• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:34
CEST 21:34
KST 04:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8968 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 186

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 184 185 186 187 188 383 Next
SpadeAce
Profile Joined August 2011
Netherlands100 Posts
August 18 2012 21:59 GMT
#3701
I am planning to buy my first mechanical keyboard soon, but i am wondering what to take. I don't really want to spend €150~. Are there any solid keyboards around €100 (available in europe) ? Also i am not really sure what switches i need to take. I only play sc2.
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 22:58:20
August 18 2012 22:57 GMT
#3702
Get a simple Cherry mechanical, for example this one with brown switches.

A Das Keyboard from getdigital will be 119 or 129 Euros, if you want a more luxurious one.
bana
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany22 Posts
August 18 2012 23:23 GMT
#3703
On August 19 2012 06:59 SpadeAce wrote:
I am planning to buy my first mechanical keyboard soon, but i am wondering what to take. I don't really want to spend €150~. Are there any solid keyboards around €100 (available in europe) ? Also i am not really sure what switches i need to take. I only play sc2.


You can get a Q-Pad Mk-50 which ist available with red, black, blue and brown switches. It is about 80 €. Dont know if there is a netherland-layout.
Fidex
Profile Joined July 2012
Spain8 Posts
August 18 2012 23:49 GMT
#3704
What is the best Cherry MX switches for sc2?
MX Blue - Brown - Black - Red?
Ropid
Profile Joined March 2009
Germany3557 Posts
August 19 2012 00:06 GMT
#3705
On August 19 2012 07:57 DJFaqU wrote:
Get a simple Cherry mechanical, for example this one with brown switches.

A Das Keyboard from getdigital will be 119 or 129 Euros, if you want a more luxurious one.

I just wanted to note, that keyboard is a bit weird. The description makes it seem as if it would be brown switches, but the keyboard uses "clear" switches. Those switches use the same spring as black switches, feel much harder than actual brown switches, and the tactile feel is also a bit more pronounced.

The same keyboard is sold in two other versions with the descriptions mentioning "click" and linear switches. Those versions of the keyboard use the normal blue and black switches. Only the one you linked is special and potentially disappointing.
"My goal is to replace my soul with coffee and become immortal."
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-19 01:10:42
August 19 2012 01:08 GMT
#3706
There used to be a Geekhack wiki with Cherry Corp ordering codes.

That got R00TW0RMed.

Unfortunated Cherry Corp English is of little use either.

http://www.cherrycorp.com/english/keyboards/Office/G80_3000_MX/index.htm

This isn't much better.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_G80-3000
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
August 19 2012 19:17 GMT
#3707
is the razer blackwidow stealth as loud as the blue switch edition?
phar
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1080 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-19 21:04:32
August 19 2012 21:02 GMT
#3708
MX Browns vs MX Blues: ('stealth' is some fucking marketing gimmick for 'brown')

link to youtube video because embeds can't skip to 2:07 in
Who after all is today speaking about the destruction of the Armenians?
sjschmidt93
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2518 Posts
August 19 2012 21:03 GMT
#3709
On August 19 2012 08:49 Fidex wrote:
What is the best Cherry MX switches for sc2?
MX Blue - Brown - Black - Red?


Brown if you're concerned about noise. Blue if you're not.
My grandpa could've proxied better, and not only does he have arthritis, he's also dead. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
August 19 2012 23:43 GMT
#3710
Any suggestions on a lower-end mechanical keyboard with brown switches? I've decided to leave my blues at home and am looking for a keyboard around the $60-$85 price range. I'm thinking about Duckys as they aren't that bad, but I'm also interested in the CM Storm QF since I have the blues, but haven't seen any great reviews on the browns.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
August 20 2012 10:46 GMT
#3711
On August 20 2012 08:43 Sovano wrote:
Any suggestions on a lower-end mechanical keyboard with brown switches? I've decided to leave my blues at home and am looking for a keyboard around the $60-$85 price range. I'm thinking about Duckys as they aren't that bad, but I'm also interested in the CM Storm QF since I have the blues, but haven't seen any great reviews on the browns.


