• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:45
CEST 01:45
KST 08:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9383 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 188

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 186 187 188 189 190 383 Next
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 07:00:44
August 27 2012 06:08 GMT
#3741
On August 23 2012 17:52 Fragile51 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 22 2012 14:29 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132

Has anyone tried these? They look super sick and I've been looking for a TenKeyless to compliment my Filco Browns. Also, any coupon codes for mechanicalkeyboards.com? XD

[image loading]

Sick!


Ducky backlit keyboards are known as being the best backlits available. I can't imagine their TKL models being any different. These specific keyboards have some very specific backlit programming capabilities as well.

I just got mine in and I'm giving it a test run.. While I love the keyboard, the space bar and backspace key feel a little... off. They feel different from the rest of the keys. And I don't think I'm too crazy because I have a filco with browns and the space bar and backspace all feel the same to the rest of the keys. I pulled out the space bar and backspace and they're brown switches like the rest.

Anyone know why? I just read from one random guy on another forum that the space bar is a MX clear switch and it bugged him so much that he returned it. I fear I may do the same.. especially when I paid a premium for such a keyboard only to have 2 huge keys behave slightly different.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Ducky Tenkeyless Year of the Dragon (Filco in the back)

EDIT: Turns out most of the bigger keys are a bit stiffer than the rest of the keys. Shift, Enter, etc.

EDIT 2: Just read that they have different stabilizers. I'm not sure if I'll get used to it, especially when my Filco doesn't have these stabilizers. I question why they even did this in the first place since it makes the key feel closer to a rubber dome key. I guess it's because we use more force on the bigger keys? Still.. don't like how it feels different when typing. Throws me off a little bit.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 08:15:37
August 27 2012 06:39 GMT
#3742
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC500R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).
Commentator
DystopiaX
Profile Joined October 2010
United States16236 Posts
August 27 2012 06:53 GMT
#3743
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC700R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).

It's hard to tell without knowing what your friend's criticism was specifically but I have had a brown switch leopold for 2 years and haven't had any complaints with it so far, and afaik they're basically functionally identical to Filcos. I'd think either the Leopold or Filco would be fine but again without knowing what your friend said about that model specifically it's hard to say.
Zorgon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States211 Posts
August 27 2012 08:06 GMT
#3744
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC700R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).


Well, the FC700R doesn't fit the requirement of having a numpad.
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51699 Posts
August 27 2012 08:15 GMT
#3745
I meant FC500R -_-
Commentator
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 27 2012 09:07 GMT
#3746
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC500R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).


Afaik the Leopold is fine, but that is just from reputation, I don't have one.

If you just want a standard board (no backlight, no macros) then Leopold or Ducky, if you want to spend a little bit more then Filco.
Boblhead
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2577 Posts
August 27 2012 09:45 GMT
#3747
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC500R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).


I have 2 fc500rs, they are great quality. I rarely have troubles with them at all.
xgtx
Profile Joined February 2009
227 Posts
August 27 2012 09:55 GMT
#3748
some comments about SteelSeries 6Gv2 ? it looks awesome!
alexpnd
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1857 Posts
August 27 2012 10:30 GMT
#3749
I just bought das ultimate without inscription by accident I'll have to return it, or if I can be directed to where I can (preferably sick) caps please do so.
www.brainyweb.ca //web stuff!
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 11:16:34
August 27 2012 11:16 GMT
#3750
On August 27 2012 19:30 alexpnd wrote:
I just bought das ultimate without inscription by accident I'll have to return it, or if I can be directed to where I can (preferably sick) caps please do so.


Im pretty sure Das will swap it with a normal one if you want. But you can buy custom key caps from WASD keyboards.
apm66
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada943 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 13:05:07
August 27 2012 13:04 GMT
#3751
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC500R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).


I've had the FC500RR(red) for quite some time now. It's been flawless, no issue at all, it doesn't feel cheap and it's built like a tank. I honestly don't see why someone would say it's bad.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
TheLaw
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States172 Posts
August 27 2012 17:19 GMT
#3752
I have a Razer Blackwidow and a ZOWiE Celeritas. I don't like Cherry MX blues that's why I bought the Zowie. The first one broke due to it falling on the floor but I got a new one for free, and some keys now don't work consistently. I'm not buying another Zowie but I was wondering what are good Cherry black/brown board for 100 and under.
Cowards die in shame.
tymt
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden293 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-27 18:31:39
August 27 2012 18:29 GMT
#3753
On August 27 2012 15:39 GTR wrote:
I'm researching which Cherry Red keyboard would be the best buy. Somebody told me the Leopold FC500R was bad? What are my options (with a numpad).

I have a fc200 with clears and the build-quality is amazing, would expect the fc500 to be similar to that.

