• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9458 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 99

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 383 Next
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 29 2012 17:50 GMT
#1961
On March 01 2012 02:31 sPlosH wrote:
the link for the Ducky G2 OCN Edition PBT Keycaps MX Brown seems to be broken?? says page doesnt exist.


It was a limited edition, so probably cant get it anymore.
RYUZbim
Profile Joined December 2011
France48 Posts
February 29 2012 18:37 GMT
#1962
On February 29 2012 13:41 -zoohairz- wrote:
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful

You should probably look for a noppoo PRO, i saw a few on ebay

I don't have it myself, i got the noppoo choc mini (tenkeyless) and i'm really happy with it since now 6month so the PRO should be fine too
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
February 29 2012 21:09 GMT
#1963
http://www.amazon.com/Majestouch-2-Tenkeyless-Tactile-Keyboard-FKBN87M/dp/B005JC4PTQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330549710&sr=1-8

White Filco Ninja
hefeteig
Profile Joined February 2012
6 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 22:46:54
February 29 2012 22:42 GMT
#1964
Hi there

I have bought Steelseries 6gv2 some days ago.
Now I noticed some problems when i play starcraft or try to type really fast.
When I play starcraft often i give some commands by holding shift (e.g. building a nexus, gasses and a pylon).
Then I release shift and press one of my group keys like 4.
Alot of times this results in a Shift-4 (which adds my selected unit to control group 4, thats NOT what i want of course) because I seem to have not fully released the shift key before I press the 4 key. I never had this problem before with my non mechanical keyboards
Also if i type really fast it seems like I accidently give slight pressure to some keys I wanna hit in the future, resulting in the wrong letters beeing typed first.
How do you guys handle this? Did i just learn bad habbits in all these years and not waiting until I fully release they keys until i press the next one? Or is this a common problem with black switches? They seem to register really early!
Its like I have to press them like 10% down and they already register.
Are the other mechanical switches the same? Or which switches would you recommend which register further down?

I fear that I cannot get unused to my typing style and thus might have to switch away from black switches :/

And also how can u be really fast if you always have to fully release the key first (ok you dont have to do it for all keys, but you have to wait until Shift, Alt, Ctrl, etc are released)

divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 01:42:22
February 29 2012 23:00 GMT
#1965
I've noticed a few pictures through the web that show people with clear keyboard covers that are thin, formed plastic. No one had a Das, but the layouts are identical for the ones I saw. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these?
Skype: divito7
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 29 2012 23:38 GMT
#1966
On March 01 2012 07:42 hefeteig wrote:
Hi there

I have bought Steelseries 6gv2 some days ago.
Now I noticed some problems when i play starcraft or try to type really fast.
When I play starcraft often i give some commands by holding shift (e.g. building a nexus, gasses and a pylon).
Then I release shift and press one of my group keys like 4.
Alot of times this results in a Shift-4 (which adds my selected unit to control group 4, thats NOT what i want of course) because I seem to have not fully released the shift key before I press the 4 key. I never had this problem before with my non mechanical keyboards
Also if i type really fast it seems like I accidently give slight pressure to some keys I wanna hit in the future, resulting in the wrong letters beeing typed first.
How do you guys handle this? Did i just learn bad habbits in all these years and not waiting until I fully release they keys until i press the next one? Or is this a common problem with black switches? They seem to register really early!
Its like I have to press them like 10% down and they already register.
Are the other mechanical switches the same? Or which switches would you recommend which register further down?

