• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:24
CEST 14:24
KST 21:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8616 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 173

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 383 Next
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-24 18:53:02
July 24 2012 18:51 GMT
#3441
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 02:46 Hashbaz wrote:
On July 23 2012 11:37 Sein wrote:
Do you see any potential problem with the USB connection on the keyboard? That seems to be the biggest problem with that keyboard from what I've read so far and a lot of people have experienced it quickly becoming loose.


On July 25 2012 00:06 djcube wrote:
Avoid this keyboard. I bought it from Newegg in January and it just broke on me yesterday. There is a small soldered plate on the keyboard where the detachable cable connects to it and it is VERY fragile. I'm pretty pissed off considering I used it for about half a year and kept it in good condition (it just sat on my desk). The keyboard actually felt great while it worked, but it will break on you and a lot of other buyers seem to have the same exact issue with this soldered piece. I emailed Rosewill about this problem, but there's probably nothing that will be done considering it's been about half a year now since purchase.

FWIW I have two Rosewills as my daily drivers at home and work and have had zero issues with them. They go on sale frequently at Newegg, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them despite a few people having issues with the USB connection.

Some people have had connection issues with Pokers as well. Maybe you got a dud, or were just unlucky. But lots of people own Rosewills and there's no general "stay away" consensus.

How long have you been using your RK9000 keyboards because if it's been less than 12 months you better hope they make it through the year.

I definitely would not recommend this particular model and I'm definitely not alone with this issue. There are several reviews on Newegg from verified customers with the exact same problems that I mentioned, so it's hard for me to believe that I received a dud or this was an isolated incident.
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
July 24 2012 21:11 GMT
#3442
On July 24 2012 08:22 Silencioseu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2012 08:10 Wintex wrote:
Does anyone know where to get keycaps to my SS 6gv2 like TaeJa? He had this awesome Filco with rainbow keycaps! You're my only hope! <3

Check out wasdkeyboards.com


Any other sites I can visit for keycaps? The don't have the colors. Ingraved would also be nice
The Bomber boy
lock203
Profile Joined March 2011
United States43 Posts
July 24 2012 21:31 GMT
#3443
Are these the colors, you can choose engraved as an option. link
Where do whores go?
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
July 24 2012 22:56 GMT
#3444
On July 25 2012 06:11 Wintex wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 24 2012 08:22 Silencioseu wrote:
On July 24 2012 08:10 Wintex wrote:
Does anyone know where to get keycaps to my SS 6gv2 like TaeJa? He had this awesome Filco with rainbow keycaps! You're my only hope! <3

Check out wasdkeyboards.com


Any other sites I can visit for keycaps? The don't have the colors. Ingraved would also be nice

I'm pretty sure you can customize colours for custom keycaps. you click on the key and select a color for it on custom keyboard designer thingy.
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
July 24 2012 23:43 GMT
#3445
Does anyone know where can i get the coolermaster storm quickfire rapid with red switches IN EUROPE to be exact in cyprus, or even in bulgaria if it's needed(i have people that can send it over there)
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
July 25 2012 00:07 GMT
#3446
someone asked about the connector problem for the Rosewill. I just got mine and obviously haven't experienced problems. I actually secured the connection to the keyboard with black electrical tape just to be careful(secured it pretty good with lots of it). The keyboard feels solid though and hopefully the USB plate won't be a problem. Either way, I bought this rk9000 for $65 with red switches to see how they felt as I didn't quite like blues for gaming which is what I do mostly. I'll upgrade soon to a Ducky or Filco.
kiss me
Bakkendepao
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands185 Posts
July 25 2012 00:16 GMT
#3447
On July 25 2012 09:07 derb2k2 wrote:
someone asked about the connector problem for the Rosewill. I just got mine and obviously haven't experienced problems. I actually secured the connection to the keyboard with black electrical tape just to be careful(secured it pretty good with lots of it). The keyboard feels solid though and hopefully the USB plate won't be a problem. Either way, I bought this rk9000 for $65 with red switches to see how they felt as I didn't quite like blues for gaming which is what I do mostly. I'll upgrade soon to a Ducky or Filco.

