• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:42
CEST 20:42
KST 03:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8582 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 77

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 383 Next
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
January 17 2012 20:02 GMT
#1521
On January 18 2012 04:11 Tegin wrote:
Does anyone know why the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is so vague on their switch type? Is it best to just avoid this keyboard? Everywhere I go I get mixed reviews about either how great or how bad this keyboard can be. To my understanding their switches are cherry black..correct me if I'm wrong?

Blackwidows I feel are more for the casuals. If your srs about your gaming I would reccomend for entry level a ducky or rosewill, the leopolds all are currently $99 and under. any of these 3 boards I would recomend to anyone who loves gaming and likes quality things. If you want the backlit there are Ducky Shines $150 and i believe the k90 would be my picks for backlighting. People are usually split on the whole blackwidow as a keyboard and quality. I feel that you either get a decent board that lasts a year or you get a dud that lasts a months. Last Razer product i got lasted about 7 months before the plastic on the headphones started cracking.
l3iRdMaN
Profile Joined February 2004
United States72 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 20:16:46
January 17 2012 20:15 GMT
#1522
I just wanna give some feedback on a keyboard I just purchased. Keep in mind this is only my opinion but if you're looking for a mechanical keyboard with blue switches this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823830002 is a quality board. Das Model S Professional... Awesome board, seems very well put together and I ♥ the blue switches. No problems whatsoever, just keep in mind you'll need 2 open USB ports. It's got some weight to it which is good imo. I bought it on sale for $110, it's now listed at $145.

Edit: Owned the keyboard for about a month
TheLaw
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States172 Posts
January 18 2012 13:54 GMT
#1523
On January 18 2012 05:02 Boblhead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 18 2012 04:11 Tegin wrote:
Does anyone know why the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is so vague on their switch type? Is it best to just avoid this keyboard? Everywhere I go I get mixed reviews about either how great or how bad this keyboard can be. To my understanding their switches are cherry black..correct me if I'm wrong?

Blackwidows I feel are more for the casuals. If your srs about your gaming I would reccomend for entry level a ducky or rosewill, the leopolds all are currently $99 and under. any of these 3 boards I would recomend to anyone who loves gaming and likes quality things. If you want the backlit there are Ducky Shines $150 and i believe the k90 would be my picks for backlighting. People are usually split on the whole blackwidow as a keyboard and quality. I feel that you either get a decent board that lasts a year or you get a dud that lasts a months. Last Razer product i got lasted about 7 months before the plastic on the headphones started cracking.

Is it even possible to get Duckys nowadays?
Cowards die in shame.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 18 2012 14:03 GMT
#1524
One thing I'd like to point out to those who might consider buying the Noppoo Choc Mini. As its name indicates, it's mini, that is to say, very compact. It's not a problem for characters but the Function keys are weirdly placed. If you use location saves a lot in SC2, like me, it may bother you. Otherwise a very good keyboard, I have mine with Red switches, they're really smooth
denkan112
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden15 Posts
January 18 2012 14:16 GMT
#1525
I have heard a lot of bad experiense of Zowie celeritas keyboard, anyone have it and can say what u think about it? Right now I am going to buy qpad mk-80 with brown or zowie celeritas
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
January 18 2012 14:32 GMT
#1526
Dear starcraft 2'ers,

I was looking for a good mechanical keyboard with Cherry Brown switches and came across the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition.

Now, I contacted a dutch razer company and they claimed that said keyboard had been taken out of production, because there was no market for it.

I don't want the regular Black Widow Ultimate, since it is 2kro instead of 6kro and has blue instead of brown switches.

Does any european person have any experience with obtaining an european version of the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition? I'd love to hear alternatives to obtain it anyway.

