• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9458 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 98

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 383 Next
bbQ4Aiur
Profile Joined March 2011
Hong Kong2752 Posts
February 27 2012 10:28 GMT
#1941
I just bought a Thermaltake Meka ( The smaller one, similar to Meka G1 ), i think its great, just need to get used to its F1-F10 positions cause its sightly to the left compared to ordinary keyboard.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 10:49:44
February 27 2012 10:33 GMT
#1942
On February 26 2012 17:08 Blisse wrote:

That's just because the SteelSeries keyboards are bad mechanicals, not because they're gaming, though that might be a reason since they thought they could get away with "optimizing it for gamers."

Blacks and Reds are the best for pure gaming. If you're half gaming and half typing, go for Blues or Browns. Blues are for typists more than Browns. Browns are basically halfway.

There are plenty of other options. Look here. Also consider importing some better ones from the States or overseas, though that'll push your budget if you have one.


The SteelSeries 6gv2 may be a "bad mechanical" keyboard if you want to compare with a lot of the better ones produced by other brands. You have to consider for the price they set, it is already good. If you want to go for higher end mechanical keyboards you'll have to spend more for better quality, and in some cases, for better design.

Each mechanical switch has it's own design and function. Whichever switch is used "purely for gaming" or "purely for typing" or "half and half" is ultimately up to personal preferences.
-Blacks and reds are supposedly the best for gaming because of its linear design that makes it more suitable for double tapping.
-Blues are better for typing because of the nice tactile feeling, with resistance suitable for long-term typing, and the click
-Browns are tactile also but without the click, which is why it is considered to be in between blue and black switches.

After getting used to the switch it doesn't matter if you're using it for gaming or for typing. I'm using a mech keyboard with black switches simply because I like it. I own another mech keyboard with blue switches, and I take it out to use every now because I just feel like it. I can use both keyboards for typing and for gaming, so it's all up to personal preferences.
shArklight
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Singapore160 Posts
February 27 2012 13:35 GMT
#1943
So I finally bought into the mechanical key board hype and got myself a CM Storm Rapid Fire with MX Blues (because I loved the sound of the clicking). Went through 2 days worth of assignments and SC2 and was thinking 'meh' no big deal, it sounds good...that's about it, didn't see how much of a diference it made to my typing or gaming for that matter.

...unitl today I went to school typing notes on my laptop and...it felt like crap. Every key press felt completely hideous on my laptop after 2 days of mechanical heaven. I am officially a convert <3
Happiness is never grand.
zere
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany1287 Posts
February 27 2012 14:17 GMT
#1944
for the modders out there, 7bit is still taking orders for plate-mounted switches for the phantom group buy (Blacks, Whites, Clears, Browns, Blues, Reds, Greens, and Greys) until tomorrow
ModeratorWenn ich einmal traurig bin, dann trink' ich einen Korn. Wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann trink' ich noch 'nen Korn. Und wenn ich dann noch traurig bin, dann fang' ich an von vorn!
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
February 27 2012 16:38 GMT
#1945
On February 27 2012 22:35 shArklight wrote:
So I finally bought into the mechanical key board hype and got myself a CM Storm Rapid Fire with MX Blues (because I loved the sound of the clicking). Went through 2 days worth of assignments and SC2 and was thinking 'meh' no big deal, it sounds good...that's about it, didn't see how much of a diference it made to my typing or gaming for that matter.

...unitl today I went to school typing notes on my laptop and...it felt like crap. Every key press felt completely hideous on my laptop after 2 days of mechanical heaven. I am officially a convert <3


I know how that feels dude Other keyboards that aren't mechanical keyboards that I use outside home just feel so bad to type on.
yvay
Profile Joined June 2011
5 Posts
February 27 2012 17:10 GMT
#1946
On February 27 2012 19:13 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 26 2012 08:38 Tryxt wrote:
Hey guys,

Debating between the Steelseries 6gv2 and the Thermaltake Meka G1 currently. First mechanical keyboard for myself, and not even sure if the cherry mx blacks are the way to go for me to be honest, but they've both received great reviews so I thought I'd pick one of them up. I've heard the G1 is superior to the 6gv2, but I wanted a few more opinions on it, along with whether it is truly worth the $35 difference. Anyone have any take on that?

Lastly, the final option would be a Coolermaster CM Storm QuickFire. However, I can only get one in mx blues around Vancouver. Any advice would be great!

[...]
Both keyboards have the left windows key replaced with a function key for the multimedia buttons, though I don't know if they can, by default, be mapped to be used as a windows key.
[...]

It cannot be mapped on 6gv2.
RaiD.RaynoR
Profile Joined February 2012
United States294 Posts
February 27 2012 17:33 GMT
#1947
I got a DAS ultimate recently and I just can't get enough of it!
Redemption is the consequence of forgiveness
shalafi
Profile Joined July 2008
394 Posts
February 27 2012 23:17 GMT
#1948
getdigital.de is getting stock of Das Keyboards in the near future, I plan to grab an Ultimate Silent, after over a month of wait.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 27 2012 23:24 GMT
#1949
On February 27 2012 23:17 zere wrote:
for the modders out there, 7bit is still taking orders for plate-mounted switches for the phantom group buy (Blacks, Whites, Clears, Browns, Blues, Reds, Greens, and Greys) until tomorrow


I'm gonna add to the OP, even though group buys are pretty random.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
itsjustatank
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Hong Kong9179 Posts
February 28 2012 01:47 GMT
#1950
My Unicomp Ultra Classic buckling spring keyboard just arrived in the mail today:

[image loading]

I must say, I'm really pleased with it so far. Feels exactly like the Model M upon which I learned how to play Brood War many years ago, just with a lower-footprint casing.
Photographer"nosotros estamos backamos" - setsuko
zoohairZ
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada254 Posts
February 29 2012 04:41 GMT
#1951
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
February 29 2012 05:00 GMT
#1952
On February 29 2012 13:41 -zoohairz- wrote:
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful


Leopolds and Filcos come in white, whether it is the white you are looking for or more of a cream colour Im not sure.