Do you like the reds tho?
[1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: >having a signature [1:11:58] محمد بن راشد آل مكتوم: what are you
djcube
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States985 Posts
July 25 2012 00:54 GMT
#3448
On July 25 2012 09:16 Bakkendepao wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 25 2012 09:07 derb2k2 wrote:
someone asked about the connector problem for the Rosewill. I just got mine and obviously haven't experienced problems. I actually secured the connection to the keyboard with black electrical tape just to be careful(secured it pretty good with lots of it). The keyboard feels solid though and hopefully the USB plate won't be a problem. Either way, I bought this rk9000 for $65 with red switches to see how they felt as I didn't quite like blues for gaming which is what I do mostly. I'll upgrade soon to a Ducky or Filco.

Do you like the reds tho?

The keyboard itself (Rosewill RK9000 with reds) actually felt great while it was functioning. I previously owned a 6Gv2 (black) and Das S Prof Silent (brown) and ended up keeping the Rosewill RK9000. Both the 6Gv2 and Das were great to type on, but the Rosewill actually felt slightly better while gaming (mainly during keyboard heavy games like SC). I found the tactile bump of the browns to be kind of a nuisance when spamming the keyboard in RTS games, although this is very minor and in no way a deal breaker. In terms of pure typing experience, the black keys were a bit too resistant for me with the browns and reds both feeling fine (maybe the browns felt slightly better in regular typing, but it's minimal).
Vahriel
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia73 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-25 03:49:14
July 25 2012 03:48 GMT
#3449
Hey guys, I'm a Mechanical Keyboard noob, and looking into buying my first one. I've decided on getting Cherry MX Brown switches, just from all I've read, I feel they'll be best for me, as I do a lot of typing when Im gaming (I play MMOs :X) as well as having that good gaming feel for other games like SC2 and DoTA, kinda like getting the best of both worlds. so now that Ive decided on the switches, I need to decide on a keyboard: I've come up with 3 candidates, but, Im open to more suggestions.

* Filco Majestouch2 Keyboard 104-key Cherry Brown
* Leopold FC700R Mechanical Keyboard Graphite (Cherry Brown)
* Ducky DK9008 Shine II Mech Keyboard Blue LED (Cherry Brown)

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!
ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı ǝןıɥʍuɐǝɯ
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
July 25 2012 04:54 GMT
#3450
[QUOTE]On July 24 2012 17:59 sawedust wrote:
[QUOTE]On July 24 2012 09:21 imagran wrote:

...When it comes to typing, it's more of a wash between reds and browns. The reds are very light switches and feel like typing on a "cloud of boobs."...

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean boobs are like typing on reds.


The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
July 25 2012 16:53 GMT
#3451
[QUOTE]On July 25 2012 13:54 slytown wrote:
[QUOTE]On July 24 2012 17:59 sawedust wrote:
[QUOTE]On July 24 2012 09:21 imagran wrote:

...When it comes to typing, it's more of a wash between reds and browns. The reds are very light switches and feel like typing on a "cloud of boobs."...

[/QUOTE]

I think you mean boobs are like typing on reds.


[/QUOTE]

Playing with boobs is like typing on reds
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
July 26 2012 01:26 GMT
#3452
i can honestly say that I love typing on these reds. I haven't typed on browns, but I'm not so sure the difference would be substantial in terms of better typing experience. I think reds are also easier to actuate than browns.

I'm loving the reds, and since I usually bottom out when typing, i hear the lovely clack against the plate.
kiss me
OuchyDathurts
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4588 Posts
July 26 2012 02:31 GMT
#3453
On July 25 2012 12:48 Vahriel wrote:
Hey guys, I'm a Mechanical Keyboard noob, and looking into buying my first one. I've decided on getting Cherry MX Brown switches, just from all I've read, I feel they'll be best for me, as I do a lot of typing when Im gaming (I play MMOs :X) as well as having that good gaming feel for other games like SC2 and DoTA, kinda like getting the best of both worlds. so now that Ive decided on the switches, I need to decide on a keyboard: I've come up with 3 candidates, but, Im open to more suggestions.

* Filco Majestouch2 Keyboard 104-key Cherry Brown
* Leopold FC700R Mechanical Keyboard Graphite (Cherry Brown)
* Ducky DK9008 Shine II Mech Keyboard Blue LED (Cherry Brown)

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!


