• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:05
CEST 07:05
KST 14:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10191 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 79

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 383 Next
Wolfik
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland56 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-21 12:43:47
January 21 2012 12:35 GMT
#1561
Hi there,
I found two korean online shops with Leopold - mx browns.

http://translate.google.pl/translate?hl=pl&sl=ko&tl=en&u=http://www.pcgear.co.kr/shop/item.php?it_id=1302076215

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=pl&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.pl&sl=ko&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.iomania.co.kr/frontstore/Item/item_zoom.asp?item_num=1461&catalog_num=103897&mart_id=iomall&level=yes&mother_catalog_num=103895&usg=ALkJrhhZVm86yMbMSsP7lzw4zuHIB9Dz1g

I believe these are brown swithes, but correct me if I am mistaken.

I need someone who knows a bit of Korean to confirm the switch type. Moreover I am only interested with English keycaps, not Korean/Chinese/Japanese, I need help with this too. AFAIK these stores do shipp to international destinations. As I am from Poland it's a key for me. I also need some help with it.
I'm very excited about this , because it's not much for Leopold keyboards. Google says it's ~$90.
Can anyone provide any hints ? It's really important for me
maoiste
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany20 Posts
January 21 2012 13:12 GMT
#1562
why dont you just buy leopolds at http://www.elitekeyboards.com/ ???
Wolfik
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland56 Posts
January 21 2012 13:31 GMT
#1563
Because shipping to Poland is ridiculously high $109 for keyboard (whis is not even in stock) + $56 for shipping. Don't you think it's not worth the cost ?
Mackem
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom470 Posts
January 21 2012 13:40 GMT
#1564
Wolfik, I suggest you check out the Geekhack and Deskthority forums. There is many Europeans on these forums and I am sure one of them can help point you in the right direction. Someone on there may even sell you a spare keyboard. Good luck!
Do you need a pole? I ask because your logical leaps are becoming logical vaults and your mental gymnastics are Olympic standard.
Wolfik
Profile Joined April 2011
Poland56 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-21 14:35:07
January 21 2012 14:01 GMT
#1565
On January 21 2012 22:40 Mackem wrote:
Wolfik, I suggest you check out the Geekhack and Deskthority forums. There is many Europeans on these forums and I am sure one of them can help point you in the right direction. Someone on there may even sell you a spare keyboard. Good luck!


I've been posting on Geekhack for a few days now and mailing many reseller but very few of them replyed. For most part they just don't ship keyboards to Europe. I know that PCgear.co.kr and Iomania.co.kr can ship parcels around the world. What I need is a small guidance how to order a board form these sites. I only need to have the switch type and shipping confirmed. I cannot do this by myseld as I don't know Korean at all.


#edit.
Maybe there is any Korean who is speaking English and wants to help with this ? It requires taking a few screenshots and writing a few lines of translated text. Of course I used google translate but it doesn't translate *.jpgs.
RtS-Schism
Profile Joined August 2010
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-22 18:26:44
January 22 2012 18:26 GMT
#1566
Just recently purchased a Leopold with black switches.

It's a really great keyboard. I don't prefer the detachable USB cable. There was some issues where the keyboard would disconnect from windows during the game and I had to ensure that it was tightly inserted and elevated the cord slightly and I haven't had the issue since.

I have a leopold with blacks, filco ten-keyless with blues, and Das with browns.

From my experiences with each board if you are looking to get a great mechanical keyboard and you're unsure of what to get, purchase a filco 104 with browns. If you get the ten-keyless and have to do anything for work/school you will miss the keypad. The brown switches probably are the best overall. Blues are ok but they feel a little plasticy to me. Blacks are fine for me because I bottom out on each keystroke -- but browns meet all the needs.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 23 2012 02:47 GMT
#1567
On January 21 2012 23:01 Wolfik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 21 2012 22:40 Mackem wrote:
Wolfik, I suggest you check out the Geekhack and Deskthority forums. There is many Europeans on these forums and I am sure one of them can help point you in the right direction. Someone on there may even sell you a spare keyboard. Good luck!


I've been posting on Geekhack for a few days now and mailing many reseller but very few of them replyed. For most part they just don't ship keyboards to Europe. I know that PCgear.co.kr and Iomania.co.kr can ship parcels around the world. What I need is a small guidance how to order a board form these sites. I only need to have the switch type and shipping confirmed. I cannot do this by myseld as I don't know Korean at all.


