• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:45
CEST 07:45
KST 14:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon102Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12984 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 80

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 383 Next
kaifragrance
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada50 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 00:41:28
January 24 2012 00:38 GMT
#1581
On January 24 2012 09:32 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:23 kaifragrance wrote:
hi, I messed up my left shift key. I was wondering if I could (myself) change the keyswitch with another key's from the same keyboard.

you mean solder a new keyswitch or just the shift keycap?


The keycap is fine. My left shit key isn't clicking anymore, but it's working fine now. (miraculously)
I had to use the right shift key to type my previous post. ):

edit: To be more clear, I'd like to switch the scroll lock keyswitch (which I never use) for the shift key.
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 24 2012 00:39 GMT
#1582
On January 23 2012 19:37 Misanthrope wrote:
So what exactly is the difference between the Ducky 9008 w/ browns, and the Ducky 1008 w/ browns? Tank Guys' descriptions aren't very...descriptive.

EDIT: Links to the two models I'm asking about:
9008: http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keyboards/ducky-keyboard-mx-overclock-net-edition-brown-abs.html
1008: http://www.tankguys.com/mechnical-keyboards/ducky-keyboard-mx-overclock-net-edition-brown-abs-1.html


The 9 series is the updated version of the 1 series. There was an earlier 9000 and then the 9008 Gen. 2, which has macros and LEDs for your Lock keys. The 9 series is a little better build, but if you can get a deal on the 1000 series, don't hestiate to jump at getting one. The casing of the 9 series is suppossed to be sturdier.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Grobyc
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Canada18410 Posts
January 24 2012 00:47 GMT
#1583
On January 24 2012 09:32 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:23 kaifragrance wrote:
hi, I messed up my left shift key. I was wondering if I could (myself) change the keyswitch with another key's from the same keyboard.

you mean solder a new keyswitch or just the shift keycap?

Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:13 Grobyc wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that I want a mech keyboard with brown switches after looking though the OP, and I'm liking the look of the Zowie Celeritas, MX Brown linked as a recommendation, but since I'm from Canada it would be about $130 not including taxes, and I'm on kind of a budget. I'm definitely willing to look at other boards, but does anyone have any recommendations for brown switch budget keyboard? I'm trying to keep it <$120 included shipping to Canada.


rk-9000br is sold @ newegg. Roughly $100 canadian.

Awesome, thanks a lot! $109.99 on newegg.ca with <$10 shipping. With taxes it came to $132.xx, but that's not a huge deal. I also love the EXACT key placement too. Was looking for one like this that didn't have the oversized enter key and moved \ key. Perfect <3
If you watch Godzilla backwards it's about a benevolent lizard who helps rebuild a city and then moonwalks into the ocean.
R04R
Profile Joined March 2009
United States1631 Posts
January 24 2012 01:02 GMT
#1584
On January 23 2012 21:24 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 21:06 R04R wrote:
Did a lot of reading the past few hours. I think either black(6gv2) or red(rk-9000re or leopold FC 500r) is for me. Honestly I think if I went black I wouldn't mind the actuation force because I bottom out my current keys anyway. I'm just unsure how much this would affect my typing dexterity from changing from a rubberdome. In which case red switches sound appealing too, but they're also more expensive than the 6gv2. The multimedia function on the 6gv2 is a big plus to me. Are there any cons to the 6gv2 that I should be aware about? Can anyone give a comparison between the Rosewill and Leopold? What would be the order of preference between the 3 that I should buy?


The 6gv2 has a slightly non-standard layout, some people don't like this. It also limits your options if you want to get a new set of keycaps (either to look cool: WASD, or get better quality plastic caps).

If neither of these things bother your then 6gv2 should be ok. Imo you shouldn't have any problem with the black switches if you are used to rubber domes.

Rosewill and Leopold are basically the same in quality (6gv2 is seen to be slightly lower, but nothing to worry about). They do have different stabilisers though, so the large keys will feel different (the rosewill ones are usually argued to be better).

