• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:43
CEST 20:43
KST 03:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8254 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 78

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 383 Next
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 19 2012 19:14 GMT
#1541
On January 20 2012 01:04 decaf wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2012 18:44 ZenithM wrote:
On January 19 2012 18:20 decaf wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a keyboard with either blue or brown switches. I have no chance to try out the brown ones though, but I think they're a tradeoff between typing and gaming. What do you guys think about blue switches? Are they acceptable for gaming as well or would they hinder me playing? I'm asking, because there have been people complaining about double-tapping with blue switches. The keyboard I will probably choose is the das keyboard model s professional de.


I don't like blue for gaming at all (but I don't like them that much for typing either ;D). Double tapping is definitely harder to to with blue. My guess is:
If it's your first mechanical, you'll probably satisfied anyway. But if you tried them both, you would probably prefer browns, at least for gaming. It's all a matter of preference, but I would advise you to go for browns, they're great for typing too. If you like the clickety-click and the "typewriter" feel, blues are for you.

Hmm, so blue switches are not what I'm looking for I guess. What about brown vs red?

depends, browns and reds are preffered for typing, and most people who have reds would recommend them for gaming as well. Browns are good for typing and most people would recommend them for gaming as well. So really the choice is do you have a heavier switch or a lighter switch? Browns are roughly 55g force actuation, ghetto browns are 45g. Reds are 45g actuation. I have 2 keyboards with reds and both are fine for gaming at least for me. if you like the tactile without the clicky then browns are for you, but if you dont like tactile and clicky then its reds. Plus reds with o-rings are super super silent when bottoming out. if your a touchtyper then you wouldn't need these in the first place.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 23:14:07
January 19 2012 23:07 GMT
#1542
Just a question.

Are black switches quieter than browns? And are reds the quietest I can get?

I'm thinking of getting either the tt meka g1 or the corsair k60 as an extra keyboard to have when people are around me who will find my filco majestouch ninja tenkeyless (with browns) too loud.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
DjRetro
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Chile309 Posts
January 19 2012 23:21 GMT
#1543
Linear switches (black, red) are the quieter ones. There's no difference between reds and blacks in sound terms. In your case, i would choose corsair k60 simply because it has red switch which is nicer to type on.
SpaceSynth-ItaloDisco-HiNRG http://www.radiostaddenhaag.com/
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-19 23:39:43
January 19 2012 23:33 GMT
#1544
You can always get a topre board if you like to pay a fortune for a more silent keyboard.

Another alternative is sites like http://www.wasdkeyboards.com that offers the option to add switch dampeners to the keyboards. Others will have to speak for how effective and functional it is but it might be an option. The boards themselves is pretty good if you want custom keys.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 20 2012 00:12 GMT
#1545
On January 20 2012 08:33 nihlon wrote:
You can always get a topre board if you like to pay a fortune for a more silent keyboard.

Another alternative is sites like http://www.wasdkeyboards.com that offers the option to add switch dampeners to the keyboards. Others will have to speak for how effective and functional it is but it might be an option. The boards themselves is pretty good if you want custom keys.


Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd prefer to grab something available locally xD (shipping fees and going through customs can be a bitch around here).

I'll look into the K60 then I guess.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
January 20 2012 00:26 GMT
#1546
On January 20 2012 09:12 rebdomine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 08:33 nihlon wrote:
You can always get a topre board if you like to pay a fortune for a more silent keyboard.

Another alternative is sites like http://www.wasdkeyboards.com that offers the option to add switch dampeners to the keyboards. Others will have to speak for how effective and functional it is but it might be an option. The boards themselves is pretty good if you want custom keys.


Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd prefer to grab something available locally xD (shipping fees and going through customs can be a bitch around here).

I'll look into the K60 then I guess.


Sounds reasonable, I just assumed you were from the states. Another option could be to just order the dampeners seperately and install them on a cherry switch board yourself:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html
If you aren't bottoming out when you type it's probably not worth the trouble though. Happy hunting.
Banelings are too cute to blow up
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 02:25:21
January 20 2012 00:44 GMT
#1547
On January 20 2012 09:26 nihlon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 09:12 rebdomine wrote:
On January 20 2012 08:33 nihlon wrote:
You can always get a topre board if you like to pay a fortune for a more silent keyboard.

Another alternative is sites like http://www.wasdkeyboards.com that offers the option to add switch dampeners to the keyboards. Others will have to speak for how effective and functional it is but it might be an option. The boards themselves is pretty good if you want custom keys.


Thanks for the suggestion, but I'd prefer to grab something available locally xD (shipping fees and going through customs can be a bitch around here).

I'll look into the K60 then I guess.


Sounds reasonable, I just assumed you were from the states. Another option could be to just order the dampeners seperately and install them on a cherry switch board yourself:
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/cherry-mx-rubber-switch-dampeners.html
If you aren't bottoming out when you type it's probably not worth the trouble though. Happy hunting.