@Thelaw: From what I have heard the cm storm quickfire rapid is very well built, on par with a filco or leopold. They come with mx blacks and reds. TKL though.
invisible.terran
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States280 Posts
August 27 2012 18:33 GMT
#3754
I believe Leopold is what you're looking for:
http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold,fullsize&pid=fc500rtab
"Until the very very top, in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in, the only problem is most people cant work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they dont have a real passion for." - Idra
xgtx
Profile Joined February 2009
227 Posts
August 27 2012 18:59 GMT
#3755
On August 27 2012 18:55 xgtx wrote:
some comments about SteelSeries 6Gv2 ? it looks awesome!


No one ?
KoolAidMan
Profile Joined June 2010
United States18 Posts
August 27 2012 21:07 GMT
#3756
On August 27 2012 18:55 xgtx wrote:
some comments about SteelSeries 6Gv2 ? it looks awesome!


I own a 6Gv2, a Leopold with Cherry red switches, and I used to own a Filco with browns (sold it, tactile bump isn't for me).

I love the Steelseries, excellent keyboard that stands up against any of the others held in high regard. I also like how there is no Windows key on the left side, big plus for me. Steelseries sells 6Gv2 keyboards with black and red switches. I prefer the slightly stiffer black switches but I like the reds as well. A Leopold with reds is on my other desktop.

In the end it comes down to switch preference. I would recommend you go with something else if you want a bump or click with the key press, otherwise the Steelseries is a very easy keyboard to recommend.

Hope this helps!
OH YEAH
xgtx
Profile Joined February 2009
227 Posts
August 27 2012 22:07 GMT
#3757
thanks! gonna buy it then
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 05:21:29
August 28 2012 05:15 GMT
#3758
I suggest anyone that is buying mech keyboards to get boards that have costar stabilizers. The boards that don't have costar stabilizers use cherry mx stabilizers which means that all the big keys (space bar, shift, enter, back space, etc) are a bit mushy at the bottom. The costar stabilizers use a bar to hold the big keys up without adding the mushiness and thus make all the keys feel the same in the end. While there are advantages to both, it's usually more widely preferred to have costar stabilizers to maintain the same feel on all the keys.

I personally started with Filco (use costar stabilizers) and when I bought a Ducky for travel, I didn't realize it had cherry mx stabilizers. It just feels very weird to have the space bar feel different from the rest of the keys when I'm typing very fast. I feel like I'm making more typing errors because of it. Though if you have never used a mech keyboard before, you probably wouldn't really notice the difference as much. But personally, I'm EXTREMELY close to just returning my Ducky for a Filco Tenkeyless for travel. But restocking fee of 15% on $170 is a bit hard to swallow, gonna try it out some more to see if I get used to it/wear it down a bit.

Costar
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
Cresar
Profile Joined June 2012
Spain20 Posts
August 28 2012 11:07 GMT
#3759
To play Starcraft 2, which do you think is the best mechanism?
Cherry MX Blue, red or black?
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
August 28 2012 12:47 GMT
#3760
[/spoiler]
Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[/QUOTE]
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 28 2012 14:15 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
I suggest anyone that is buying mech keyboards to get boards that have costar stabilizers. The boards that don't have costar stabilizers use cherry mx stabilizers which means that all the big keys (space bar, shift, enter, back space, etc) are a bit mushy at the bottom. The costar stabilizers use a bar to hold the big keys up without adding the mushiness and thus make all the keys feel the same in the end. While there are advantages to both, it's usually more widely preferred to have costar stabilizers to maintain the same feel on all the keys.

I personally started with Filco (use costar stabilizers) and when I bought a Ducky for travel, I didn't realize it had cherry mx stabilizers. It just feels very weird to have the space bar feel different from the rest of the keys when I'm typing very fast. I feel like I'm making more typing errors because of it. Though if you have never used a mech keyboard before, you probably wouldn't really notice the difference as much. But personally, I'm EXTREMELY close to just returning my Ducky for a Filco Tenkeyless for travel. But restocking fee of 15% on $170 is a bit hard to swallow, gonna try it out some more to see if I get used to it/wear it down a bit.

Costar
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Razer black widows have costar stabilizers, while 6gv2s do not. Just for anyone who wants to know

+ Show Spoiler +

To play Starcraft 2, which do you think is the best mechanism?
Cherry MX Blue, red or black?

If you have read previous posts, it all comes down to preference. I'm surprised you did not find your answer after 188 pages posts. I like switching between blues and reds for sc. Why did you not include browns in your decision? Is this your first mechanical keyboard? Are you ok with the noise levels of the blues compared to the other switches?

I can't tell you what's the best. I can tell you if you read the previous posts you probably could come to a decision as what is the best for you. Then again, you never will really know what you like until you try it.
For the Dominion!
Prev 1 186 187 188 189 190 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 471
Hyun 139
Dota 2
monkeys_forever454
League of Legends
Doublelift4285
Other Games
summit1g12421
JimRising 446
KnowMe187
Livibee185
ViBE161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick886
BasetradeTV193
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 133
• Adnapsc2 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie952
• Scarra869
• Shiphtur585
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 15m
Patches Events
15h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 15m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 15m
OSC
23h 15m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.