#edit.
Maybe there is any Korean who is speaking English and wants to help with this ? It requires taking a few screenshots and writing a few lines of translated text. Of course I used google translate but it doesn't translate *.jpgs.

alot of the korean website usually don't ship outside korea. http://global.pchome.com.tw/ has $20 shipping to Europe. They don't sell leopolds but have several otherbrands that are equal in quality. Or you can order from keyboardco.com which has a wide variety of filcos
Murkinlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States366 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 03:57:42
January 23 2012 03:52 GMT
#1568
Is there a such thing as a budget mechanical keyboard? ~$80?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162013

This one's 70 after the rebate,not mechanical has anybody used it? Is a mechanical gonna be significantly better? From what I've read I think I'd prefer red switches.
Ratchets, designer jackets
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
January 23 2012 03:54 GMT
#1569
On January 23 2012 12:52 Murkinlol wrote:
Is there a such thing as a budget mechanical keyboard? ~$80?

there are a lot of sites that have cm storms with under that if you get a promotion.
go to geekhack and check the great deals forum, people always post deals there.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 04:26:36
January 23 2012 04:25 GMT
#1570
On January 23 2012 12:52 Murkinlol wrote:
Is there a such thing as a budget mechanical keyboard? ~$80?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162013

This one's 70 after the rebate,not mechanical has anybody used it? Is a mechanical gonna be significantly better? From what I've read I think I'd prefer red switches.


I would consider the Cherry brand boards budget boards. They aren't as well made as the other brands, even though they make the switches. If u want to save money, focus on small form factor layouts: 80%s and tenkyeless.

The board u linked is not mechanical.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Murkinlol
Profile Joined August 2010
United States366 Posts
January 23 2012 04:37 GMT
#1571
Actually I think I'll take advantage of the black widow deal. It's my first mechanical, so I'm sure I'll love whatever I get.
Ratchets, designer jackets
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 23 2012 06:00 GMT
#1572
On January 23 2012 12:52 Murkinlol wrote:
Is there a such thing as a budget mechanical keyboard? ~$80?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162013

This one's 70 after the rebate,not mechanical has anybody used it? Is a mechanical gonna be significantly better? From what I've read I think I'd prefer red switches.

ducky 1087's are usually $80. Noppoo Choc mini's are roughly $80 depending on switch type. as for gaming switches don't matter for the casual player. Rubberdome and mechanical I will play cs the same on both, or playing an mmo doesnt really matter. sc2 you might hear ppl say theres a difference just depends on how responsive or if you like pressing multiple keys at once and you want the ability to have all the keys that you press register. Reds are good for someone getting their first mechanical keyboard. Just depends on what you want to spend. I enjoy typing on reds and gaming on reds more than blues and blacks. So honostly when it comes to switch type you literally should just get it and if you like it great, if you don't then w/e return it and get another switch type. the only downside to reds is they are usually $99 and up for full sized board, and you might be able to find a noppoo for $90 and up.

Best red switch tenkeyless board under $90 if you like compact
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noppoo-Mini-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard-Cherry-MX-RED-/300591356737?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item45fca41b41

Best Full sized $99
RK-9000RE
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823201044
Leopold FC 500r
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rrab

Backlit $150 and under
Noppoo Choc Pro
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noppoo-PRO-Mechanical-keyboard-Cherry-MX-RED-Switches-Red-LED-/290640334994?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43ab839092

Ducky Shine comes in Blue/Green/White backlights.
http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_list&c=117
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10085 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 06:24:57
January 23 2012 06:17 GMT
#1573
On January 23 2012 12:52 Murkinlol wrote:
Is there a such thing as a budget mechanical keyboard? ~$80?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823162013

This one's 70 after the rebate,not mechanical has anybody used it? Is a mechanical gonna be significantly better? From what I've read I think I'd prefer red switches.



if u wanna go with a choc mini itll come out to around 100-120$, shipping included

noppoo blue switchs for 80$ + 20$ shipping, excellent buy for a first mechanical keyboard.. if possible id stay away from the blackwidow, just add an extre 20-30$ and buy something thats worth the money

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Noppoo-Choc-Mini-Mechanical-Gaming-keyboard-Cherry-MX-BLUE-NKRO-/290650224772?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item43ac1a7884

edit: u should also take a look at qtan's inventory, hes a very reliable seller
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/category/__http_host=www.vendio.com/catId=3982936
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Misanthrope
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States924 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-23 10:39:50
January 23 2012 10:37 GMT
#1574
So what exactly is the difference between the Ducky 9008 w/ browns, and the Ducky 1008 w/ browns? Tank Guys' descriptions aren't very...descriptive.