This is intriguing. Much cheaper than buying another keyboard altogether lol. This should quiet down the clacking sounds my keyboard makes when I game. xD

EDIT: Just read that the K60 isn't fully mechanical and that the function keys are actually rubber dome? Pretty much a turn-off for me as I use the F keys a lot (even moreso in BW than in SC2)
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
~Maverick~
Profile Joined July 2010
United States234 Posts
January 20 2012 04:08 GMT
#1548
I just got my WASD V1 Custom with red switches today, it is very nice and I recommend it highly! I still have to get a little used to it for Starcraft playing, but I can definitely feel a huge difference with the amount of force I have to use to press the keys compared to my old (rubber dome) keyboard.
#roadto5kmmr
biaxiong
Profile Joined March 2011
United States180 Posts
January 20 2012 05:17 GMT
#1549
Right now you can get a Razer Blackwidow at Dell.com for 63.99 + tax with free shipping. Code Expires 1/26

http://tinyurl.com/7qwgeqr

Coupon Code: PL61TJKB5FJK0V
WhiteRa: More GG, more skill.
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 07:29:14
January 20 2012 07:28 GMT
#1550
On January 20 2012 04:08 denkan112 wrote:
Going to order a Qpad mk-80 with brown switches :D


-nvm-
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
Thylacine
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden882 Posts
January 20 2012 08:20 GMT
#1551


-nvm-


??
What you're looking at could be the end of a particularly terrifying nightmare. It isn't. It's the beginning. Introducing Mr. John Valentine, air traveler. His destination: the Twilight Zone...
VTArlock
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1763 Posts
January 20 2012 16:39 GMT
#1552
Good until 1/28/12 Razer BlackWidow for $64

http://dealnews.com/Razer-Black-Widow-Mechanical-USB-Keyboard-for-64-free-shipping/540711.html
Why?
sCnDiamond
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany340 Posts
January 20 2012 17:38 GMT
#1553
On January 20 2012 04:08 denkan112 wrote:
Going to order a Qpad mk-80 with brown switches :D

I've got a MK-85 with brown switches. It's a phenomal keyboard, you're gonna love it!
formerly spinnaker.
jwcdis
Profile Joined January 2012
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-20 22:17:47
January 20 2012 22:14 GMT
#1554
On January 17 2012 18:30 Skillver wrote:
Can anybody tell me if the Corsair Vengeance K60 or the Tt esports meka is a good keyboard?


Corsair K60 is terrible for Starcraft II. I'm sorry I wanted to love that keyboard so much but it failed.
The main reason for me is the Esc key being dome switch (non-mechanical).

Cancelling production/buildings/halting are a pain in the ass because I hit the esc key and it misses the press. probably because the key actuation force is much different between the mechanical and non-mechanical area. Consider that keyboard for fps only.


I also own the Meka and its a very good keyboard if you can get it for 60 or less. The keyboard layout is a little odd and will take sometime to get used. Luckily the funky layout will only affect typing rather than gaming.
Avean
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Norway449 Posts
January 20 2012 22:26 GMT
#1555
Meka funky layout ? What are you talking about. Its using a standard key setup except function buttons on the top.
If you want to talk about funky layout you should rather talk about Blackwidow who has its function keys on the left, which will screw up your natural typing. Fn button is where the CTRL button should be, every normal key is positioned more to the right than it should be. So it takes more getting used to.
krun
Profile Joined August 2011
23 Posts
January 20 2012 23:07 GMT
#1556
meka=/=meka g1
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 21 2012 02:26 GMT
#1557
On January 21 2012 01:39 VTArlock wrote:
Good until 1/28/12 Razer BlackWidow for $64

http://dealnews.com/Razer-Black-Widow-Mechanical-USB-Keyboard-for-64-free-shipping/540711.html

its a good deal, but you can get better quality keyboards for that price. I would even go as far in saying an Adesso keyboard is better than blackwidow. My ducky w/ green alps is far superior to the BW in every way and its only $68 w/ shipping
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
January 21 2012 05:05 GMT
#1558
Meka G1 or Mionix Zibal 60?

Which of these is the better pick?
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 21 2012 06:45 GMT
#1559
On January 21 2012 14:05 rebdomine wrote:
Meka G1 or Mionix Zibal 60?

Which of these is the better pick?

well are these your only choices? Never really seen reviews or anything else on the Mionix Zibal so I wouldnt be able to say much. But the meka g1 isnt backlit so I don't know what you would want. Meka g1 I would compare to a g6v2, they are same price, roughly same build quality (not saying much for the g6v2). I would pick the meka just because there's a lot more reviews on it and most of them are positive.

Right now for Backlits there is a limited market. But If you want a backlit I would recommend a Ducky Shine seeing as their company is trusted by people who buy keyboards, plus they build quality is solid throughout all their boards. Not saying the Mionix isn't good, just a name I really haven't heard of.

If you want boards in the same price range as the meka there are RK-9000, Leopold, Ducky 1008 are the best boards $100 price tag atm.
d00p
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
711 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-21 11:24:23
January 21 2012 11:22 GMT
#1560
Quick question:

I have the Steelseries 6Gv2. Can I use keys made for a Filco with it? Are keys interchangeable between differend brands? I know the Filco has different enter and shift keys. But were talking about WASD and ESC here.

I was looking at these:
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1238/filco-blue-wasd-keys
also
http://www.silentrig.com/product/1240/filco-red-esc-keycap

edit. according to geekhack these keycaps are a go, so nwm.
Prev 1 76 77 78 79 80 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM894
TKL 389
TaKeTV 347
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.