• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:02
CEST 11:02
KST 18:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6173 users

Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 171

Forum Index > Tech Support
Post a Reply
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 383 Next
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
July 22 2012 07:09 GMT
#3401
On July 22 2012 15:52 Sein wrote:
Looking at this one right now: http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Model-Professional-Mechanical/dp/B003M567V6/ref=pd_cp_e_0

It is $60 more than Razer Blackwidow. I've heard that the Razer keyboards have some quality control issues, but is Das S really worth almost double the cost?

I've been using SS 6gv2, but I honestly feel that the black keys are too stiff for me and I would also like to have tactile feedback. It's been an extremely reliable keyboard though, so I'm looking for same reliability + the tactile feedback of blue keys.


Is it counts for anything, ROOTDestiny swears by that keyboard, and I personally had one and I was super pleased with it but gave it to my sister when her keyboard broke and bought myself a Ducky Shine.
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
July 22 2012 08:17 GMT
#3402
On July 22 2012 16:09 AceLight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2012 15:52 Sein wrote:
Looking at this one right now: http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Model-Professional-Mechanical/dp/B003M567V6/ref=pd_cp_e_0

It is $60 more than Razer Blackwidow. I've heard that the Razer keyboards have some quality control issues, but is Das S really worth almost double the cost?

I've been using SS 6gv2, but I honestly feel that the black keys are too stiff for me and I would also like to have tactile feedback. It's been an extremely reliable keyboard though, so I'm looking for same reliability + the tactile feedback of blue keys.


Is it counts for anything, ROOTDestiny swears by that keyboard, and I personally had one and I was super pleased with it but gave it to my sister when her keyboard broke and bought myself a Ducky Shine.


How about Leopold blue keys? It is cheaper, but how does it compare to Das S and Razer BW?
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
July 22 2012 17:07 GMT
#3403
On July 21 2012 10:04 Bakkendepao wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2012 08:38 ripster wrote:
On July 20 2012 20:38 derb2k2 wrote:
just registerd on Geekhack site. Never would've thought that there'd be so much to keyboards.


You should have seen it when it had PICTURES and WIKIS!

kinda like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wtddk/repost_want_to_see_more_mods_ripster_guides_wikis/

Be careful ripster, you have to troll a little bit more subtle because the policies here are pretty strict.

Planning on buying a filco, still not sure if its worth the 135 quid. How long would it last, taking in regard I never eat or drink near my pc and clean it twice a year or so.



I'll be good.

Can I mention the free Reddit Dell AT101W Giveaway is ending July 31st?
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
July 22 2012 17:17 GMT
#3404
On July 23 2012 02:07 ripster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 21 2012 10:04 Bakkendepao wrote:
On July 21 2012 08:38 ripster wrote:
On July 20 2012 20:38 derb2k2 wrote:
just registerd on Geekhack site. Never would've thought that there'd be so much to keyboards.


You should have seen it when it had PICTURES and WIKIS!

kinda like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wtddk/repost_want_to_see_more_mods_ripster_guides_wikis/

Be careful ripster, you have to troll a little bit more subtle because the policies here are pretty strict.

Planning on buying a filco, still not sure if its worth the 135 quid. How long would it last, taking in regard I never eat or drink near my pc and clean it twice a year or so.



I'll be good.

Can I mention the free Reddit Dell AT101W Giveaway is ending July 31st?


I'd run stuff like that past mahnini if I was you. You probably get some street cred for who you are, but since you're not exactly a hugely active community member here it might look bad if all you do is crosslink to reddit shit.
hoLyNtt
Profile Joined April 2011
United States170 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 02:20:44
July 23 2012 02:17 GMT
#3405
had my Rosewill rk9000 for a few days now and can say it feels so good to type on. The red switches make a huge difference from the normal membrane. These reds are more responsive and can easily be double-tapped, better than blues on teh black widow. Due to the size and layout of it compared to the G110 logitech I had before, I've had to get used to the placement of my hands and such. It feels great to type on and can play Quake Live with no dodging or strafe problems. I'm totally in love with these modern mech boards now and will be looking to upgrade.


Halldor, how's that majestouch working for ya? must be sweet. :D
kiss me
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
July 23 2012 02:22 GMT
#3406
On July 23 2012 02:17 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 02:07 ripster wrote:
On July 21 2012 10:04 Bakkendepao wrote:
On July 21 2012 08:38 ripster wrote:
On July 20 2012 20:38 derb2k2 wrote:
just registerd on Geekhack site. Never would've thought that there'd be so much to keyboards.


You should have seen it when it had PICTURES and WIKIS!

kinda like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wtddk/repost_want_to_see_more_mods_ripster_guides_wikis/

Be careful ripster, you have to troll a little bit more subtle because the policies here are pretty strict.

Planning on buying a filco, still not sure if its worth the 135 quid. How long would it last, taking in regard I never eat or drink near my pc and clean it twice a year or so.



I'll be good.

Can I mention the free Reddit Dell AT101W Giveaway is ending July 31st?