They do have the stealth edition on the official razer website, though it's down today so I can't confirm it's still purchasable.
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 18 2012 14:43 GMT
#1527
On January 18 2012 23:16 denkan112 wrote:
I have heard a lot of bad experiense of Zowie celeritas keyboard, anyone have it and can say what u think about it? Right now I am going to buy qpad mk-80 with brown or zowie celeritas


Dude, I have the Zowie and I should receive my Qpad mk-50 (which should have the same feel as the mk-80 I think) in about a week. I can tell you how the two compare if you have time to wait ^^.
Otherwise, I have the Noppo Choc Mini, 2 Filco majestouch (blue and brown), a Qsenn DT-35 and a zowie celeritas (yeah I know I'm a bit of a keyboard freak), and I'm mainly using the Celeritas. Great feel. Lighter browns than the filco's. The main problem of this keyboard is the space bar, which, depending on your luck, may stay stuck when you bottom it up. Mine used to do that at the beginning, but I don't know how I manage to fix it, now it's completely fine. I just removed it (the space bar) and put it back on a few times.
denkan112
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden15 Posts
January 18 2012 15:11 GMT
#1528
[B]
Dude, I have the Zowie and I should receive my Qpad mk-50 (which should have the same feel as the mk-80 I think) in about a week. I can tell you how the two compare if you have time to wait ^^.
Otherwise, I have the Noppo Choc Mini, 2 Filco majestouch (blue and brown), a Qsenn DT-35 and a zowie celeritas (yeah I know I'm a bit of a keyboard freak), and I'm mainly using the Celeritas. Great feel. Lighter browns than the filco's. The main problem of this keyboard is the space bar, which, depending on your luck, may stay stuck when you bottom it up. Mine used to do that at the beginning, but I don't know how I manage to fix it, now it's completely fine. I just removed it (the space bar) and put it back on a few times.


Okey please say what you think of the qpad keyboard when you get it. Right now you can order the switches that you want with your keyboard from qpad. If I buy from qpad I think I will use brown switches but tell what you think about red witches to
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 18 2012 16:15 GMT
#1529
On January 18 2012 23:32 kaluro wrote:
Dear starcraft 2'ers,

I was looking for a good mechanical keyboard with Cherry Brown switches and came across the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition.

Now, I contacted a dutch razer company and they claimed that said keyboard had been taken out of production, because there was no market for it.

I don't want the regular Black Widow Ultimate, since it is 2kro instead of 6kro and has blue instead of brown switches.

Does any european person have any experience with obtaining an european version of the Black Widow Ultimate Stealth Edition? I'd love to hear alternatives to obtain it anyway.

They do have the stealth edition on the official razer website, though it's down today so I can't confirm it's still purchasable.


Brown switch Black Widows are kinda hard to get. But luckily there are many other brown switch keyboards available, have a look around.
DrJohnFever
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada17 Posts
January 19 2012 00:03 GMT
#1530
I got a ducky shine for Christmas, figured I'd throw in my two cents for anyone that cares.

Firstly, I owned a Razer blackwidow before this, and I must say, the shine is something in a whole new category. Everything about it screams quality, from the velvet bag to the no nonsense construction, this thing is a beast. Now the blackwidow is not bad for the money, however if you are planning to get really into mechanical keyboards, I'd just skip the blackwidow step and get a ducky or das or filco, and save yourself the 80$.
s15sLiDER
Profile Joined January 2011
United States112 Posts
January 19 2012 00:24 GMT
#1531
Blackwidows are a real problem for people who are used to a normal keyboard layout. The macro keys are a nightmare if you are really used to hitting ctrl a lot because most of the time you end up hitting M5 instead of ctrl. Also the escape key is shifted over for some reason so canceling units can be annoying.

I personally returned the blackwidow and bought a Rosewill RK-9000 with blue switches and I have not regretted the decision since. The keyboard is extremely solid and it's really not that expensive compared to other keyboards.
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
January 19 2012 09:20 GMT
#1532
I'm thinking about buying a keyboard with either blue or brown switches. I have no chance to try out the brown ones though, but I think they're a tradeoff between typing and gaming. What do you guys think about blue switches? Are they acceptable for gaming as well or would they hinder me playing? I'm asking, because there have been people complaining about double-tapping with blue switches. The keyboard I will probably choose is the das keyboard model s professional de.
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
January 19 2012 09:44 GMT
#1533
On January 19 2012 18:20 decaf wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a keyboard with either blue or brown switches. I have no chance to try out the brown ones though, but I think they're a tradeoff between typing and gaming. What do you guys think about blue switches? Are they acceptable for gaming as well or would they hinder me playing? I'm asking, because there have been people complaining about double-tapping with blue switches. The keyboard I will probably choose is the das keyboard model s professional de.


