• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:08
CEST 16:08
KST 23:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7090 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 174

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 383 Next
halldor
Profile Joined December 2011
Iceland43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 21:25:50
July 26 2012 21:24 GMT
#3461
guys need some help, my backspace button has started to make some squeeking noises when i press it ,it's really annoying , is there any way to fix it or do i just need to return it?
edit: i got it like 4 days ago
for the swarm
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 26 2012 21:45 GMT
#3462
On July 27 2012 06:24 halldor wrote:
guys need some help, my backspace button has started to make some squeeking noises when i press it ,it's really annoying , is there any way to fix it or do i just need to return it?
edit: i got it like 4 days ago


Remove the keycap (be careful with the stabilizers) and lube the parts. Replace the keycap. Done!
halldor
Profile Joined December 2011
Iceland43 Posts
July 26 2012 21:52 GMT
#3463
@sawedust, stabalizers? where do i get a new keycap to replace it with? with what do i lube it?
for the swarm
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 26 2012 22:37 GMT
#3464
On July 27 2012 06:52 halldor wrote:
@sawedust, stabalizers? where do i get a new keycap to replace it with? with what do i lube it?


You are using a mechanical keyboard, right? I just assumed since you're posting in this thread.

There are guides to removing and replacing the keycaps as well as lubing them in the first post.

Alternatively, you can check out the guide that I've written here:
http://www.quanticgaming.com/articles/News/StarCraft-2/185/Shifting-Gears-Maintaining-Your-Mechanical-Keyboard/

Goes with you step-by-step on how you can clean and maintain your keyboard as well as how to remove the stabilized keys easily and safely. Be sure to have a keycap puller; if you don't have one, you can make one using some large paper clips.

Also checked out the OP, hard to believe that for Value/Quality that the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid is not listed on there.That board is a budget Filco with loud keycaps (which can easily be replaced by using the guides available) and is available in all four major switch types.
halldor
Profile Joined December 2011
Iceland43 Posts
July 26 2012 22:57 GMT
#3465
thanks dude
for the swarm
Audemed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States893 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 02:56:27
July 27 2012 02:55 GMT
#3466
Just picked up a Mionix Zibal 60 at the local Fry's a few weeks ago, and I've found it to be really great. First mech keyboard, coming from 4 years with a Lycosa (not used to full profile keys), but typing on it is just great. Great styling, All black with just the green LED's for the locks and the backlights. Also has a sort of "matte" finish over it all, no shiny shit to get fingerprints.

The Cherry blacks are lightening up already, and the backlight is great, although a bit dim compared to my old Razer. It's incredibly solid as well; it weighs more than 2 lbs and I don't think I could break it if i tried. Another plus is it has the audio and USB ports on the backside of the board. Unfortunately, it's also one of the more expensive KB's i've seen, cost me a cool $150USD.

[image loading]
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell
Sovano
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1503 Posts
July 27 2012 03:57 GMT
#3467
On July 27 2012 07:37 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 06:52 halldor wrote:
@sawedust, stabalizers? where do i get a new keycap to replace it with? with what do i lube it?


You are using a mechanical keyboard, right? I just assumed since you're posting in this thread.

There are guides to removing and replacing the keycaps as well as lubing them in the first post.

Alternatively, you can check out the guide that I've written here:
http://www.quanticgaming.com/articles/News/StarCraft-2/185/Shifting-Gears-Maintaining-Your-Mechanical-Keyboard/

Goes with you step-by-step on how you can clean and maintain your keyboard as well as how to remove the stabilized keys easily and safely. Be sure to have a keycap puller; if you don't have one, you can make one using some large paper clips.

Also checked out the OP, hard to believe that for Value/Quality that the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid is not listed on there.That board is a budget Filco with loud keycaps (which can easily be replaced by using the guides available) and is available in all four major switch types.

I've had my CM Storm QFR for a few months now and I'm still loving it. The keyboard isn't that loud, at least in my opinion, but you can always use O-Rings if you want to reduce the sounds it emits. Most of the sound is coming from me bottoming out to be honest, which I guess also corresponds with the key caps given.
AngryFarmer
Profile Joined June 2011
United States560 Posts
July 27 2012 06:27 GMT
#3468
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 27 2012 08:54 GMT
#3469
On July 27 2012 12:57 Sovano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 07:37 sawedust wrote:
On July 27 2012 06:52 halldor wrote:
@sawedust, stabalizers? where do i get a new keycap to replace it with? with what do i lube it?


You are using a mechanical keyboard, right? I just assumed since you're posting in this thread.

There are guides to removing and replacing the keycaps as well as lubing them in the first post.