I fear that I cannot get unused to my typing style and thus might have to switch away from black switches :/

And also how can u be really fast if you always have to fully release the key first (ok you dont have to do it for all keys, but you have to wait until Shift, Alt, Ctrl, etc are released)



This is a fault of liner switches in that it's hard to know when u've activated a key press, unlike tactile switches that give you the bump. With some more use you should get used to it, but linear switches aren't for everyone. It's not so much a problem as the design of the switch. Perhaps read into the OP and guides a little more before purchasing.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
hefeteig
Profile Joined February 2012
6 Posts
March 01 2012 08:39 GMT
#1967
Thanks for you answer!
I tried to figure out if blue switches would suit my style more.
They have a "sound" and a "feeling" when they register. But I was unable to figure out if you can also feel or hear if the key is release (thus if i get above the actuation point)? Do they have something like that?
I think what i need is some kind of feedback if the key is above the actuation point.
Cheap keyboarsd do have this kind of feedback because the keys can only be all the way up or down there is no "in between" really.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
March 01 2012 10:07 GMT
#1968
On March 01 2012 17:39 hefeteig wrote:
Thanks for you answer!
I tried to figure out if blue switches would suit my style more.
They have a "sound" and a "feeling" when they register. But I was unable to figure out if you can also feel or hear if the key is release (thus if i get above the actuation point)? Do they have something like that?
I think what i need is some kind of feedback if the key is above the actuation point.
Cheap keyboarsd do have this kind of feedback because the keys can only be all the way up or down there is no "in between" really.


You can feel in the browns and blues when you get above the actuation point (and hear if you are listening really close).
It is more apparent in the blues, but with the blues the feedback reset point is a little higher than the actual actuation point.

So you can continually go above and below the actuation point without actually resetting the feedback.
This is kinda hard, it isn't a very large space between the actuation and reset point but it does exist.
This is why people say blues aren't very good for doubletapping/gaming.

I hope this makes sense. I think you should give the black switches a chance, see if you get used to them. But if you can try out some blues or browns then go for it.
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
March 01 2012 10:46 GMT
#1969
On March 01 2012 08:00 divito wrote:
I've noticed a few pictures through the web that show people with clear keyboard covers that are thin, formed plastic. No one had a Das, but the layouts are identical for the ones I saw. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these?


im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
Deadlifter
Profile Joined September 2011
Norway68 Posts
March 01 2012 11:09 GMT
#1970
Hey, I'll give my personal feedback on which switch to pick.

I have a steelseeries g6v2(black), Zowie celeritas (brown) and a filco (blue).

Personally I really like blue the most. IMO the browns feel like cheap blues, and the blacks are way too hard/stiff and the non tactile feedback is really annoying after a while. How ever I would pick every single one of them before a regular membrane keyboard.

Basically I think that its extremely important to try all the switch types before you make a choice, because it really depends on personal preference.
For my taste its #1 blue, #2 brown #3 black.
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 11:19:19
March 01 2012 11:14 GMT
#1971
On March 01 2012 19:46 EnjoYmE wrote:
im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-

I already have the Das Ultimate; I'm looking for a plastic cover for the keys, to keep away dust and such when not in use. I know there are soft plastic types, but I saw a couple random pics of formed plastic in the shape of a keyboard layout that covered the keyboard. I'm trying to find that.

I'll try to look for a picture later to show what I'm talking about. Here we go, the thing above the keyboard:

[image loading]
Skype: divito7
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-01 12:11:22
March 01 2012 12:11 GMT
#1972
On March 01 2012 20:14 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 19:46 EnjoYmE wrote:
im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-

I already have the Das Ultimate; I'm looking for a plastic cover for the keys, to keep away dust and such when not in use. I know there are soft plastic types, but I saw a couple random pics of formed plastic in the shape of a keyboard layout that covered the keyboard. I'm trying to find that.

+ Show Spoiler +
I'll try to look for a picture later to show what I'm talking about. Here we go, the thing above the keyboard:

[image loading]


They come with Filcos. No idea where you can get one.

Also after a year my filco cover has deteriorated, it has many cracks simply from removing and placing the cover.
So its not the greatest plastic, but it still does a good job protecting from dust etc.

