• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:10
CEST 06:10
KST 13:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10287 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 76

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 383 Next
InfectedGoat
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada444 Posts
January 17 2012 05:51 GMT
#1501
Hey my blackwidow just broke and im gonna buy another keyboard. i think blue switches are pretty cool but a bit noisy :s
I am thinking about buying a keyboard with black switches, my question is what do you think is best for FPS games, red or black, and what are good keyboards with black switches available in Canada except the steelseries ones. Thanks!
and i was like BANELINGS x 3
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 06:13:25
January 17 2012 06:12 GMT
#1502
On January 17 2012 14:51 nYqMechaNix wrote:
Hey my blackwidow just broke and im gonna buy another keyboard. i think blue switches are pretty cool but a bit noisy :s
I am thinking about buying a keyboard with black switches, my question is what do you think is best for FPS games, red or black, and what are good keyboards with black switches available in Canada except the steelseries ones. Thanks!

i play cs occasionally on a red switches and its nice. I would recommend a RK9000BL edition $99

the only other keyboards usually available in stores are g6v2, black widow, possibly meka .
Newegg list + Show Spoiler +
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=100006691&isNodeId=1&Description=mechanical&x=0&y=0

ncix only has g6v2, blackwidow the others aren't worth mentioning
Elitekeyboards.com $$ shipping to canada
http://shopping.pchome.com.tw/ --> guide $10 shipping to US/CA + Show Spoiler +
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?12854-PChome-(Taiwan)-20-Worldwide-Shipping-Promo

Some European web sites ones are there but expensive.
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 17 2012 07:41 GMT
#1503
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
January 17 2012 07:45 GMT
#1504
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


Go back one page and read it?

The links in the OP explain the switches. If you give us a list of things you are going to do with your keyboard (eg SC2, a fair bit of typing and dota) then we could give a recommendation, but keep in mind that would be opinion.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
January 17 2012 07:47 GMT
#1505
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide

includes switch types, gifs and data sheets, and anything else you might want to know.
twitch.tv/medrea
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
January 17 2012 07:47 GMT
#1506
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


Is what I put in the OP not good enough? I don't understand.
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
January 17 2012 07:49 GMT
#1507
On January 17 2012 16:47 slytown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


Is what I put in the OP not good enough? I don't understand.


He just missed the guide links.
twitch.tv/medrea
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 07:51:31
January 17 2012 07:49 GMT
#1508
On January 17 2012 16:45 Blaec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


Go back one page and read it?

The links in the OP explain the switches. If you give us a list of things you are going to do with your keyboard (eg SC2, a fair bit of typing and dota) then we could give a recommendation, but keep in mind that would be opinion.

Basically a good keyboard for BF3 and SC2. And yes I missed the guide link haha. Thank you..looks like a black or red switch would work perfect.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Medrea
Profile Joined May 2011
10003 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 08:25:13
January 17 2012 07:54 GMT
#1509
People, including myself, have been raving about the Noppoo Choc for its mini design. Mini means that the function keys are right next to the numberline. And it uses red switches, which are coming back in popularity. It is also 80 bucks and has fairly good build quality.
twitch.tv/medrea
Skillver
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria1309 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 09:34:14
January 17 2012 09:30 GMT
#1510
Can anybody tell me if the Corsair Vengeance K60 or the Tt esports meka is a good keyboard?
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
January 17 2012 13:40 GMT
#1511
Hey, right now I'm using a cherry cymotion (obviously not a mechanical keyboard) but I'm thinking about getting one, but I really have no idea which one to get and it's hard to try them out. No idea what switches to use (read all the guides already), I think tactile would fit me the best. It' probably a smart idea to go by what pros use so any of you got an idea what kind of keyboards they're using? Like mvp or mkp or nestea :3
If you don't know maybe you could suggest what kind of keyboards you got, from what I read I think red switches might be ok? Thanks in advance.
Tansu
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland63 Posts
January 17 2012 17:09 GMT
#1512
Are there Razer Blackwidow keyboards with Nordic layout available somewhere? I live in Finland so is it possible to buy one from here?
JPP
Profile Joined July 2011
Finland104 Posts
January 17 2012 17:25 GMT
#1513
On January 18 2012 02:09 Tansu wrote:
Are there Razer Blackwidow keyboards with Nordic layout available somewhere? I live in Finland so is it possible to buy one from here?