EDIT: Links to the two models I'm asking about:
9008: http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keyboards/ducky-keyboard-mx-overclock-net-edition-brown-abs.html
1008: http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keyboards/ducky-keyboard-mx-overclock-net-edition-brown-abs-1.html
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. - Benjamin Franklin
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
January 23 2012 11:27 GMT
#1575
I've read that the 9000 series have better quality for the price than the 1000 series but I don't really remember the exact differences. Maybe ask at geekhack if you don't get any answers here.
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
January 23 2012 12:06 GMT
#1576
Did a lot of reading the past few hours. I think either black(6gv2) or red(rk-9000re or leopold FC 500r) is for me. Honestly I think if I went black I wouldn't mind the actuation force because I bottom out my current keys anyway. I'm just unsure how much this would affect my typing dexterity from changing from a rubberdome. In which case red switches sound appealing too, but they're also more expensive than the 6gv2. The multimedia function on the 6gv2 is a big plus to me. Are there any cons to the 6gv2 that I should be aware about? Can anyone give a comparison between the Rosewill and Leopold? What would be the order of preference between the 3 that I should buy?
ô¿ô
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 23 2012 12:24 GMT
#1577
On January 23 2012 21:06 R04R wrote:
Did a lot of reading the past few hours. I think either black(6gv2) or red(rk-9000re or leopold FC 500r) is for me. Honestly I think if I went black I wouldn't mind the actuation force because I bottom out my current keys anyway. I'm just unsure how much this would affect my typing dexterity from changing from a rubberdome. In which case red switches sound appealing too, but they're also more expensive than the 6gv2. The multimedia function on the 6gv2 is a big plus to me. Are there any cons to the 6gv2 that I should be aware about? Can anyone give a comparison between the Rosewill and Leopold? What would be the order of preference between the 3 that I should buy?


The 6gv2 has a slightly non-standard layout, some people don't like this. It also limits your options if you want to get a new set of keycaps (either to look cool: WASD, or get better quality plastic caps).

If neither of these things bother your then 6gv2 should be ok. Imo you shouldn't have any problem with the black switches if you are used to rubber domes.

Rosewill and Leopold are basically the same in quality (6gv2 is seen to be slightly lower, but nothing to worry about). They do have different stabilisers though, so the large keys will feel different (the rosewill ones are usually argued to be better).

Which should you get? Depends on the price you can get for them and which switch you want.
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 24 2012 00:13 GMT
#1578
I've come to the conclusion that I want a mech keyboard with brown switches after looking though the OP, and I'm liking the look of the Zowie Celeritas, MX Brown linked as a recommendation, but since I'm from Canada it would be about $130 not including taxes, and I'm on kind of a budget. I'm definitely willing to look at other boards, but does anyone have any recommendations for brown switch budget keyboard? I'm trying to keep it <$120 included shipping to Canada.
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
kaifragrance
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada50 Posts
January 24 2012 00:23 GMT
#1579
hi, I messed up my left shift key. I was wondering if I could (myself) change the keyswitch with another key's from the same keyboard.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 24 2012 00:32 GMT
#1580
On January 24 2012 09:23 kaifragrance wrote:
hi, I messed up my left shift key. I was wondering if I could (myself) change the keyswitch with another key's from the same keyboard.

you mean solder a new keyswitch or just the shift keycap?

On January 24 2012 09:13 Grobyc wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that I want a mech keyboard with brown switches after looking though the OP, and I'm liking the look of the Zowie Celeritas, MX Brown linked as a recommendation, but since I'm from Canada it would be about $130 not including taxes, and I'm on kind of a budget. I'm definitely willing to look at other boards, but does anyone have any recommendations for brown switch budget keyboard? I'm trying to keep it <$120 included shipping to Canada.


rk-9000br is sold @ newegg. Roughly $100 canadian.
Prev 1 77 78 79 80 81 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings128
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 180
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 249
BeSt 214
sorry 39
Mind 29
Bale 18
Terrorterran 16
ZergMaN 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever991
League of Legends
JimRising 702
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King142
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde189
RuFF_SC2125
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick485
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• Hupsaiya 124
• practicex 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2116
League of Legends
• Rush1072
• Stunt313
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 55m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 55m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.