Which should you get? Depends on the price you can get for them and which switch you want.


9000re price went up to $130 after s&h over the night and leopold is $120. Ended up picking the 6gv2 for $90. Thanks for the help.
ô¿ô
Glockateer
Profile Joined June 2009
United States254 Posts
January 24 2012 03:10 GMT
#1585
CM Storm Quickfire is the best tenkeyless keyboard you can get right now and for $70-80. It is Filco quality for an amazing price. I love it and everyone I've met has loved it, too. It comes with all switches but some are harder to get than others in different countries.
GET SM4SHED
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 24 2012 04:33 GMT
#1586
On January 24 2012 09:38 kaifragrance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2012 09:32 Boblhead wrote:
On January 24 2012 09:23 kaifragrance wrote:
hi, I messed up my left shift key. I was wondering if I could (myself) change the keyswitch with another key's from the same keyboard.

you mean solder a new keyswitch or just the shift keycap?


The keycap is fine. My left shit key isn't clicking anymore, but it's working fine now. (miraculously)
I had to use the right shift key to type my previous post. ):

edit: To be more clear, I'd like to switch the scroll lock keyswitch (which I never use) for the shift key.


unsolder it and replace switch it if you like. Or you can order a single keyswitch off ebay http://stores.ebay.com/Computer-MotherBoard-Parts-Store/_i.html?_fsub=3209391018 I suggest ordering a new one just for the fact I'm not sure if it would have any negative effects on your keyboard and the functionality of it.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 24 2012 04:51 GMT
#1587
On January 24 2012 10:02 R04R wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2012 21:24 Blaec wrote:
On January 23 2012 21:06 R04R wrote:
Did a lot of reading the past few hours. I think either black(6gv2) or red(rk-9000re or leopold FC 500r) is for me. Honestly I think if I went black I wouldn't mind the actuation force because I bottom out my current keys anyway. I'm just unsure how much this would affect my typing dexterity from changing from a rubberdome. In which case red switches sound appealing too, but they're also more expensive than the 6gv2. The multimedia function on the 6gv2 is a big plus to me. Are there any cons to the 6gv2 that I should be aware about? Can anyone give a comparison between the Rosewill and Leopold? What would be the order of preference between the 3 that I should buy?


The 6gv2 has a slightly non-standard layout, some people don't like this. It also limits your options if you want to get a new set of keycaps (either to look cool: WASD, or get better quality plastic caps).

If neither of these things bother your then 6gv2 should be ok. Imo you shouldn't have any problem with the black switches if you are used to rubber domes.

Rosewill and Leopold are basically the same in quality (6gv2 is seen to be slightly lower, but nothing to worry about). They do have different stabilisers though, so the large keys will feel different (the rosewill ones are usually argued to be better).

Which should you get? Depends on the price you can get for them and which switch you want.


9000re price went up to $130 after s&h over the night and leopold is $120. Ended up picking the 6gv2 for $90. Thanks for the help.


Good choice, hope you like it
Hashbaz
Profile Joined July 2010
United States340 Posts
January 24 2012 05:32 GMT
#1588
Those of you that follow the mashup artist Pogo might be interested to know that he apparently just discovered the joy of mechanical keybooards:



"Oh my gad... you've simply got to try one of these. I'm in heaven. daskeyboard.com"
ESPORTS prevails
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 24 2012 05:43 GMT
#1589
On January 24 2012 14:32 Hashbaz wrote:
Those of you that follow the mashup artist Pogo might be interested to know that he apparently just discovered the joy of mechanical keybooards:

https://twitter.com/#!/PogoMix/status/161676570182942720

"Oh my gad... you've simply got to try one of these. I'm in heaven. daskeyboard.com"


Yea, that dude is awesome. Glad to see mechanicals getting more publicity.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10085 Posts
January 24 2012 07:08 GMT
#1590
anyone know where i can find a filco majestouch tenkeyless w/ red switchs?
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Ruyguy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada988 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 07:29:33
January 24 2012 07:28 GMT
#1591
On January 24 2012 16:08 mTwTT1 wrote:
anyone know where i can find a filco majestouch tenkeyless w/ red switchs?