I'd run stuff like that past mahnini if I was you. You probably get some street cred for who you are, but since you're not exactly a hugely active community member here it might look bad if all you do is crosslink to reddit shit.


OK, I won't then.
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
slytown
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)1411 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 02:26:04
July 23 2012 02:25 GMT
#3407
On July 23 2012 11:22 ripster wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 23 2012 02:17 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 02:07 ripster wrote:
On July 21 2012 10:04 Bakkendepao wrote:
On July 21 2012 08:38 ripster wrote:
On July 20 2012 20:38 derb2k2 wrote:
just registerd on Geekhack site. Never would've thought that there'd be so much to keyboards.


You should have seen it when it had PICTURES and WIKIS!

kinda like this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/wtddk/repost_want_to_see_more_mods_ripster_guides_wikis/

Be careful ripster, you have to troll a little bit more subtle because the policies here are pretty strict.

Planning on buying a filco, still not sure if its worth the 135 quid. How long would it last, taking in regard I never eat or drink near my pc and clean it twice a year or so.



I'll be good.

Can I mention the free Reddit Dell AT101W Giveaway is ending July 31st?


I'd run stuff like that past mahnini if I was you. You probably get some street cred for who you are, but since you're not exactly a hugely active community member here it might look bad if all you do is crosslink to reddit shit.


OK, I won't then.



It's a nice idea, but Rip has no street cred here. Just keep spreading the word about his awesomeness. :d
The best Flash meme ever: http://imgur.com/zquoK
Sein
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1811 Posts
July 23 2012 02:37 GMT
#3408
On July 23 2012 11:17 derb2k2 wrote:
had my Rosewill rk9000 for a few days now and can say it feels so good to type on. The red switches make a huge difference from the normal membrane. These reds are more responsive and can easily be double-tapped, better than blues on teh black widow. Due to the size and layout of it compared to the G110 logitech I had before, I've had to get used to the placement of my hands and such. It feels great to type on and can play Quake Live with no dodging or strafe problems. I'm totally in love with these modern mech boards now and will be looking to upgrade.


Halldor, how's that majestouch working for ya? must be sweet. :D


Do you see any potential problem with the USB connection on the keyboard? That seems to be the biggest problem with that keyboard from what I've read so far and a lot of people have experienced it quickly becoming loose.
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
July 23 2012 05:20 GMT
#3409
God damnit. Just spilt a large glass of water right on my Das. Unplugged it fairly quickly and removed all the keycaps to help it dry out... Heres to hoping it works when its dry =\
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
July 23 2012 05:44 GMT
#3410
On July 23 2012 14:20 Blackhawk13 wrote:
God damnit. Just spilt a large glass of water right on my Das. Unplugged it fairly quickly and removed all the keycaps to help it dry out... Heres to hoping it works when its dry =\


Damn that sucks.

Hope nothing got damaged.
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
AceLight
Profile Joined March 2012
New Zealand220 Posts
July 23 2012 05:49 GMT
#3411
On July 22 2012 17:17 Sein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2012 16:09 AceLight wrote:
On July 22 2012 15:52 Sein wrote:
Looking at this one right now: http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-Model-Professional-Mechanical/dp/B003M567V6/ref=pd_cp_e_0

It is $60 more than Razer Blackwidow. I've heard that the Razer keyboards have some quality control issues, but is Das S really worth almost double the cost?

I've been using SS 6gv2, but I honestly feel that the black keys are too stiff for me and I would also like to have tactile feedback. It's been an extremely reliable keyboard though, so I'm looking for same reliability + the tactile feedback of blue keys.


Is it counts for anything, ROOTDestiny swears by that keyboard, and I personally had one and I was super pleased with it but gave it to my sister when her keyboard broke and bought myself a Ducky Shine.


How about Leopold blue keys? It is cheaper, but how does it compare to Das S and Razer BW?


Skip the BW, It's famous for bad build quality. As for Leopol, it come to pereference on key size and looks really.
halldor
Profile Joined December 2011
Iceland43 Posts
July 23 2012 07:42 GMT
#3412
@derb, it's great, i love the way it looks, i lvoe the way if feels, it's so easy so spam/double tap compared to the blues, so yeah in short , i love it ^^
for the swarm
ripster
Profile Joined July 2012
United States64 Posts
July 23 2012 13:46 GMT
#3413
On July 23 2012 14:20 Blackhawk13 wrote:
God damnit. Just spilt a large glass of water right on my Das. Unplugged it fairly quickly and removed all the keycaps to help it dry out... Heres to hoping it works when its dry =\



Try this (sorry about borked pics)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1255538/help-broken-my-qpad-mechanical-keyboard-after-spill#post_17215757
The Number One Mechanical Keyboard Expert On The Liquid Planet
Irreversal
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States75 Posts
July 23 2012 14:35 GMT
#3414
Group buys for the Ducky Shine II are starting. Heres the link with all the info.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Massdrop/comments/wtnt8/keyboard_amazing_news_read_this_asap/
DG.Zeya
Profile Joined January 2012
United States39 Posts
July 23 2012 14:49 GMT
#3415
I have question, dunno if anyone can help. I'm looking at a tenkeyless Ducky keyboard with Cherry Brown switches (http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42) but I cannot stand the fact that the letters on the right side of the keyboard have a number pad on them. That's the reason I'm getting tenkeyless in the first place! I assume it's activated by some sort of function key and thus I could just never use it, but looking at it is annoying.

