• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:57
CEST 06:57
KST 13:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8034 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 190

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 383 Next
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 04 2012 01:18 GMT
#3781
hey guy, i have an issue with my leopold FC700R where the keyboard seems to rock on two opposite feet, like a table with one leg shorter than the rest. I cant work out if its a problem with the keyboard or the table (which is flat glass) or something else. I am not using the keyboards raised legs but everything else looks fine underneath. anyone else had this issue?
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 01:47:49
September 04 2012 01:45 GMT
#3782
I spilled pop in my ss g6v2 about a week ago and I spent 3 hours cleaning the crap out of it. But now some keys are sticking really bad because of the switches. Is there any way to swap out some of the switches from the number side without soldering or any way to clean the switches themselves. I've had this keyboard for a while and I am too poor to buy a new one at the moment. @__@ I'm not sure how to get the back off the keyboard either. I can take the screwsout but then it doesnt just open up. Around the bottom of the keyboard around the cord part wont come off unless i force it and i dont want to force it open is there a trick?
wot?
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 02:21:31
September 04 2012 02:19 GMT
#3783
Check under the sticker.

Then here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wra4r/the_mechanical_keyboard_modder_toolkit_part_two/
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
D u o
Profile Joined October 2011
Canada381 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 03:07:56
September 04 2012 02:32 GMT
#3784
On September 04 2012 11:19 ripster wrote:
Check under the sticker.

Then here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wra4r/the_mechanical_keyboard_modder_toolkit_part_two/



Ok well there isn't another screw hidden anywhere and its still not coming off and lets just assume that the soda has dried inside the switches [because thats kinda what has happened] is it still saveable with that lubricant?

It looks like a clip on the inside of the keyboard and another where the cord meets up, I'm not sure how to open this tank. @___@
wot?
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 03:48:53
September 04 2012 03:48 GMT
#3785
On September 03 2012 13:12 AceLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2012 11:08 AceLight wrote:
On September 02 2012 07:42 divito wrote:
On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.

That would be pretty sweet, if only I played zerg.


Not only zerg players can love a good numpad

EDIT: If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll keep you updated.

Also, pricing on the numpad will look like this -

2 buyers = 29.50 USD each
3 = 25 <----
4 = 23.25
5 = 22
6 = 21.17
...
10 = 17.80
...
20 = 15.02


Moar Pics!

http://i50.tinypic.com/10i6kvk.jpg
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
September 04 2012 05:00 GMT
#3786
On September 04 2012 12:48 AceLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 03 2012 13:12 AceLight wrote:
On September 02 2012 11:08 AceLight wrote:
On September 02 2012 07:42 divito wrote:
On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.

That would be pretty sweet, if only I played zerg.


Not only zerg players can love a good numpad

EDIT: If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll keep you updated.

Also, pricing on the numpad will look like this -

2 buyers = 29.50 USD each
3 = 25 <----
4 = 23.25
5 = 22
6 = 21.17
...
10 = 17.80
...
20 = 15.02


Moar Pics!

http://i50.tinypic.com/10i6kvk.jpg

*Takes can of air, and blows out your keyboard*

It looks nice, I would totally get if they had a terran, maybe I'll order some doubleshots and customize my own.
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
September 04 2012 05:27 GMT
#3787
Ugh I wish keycap sets were cheaper sometimes. Man that is one dusty keyboard though LOL. Does it not bug you or something?
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 06:25:00
September 04 2012 06:23 GMT
#3788
Haha, it's actually not my keyboard. I'm looking into ORDERING these, these are the pictures the original owner sent me.

Seriously, if both of you wanted Zerg Numpads the pricing would come out at $26 USD for a whole numpad. PM me~

The pricing is posted on the previous page, and looks like this

1 buyer = 45.00 USD each
2 buyers = 29.50 USD each
3 = 25 <----
4 = 23.25
5 = 22
6 = 21.17
...
10 = 17.80
...
20 = 15.02

You can see the difference between 1 and 2 buyers, then 2 and 3 buyers.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 09:44:47
September 04 2012 09:42 GMT
#3789
On September 04 2012 10:18 ToREcho[5] wrote:
hey guy, i have an issue with my leopold FC700R where the keyboard seems to rock on two opposite feet, like a table with one leg shorter than the rest. I cant work out if its a problem with the keyboard or the table (which is flat glass) or something else. I am not using the keyboards raised legs but everything else looks fine underneath. anyone else had this issue?


I think have a similar problem with my Filco, but its an easy fix.

Just get a firm grip on either end of the keyboard and twist/flex it back into shape, so that all four corners are sitting flat on the table.

It just the casing being slightly warped, I have to do it each time I get my Filco out.

On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.


Is there only black keys? Any colour choice? Either way im interested.
Xiron
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1233 Posts
September 04 2012 11:41 GMT
#3790
This is completely ridiculous. I have to pay 60% MORE to get the same keyboard, only because I dont live in the US! This is complete bullshit. And it's not like its US-only brands.