If you already have a CM storm QF in blues, the browns will be exactly the same but with brown switches.
theonemephisto
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-22 01:02:07
August 22 2012 00:56 GMT
#3712
On August 20 2012 06:02 phar wrote:
MX Browns vs MX Blues: ('stealth' is some fucking marketing gimmick for 'brown')

link to youtube video because embeds can't skip to 2:07 in

I'd like to note that the actual mechanism in browns is MUCH quieter than blues. The problem is that most of the sound of a mechanical keyboard actually comes from "bottoming out," the plastic-on-plastic contact when it hits the bottom. If you're a very light typer who doesn't bottom out, then browns are very quiet while blues are still pretty loud.

If you want a truly silent mechanical, you have to use either o-rings or landing pads to quiet the bottoming out sound. Browns or reds/blacks with o-rings makes for a very quiet keyboard.

The best key volume comparison I've seen:
. The only problem with this one is that it probably slightly overstates the effect of the o-rings, as the ones with the o-rings are farther away from the camera.


On August 20 2012 08:43 Sovano wrote:
Any suggestions on a lower-end mechanical keyboard with brown switches? I've decided to leave my blues at home and am looking for a keyboard around the $60-$85 price range. I'm thinking about Duckys as they aren't that bad, but I'm also interested in the CM Storm QF since I have the blues, but haven't seen any great reviews on the browns.

I've heard that the CM Storms are very similar to Leopolds/Filco in terms of build quality, maybe a little bit less, but that's expected given the huge cost savings. Their only real problem is the huge and obnoxious branding. If that doesn't bother you, or if you're planning on getting custom keycaps, then they're a great choice.

The CM board is probably your best bet if you want to stay under $85-90. If you're willing to go up to ~$100, then Leopold becomes an option.
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-22 05:33:18
August 22 2012 05:29 GMT
#3713
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132

Has anyone tried these? They look super sick and I've been looking for a TenKeyless to compliment my Filco Browns. Also, any coupon codes for mechanicalkeyboards.com? XD

[image loading]

Sick!
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
August 22 2012 05:51 GMT
#3714
On August 19 2012 06:59 SpadeAce wrote:
I am planning to buy my first mechanical keyboard soon, but i am wondering what to take. I don't really want to spend €150~. Are there any solid keyboards around €100 (available in europe) ? Also i am not really sure what switches i need to take. I only play sc2.

If you game and type a lot, I would go with browns, they're a nice medium for people that play games and also type a decent amount. Blues and Blacks play the extremes where blues are typically for typists and blacks are for gamers. Not saying that you can't type at all on blacks or game on blues. They will all be SIGNIFICANTLY better than your rubber dome keyboards. I used blues for awhile for SC2, but now I've settled on Browns on the Filco Majestouch 2 and I absolutely love them.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
Temp-aus
Profile Joined January 2012
Australia6 Posts
August 22 2012 09:35 GMT
#3715
ok, so as I type this on my new blackwidow blue switch keyboard I feel myself being deafened by the keystroke, but in a good way.

Heres a clip of the keyboard with audio ---->
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
August 22 2012 16:44 GMT
#3716
On August 22 2012 18:35 Temp-aus wrote:
ok, so as I type this on my new blackwidow blue switch keyboard I feel myself being deafened by the keystroke, but in a good way.

Heres a clip of the keyboard with audio ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLzNyTqaHUE&feature=youtu.be



yea blues are a joy to listen to imo. I just didnt keep my widow mainly due to the impreciseness when playing FPS and double-tapping. Reds are a joy to type and game on, but that sound of the blues just calls lol.
kiss me
m1rk3
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada412 Posts
August 23 2012 03:15 GMT
#3717
On August 16 2012 06:21 Odeyuken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 14 2012 20:59 Blaec wrote:
On August 14 2012 20:44 Odeyuken wrote:
On August 14 2012 19:46 Blaec wrote:
On August 14 2012 19:34 Odeyuken wrote:
Hello,

So I guess posting here is better than starting a whole new keyboard thread. I am not specifically looking for a mechanical keyboard, in fact I am not sure what a mechanical keyboard really is. My old keyboard died a while ago, and it is no longer for sale at the local hardware shop I usually go to. So I thought that if I am going to buy a keyboard online, I might as well buy a good one and get some advice here.