As for where to buy them, im not really sure. Elitekeyboards sell white leopolds.
QQNoRE
Profile Joined July 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-29 05:14:31
February 29 2012 05:14 GMT
#1953
I love my Filco tenkeyless with cherry mx browns!
zoohairZ
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada254 Posts
February 29 2012 05:38 GMT
#1954
On February 29 2012 14:00 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 13:41 -zoohairz- wrote:
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful


Leopolds and Filcos come in white, whether it is the white you are looking for or more of a cream colour Im not sure.

As for where to buy them, im not really sure. Elitekeyboards sell white leopolds.


hey thanks dood, but i forgot to mention i would prefer a full-size keyboard not tenkeyless :p sorry about that XD
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
February 29 2012 05:48 GMT
#1955
On February 29 2012 14:38 -zoohairz- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 29 2012 14:00 Blaec wrote:
On February 29 2012 13:41 -zoohairz- wrote:
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful


Leopolds and Filcos come in white, whether it is the white you are looking for or more of a cream colour Im not sure.

As for where to buy them, im not really sure. Elitekeyboards sell white leopolds.


hey thanks dood, but i forgot to mention i would prefer a full-size keyboard not tenkeyless :p sorry about that XD


I don't think you'll find a pearl white keyboard, just the old-school off-white boards. However, u can purchase any keyboard u like and add pure white keycaps from wasdkeyboards.com or the qtan5370 market.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
vanatir
Profile Joined May 2008
Germany355 Posts
February 29 2012 08:38 GMT
#1956
does anyone know if the "Ducky Shine Keyboard - DK9008S - ABS Brown, White LED" link
is also available in a DE layout?
its the only one i saw with backlight, brown switches, media keys and no tankeyless besides the expansive qpad version -.-
aka EnjoYmE - streaming on http://www.twitch.tv/myprobe
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
February 29 2012 08:49 GMT
#1957
On February 29 2012 17:38 EnjoYmE wrote:
does anyone know if the "Ducky Shine Keyboard - DK9008S - ABS Brown, White LED" link
is also available in a DE layout?
its the only one i saw with backlight, brown switches, media keys and no tankeyless besides the expansive qpad version -.-

negative.
Blind
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States2529 Posts
February 29 2012 09:53 GMT
#1958
Are Filco's going for around $150 nowadays? I haven't checked them in a while, but I remember them being a little bit cheaper back when they were available at elitekeyboards (it might have been around $120 back then).

I'm thinking of getting Filco with brown switches from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005JC4OZG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A104717BI2VJF7

I have some amazon gift credit, so I'll probably end up buying it from here instead of some other store unless it is cheap enough elsewhere to make it worth spending actual money rather than gift card money. Thoughts? Is it cheaper anywhere else or is $150 about normal for Filco's now?
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
February 29 2012 14:58 GMT
#1959
On February 29 2012 13:41 -zoohairz- wrote:
Sup TL,

I'm looking for a WHITE mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Brown switches. Not like retro, grey-ish white, but PAPER white.. I have no idea where to start looking although i did a quick google/TL search and couldn't find much that led me to an actual place where I could purchase one just a few pics of some. I'm hoping you guys can help me out and possibly link me to a place where I can purchase one? <3 Would be very helpful


Ever considered a Cherry mechanical keyboard?
sPlosH
Profile Joined September 2011
20 Posts
February 29 2012 17:31 GMT
#1960
the link for the Ducky G2 OCN Edition PBT Keycaps MX Brown seems to be broken?? says page doesnt exist.
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 668
IntoTheiNu 619
SteadfastSC477
Rex98
CosmosSc2 63
EnkiAlexander 51
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 477
Rex 98
UpATreeSC 90
CosmosSc2 63
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 15
Codebar 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42414
Jaedong 1427
Hyuk 822
Soma 734
Mini 463
BeSt 459
Larva 352
Rush 293
Soulkey 253
ZerO 234
[ Show more ]
Snow 167
hero 97
Dewaltoss 76
Liquid`Ret 53
Mind 45
sorry 31
yabsab 29
Killer 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 21
Rock 21
Shine 19
Trap 16
Dota 2
qojqva1334
Dendi832
Counter-Strike
Fnx 738
x6flipin350
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King103
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3327
crisheroes2358
Khaldor1777
Liquid`Hasu444
Other Games
singsing1769
ArmadaUGS1692
byalli470
ceh9377
B2W.Neo376
KnowMe120
QueenE93
Trikslyr35
Chillindude24
Railgan22
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• Adnapsc2 6
• Kozan
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• FirePhoenix11
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3473
League of Legends
• Nemesis2358
• TFBlade1111
Other Games
• imaqtpie643
• Shiphtur337
• WagamamaTV226
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 36m
OSC
19h 36m
Stellar Fest
19h 36m
OSC
1d 6h
Stellar Fest
1d 19h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.