• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:04
CEST 07:04
KST 14:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8413 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 189

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 383 Next
Cresar
Profile Joined June 2012
Spain20 Posts
August 28 2012 13:20 GMT
#3761
On August 28 2012 21:47 m1rk3 wrote:

Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
[/spoiler]
+ Show Spoiler +
On August 28 2012 14:15 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
I suggest anyone that is buying mech keyboards to get boards that have costar stabilizers. The boards that don't have costar stabilizers use cherry mx stabilizers which means that all the big keys (space bar, shift, enter, back space, etc) are a bit mushy at the bottom. The costar stabilizers use a bar to hold the big keys up without adding the mushiness and thus make all the keys feel the same in the end. While there are advantages to both, it's usually more widely preferred to have costar stabilizers to maintain the same feel on all the keys.

I personally started with Filco (use costar stabilizers) and when I bought a Ducky for travel, I didn't realize it had cherry mx stabilizers. It just feels very weird to have the space bar feel different from the rest of the keys when I'm typing very fast. I feel like I'm making more typing errors because of it. Though if you have never used a mech keyboard before, you probably wouldn't really notice the difference as much. But personally, I'm EXTREMELY close to just returning my Ducky for a Filco Tenkeyless for travel. But restocking fee of 15% on $170 is a bit hard to swallow, gonna try it out some more to see if I get used to it/wear it down a bit.

Costar
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Razer black widows have costar stabilizers, while 6gv2s do not. Just for anyone who wants to know

+ Show Spoiler +

To play Starcraft 2, which do you think is the best mechanism?
Cherry MX Blue, red or black?

If you have read previous posts, it all comes down to preference. I'm surprised you did not find your answer after 188 pages posts. I like switching between blues and reds for sc. Why did you not include browns in your decision? Is this your first mechanical keyboard? Are you ok with the noise levels of the blues compared to the other switches?

I can't tell you what's the best. I can tell you if you read the previous posts you probably could come to a decision as what is the best for you. Then again, you never will really know what you like until you try it. [/QUOTE]

Now I have a SteelSeries 7G with black but I want to change (whim ^ ^) and because I like to try other mechanisms.
Noise about what I have no problem, but if I wish it were a different mechanism than black, to try new things.
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 13:38:29
August 28 2012 13:38 GMT
#3762
@m1rk you should definitely search. I know it seems a tad tedious with all these pages, but it'll be worth it if you want to save yourself time and money. Figuring out which switch is the right one is pivotal. I initially ordered a Black Widow with blue switches only to return it soon thereafter due to the mechanism of the blue switch which for me was a little tricky to double-tap. Since I play FPS which requires quick double-taps to left and right, the blue switches not only were messing my movement but also my aim with several weapons.I ordered a Rosewill and couldn't be quite happier. The red switch allows me to double-tap precisely and its lighter(actuation force of 45g) on my fingers and wrist which have taken a beating over the many years of gaming :D.I may add that for a great typing experience go with blue, but the red is no slouch. I love typing on this keyboard. Also if you really want to get into mechanicals more for fun and such, check out geekhack.org. Great site with interesting takes on keyboards.
kiss me
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
August 28 2012 15:24 GMT
#3763
Technically NOT correct. Black widow does NOT use Costar stabilizers. I am not certain who their OEM is and WHY they messed up the design.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/y3gk9/cheap_upgrade_to_your_razer_blackwidow_try/


On August 28 2012 22:20 Cresar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 28 2012 21:47 m1rk3 wrote:

Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler +
On August 28 2012 14:15 cHaNg-sTa wrote:
I suggest anyone that is buying mech keyboards to get boards that have costar stabilizers. The boards that don't have costar stabilizers use cherry mx stabilizers which means that all the big keys (space bar, shift, enter, back space, etc) are a bit mushy at the bottom. The costar stabilizers use a bar to hold the big keys up without adding the mushiness and thus make all the keys feel the same in the end. While there are advantages to both, it's usually more widely preferred to have costar stabilizers to maintain the same feel on all the keys.