So my question is, does anyone know of a similar keyboard, tenkeyless, brown switches, without the numpad like that? Please don't say CM Quickfire-- I hate the font on ALL of the CM keyboards.
Blackhawk13
Profile Joined April 2010
United States442 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 19:41:33
July 23 2012 17:57 GMT
#3416
On July 23 2012 22:46 ripster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 23 2012 14:20 Blackhawk13 wrote:
God damnit. Just spilt a large glass of water right on my Das. Unplugged it fairly quickly and removed all the keycaps to help it dry out... Heres to hoping it works when its dry =\



Try this (sorry about borked pics)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1255538/help-broken-my-qpad-mechanical-keyboard-after-spill#post_17215757


Thanks luckly it was just water so i dont have to deal with stickey keys- Ive waited about 15 hours and plugged it back in. All the switches seem to be working excellent but one.... the t key works but the switch doesnt feel normal. It feels really stiff. Is there anything I can do?

tttttt tttt t t t.t

Edit: looked into it some and I guess I can replace the whole switch if I can get my dad to help me with some soldering x.X- at least nothing is damaged beyond repair
Kronen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States732 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 21:27:16
July 23 2012 20:45 GMT
#3417
On July 23 2012 23:49 DG.Zeya wrote:
I have question, dunno if anyone can help. I'm looking at a tenkeyless Ducky keyboard with Cherry Brown switches (http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42) but I cannot stand the fact that the letters on the right side of the keyboard have a number pad on them. That's the reason I'm getting tenkeyless in the first place! I assume it's activated by some sort of function key and thus I could just never use it, but looking at it is annoying.

So my question is, does anyone know of a similar keyboard, tenkeyless, brown switches, without the numpad like that? Please don't say CM Quickfire-- I hate the font on ALL of the CM keyboards.


You're in luck! For (assumingly a bit) more money, you can get the Year of the Dragon Ducky board. It is probably going to be expensive and I recommend emailing them directly about getting it in the USA. They are very helpful and have responded (in English) to my requests. I'm a Ducky Shine owner. You can check out the sexy that is the custom settings on the dragon backlit on this youtube page.

Other than that, see if you can find a Filco or Leopold Tenkeyless. You can check out an American distributor at this website (I've linked you straight to the tenkeyless page) elitekeyboards.com.

Good luck!
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-23 23:39:49
July 23 2012 21:25 GMT
#3418
Hey TL I'm going to buy a new mechanical keyboard, i'm most likely going to get it from local shops(if there are any good ones) else i'm gonna wait to get one through internet. So the situation is, in Cyprus, most of the shops will probably have
Roccat and Razer brands, which i don't really like, for the reason that i don't wanna pay extra for a mediocre product, just because it has all this alien lights. But i've heared that the blackwidow is pretty cheap, and my money are not alot to begin with. The thing is that Razer blackwidow is pretty cheap in comparison with i.e Filco keyboards.
So would you recommend Razer blackwidow, or anything pretty much from Roccat or Razer, that is reasonably price for it's quality, else what good keyboards could you recommend(i like tenkeyless keyboards) that are cheaper than brands like Filco.

Thank you very much in advance.
I'm interested in Zowie celeritas, but it's way out of my budget
EDIT: I think i've found the keyboard perfect for me: CoolerMaster storm quickfire rapid with red switches. I avoid blue switches because my pc is in the hall, and the prize is in my budget, only concern is if i can ship this in Cyprus. ALSO it's tenkeyless which is extra bonus
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
July 23 2012 23:10 GMT
#3419
Does anyone know where to get keycaps to my SS 6gv2 like TaeJa? He had this awesome Filco with rainbow keycaps! You're my only hope! <3
The Bomber boy
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
July 23 2012 23:22 GMT
#3420
On July 24 2012 08:10 Wintex wrote:
Does anyone know where to get keycaps to my SS 6gv2 like TaeJa? He had this awesome Filco with rainbow keycaps! You're my only hope! <3

Check out wasdkeyboards.com
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Prev 1 169 170 171 172 173 383 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 141
EnDerr 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3295
Hyuk 265
Stork 154
Soma 140
Mong 75
NotJumperer 65
Yoon 60
Killer 58
Shinee 55
ToSsGirL 41
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 36
Bale 32
Sharp 32
Hm[arnc] 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 23
Noble 21
yabsab 13
Shine 7
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc81
League of Legends
JimRising 457
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1189
shoxiejesuss584
ceh9524
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King162
Other Games
summit1g7728
singsing980
crisheroes98
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
BasetradeTV157
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• killerbeecast2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2177
• WagamamaTV42
League of Legends
• Stunt415
Other Games
• Shiphtur791
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
58m
INu's Battles
1h 58m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
3h 58m
OSC
13h 13m
Replay Cast
13h 58m
OSC
1d 13h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.