And whats the most laughable about this? The "Pro" versions of the keyboards even cost 5€ less than the standard versions!
"The way of life can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. " - Charlie Chaplin
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
September 04 2012 21:22 GMT
#3791
So my 5th razer blackwidow ultimate died on me now, ended up going to best buy and getting a refund since they didn't have any more and the 2013 models werent in yet. No clue what to buy now as far as mechanical keyboard. Anyone know if the razer black widow 2013's are actually durable? Or will they still have the same shitty quality as the black widows I've had? Are the steel series 6gv2's any better? Or should I go with one of the other brands listed in this thread?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
September 04 2012 21:27 GMT
#3792
I suggest Rosewill and Leopold for cherry switches. I'm thoroughly happy with both of mine. (Rosewill reds and Leopold tenkeyless browns).
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-04 22:46:07
September 04 2012 21:35 GMT
#3793
On September 05 2012 06:27 tofucake wrote:
I suggest Rosewill and Leopold for cherry switches. I'm thoroughly happy with both of mine. (Rosewill reds and Leopold tenkeyless browns).


Is the 6gv2 good/durable? For some reason I want a gaming mechanical keyboard, but maybe that's just me being vain and attracted to razers shiny lights. I've also not heard of the other brands aside from reazer/steel series, I know now from reading that steel series keyboards are very flimsy, are steel series better? Are the other brands better than steel series as well? Also is there another brand that does the flashy backlit keys like razer but has their keyboards actually not die on you? And one thing I was curious about, I heard that keyboards like the 7g or blackwidow ultimate aren't allowed in tournaments because of macro keys, is that true?

did some looking around, and the ducky looks really nice, I can get one with blue switches and backlighting to be like my blackwidow was. Question is, is ducky reputable? Or will one of those crap out on me like my last 5 blackwidow ultimates in the past year?
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
September 04 2012 23:15 GMT
#3794
Never heard of ducky :O

I've also only used Steelseries briefly, so I won't comment on them. My Rosewill and Leopolds are both plain (no backlights. macro keys, etc). I paid roughly the same price for my Rosewill as a 6gv2 costs, and it feels sturdy to me, which I expect is because my money went directly into the keyboard, rather than into the keyboard and all kinds of addon stuff (like backlights and macro keys and LCD screens for some reason in a keyboard?).
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 04 2012 23:19 GMT
#3795
razer blackwidows are known for having a fairly poor build quality. You can feel it as soon as you touch the keys. Almost any reputable brand will offer a better product in terms of quality. Ducky is good although I have seen some poor reviews of the TKL backlit version. 6gv2 has black or red switches so wont feel very similar to a blackwidow. I would recommend a filco > leopold > tt meka g1 > steelseries 6gv2 for you. I cant comment on the rosewell as I havent used one.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19260 Posts
September 04 2012 23:24 GMT
#3796
Filco is bust, Leopold took over and have almost identical stock (Leopold replaced Filco on Elitekeyboards)
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
September 04 2012 23:28 GMT
#3797
I was looking at this also http://tigerimports.net/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=11996 looks really promising, same blue switches and backlighting as black widow and isn't made by razer, but I can't find people that are very familiar with ducky. Also I'll look at leopold in a sec, the das with the blue switches looks really nice, just my vain side wants a backlit one
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 04 2012 23:30 GMT
#3798
filco didnt go under, they almost did and stopped providing product, the diatec website is still up and going strong. you can still buy their keyboards at the moment, and except for the leopold FC700R they generally provide a superior product.
Wartortle
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia504 Posts
September 04 2012 23:33 GMT
#3799
if you really want backlit get a ducky shine. the TKL version has some strange issues with the backspace and center key ive heard. but im yet to try one so who knows. if it had some more decent reviews I would probably pick one up tbh.
hunts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2113 Posts
September 04 2012 23:46 GMT
#3800
On September 05 2012 08:33 ToREcho[5] wrote:
if you really want backlit get a ducky shine. the TKL version has some strange issues with the backspace and center key ive heard. but im yet to try one so who knows. if it had some more decent reviews I would probably pick one up tbh.


The DK one seems nice, and the shine ones are all sold out it seems Any more information on what's wrong with the DK one, or how the ducky quality in general is? If you were to do a scale of say razer steel series ducky and das.
twitch.tv/huntstv 7x legend streamer
Prev 1 188 189 190 191 192 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4475
Leta 1691
ViBE136
Bale 56
Shine 30
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g8115
WinterStarcraft551
Sick124
Mew2King28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick509
BasetradeTV177
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta31
• Letter1412
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota296
League of Legends
• Lourlo879
• Rush448
Other Games
• Shiphtur163
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 4m
Patches Events
10h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 4m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 4m
OSC
18h 4m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.