• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:20
CEST 01:20
KST 08:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8589 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
June 05 2011 11:38 GMT
#1
Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

May '11
April '11
March '11
February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Malks
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom94 Posts
June 05 2011 12:05 GMT
#2
I've been wondering lately, when discussing balance in Starcraft 2, are the debates similar to those had during Starcraft 1? Having never played other than recently picking up the anthology to play the campaign, I have little knowledge of BW other than it was balanced. How long into its lifecycle was it before people stopped talking about how 'broken' the game was? Considering SC2 is still young with 2 expansions ahead of it, balance will still be a big discussion for years to come.

Also, how much did Brood War change the original Starcraft in terms of balance right out of the box? The new units must have changed the metagame a lot.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
June 05 2011 12:15 GMT
#3
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
Serelitz
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands2895 Posts
June 05 2011 12:18 GMT
#4
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?


I'd assume so yeah seeing how powerful irradiate vs mutas was - ofc it wouldn't be THAT powerful vs say marines etc. but I can understand why they didn't want it in.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
June 05 2011 12:39 GMT
#5
On June 05 2011 21:18 Serelitz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?


I'd assume so yeah seeing how powerful irradiate vs mutas was - ofc it wouldn't be THAT powerful vs say marines etc. but I can understand why they didn't want it in.


I think it's more of the fact that the average player would have whined ceaselessly about how OP it is, because they wouldn't be able to handle the idea of splitting their mutalisks. I'm pretty sure that's why the reaver isn't there either. In two seconds, your entire mineral line can disappear, and I'd imagine that they didn't want the average player to have to deal with that.
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
June 05 2011 12:43 GMT
#6
Jinro: What kind of hotkeys do you use? Do you play standard, or perhaps grid?
Also who do you will win MLG :D
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Rabiator
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany3948 Posts
June 05 2011 12:52 GMT
#7
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?

Irradiate damages the unit itself and all around it. That would be much too powerful with the new supersmart movement AI which allows very tight concentrations of units.

The seeker missile is its replacement, but not really worth it in its current stage, because its too easy to dodge and extremely expensive at 125 energy.
If you cant say what you're meaning, you can never mean what you're saying.
goiflin
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1218 Posts
June 05 2011 13:02 GMT
#8
On June 05 2011 21:52 Rabiator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?

Irradiate damages the unit itself and all around it. That would be much too powerful with the new supersmart movement AI which allows very tight concentrations of units.

The seeker missile is its replacement, but not really worth it in its current stage, because its too easy to dodge and extremely expensive at 125 energy.


I don't know about it being too powerful with stacking around. You could minimize the effect by magic boxing your mutas around a T with irradiate. You have to be wary of stacking around thors, this would be no different. One volley from a thor would probably do the same damage as an irradiate for most decent players. You'd just have to separate the mutalisk, and then go back to attacking.
EternalSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden313 Posts
June 05 2011 13:40 GMT
#9
Any swede here who's coming to dreamhack? Looks like i will be going alone...
SHIT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!
hashaki
Profile Joined March 2011
Norway210 Posts
June 05 2011 14:03 GMT
#10
On June 05 2011 21:39 goiflin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 21:18 Serelitz wrote:
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?


I'd assume so yeah seeing how powerful irradiate vs mutas was - ofc it wouldn't be THAT powerful vs say marines etc. but I can understand why they didn't want it in.


I think it's more of the fact that the average player would have whined ceaselessly about how OP it is, because they wouldn't be able to handle the idea of splitting their mutalisks. I'm pretty sure that's why the reaver isn't there either. In two seconds, your entire mineral line can disappear, and I'd imagine that they didn't want the average player to have to deal with that.


I highly doubt that's why the Reaver got removed seeing as Banelings and blueflame Hellions are in the game. And with Hellions it's so bad you can't even run away your workers towards your army becasue of Hellions' splashdamage in that congaline and the hellions being faster.

Anyways, it's hard to say why some stuff got removed in the game and something added. To me it looks like they just wanted to make sure it wasn't SC1 with updated graphics and engine, so they removed alot of units and spells and added new ones.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.
Life is like animal porn... It's not for everyone
Spartangy
Profile Joined June 2011
New Zealand8 Posts
June 05 2011 14:13 GMT
#11
Do you guys know why some pro Zerg players recently, when just beginning the game, build up about 100 minerals instead of producing drones, and then produce drones? It's odd, I believe Tastosis (or was it Day9 and DjWheat?) pointed it out at MLG when IdrA and/or Losira did it, but I don't understand it. Anyone know what was up with that?

I think it has to do with larvae production after the first overlord, having the larvae come out more evenly instead of doing the extractor trick and instantly making 2 drones after the overlord pops, but I'm not sure, doesn't quite make sense.
RobotPants
Profile Joined May 2011
6 Posts
June 05 2011 16:12 GMT
#12
I'm looking for an article/post/news on teamliquid I read about 2-3 weeks ago. It was basically a top20 (or something.. could have been top100) ranking of sc2 players and an explanation as to why they deserve that rank.

