• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:27
CEST 16:27
KST 23:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8518 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 24

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
Shiv.
Profile Joined January 2011
3534 Posts
June 30 2011 10:32 GMT
#461
On June 30 2011 02:58 Baseic wrote:
Poll: Pylon to block zerg expo worth it?

Yes! (13)
 
48%

No (7)
 
26%

Yes, cybernetics core if possible also worth it. (7)
 
26%

27 total votes

Your vote: Pylon to block zerg expo worth it?

(Vote): No
(Vote): Yes!
(Vote): Yes, cybernetics core if possible also worth it.


Curious for this, and I don't think that it warrants its own topic


Really depends. As a Zerg, I voted no. I go 15 Pool / 15 Hatch MorroW-Style and I have a perfectly worked out back up plan in case this happens. I really don't feel it puts me significantly behind, but that's just the opinion of another platinum Zerg.

Also, because no one replied:
I've been experimenting with MorroW's ZvP which is basically an adjusted Spanishiwa build transitioning into Ling/BLing/Infestor with +2/+2 baneling drops and a lot of drop / counter attack antics in general.

While I like the build itself a lot, I am not too confident with the Infestor transition. You have to multitask a lot to make this build effective and not having your macro totally collapse is hard enough. Handling the infestors just seems to be a little bit too much for me. I've been trying to get Mutalisks (and eventually BLords and Cracklings) instead of Infestors to enhance the distractive side of this build in order to get more baneling drops going.

While I have had huge success with it, I am not too sure wether it's just my opponents being goldish level suckers as I myself or if it is a good idea to transition into Muta in general. Sometimes, my opponent just decides to do a desperation attack with all the stuff he has left and I find myself struggling against that if I spend most of my gas on Mutas instead of banelings, just because they lack the raw fighting ability of infestors. (Sounds contraintuitive, but is actually pretty accurate, from what I feel.)

Have you seen anyone... well, legit do this? I know MutaLing is a common style, especially Moon and July use them with great success, but I just love my little baneling shenanigans. So to sum the question up: is it viable? I would hate to learn to play that style successfully and find out that in retrospect I should just have sticked with something that actually works once I get promoted.

BTW: sorry if that's the wrong place to ask, I just felt that the strategy forum was the wrong place. A replay of one of my games is not gonna get me this question answered properly.
currently rooting for myself.
DennyR
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany379 Posts
June 30 2011 12:41 GMT
#462
Is the SCV Life Puma the same Puma that kicked ret out of courage?
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
June 30 2011 12:43 GMT
#463
On June 30 2011 21:41 DennyR wrote:
Is the SCV Life Puma the same Puma that kicked ret out of courage?



yeah,that BW player....
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 30 2011 12:46 GMT
#464
Why was he kicked out of courage?
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
Yoshi Kirishima
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States10382 Posts
June 30 2011 16:58 GMT
#465
courage? is that a clan or what?
Mid-master streaming MECH ONLY + commentary www.twitch.tv/yoshikirishima +++ "If all-in fails, all-in again."
Sharkey
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
668 Posts
June 30 2011 17:40 GMT
#466
On July 01 2011 01:58 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
courage? is that a clan or what?


Courage is a league in BW.
If anyone has any serious prayer requests please PM me. Thx.
FinnGamer
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany2426 Posts
June 30 2011 19:30 GMT
#467
On July 01 2011 02:40 Sharkey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 01:58 Yoshi Kirishima wrote:
courage? is that a clan or what?


Courage is a league in BW.

Courage is a Tournament to get your pro-gaming license
"hopefully swing the favor in your advantage." - Day[9]
XXhkXX
Profile Joined June 2011
170 Posts
June 30 2011 20:55 GMT
#468
Does anyone know a solution to getting out of being ladder locked other than waiting for a new season?
Shiv.
Profile Joined January 2011
3534 Posts
June 30 2011 22:12 GMT
#469
On July 01 2011 05:55 XXhkXX wrote:
Does anyone know a solution to getting out of being ladder locked other than waiting for a new season?