I would get one of the soft plastic ones, I think they would probably last longer and easier to clean without breaking them.
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
March 01 2012 16:55 GMT
#1973
Filcos, Leopolds, and Duckys all come with dust covers. You can purchase a better solid one from Elitekeyboards as well.
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
March 01 2012 23:02 GMT
#1974
On March 02 2012 01:55 skyR wrote:
Filcos, Leopolds, and Duckys all come with dust covers. You can purchase a better solid one from Elitekeyboards as well.

Shame no one sells the cheaper one, but I guess it's better to invest in a more quality one. And hmm, seems from the dimensions that it shouldn't have a problem covering the Das. Thanks.
Skype: divito7
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
March 01 2012 23:07 GMT
#1975
On March 02 2012 08:02 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 01:55 skyR wrote:
Filcos, Leopolds, and Duckys all come with dust covers. You can purchase a better solid one from Elitekeyboards as well.

Shame no one sells the cheaper one, but I guess it's better to invest in a more quality one. And hmm, seems from the dimensions that it shouldn't have a problem covering the Das. Thanks.

just buy some acrylic panels and make ur own for $10
vndods
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3743 Posts
March 02 2012 06:32 GMT
#1976
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 01 2012 20:14 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 19:46 EnjoYmE wrote:
im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-

I already have the Das Ultimate; I'm looking for a plastic cover for the keys, to keep away dust and such when not in use. I know there are soft plastic types, but I saw a couple random pics of formed plastic in the shape of a keyboard layout that covered the keyboard. I'm trying to find that.

I'll try to look for a picture later to show what I'm talking about. Here we go, the thing above the keyboard:

[image loading]



where to get those keycaps!!!!!
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
March 02 2012 06:40 GMT
#1977
On March 02 2012 15:32 vndods wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 01 2012 20:14 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 19:46 EnjoYmE wrote:
im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-

I already have the Das Ultimate; I'm looking for a plastic cover for the keys, to keep away dust and such when not in use. I know there are soft plastic types, but I saw a couple random pics of formed plastic in the shape of a keyboard layout that covered the keyboard. I'm trying to find that.

I'll try to look for a picture later to show what I'm talking about. Here we go, the thing above the keyboard:

[image loading]



where to get those keycaps!!!!!


WASD keyboards

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/individual-custom-keycaps.html
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
vndods
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3743 Posts
March 02 2012 06:53 GMT
#1978
On March 02 2012 15:40 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 02 2012 15:32 vndods wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On March 01 2012 20:14 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 01 2012 19:46 EnjoYmE wrote:
im not sure if i get it correctly but the blank key version of the DAS keyboard is the "DAS keybard ultimate" link

some people also tend to buy extra blank keys for example link
including differnt keycolors and so on -.-

I already have the Das Ultimate; I'm looking for a plastic cover for the keys, to keep away dust and such when not in use. I know there are soft plastic types, but I saw a couple random pics of formed plastic in the shape of a keyboard layout that covered the keyboard. I'm trying to find that.

I'll try to look for a picture later to show what I'm talking about. Here we go, the thing above the keyboard:

[image loading]



where to get those keycaps!!!!!


WASD keyboards

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/individual-custom-keycaps.html

you can customize each individual key? with the letters in front of the key rather than the top, etc?
skyR
Profile Joined July 2009
Canada13817 Posts
March 02 2012 06:53 GMT
#1979
Yes, you can do that.
byFd
Profile Joined May 2006
Germany620 Posts
March 02 2012 10:09 GMT
#1980
i don't think wasd supports side printing, neither do they have that colors...
(>°_°)>
Prev 1 97 98 99 100 101 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 668
IntoTheiNu 619
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 90
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
Codebar 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42414
Jaedong 1427
Hyuk 822
Soma 734
Mini 463
BeSt 459
Larva 352
Rush 293
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
hero 97
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 45
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 21
Shine 19
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1334
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin350
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3327
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1769
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli470
ceh9377
B2W.Neo376
KnowMe120
QueenE93
Trikslyr35
Chillindude24
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• Nemesis2358
• TFBlade1111
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur337
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
Stellar Fest
19h 36m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.