Basically I'm looking for that hard feeling when I am typing, for some kind of response from the keys ; in fact I want the opposite of a laptop keyboard, because I hate it when you don't even feel the keys beneath your fingers. The K260 combo I had was perfect for that, and it was really cheap too (20€ ~). I am ready to invest a little more money this time, but I don't feel like spending more than 50€ for that.

I do not play that much SC2 anymore, but I still do, occasionally. Though the main purpose of this keyboard will be typing, and I do want a comfortable feeling and experience with that.

Can anyone help me ? Thank you in advance !


Im not super sure what you mean by the hard feeling, but imo a blue MX switched keyboard cant be beat for typing.

Though this is a subjective opinion so if you can, go to a store and try out a Razer Blackwidow. Don't buy a Blackwidow, there are better keyboards around. Im just recommending you look for it because its very common and has blue switches.


It's hard to put it in words... let's say I'm a piano player and I like it when the keys "bounce" under my fingers.
As for the suggestion, it looks a bit expensive (100 USD ? ~) Thanks though


Well a mechanical board should be good for that.

Yeh the Blackwidow is expensive, but a decent amount of stores have them in stock and they have a little cutout so you can try the keys.

So, go to a store and try out a blackwidow. Then if you like it go find a cherry in blues which should be roughly 50 euro I think.


I did do some research, and I can't find anything that is THAT cheap (50€). But then again maybe I'm looking at the wrong websites !


http://www.ncix.ca/products/index.php?sku=64130&vpn=CH-9000004-NA&manufacture=Corsair&promoid=1088
For the Dominion!
Rixxe
Profile Joined July 2011
United Kingdom136 Posts
August 23 2012 08:40 GMT
#3718
Looking to buy a new keyboard, thinking either a Ducky or Filco. (TenKeyless with Brown Switches) Which do people recommend for typing and gaming (i code alot so it needs to be good for both)?

Also as i live in the UK, does anyone have any recommendations for companies that might deliver them? Also would prefer it to be UK layout.
*bleep* you up in a gangsta style!
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
August 23 2012 08:52 GMT
#3719
On August 22 2012 14:29 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132

Has anyone tried these? They look super sick and I've been looking for a TenKeyless to compliment my Filco Browns. Also, any coupon codes for mechanicalkeyboards.com? XD

[image loading]

Sick!


Ducky backlit keyboards are known as being the best backlits available. I can't imagine their TKL models being any different. These specific keyboards have some very specific backlit programming capabilities as well.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
August 23 2012 09:16 GMT
#3720
On August 23 2012 17:40 Rixxe wrote:
Looking to buy a new keyboard, thinking either a Ducky or Filco. (TenKeyless with Brown Switches) Which do people recommend for typing and gaming (i code alot so it needs to be good for both)?

Also as i live in the UK, does anyone have any recommendations for companies that might deliver them? Also would prefer it to be UK layout.


http://www.keyboardco.com/ is a very reputable seller of Filco's, and is even based in the UK. Filco's are preeetty expensive but seeing as you are from the UK it's probably best to get one from keyboardco instead of importing a ducky from the US.
Prev 1 184 185 186 187 188 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 647
ProTech152
UpATreeSC 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17335
Calm 3365
Mini 431
Mind 78
910 66
soO 48
Trap 31
Dota 2
Gorgc5704
canceldota62
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3803
Other Games
FrodaN956
Beastyqt575
Liquid`Hasu298
Khaldor239
Livibee193
C9.Mang0152
IndyStarCraft 125
olofmeister107
ZombieGrub61
QueenE52
BRAT_OK 28
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• blackmanpl 20
• FirePhoenix17
• Michael_bg 3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2886
• WagamamaTV335
League of Legends
• Nemesis1682
Other Games
• imaqtpie854
• Shiphtur705
• Scarra472
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.