To what extent is it locked? I've been promoted just yesterday.
currently rooting for myself.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 30 2011 22:22 GMT
#470
On June 17 2011 03:24 Scipaeus121212 wrote:
I wonder what people/tournaments think about programs that basically switch keys around (for example when you click shift it counts as alt and vice versa) and mouse keys? I plan on playing about as seriously as it gets, so I want to make sure I use the best hotkey setup I can when I start.

I'd think that it's fine, despite the fact that this might give an advantage possibly not avaliable to some (particularly the mouse keys), so do many other factors like different gear, bigger monitor or faster computer, but I just want to make sure I don't get used to something not allowed.

Sorry for quoting myself, but Im really interested in the answer and this question is burried too deep to be found out now. ^^
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
XXhkXX
Profile Joined June 2011
170 Posts
June 30 2011 22:38 GMT
#471
On July 01 2011 07:12 Shiv. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 05:55 XXhkXX wrote:
Does anyone know a solution to getting out of being ladder locked other than waiting for a new season?

To what extent is it locked? I've been promoted just yesterday.


Well I mean that I'm stuck in first place gold, but still vsing plat players. I guess its not as severely blocked as when i was in bronze last season vsing gold players >>
iLose4u
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden24 Posts
June 30 2011 22:42 GMT
#472
Is scouting with barracks viable against Zerg? Barracks (150 minerals+lost mining time for SCV), while a mule instead of a scan generates roughly 270 minerals.
Not attacking your opponent is generally not a viable strategy.
Ronthecat
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
July 01 2011 01:13 GMT
#473
On June 30 2011 10:10 Baseic wrote:
Current streams are aimed at decent players, they would not need it, see it as an explanation of soccer during the world championships, it would just look silly, well that's how I'd feel about it.


Ok, *shrug*. I would hope they wouldn't look silly / stupid if they were well done, even to decent players. A player streaming his ladder matches wouldn't need/want anything like this. I'm talking more for tournaments, big and small that are streamed. So many people are trying to grow e-sports and get more attention for Starcraft 2. I'd like to promote it on the viewing side of things, the people that show some interest but simply are not gamers, which is most of my friends. You don't have to play soccer to enjoy watching it. But like I said, it's hard for me to ad-lib explain things / convey general information about the game's format, units, etc, while the games are going on and the screen is moving all over the place and there's so much to cover. Visual aid plus brief description every once in a while = better imo. I've noticed a few casters have been actively trying to keep the un-initiated in the loop by occasionally explaining certain tactics, terminology or abilities in a manner that non-players / complete noobs can understand. I don't want it for the players, the die-hards, I want it for everyone else who might turn into the occasional stream viewer, a NASL/Gomtv subscriber, and grow the audience for e-sports and SC2 in particular. If SC2 had the popularity of soccer/hockey/etc then it might look frivolous/silly as you suggest, it's still easier for a non-sports fan to more or less follow a soccer or hockey match than it is a game of SC2, there are so many units, abilities, tactics, etc, beyond "ball goes in the net = goal" and "most goals when the timer runs out = wins". I wouldn't suggest anything like this for a FPS as it's easy enough to follow, see guy, shoot guy, change to one of a few weapons and explain the few weapon choices. I think it was at a MLG or ICCup? where they had some quick spots on the maps to be played, outlining the choke points and back door rocks, etc. Doesn't mean much to me, didn't look silly either, but at an event like that it helps the non-SC2 players, the non-gamers that are watching. Admittedly they weren't super well done but still good enough to give the viewer a good idea of what tactics are favored on a particular map and why. Generic tid-bits of information that can be used for filler couldn't hurt?

only one comment. InControL you've been pushing hard to grow e-sports, if you read this what's your take? ^.^
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-01 01:18:02
July 01 2011 01:16 GMT
#474
Yeah it's pretty fucking annoying to get scouted by a rax. Two queens take half a week to kill it. So yeah, a rax scout is pretty viable. Just build the rax close to the zerg base so the travel time is short.