I thought it was interesting, but i was in a rush so i didn't get to read it and now when i try to find it again im drawing a blank..

Anyone could link me to it?
clozapine
Profile Joined June 2011
1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-06-05 18:19:11
June 05 2011 18:16 GMT
#13
can anyone give me a link so i can view live streams, im new to this website

+i heard about idra fighting mma

and ive seen him play on youtube
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 05 2011 18:38 GMT
#14
I asked in the previous thread just before it was closed, so Im going to ask here again:
Is it allowed in competitions to use outside program to allow some hotkey combinations that are not possible to set in game (like alt+tab, space+anything)?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Blizzard_torments_me
Profile Joined February 2010
Romania199 Posts
June 05 2011 19:05 GMT
#15
On June 05 2011 23:03 hashaki wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 05 2011 21:39 goiflin wrote:
On June 05 2011 21:18 Serelitz wrote:
On June 05 2011 21:15 Bleak wrote:
Does anyone know why Irradiate was removed? I think if Ravens still had that, they would see use. I just don't understand the decision for it. Is it because of the clumping effect being stronger in SC2?


I'd assume so yeah seeing how powerful irradiate vs mutas was - ofc it wouldn't be THAT powerful vs say marines etc. but I can understand why they didn't want it in.


I think it's more of the fact that the average player would have whined ceaselessly about how OP it is, because they wouldn't be able to handle the idea of splitting their mutalisks. I'm pretty sure that's why the reaver isn't there either. In two seconds, your entire mineral line can disappear, and I'd imagine that they didn't want the average player to have to deal with that.


I highly doubt that's why the Reaver got removed seeing as Banelings and blueflame Hellions are in the game. And with Hellions it's so bad you can't even run away your workers towards your army becasue of Hellions' splashdamage in that congaline and the hellions being faster.

Anyways, it's hard to say why some stuff got removed in the game and something added. To me it looks like they just wanted to make sure it wasn't SC1 with updated graphics and engine, so they removed alot of units and spells and added new ones.

That's what it looks like to me anyway.



Imagine an irradiated Thor surrounded by lings .God that would of been so awesome.
euroboy
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden536 Posts
June 05 2011 19:09 GMT
#16
This popped up in my mind yesterday.

Do anyone have an explanation for the login procedure? You know when you type your password and login, you are face with a "Enter" screen with your profile in it. Why is this? Has Blizzard something planned for this screen? How does it look on the SEA server where you can play on both SEA and NA? Or is it just a remnant from the Guest login screen?
DemiSe
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
883 Posts
June 05 2011 22:06 GMT
#17
On June 05 2011 22:40 EternalSC wrote:
Any swede here who's coming to dreamhack? Looks like i will be going alone...

Wait for the Dreamhack threads to pop up. I'm sure there will be a TL dreamhack meetup again, look of the the threads! :D
Let's See Who's Stronger, Your Tricks, Or My Skills.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-05 22:24:48
June 05 2011 22:23 GMT
#18
On June 06 2011 03:16 clozapine wrote:
can anyone give me a link so i can view live streams, im new to this website

+i heard about idra fighting mma

and ive seen him play on youtube


Top right side are all the streams for easy access or you could go here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/
also I would recommend http://warpprism.com/

I'm sorry if this encroaches on the advertising rule, I simply really like this website for streams and want to help; I am in no way affiliated with it.

Also I would suggest reading the 10 commandments and all stickied threads that allude to Must Read. This forum tolerates little misbehavior from its members.



On June 05 2011 23:03 hashaki wrote:
I highly doubt that's why the Reaver got removed seeing as Banelings and blueflame Hellions are in the game. And with Hellions it's so bad you can't even run away your workers towards your army becasue of Hellions' splashdamage in that congaline and the hellions being faster.
.

My method:
Select all workers, press stop (S), select idle worker (F1), quickly click F1 and random directions on the minimap to spread your workers in various directions making blue flame hellions do less damage while your army responds.
Its not perfect but you never see all your workers get roasted when they make a konga line to safety.

Edit: 420th post huzzah
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
galivet
Profile Joined February 2011
288 Posts
June 06 2011 01:27 GMT
#19
Can someone please clue me in to how I can watch MLG VODs? I feel like I've crawled all over their site looking for a way to throw money at them to watch a season of VODs and I just can't find any such thing.
Kfish
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Chile282 Posts
June 06 2011 01:33 GMT
#20
On June 06 2011 10:27 galivet wrote:
Can someone please clue me in to how I can watch MLG VODs? I feel like I've crawled all over their site looking for a way to throw money at them to watch a season of VODs and I just can't find any such thing.


Not sure but I think you have to get the viewer and then you can select at the bottom left to watch the vods.
1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE125
CosmosSc2 47
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 610
Artosis 519
910 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever632
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5786
Other Games
summit1g7834
JimRising 559
shahzam557
C9.Mang0278
ArmadaUGS85
Trikslyr47
ZombieGrub31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream147
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 127
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen246
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
41m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 41m
Stellar Fest
13h 41m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.