For canada, Leopold is the way to go! http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=special&filter=fullsize
because amazon.ca doesn't sell filcos
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 24 2012 07:39 GMT
#1592
On January 24 2012 16:08 mTwTT1 wrote:
anyone know where i can find a filco majestouch tenkeyless w/ red switchs?

gl they were $280 last time i checked
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 24 2012 08:20 GMT
#1593
On January 24 2012 16:08 mTwTT1 wrote:
anyone know where i can find a filco majestouch tenkeyless w/ red switchs?


Best bet is probably geekhack.org's marketplace for a used one.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10085 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-24 09:04:48
January 24 2012 08:32 GMT
#1594
ok so im debating over buying a brown or red switch board, i like the feel of bottoming out(i hotkey my nexuses individually and i rly like the feel that i get from from double tapping a hotkey whenever i want to switch bases) so i know that i hit the key but i feel like red's are a bit too light for my liking whereas blacks are a bit too heavy, do browns offer the same bottoming out feel as red's/black's? i heard that brown switchs require slightly more force than red switchs
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 24 2012 08:58 GMT
#1595
On January 24 2012 17:32 mTwTT1 wrote:
ok so im debating over buying brown or red switchs, i like the feel of bottoming out(i hotkey my nexuses individually and i rly like the feel that i get from from double tapping a hotkey whenever i want to switch bases) so i know that i hit the key but i feel like red's are a bit too light for my liking whereas blacks are a bit too heavy, do browns offer the same bottoming out feel as red's/black's? i heard that brown switchs require slightly more force than red switchs


If you like double tapping a lot to switch your view very often, I would recommend Reds. Browns definitely require more force, and I feel like you have less control over whether or not you're actually double tapping: with my browns, it happens that I double tap unintentionally, or that it doesn't double tap because you have to fully release the key before bottoming it out again. Red are just pure pleasure to play SC2 with high left hand APM. Just my opinion on this ^^.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10085 Posts
January 24 2012 09:08 GMT
#1596
ah!!! why cant there be a linear switch that has an actuation force in between red's and black's
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 24 2012 09:18 GMT
#1597
On January 24 2012 18:08 mTwTT1 wrote:
ah!!! why cant there be a linear switch that has an actuation force in between red's and black's


If you really want to spend the money, topre switches are the cream of the crop. They are considered to have an even smoother feel than linear MX switches.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10085 Posts
January 24 2012 09:43 GMT
#1598
the degenerate in me is leaning towards the topre, i just HAVE to game on it
fuckfuck too bad i didnt get it while it was on sale
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
shalafi
Profile Joined July 2008
394 Posts
January 24 2012 10:17 GMT
#1599
Hi!

I'm looking to buy a Das Keyboard Ultimate Silent with EU layout, but I can't fin where to buy it. The site that the official page suggests (getdigital.de) won't have stock for another 15-25 days.

Misanthrope
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States924 Posts
January 24 2012 12:33 GMT
#1600
On January 24 2012 18:43 mTwTT1 wrote:
the degenerate in me is leaning towards the topre, i just HAVE to game on it
fuckfuck too bad i didnt get it while it was on sale


No prob bro, just use some o' dat SPONSORSHIP MONAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. - Benjamin Franklin
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings122
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 175
StarCraft: Brood War
soO 417
hero 350
BeSt 251
sorry 60
Mind 33
Terrorterran 26
Bale 22
ZergMaN 13
Noble 9
yabsab 9
[ Show more ]
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1087
League of Legends
JimRising 685
Counter-Strike
taco 391
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King148
Other Games
summit1g9353
Maynarde200
ArmadaUGS31
Livibee15
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick486
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH341
• practicex 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2214
League of Legends
• Rush1303
• Stunt391
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 15m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 15m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 15m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.