Verkkokauppa.com
Son of Gnome
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States777 Posts
January 17 2012 17:33 GMT
#1514
On January 17 2012 22:40 decaf wrote:
Hey, right now I'm using a cherry cymotion (obviously not a mechanical keyboard) but I'm thinking about getting one, but I really have no idea which one to get and it's hard to try them out. No idea what switches to use (read all the guides already), I think tactile would fit me the best. It' probably a smart idea to go by what pros use so any of you got an idea what kind of keyboards they're using? Like mvp or mkp or nestea :3
If you don't know maybe you could suggest what kind of keyboards you got, from what I read I think red switches might be ok? Thanks in advance.

i believe all 3 of these use dome keyboards atm, well mkp just got sponsered my thermaltake and nestea and mvp r sponsered by steelseries. So they will probably be changing eventually. It is best to do what is best for you not because a pro uses it. I would recommend a keyboard with cherry browns of if you want a louder keyboard a keyboard with cherry blues. pm me if u need more help.
Whatever happens, happens
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 18:23:54
January 17 2012 18:21 GMT
#1515
On January 17 2012 16:49 Tegin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2012 16:45 Blaec wrote:
On January 17 2012 16:41 Tegin wrote:
Can anyone please explain the switch types? What makes one better than the other? And which one is best for gaming? Sorry I've read a few pages into this thread but would like someones opinion.


Go back one page and read it?

The links in the OP explain the switches. If you give us a list of things you are going to do with your keyboard (eg SC2, a fair bit of typing and dota) then we could give a recommendation, but keep in mind that would be opinion.

Basically a good keyboard for BF3 and SC2. And yes I missed the guide link haha. Thank you..looks like a black or red switch would work perfect.



Good choice, just decide if you want heavy or light switches.

On January 17 2012 22:40 decaf wrote:
Hey, right now I'm using a cherry cymotion (obviously not a mechanical keyboard) but I'm thinking about getting one, but I really have no idea which one to get and it's hard to try them out. No idea what switches to use (read all the guides already), I think tactile would fit me the best. It' probably a smart idea to go by what pros use so any of you got an idea what kind of keyboards they're using? Like mvp or mkp or nestea :3
If you don't know maybe you could suggest what kind of keyboards you got, from what I read I think red switches might be ok? Thanks in advance.


Most Korean pros use rubber domes (qsenn), and many pros that use mechanicals use their sponsors board, so steelseries (black) or Razer (blue). The other pros that use mechanicals are spread across the switches (red being rarest, but they are more rare anyway).
So choose what you think will be good, all of them can be used to play SC2.

Though the more compact designs have got some popularity in SC2 (dimaga and TT1) because the function keys are just above the number keys. So perhaps have a look at them.
decaf
Profile Joined October 2010
Austria1797 Posts
January 17 2012 18:36 GMT
#1516
Hm so what pros do doesn't seem to be the solution for me~ I'm thinking about getting blue switches because typing is considered to by real nice on them. Maybe the das model s, but I'm not sure if it's abailable in my country.
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 17 2012 19:11 GMT
#1517
Does anyone know why the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is so vague on their switch type? Is it best to just avoid this keyboard? Everywhere I go I get mixed reviews about either how great or how bad this keyboard can be. To my understanding their switches are cherry black..correct me if I'm wrong?
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
January 17 2012 19:29 GMT
#1518
On January 18 2012 03:36 decaf wrote:
Hm so what pros do doesn't seem to be the solution for me~ I'm thinking about getting blue switches because typing is considered to by real nice on them. Maybe the das model s, but I'm not sure if it's abailable in my country.


http://www.getdigital.de.

On January 18 2012 04:11 Tegin wrote:
Does anyone know why the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is so vague on their switch type? Is it best to just avoid this keyboard? Everywhere I go I get mixed reviews about either how great or how bad this keyboard can be. To my understanding their switches are cherry black..correct me if I'm wrong?


Brown or Blue, depending on whether you choose the "Ninja" one or not, that's not a secret and would take you about 10 seconds of using Google to find out.

Razer has been known to make a lot of shitty hardware, which is why people recommend against it. I can't say anything about that.
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 19:52:35
January 17 2012 19:49 GMT
#1519
On January 18 2012 04:11 Tegin wrote:
Does anyone know why the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate is so vague on their switch type? Is it best to just avoid this keyboard? Everywhere I go I get mixed reviews about either how great or how bad this keyboard can be. To my understanding their switches are cherry black..correct me if I'm wrong?

They don't try to hide it but since they are more mainstream they just don't try to confuse their customers with different switch types.

It is okay for around $100 but there are many alternative that are less flashy and more reliable like Rosewill and Leopold.

What turned me off about Razer (and this is same for Steelseries with their big ass enter key) is the Function keys don't match up to normal keyboards. I actually use the location hotkeys so that's a big no no.
Tegin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States840 Posts
January 17 2012 19:59 GMT
#1520
Yea thats what confused me. I've looked all over Amazon and Newegg and it seemed every brand was very upfront with the key switches except for Razer which seems kind of odd. I played around with one at Bestbuy and I didn't care for it much.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.
Prev 1 74 75 76 77 78 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings119
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta22
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 285
NeuroSwarm 178
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 310
hero 65
sorry 20
Bale 13
Terrorterran 11
ZergMaN 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1050
League of Legends
JimRising 735
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde199
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick469
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH89
• practicex 26
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota261
League of Legends
• Lourlo1152
• Rush956
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 50m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 50m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.