Alternatively, you can check out the guide that I've written here:
http://www.quanticgaming.com/articles/News/StarCraft-2/185/Shifting-Gears-Maintaining-Your-Mechanical-Keyboard/

Goes with you step-by-step on how you can clean and maintain your keyboard as well as how to remove the stabilized keys easily and safely. Be sure to have a keycap puller; if you don't have one, you can make one using some large paper clips.

Also checked out the OP, hard to believe that for Value/Quality that the CM Storm QuickFire Rapid is not listed on there.That board is a budget Filco with loud keycaps (which can easily be replaced by using the guides available) and is available in all four major switch types.

I've had my CM Storm QFR for a few months now and I'm still loving it. The keyboard isn't that loud, at least in my opinion, but you can always use O-Rings if you want to reduce the sounds it emits. Most of the sound is coming from me bottoming out to be honest, which I guess also corresponds with the key caps given.


Haha, didn't clarify that enough; by "loud," I meant gaudy/tacky/love 'em or hate 'em. CM branding everywhere!

They do look beautiful with a set of blanks or engraved caps, makes the look a lot cleaner and more aesthetically-pleasing in my opinion.

O-rings are amazing! I wouldn't use my keyboard without them. Kind of weird though, I prefer 50A on my browns but 40A on my reds and blues. Absolutely love the feel of reds with 40As <3
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 27 2012 08:57 GMT
#3470
On July 27 2012 15:27 AngryFarmer wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?


Answer the following below:

Full-sized or TKL?

ABS or PBT keycaps, or doesn't matter?

Backlight or no backlight?

Detachable USB cable or no detachable cable?

Glossy or matte finish?

Budget?

This will help in finding the right keyboard for you.
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
July 27 2012 12:47 GMT
#3471
On July 27 2012 17:57 sawedust wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 15:27 AngryFarmer wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?


Answer the following below:

Full-sized or TKL?

ABS or PBT keycaps, or doesn't matter?

Backlight or no backlight?

Detachable USB cable or no detachable cable?

Glossy or matte finish?

Budget?

This will help in finding the right keyboard for you.


I'm going to piggyback on this guy's question cause I also need the same help.

TKL, doesn't matter, no backlight, USB, don't care, max ~120ish preferably a little less.

Also I really want a blank one with no lettering on it.
Jomppa
Profile Joined July 2011
1225 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 14:21:13
July 27 2012 13:29 GMT
#3472
What do you guys think about CM Storm QuickFire Pro? I could get it for 65€. Other option is Qpad MK-50 for 69€, which one do you think is better?

E: Both have Cherry MX red switches.
E2: Also, can you remove wrist rest from MK-50? If you can't I'll get Quickfire pro.
exousia_7
Profile Joined December 2011
Taiwan215 Posts
July 27 2012 13:52 GMT
#3473
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 21:47 Seiferz wrote:
On July 27 2012 17:57 sawedust wrote:
On July 27 2012 15:27 AngryFarmer wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?


Answer the following below:

Full-sized or TKL?

ABS or PBT keycaps, or doesn't matter?

Backlight or no backlight?

Detachable USB cable or no detachable cable?

Glossy or matte finish?

Budget?

This will help in finding the right keyboard for you.


I'm going to piggyback on this guy's question cause I also need the same help.

TKL, doesn't matter, no backlight, USB, don't care, max ~120ish preferably a little less.


Also I really want a blank one with no lettering on it.


There is also another matter where you guys have to know which keyboards are available around your respectable areas, unless you already plan on ordering online.
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
July 27 2012 14:46 GMT
#3474
On July 27 2012 22:52 exousia_7 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 21:47 Seiferz wrote:
On July 27 2012 17:57 sawedust wrote:
On July 27 2012 15:27 AngryFarmer wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?


Answer the following below:

Full-sized or TKL?

ABS or PBT keycaps, or doesn't matter?

Backlight or no backlight?

Detachable USB cable or no detachable cable?

Glossy or matte finish?

Budget?

This will help in finding the right keyboard for you.


I'm going to piggyback on this guy's question cause I also need the same help.

TKL, doesn't matter, no backlight, USB, don't care, max ~120ish preferably a little less.


Also I really want a blank one with no lettering on it.


There is also another matter where you guys have to know which keyboards are available around your respectable areas, unless you already plan on ordering online.


yes, online. i don't know of any place that sells good mechanical keyboards around here anyway.
lock203
Profile Joined March 2011
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-27 17:46:31
July 27 2012 17:43 GMT
#3475
On July 27 2012 21:47 Seiferz wrote:

I'm going to piggyback on this guy's question cause I also need the same help.

