
[ASL22] Semifinal B
| Forum Index > Brood War Tournaments |
|
BLinD-RawR
ALLEYCAT BLUES51596 Posts
![]() | ||
|
SomaBestZerg
20 Posts
Then Calm can bury SoulKey on the beach again, just like during MonstarZ field trip event lol: https://vod.sooplive.com/player/206329551?change_second=6300 | ||
|
Vasoline73
United States8169 Posts
| ||
|
Crimson)S(hadow
Philippines966 Posts
| ||
|
TornadoSteve
1138 Posts
On October 06 2026 11:38 SomaBestZerg wrote: Soma should 4-0 SoulKey faster than FlaSh 4-0'd Light just so we can get Calm's reaction. Then Calm can bury SoulKey on the beach again, just like during MonstarZ field trip event lol: https://vod.sooplive.com/player/206329551?change_second=6300 Omg, your sc knowledge has no limits! | ||
|
Ikirouta
Finland747 Posts
On October 06 2026 13:45 Crimson)S(hadow wrote: bonjwa vs future bonjwa (if he gets the threepeat) lol | ||
|
HOLYBATS
Turkey847 Posts
| ||
|
BLinD-RawR
ALLEYCAT BLUES51596 Posts
| ||
|
DarkPlasmaBall
United States46493 Posts
| ||
|
InkieB2B
26 Posts
| ||
|
SomaBestZerg
20 Posts
On October 06 2026 16:04 BLinD-RawR wrote: match to determine who stomps on rush in the finals. Gypsy said Rush is favored against SoulKey. Is he crazy? | ||
|
SomaBestZerg
20 Posts
Will SoulKey vs Soma be better or worse than NDS vs Kahiri: https://vod.sooplive.com/player/203764807?change_second=14400 | ||
|
felleN
Australia103 Posts
| ||
|
AttackZerg
United States7648 Posts
One, Soma can lose several games in a row, and just not give shit, and have it not effect his future games, during the worst of it, his mood seemed just as good as when he was winning. Two, Soma seems very focused on gaining a strategic advantage, and he is willing to gamble to get it. Three, Effort seemed to have stronger overall muta control and was able to create situations where Soma just didn't notice lings in his base, multiple times. I am thinking there is a good chance this will be a very, very messy series, neither player has the 450 apm alien mechanics of Effort and both are brainy zergs. If Soma continues his vs effort builds, he will place first 6-8 lings outside of his base to auto counter. He was doing this alot. This may end up a very stylistic match, Aggressive Soma vs Defensive Soulkey. I haven't seen Soulkey playing ZvZ in a while so I have no idea about his form. I do feel like Soma's advantage is the Champions advantage and that is why I feel it's a 51/49 in his favor, just barely. | ||
|
Peeano
Netherlands5956 Posts
| ||
|
Peeano
Netherlands5956 Posts
On October 06 2026 18:25 AttackZerg wrote: Soma just didn't notice lings in his base, multiple times. This is Soma's biggest weakness. Vs JD it also showed. Versus a DT it's even worse, then suddenly Soma can look like a random low S rank Zerg. | ||
|
BLinD-RawR
ALLEYCAT BLUES51596 Posts
On October 06 2026 17:37 SomaBestZerg wrote: Gypsy said Rush is favored against SoulKey. Is he crazy? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUaS3oW2iDQ&t=6510s He's not crazy but Rush has a problem with performing offline and he's 0-2 in ASL finals. if he loses this one he's a certified kong just like snow. | ||
|
Mrs Crabbleman
47 Posts
Anyway holy shit.... It's like The Engineer vs the dumb giant facehugger alien in Prometheus ( soulkey is the engineer and soma is the tentacle monster beast idk why ). It's like sub zero vs scorpion if you don't know who's who then u r idiot. (Mini is noob saibot I hope u know why). + Show Spoiler + it's bc he a fuckin noob Soulkey is brain but Soma is brain but diff part of brain. Soulkey is the cool brain and soma is the hot brain. Soulkey is like the cerebrum and soma is the cerebellum. There was a guy in sc2 called CellaWerra. Anyway I rooting for Mini because I think Mini v Rush is a cool final even tho Mini not do well v Rush in previous. But I think after 2 proleague win v Light Mini is ready to win Rush. I bought an entire row of seat for the final and am gonna place a duck on each one I think that will be funny. | ||
|
[sc1f]eonzerg
Belgium7132 Posts
On October 06 2026 18:25 AttackZerg wrote: Over the last 3 days, Soma and Effort have been playing ZvZ hours and hours a day. Watching them on side by side a few things stood out to me. One, Soma can lose several games in a row, and just not give shit, and have it not effect his future games, during the worst of it, his mood seemed just as good as when he was winning. Two, Soma seems very focused on gaining a strategic advantage, and he is willing to gamble to get it. Three, Effort seemed to have stronger overall muta control and was able to create situations where Soma just didn't notice lings in his base, multiple times. I am thinking there is a good chance this will be a very, very messy series, neither player has the 450 apm alien mechanics of Effort and both are brainy zergs. If Soma continues his vs effort builds, he will place first 6-8 lings outside of his base to auto counter. He was doing this alot. This may end up a very stylistic match, Aggressive Soma vs Defensive Soulkey. I haven't seen Soulkey playing ZvZ in a while so I have no idea about his form. I do feel like Soma's advantage is the Champions advantage and that is why I feel it's a 51/49 in his favor, just barely. Soma is way more strong at zvz than Effort. Almost every aspect. Effort muta micro is not really his streng in zvz. I predict that a lot of this games are going to be long muta fights. But also 12h and 9p gambles. | ||
|
AttackZerg
United States7648 Posts
On October 06 2026 18:51 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote: Soma is way more strong at zvz than Effort. Almost every aspect. Effort muta micro is not really his streng in zvz. I predict that a lot of this games are going to be long muta fights. But also 12h and 9p gambles. In the last 3 days, effort beat him repeatedly at the first muta vs muta fight, sometimes 2-3 games in a row, Efforts muta micro has never been his super power (except versus flash), but vs Soma, if you watch the streams from the last few days, it was clear the things I listed were true. Soma lost the majority of the games I saw, and he lost them on build gambles and losing first micro engage, while sneaky lings took advantage of his muta move outs. It was shockingly dominate by effort. Edit: I forget the world is small, Can any koreans ask effort on his stream what his results vs Soma this week were? Forgot to say, I am rooting for both players, I am so happy either of them are going to be in the finals, and I respect them almost equally, although if I could be any bw pro zerg, I would be Soulkey no doubt, his late game is my favorite thing to watch. | ||
| ||
![[image loading]](http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/images/players/647.jpg)