I personally started with Filco (use costar stabilizers) and when I bought a Ducky for travel, I didn't realize it had cherry mx stabilizers. It just feels very weird to have the space bar feel different from the rest of the keys when I'm typing very fast. I feel like I'm making more typing errors because of it. Though if you have never used a mech keyboard before, you probably wouldn't really notice the difference as much. But personally, I'm EXTREMELY close to just returning my Ducky for a Filco Tenkeyless for travel. But restocking fee of 15% on $170 is a bit hard to swallow, gonna try it out some more to see if I get used to it/wear it down a bit.

Costar
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Cherry MX
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Razer black widows have costar stabilizers, while 6gv2s do not. Just for anyone who wants to know

+ Show Spoiler +

To play Starcraft 2, which do you think is the best mechanism?
Cherry MX Blue, red or black?

If you have read previous posts, it all comes down to preference. I'm surprised you did not find your answer after 188 pages posts. I like switching between blues and reds for sc. Why did you not include browns in your decision? Is this your first mechanical keyboard? Are you ok with the noise levels of the blues compared to the other switches?

I can't tell you what's the best. I can tell you if you read the previous posts you probably could come to a decision as what is the best for you. Then again, you never will really know what you like until you try it.
[/spoiler]

Now I have a SteelSeries 7G with black but I want to change (whim ^ ^) and because I like to try other mechanisms.
Noise about what I have no problem, but if I wish it were a different mechanism than black, to try new things.[/QUOTE]
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
August 28 2012 18:18 GMT
#3764
Does someone have any advice on where to find a Noppoo choc mini? I live in Belgium.
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
August 28 2012 18:32 GMT
#3765
Just got my CM Storm quickfire pro, with reds, and it's my first ever mechanical keyboard. I have to say it looks amazing, it's really heavy so it doesn't move upon usage, and using it is a whole another experience. My only problem is the partial backlighting. Now playing sc2 and hitting 200 apm is actually a pleasure. Really lovin it. Have i mentioned i love it? Oh and the reds are like touching silicon boobs, i love it . Btw i love it.
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
August 28 2012 18:33 GMT
#3766
On August 29 2012 03:18 FakePseudo wrote:
Does someone have any advice on where to find a Noppoo choc mini? I live in Belgium.

Check out http://www.ebay.com/sch/qtan5370/m.html. The shop is i think in china or Hong Kong, so the keyboards are really cheap, and the shipping worldwide is also really cheap.
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10094 Posts
August 28 2012 22:18 GMT
#3767
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]

EZ
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
cHaNg-sTa
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1058 Posts
August 28 2012 22:58 GMT
#3768
On August 28 2012 20:07 Cresar wrote:
To play Starcraft 2, which do you think is the best mechanism?
Cherry MX Blue, red or black?

I know that there's people that use blues, blacks, browns, and reds. They're all suitable to play with SC2. It all comes down to preference. You have to try them out in person to know for sure. They're all going to be an upgrade over rubber domes.
Jaedong <3 HOOK'EM HORNS!
INTENZ-_-
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden137 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 01:10:09
August 29 2012 01:09 GMT
#3769
Having used both blue and red I would recommend red over blue. I think most pros use red nowadays too. Black is very heavy and mostly used for fps (you don't want black for rts). Blue is a tad better to write on but red is a lot more comfortable to apm with. Brown could work too.
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 05:54:01
August 29 2012 05:50 GMT
#3770
I purchased a Filco Majestouch 2 with MX Red switches about 2 weeks ago and noticed that after 2 weeks of extensive use my QWER ASDF keys (the ones I use often for gaming) feel different, lighter, when pressing them, compared to the less used keys.