TKL, doesn't matter, no backlight, USB, don't care, max ~120ish preferably a little less.

Also I really want a blank one with no lettering on it.


I would suggest a leopold if you want keyboard with no lettering elite keyboards sells them for around $100 link.

The CM storm is a also a good choice and is cheaper, but you will have to buy the blank keys for around 40$.

Either choice will probably be close to $120 after shipping.
Where do whores go?
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
July 27 2012 17:44 GMT
#3476
On July 27 2012 22:29 Jomppa wrote:
What do you guys think about CM Storm QuickFire Pro? I could get it for 65€. Other option is Qpad MK-50 for 69€, which one do you think is better?

E: Both have Cherry MX red switches.
E2: Also, can you remove wrist rest from MK-50? If you can't I'll get Quickfire pro.

65 eu only ?!?! i'll get mine for 110 eu, totally worth it, don't know about qpad though
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Jomppa
Profile Joined July 2011
1225 Posts
July 27 2012 18:06 GMT
#3477
On July 28 2012 02:44 Silencioseu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 22:29 Jomppa wrote:
What do you guys think about CM Storm QuickFire Pro? I could get it for 65€. Other option is Qpad MK-50 for 69€, which one do you think is better?

E: Both have Cherry MX red switches.
E2: Also, can you remove wrist rest from MK-50? If you can't I'll get Quickfire pro.

65 eu only ?!?! i'll get mine for 110 eu, totally worth it, don't know about qpad though

Normally 95€ but I'm going to assembly next week and they're selling cheap stuff there.
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 27 2012 18:35 GMT
#3478
On July 27 2012 21:47 Seiferz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2012 17:57 sawedust wrote:
On July 27 2012 15:27 AngryFarmer wrote:
Can anyone recommend a good Cherry Brown keyboard. By good I mean good price performance?


Answer the following below:

Full-sized or TKL?

ABS or PBT keycaps, or doesn't matter?

Backlight or no backlight?

Detachable USB cable or no detachable cable?

Glossy or matte finish?

Budget?

This will help in finding the right keyboard for you.


I'm going to piggyback on this guy's question cause I also need the same help.

TKL, doesn't matter, no backlight, USB, don't care, max ~120ish preferably a little less.

Also I really want a blank one with no lettering on it.


Leopold browns out of stock at EK, those would have been the ones I would have recommended as well.

Best option now is to get a CM Storm QF Rapid and get blanks on the side.

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=72
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/87-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

Normally I'd recommend blank PBT sets, but the only place I've found them were classifieds, group buys, or Taobao.
Seiferz
Profile Joined May 2011
United States640 Posts
July 27 2012 19:30 GMT
#3479
alright thanks. it's pretty simple to replace key caps right? do i need any special tools?
sawedust
Profile Joined December 2010
United States506 Posts
July 27 2012 20:30 GMT
#3480
On July 28 2012 04:30 Seiferz wrote:
alright thanks. it's pretty simple to replace key caps right? do i need any special tools?


Yeah, it's very easy to remove and replace keycaps. I already posted the link to do so above, but to save you time from scrolling up the screen I'll post it here again.

http://www.quanticgaming.com/articles/News/StarCraft-2/185/Shifting-Gears-Maintaining-Your-Mechanical-Keyboard/

It's ideal to have a keycap puller to remove the keycaps. If you don't have one, make one with large paper clips. Alternatively, you can buy a keycap puller from one of the many vendors out there.
Prev 1 172 173 174 175 176 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 258
MaxPax 211
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65027
Calm 4196
Shuttle 3097
Bisu 1835
FanTaSy 1555
EffOrt 736
Mini 638
Soma 479
Rush 440
Stork 347
[ Show more ]
Light 273
firebathero 247
Hyuk 244
Snow 215
ZerO 170
Soulkey 133
Barracks 112
actioN 111
Killer 83
Zeus 81
hero 69
Dewaltoss 63
Sea.KH 59
Mong 53
Pusan 52
Last 46
Hyun 41
Shinee 39
Bale 33
Free 31
ToSsGirL 30
Shine 28
Yoon 24
PianO 21
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
zelot 20
sorry 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 12
Sacsri 9
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7380
Dendi841
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1262
kRYSTAL_104
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko435
crisheroes310
Other Games
gofns54145
singsing2157
B2W.Neo755
hiko428
DeMusliM267
byalli258
Hui .190
Livibee186
Liquid`VortiX150
Mew2King84
Rex49
ZerO(Twitch)13
Trikslyr5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV244
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1701
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 8m
Replay Cast
8h 53m
OSC
1d 8h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 19h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.