|
Recommended Games+ Show Spoiler ++ Show Spoiler [Game 1] +Poll: Recommend Soulkey vs Soma Game 1?Yes (12) 92% No (1) 8% If you have time (0) 0% 13 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soulkey vs Soma Game 1? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 2] +Poll: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 2?Yes (4) 57% No (2) 29% If you have time (1) 14% 7 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 2? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 3] +Poll: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 3?Yes (21) 91% No (1) 4% If you have time (1) 4% 23 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 3? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 4] +Poll: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 4?Yes (5) 50% If you have time (3) 30% No (2) 20% 10 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 4? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 5] +Poll: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 5?Yes (7) 58% No (5) 42% If you have time (0) 0% 12 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 5? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 6] +Poll: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 6?Yes (14) 88% No (1) 6% If you have time (1) 6% 16 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soma vs Soulkey Game 6? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
+ Show Spoiler [Game 7] + |
On October 06 2026 19:06 AttackZerg wrote:Show nested quote +On October 06 2026 18:51 [sc1f]eonzerg wrote:On October 06 2026 18:25 AttackZerg wrote: Over the last 3 days, Soma and Effort have been playing ZvZ hours and hours a day. Watching them on side by side a few things stood out to me.
One, Soma can lose several games in a row, and just not give shit, and have it not effect his future games, during the worst of it, his mood seemed just as good as when he was winning.
Two, Soma seems very focused on gaining a strategic advantage, and he is willing to gamble to get it.
Three, Effort seemed to have stronger overall muta control and was able to create situations where Soma just didn't notice lings in his base, multiple times.
I am thinking there is a good chance this will be a very, very messy series, neither player has the 450 apm alien mechanics of Effort and both are brainy zergs. If Soma continues his vs effort builds, he will place first 6-8 lings outside of his base to auto counter. He was doing this alot.
This may end up a very stylistic match, Aggressive Soma vs Defensive Soulkey.
I haven't seen Soulkey playing ZvZ in a while so I have no idea about his form.
I do feel like Soma's advantage is the Champions advantage and that is why I feel it's a 51/49 in his favor, just barely. Soma is way more strong at zvz than Effort. Almost every aspect. Effort muta micro is not really his streng in zvz. I predict that a lot of this games are going to be long muta fights. But also 12h and 9p gambles. In the last 3 days, effort beat him repeatedly at the first muta vs muta fight, sometimes 2-3 games in a row, Efforts muta micro has never been his super power (except versus flash), but vs Soma, if you watch the streams from the last few days, it was clear the things I listed were true. Soma lost the majority of the games I saw, and he lost them on build gambles and losing first micro engage, while sneaky lings took advantage of his muta move outs. It was shockingly dominate by effort. Edit: I forget the world is small, Can any koreans ask effort on his stream what his results vs Soma this week were? Forgot to say, I am rooting for both players, I am so happy either of them are going to be in the finals, and I respect them almost equally, although if I could be any bw pro zerg, I would be Soulkey no doubt, his late game is my favorite thing to watch. Well you said it well. Past 3 days. Im talking last 6 years Soma is way more dominant at zvz.But it is true that there was a time Soma was bleeding zvz in ASL compared to his online results. While effort zvz record was insane before his comeback with his wife drama.
Also do you need to account that practise games are for trying things etc. Surely do you want to win but you are basically exploring how the builds are working in different situations.
|
|
|
Rooting for GGs. I love Soma and I think Soulkey winning would be interesting so either result is good for me...
|
both players made 11hatchery but SOma made it at the ramp while soulkey at his natural.
|
Soma doing a ling semi all in timing
|
|
|
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
wonder how many drones it would need to saturate the gas in that position
|
Despite having spire advantage Soulkey is losing his first overlord.
|
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
soma ahead with how well those 3 lings did
|
insane exchange with Soma doing a ling runby that killed a ton of drones. ANd Sk did the same with huge ling counter attack but he didnt kill that many drones from SOma.
|
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
|
Soma taking game 1 after killing most of SK drones now with mutas.
|
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
|
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
Poll: Recommend Soulkey vs Soma Game 1?Yes (12) 92% No (1) 8% If you have time (0) 0% 13 total votes Your vote: Recommend Soulkey vs Soma Game 1? (Vote): Yes (Vote): No (Vote): If you have time
|
|
|
I thought SK would have it after getting the nat up and being ready for the ling attack, what a play from Soma to turn it around.
|
Really important game for Soma there. He was able to turn a builder order deficit into a win.
|
I have started to appreciate zvz way more this season (maybe I'm getting Stockholmed). Just wish the games were longer on avg.
|
At the exact moment I thought "Ya, know after all these years having more then 36 lings and then going muta is so god damn hard to control" Soma began really using aggression to disrupt Soulkeys initiative.
This build was used repeatedly by Soma this week. I really can't believe this guy just fkn streamed his ro4 prep.
Soma is also almost 175 apm higher in this match, then in his practice games ( to eonzerg's point about per game effort in practices games)
|
You know personally i would have played a sunken in that situation instead of what SK did. But im trash lol. But if you scout your opponent that made that hatchery at the main i feel like that is just safer and easier choice to defend.
|
|
|
|
|
|