I've had the Ducky Shine DK9008S Purple LED with Cherry Browns for a month or so and love it. Had a rubber dome before and it feels good. I did put the O-ring dampeners from WASDkeyboards on it though to quiet it down.
LiquidDota Staff
hitchslap
Profile Joined July 2012
20 Posts
July 26 2012 03:51 GMT
#3454
Hey guys I have had a das keyboard for about a year and all of a sudden the up and left arrow keys just randomly stopped working. Both keys feel completely normal when I push them and I already tried cleaning under the keys. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to fix the two keys or if there is any troubleshooting I could do to find out whats wrong.

btw they are Cherry MX brown mechanical key switches
frostalgia
Profile Joined March 2011
United States178 Posts
July 26 2012 04:10 GMT
#3455
I was nervous about playing SC2 on Cherry Blues, but since I am coming from a rubberdome, I decided it's worth a shot.
I always completely release the key when I doubletap.. it seems the doubletap issue is for those who release a key halfway.
Noise is also not an issue for me, in fact I think it will help me concentrate.
I needed a cheap replacement (spilled beer on my old one and some keys now don't work) and wanted a 'starter' mechanical keyboard.. I figure someday I can always get another one (red or brown) and just keep the blues for typing.
After some research, it seems many people have no problem using Blues with games, the rare doubletap issue is probably only an issue for those used to mech boards, and don't always release keys all the way. This is just not an issue for me.
I found a CM Storm Quickfire Rapid tenkeyless with cherry blues for $65 on Amazon, and am more than happy to finally be making the 'switch'. :D
we are all but shadows in the void
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
July 26 2012 06:03 GMT
#3456
On July 25 2012 09:07 derb2k2 wrote:
someone asked about the connector problem for the Rosewill. I just got mine and obviously haven't experienced problems. I actually secured the connection to the keyboard with black electrical tape just to be careful(secured it pretty good with lots of it). The keyboard feels solid though and hopefully the USB plate won't be a problem. Either way, I bought this rk9000 for $65 with red switches to see how they felt as I didn't quite like blues for gaming which is what I do mostly. I'll upgrade soon to a Ducky or Filco.



Other trick is to use a mini right angle dongle as strain relief and is easy to replace if connection goes bad from use.

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wtwdl/quick_fix_for_those_of_you_worried_about_miniusb/
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Ryhzuo
Profile Joined November 2011
New Zealand198 Posts
July 26 2012 09:46 GMT
#3457
Just bought my first mechanical keyboard. CM Rapidfire w/ blue switches. I gotta admit I'm absolutely loving the feel and sound of each keystroke. Roommates, not so much.

Also haven't had an issue with double tapping yet. But I have noticed an issue with junk and hair getting into the spaces between the keys. I can tell there's going to be many a cleaning day ahead.
Lu_e
Profile Joined December 2011
United States95 Posts
July 26 2012 17:33 GMT
#3458
Try to make/find a keyboard 'roof' http://www.elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,roofs
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-26 18:29:33
July 26 2012 18:28 GMT
#3459
New Razer Tenkeyless could hit $50 at retail.
[image loading]

more details:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/x6tts/razer_updates_their_mechanical_keyboards/
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Waterflow
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1550 Posts
July 26 2012 20:20 GMT
#3460
On July 27 2012 03:28 ripster wrote:
New Razer Tenkeyless could hit $50 at retail.
[image loading]

more details:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/x6tts/razer_updates_their_mechanical_keyboards/


yuck.......

I like tenkeyless but that thing........ no thx!
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1207
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 238
Rex 81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 54492
Calm 3791
Shuttle 2813
Bisu 1321
FanTaSy 1296
firebathero 389
Stork 275
Hyuk 263
Zeus 252
actioN 250
[ Show more ]
Mini 237
Soma 232
Rush 223
EffOrt 208
Soulkey 145
Last 139
Light 128
ZerO 114
Snow 110
Mong 71
Dewaltoss 64
PianO 64
Pusan 56
Sea.KH 56
Killer 45
JYJ 44
NotJumperer 37
hero 36
Barracks 36
Free 35
Shinee 34
ToSsGirL 31
Yoon 30
Bale 29
Aegong 27
Sharp 22
Shine 20
sorry 20
HiyA 19
yabsab 19
Sacsri 18
Noble 16
Dota 2
Gorgc6421
Dendi520
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1328
kRYSTAL_97
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King97
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko425
Other Games
gofns33593
singsing1994
B2W.Neo660
crisheroes245
DeMusliM213
hiko152
Livibee98
byalli14
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream18
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
36m
OSC
9h 51m
Replay Cast
10h 36m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.