puresteel. But it placed in SCG and I did not. I'm not a huge trinket mage dude, but it seems better then mentor.

Also Inkmoth is the best card in standard, prove me wrong

Edit: http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=929833
Just linking the deck. I mean other then the early mentor play, I love the deck, and even mentor later on, when kemba is making cats, or you set of the origin, and then drawing from it is sweet stuff.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Kitkatzy
Profile Joined May 2008
United States213 Posts
October 15 2011 03:11 GMT
#1668
On October 15 2011 11:15 bumatlarge wrote:
Also Inkmoth is the best card in standard, prove me wrong


Maybe you are new to magic or something but historically the man lands have always been the best cards in standard...
Curse Kitkatz
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
October 15 2011 03:36 GMT
#1669
On October 15 2011 12:11 Couvre wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2011 11:15 bumatlarge wrote:
Also Inkmoth is the best card in standard, prove me wrong


Maybe you are new to magic or something but historically the man lands have always been the best cards in standard...


What? Faerie conclave/treetop village were not better than bitterblossom. Blinkmoth was not better than ravager. Colonade not better than JTMS/stoneforge. Manlands are always very good but certainly not best cards in standard.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 15 2011 04:15 GMT
#1670
That was because the cards you pointed out are outright broken.
DEN1ED
Profile Joined December 2009
United States1087 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 04:50:25
October 15 2011 04:46 GMT
#1671
That doesn't make me wrong. He said manlands have historically been best cards in standard. Well historically there have been broken cards in standard that are much better. Those were just the first few cards that came to mind. I would say tooth and nail was better than blinkmoth and and squadron hawks also better than colonade. Those cards are key to an entire archetype while manlands are just really good supporting cards.
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-15 06:41:01
October 15 2011 06:40 GMT
#1672
According to Gatherer community ratings, Hero of bladehold is the best card in Standard currently. Second is memnite.

Another thing that I actually find interesting is that there are no blue cards in the top 25 of gatherer. The highest rated blue card is turn to frog -_-
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
October 15 2011 07:05 GMT
#1673
On October 15 2011 15:40 dignity wrote:
According to Gatherer community ratings, Hero of bladehold is the best card in Standard currently. Second is memnite.

Another thing that I actually find interesting is that there are no blue cards in the top 25 of gatherer. The highest rated blue card is turn to frog -_-

Which just shows how stupid people who rate shit on Gatherer are.
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
October 15 2011 09:18 GMT
#1674
I don't know bro, memnite is the most mana efficient creature ever printed. Dryad arbor doesn't count, that bitch is whack.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 15 2011 15:19 GMT
#1675
Turn to Frog is obviously the best blue card in Standard right now. Think about the synergy with Snapcaster Mage!
We found Dove in a soapless place.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
October 15 2011 17:00 GMT
#1676
On October 16 2011 00:19 Cel.erity wrote:
Turn to Frog is obviously the best blue card in Standard right now. Think about the synergy with Snapcaster Mage!

it kills all the phantasmal images, shuts down titans for a turn, AND you can cast it in response to a Tree of Redemption activation to blow them out!
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
dignity
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada908 Posts
October 15 2011 17:11 GMT
#1677
You can trade snappy for their titan with turn to frog in your graveyard. Seems pretty good...

Instant(kinda) removal in monoblue?

And memnites are broken. Its power/cmc is incalculable.
Cel.erity
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4890 Posts
October 15 2011 17:20 GMT
#1678
On October 16 2011 02:00 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 16 2011 00:19 Cel.erity wrote:
Turn to Frog is obviously the best blue card in Standard right now. Think about the synergy with Snapcaster Mage!

it kills all the phantasmal images, shuts down titans for a turn, AND you can cast it in response to a Tree of Redemption activation to blow them out!


Oh shit, I didn't even think about this. If I ever play RUG in standard I am going to side in 1 mise Turn to Frog against any deck with Trees now, just so I can make that play.

Reminds me of my draft last night where life totals were 2 to 3 and opponent had Manabarbs in play, but I tapped 2 and killed him with Incinerate anyway.
We found Dove in a soapless place.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
October 16 2011 02:32 GMT
#1679
Just got back from states, had two matches to get into t8, lost 1-0 due to solar flare mirrors.

I played around and beat Mono Reds, RUGs, and Kessigs all day, then lose to two shitty flare players. Sitting next to Christian Valenti most of the day was kind of cool. Definitely figured out where my sideboard should be now.
Get it by your hands...
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
October 16 2011 03:53 GMT
#1680
lost in my win-and-in round after going starting 5-1. pretty much only had to think when going up against mirrors(which is the most miserable thing to play). record against mirrors was 1-2 and against the rest was all wins.

also -3ing a garruk to death to draw 6 cards only to slam another garruk was lolz worthy.

my sideboard "tech" ended up being a spellskite and a batterskull.
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 665 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2021
Snow 172
910 42
Bale 29
Noble 17
ZergMaN 13
Icarus 7
sorry 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm182
Fuzer 23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox720
C9.Mang0176
Mew2King39
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1193
WinterStarcraft623
Other Games
summit1g8229
JimRising 632
PiGStarcraft296
ArmadaUGS145
Sick132
Maynarde127
RuFF_SC288
Livibee70
ViBE56
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick587
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1258
• Rush1136
• Stunt453
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 17m
OSC
7h 17m
Stellar Fest
7h 17m
OSC
18h 17m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.