I don't like blue for gaming at all (but I don't like them that much for typing either ;D). Double tapping is definitely harder to to with blue. My guess is:
If it's your first mechanical, you'll probably satisfied anyway. But if you tried them both, you would probably prefer browns, at least for gaming. It's all a matter of preference, but I would advise you to go for browns, they're great for typing too. If you like the clickety-click and the "typewriter" feel, blues are for you.
kaluro
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands760 Posts
January 19 2012 14:52 GMT
#1534
I ordered a Qpad MK50 cherry brown switch.
It's going to arrive somewhere next week, can't wait.

I was going to go for a MK85 but the brown switch version was all sold out, and no way I'm going to be gaming on anything other than browns .

-Is eager :-D-
www.twitch.tv/kaluroo - 720p60fps - Remember the name! - Don't do your best, do whatever it takes.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10086 Posts
January 19 2012 15:01 GMT
#1535
im eagerly awaiting for my pbt keycaps -_-_-;;, my noppoo is gonna be the coolest keyboard on the block
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Freddybear
Profile Joined December 2011
United States126 Posts
January 19 2012 15:02 GMT
#1536
I got a Leopold 104-key with browns and it's great. There is a very slight "bump" at the point of switch activation, but overall they're a very light touch. It's a very nice keyboard to type on, even for my fat fingers.
Older than the usual n00b
lyk503
Profile Joined May 2009
United States261 Posts
January 19 2012 15:32 GMT
#1537
On January 20 2012 00:02 Freddybear wrote:
I got a Leopold 104-key with browns and it's great. There is a very slight "bump" at the point of switch activation, but overall they're a very light touch. It's a very nice keyboard to type on, even for my fat fingers.



Try Cherry MX Red's. They are like Black switches with brown springs. AKA Brown's with no bump in the middle.
z0mgz starcraft
Freddybear
Profile Joined December 2011
United States126 Posts
January 19 2012 15:55 GMT
#1538
On January 20 2012 00:32 lyk503 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 20 2012 00:02 Freddybear wrote:
I got a Leopold 104-key with browns and it's great. There is a very slight "bump" at the point of switch activation, but overall they're a very light touch. It's a very nice keyboard to type on, even for my fat fingers.



Try Cherry MX Red's. They are like Black switches with brown springs. AKA Brown's with no bump in the middle.


But I like the bump.
Older than the usual n00b
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
January 19 2012 16:04 GMT
#1539
On January 19 2012 18:44 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2012 18:20 decaf wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a keyboard with either blue or brown switches. I have no chance to try out the brown ones though, but I think they're a tradeoff between typing and gaming. What do you guys think about blue switches? Are they acceptable for gaming as well or would they hinder me playing? I'm asking, because there have been people complaining about double-tapping with blue switches. The keyboard I will probably choose is the das keyboard model s professional de.


I don't like blue for gaming at all (but I don't like them that much for typing either ;D). Double tapping is definitely harder to to with blue. My guess is:
If it's your first mechanical, you'll probably satisfied anyway. But if you tried them both, you would probably prefer browns, at least for gaming. It's all a matter of preference, but I would advise you to go for browns, they're great for typing too. If you like the clickety-click and the "typewriter" feel, blues are for you.

Hmm, so blue switches are not what I'm looking for I guess. What about brown vs red?
denkan112
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden15 Posts
January 19 2012 19:08 GMT
#1540
Going to order a Qpad mk-80 with brown switches :D
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM883
TaKeTV 339
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
BRAT_OK 124
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 883
TKL 338
IndyStarCraft 221
MaxPax 166
BRAT_OK 124
UpATreeSC 89
JuggernautJason22
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 17
Nathanias 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 173
White-Ra 137
firebathero 113
910 58
Barracks 51
Hyun 35
Trap 27
Killer 23
Bale 22
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
soO 15
Shine 14
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva4198
Counter-Strike
Fnx 794
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7816
crisheroes1871
Liquid`Hasu1543
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3824
singsing1445
Beastyqt747
ceh9684
B2W.Neo449
ArmadaUGS150
C9.Mang0146
KnowMe96
Trikslyr50
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream373
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 92
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2466
• TFBlade907
Other Games
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.