Is this normal? Will this change even more or stay on that level? I assume all other keys will also become like that after some time then?
@riotsnowbird
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
August 29 2012 08:09 GMT
#3771
On August 29 2012 14:50 snowbird wrote:
I purchased a Filco Majestouch 2 with MX Red switches about 2 weeks ago and noticed that after 2 weeks of extensive use my QWER ASDF keys (the ones I use often for gaming) feel different, lighter, when pressing them, compared to the less used keys.

Is this normal? Will this change even more or stay on that level? I assume all other keys will also become like that after some time then?

That's normal, and it will stay at a certain level, if you use them enough, the other keys will come to the same level. Nothing to worry about
Get off my lawn, young punks
snowbird
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Germany2044 Posts
August 29 2012 09:33 GMT
#3772
On August 29 2012 17:09 ACrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2012 14:50 snowbird wrote:
I purchased a Filco Majestouch 2 with MX Red switches about 2 weeks ago and noticed that after 2 weeks of extensive use my QWER ASDF keys (the ones I use often for gaming) feel different, lighter, when pressing them, compared to the less used keys.

Is this normal? Will this change even more or stay on that level? I assume all other keys will also become like that after some time then?

That's normal, and it will stay at a certain level, if you use them enough, the other keys will come to the same level. Nothing to worry about


Cool, I guess all's good then!

The Filco Majestouch 2 is a great keyboard btw
@riotsnowbird
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-29 16:36:40
August 29 2012 16:36 GMT
#3773
On August 29 2012 07:18 ROOTT1 wrote:
[image loading]


EZ



that sir, is a thing of beauty. Love the color patterns of the keys O_o
kiss me
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
August 30 2012 17:42 GMT
#3774
On August 29 2012 14:50 snowbird wrote:
I purchased a Filco Majestouch 2 with MX Red switches about 2 weeks ago and noticed that after 2 weeks of extensive use my QWER ASDF keys (the ones I use often for gaming) feel different, lighter, when pressing them, compared to the less used keys.

Is this normal? Will this change even more or stay on that level? I assume all other keys will also become like that after some time then?



You REALLY see this when you compare a NIB Filco Blue Cherry with year old Filco Blue Cherry.
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-01 20:55:27
September 01 2012 20:55 GMT
#3775
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.
divito
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1213 Posts
September 01 2012 22:42 GMT
#3776
On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.

That would be pretty sweet, if only I played zerg.
Skype: divito7
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-02 07:40:31
September 02 2012 02:08 GMT
#3777
On September 02 2012 07:42 divito wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.

That would be pretty sweet, if only I played zerg.


Not only zerg players can love a good numpad

EDIT: If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll keep you updated.
Kluey
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1197 Posts
September 02 2012 20:22 GMT
#3778
Steelseries 6gv2 Red Switch any good?
DJFaqU
Profile Joined May 2011
466 Posts
September 02 2012 21:45 GMT
#3779
Yes.
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
September 03 2012 04:12 GMT
#3780
On September 02 2012 11:08 AceLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 02 2012 07:42 divito wrote:
On September 02 2012 05:55 AceLight wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/cbiid.jpg

Anyone interested in getting some of these? It seems the sets will cost around $30 each for the numpad. Saw these on Geekhack and currently in the process of contacting the owner. The more interest, the cheaper we can get.

That would be pretty sweet, if only I played zerg.


Not only zerg players can love a good numpad

EDIT: If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM and I'll keep you updated.

Also, pricing on the numpad will look like this -

2 buyers = 29.50 USD each
3 = 25 <----
4 = 23.25
5 = 22
6 = 21.17
...
10 = 17.80
...
20 = 15.02
Prev 1 187 188 189 190 191 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4533
Leta 1650
ViBE134
Bale 56
Shine 31
ZergMaN 9
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm217
League of Legends
JimRising 643
Other Games
summit1g8339
WinterStarcraft589
Sick121
Mew2King32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick517
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta30
• Letter1410
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2107
League of Legends
• Lourlo1024
• Rush484
Other Games
• Shiphtur314
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 56m
Patches Events
9h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 56m
OSC
17h 56m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.