Ronthecat.. I don't know about your time zone but for me to wake up at 5:10am (EST) to watch the GSL live I'd say I'm pretty try/die hard :D
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
July 01 2011 01:45 GMT
#475
hey guys I'm looking to play some SC2 again but all my RL friends have quit. Can anyone recommend some good channels to hangout, meet people and get some games going?
Marines > everything
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
July 01 2011 10:35 GMT
#476
On July 01 2011 10:13 Ronthecat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 30 2011 10:10 Baseic wrote:
Current streams are aimed at decent players, they would not need it, see it as an explanation of soccer during the world championships, it would just look silly, well that's how I'd feel about it.


Ok, *shrug*. I would hope they wouldn't look silly / stupid if they were well done, even to decent players. A player streaming his ladder matches wouldn't need/want anything like this. I'm talking more for tournaments, big and small that are streamed. So many people are trying to grow e-sports and get more attention for Starcraft 2. I'd like to promote it on the viewing side of things, the people that show some interest but simply are not gamers, which is most of my friends. You don't have to play soccer to enjoy watching it. But like I said, it's hard for me to ad-lib explain things / convey general information about the game's format, units, etc, while the games are going on and the screen is moving all over the place and there's so much to cover. Visual aid plus brief description every once in a while = better imo. I've noticed a few casters have been actively trying to keep the un-initiated in the loop by occasionally explaining certain tactics, terminology or abilities in a manner that non-players / complete noobs can understand. I don't want it for the players, the die-hards, I want it for everyone else who might turn into the occasional stream viewer, a NASL/Gomtv subscriber, and grow the audience for e-sports and SC2 in particular. If SC2 had the popularity of soccer/hockey/etc then it might look frivolous/silly as you suggest, it's still easier for a non-sports fan to more or less follow a soccer or hockey match than it is a game of SC2, there are so many units, abilities, tactics, etc, beyond "ball goes in the net = goal" and "most goals when the timer runs out = wins". I wouldn't suggest anything like this for a FPS as it's easy enough to follow, see guy, shoot guy, change to one of a few weapons and explain the few weapon choices. I think it was at a MLG or ICCup? where they had some quick spots on the maps to be played, outlining the choke points and back door rocks, etc. Doesn't mean much to me, didn't look silly either, but at an event like that it helps the non-SC2 players, the non-gamers that are watching. Admittedly they weren't super well done but still good enough to give the viewer a good idea of what tactics are favored on a particular map and why. Generic tid-bits of information that can be used for filler couldn't hurt?

only one comment. InControL you've been pushing hard to grow e-sports, if you read this what's your take? ^.^

Well you do have a point there, but it has to be executed perfectly to not look silly, I already know how the reactions would be when they mess it up.
Etc.
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
July 01 2011 11:42 GMT
#477
On July 01 2011 10:45 vnlegend wrote:
hey guys I'm looking to play some SC2 again but all my RL friends have quit. Can anyone recommend some good channels to hangout, meet people and get some games going?


"Teamliquid" is pretty populated on NA
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
Ronthecat
Profile Joined June 2011
4 Posts
July 01 2011 13:07 GMT
#478
Probe1 haha yeah I think getting non-gamers to the point of watching the gsl live would make them hard-core, but it would be great to be able to get people into viewing SC2 competitive play to the point that they might pick up a gomtv pass to watch some of the vods from the top matchs/finals!

Baseic Very true, my initial thought would be for Blizzard to produce them and I was going to suggest it could be available from the Media section on the official SC2 website. But I just went there and I decided to watch the the "overview" videos of the races. They're not super long but seem to do a good job of conveying a lot of general information without going into any details. But they do mention main details of each unit, hydras shoot spines, roaches are armored, while showing gameplay of them in action. Next time an opportunity arises I'll play one of them for a friend and get their take on it. It's not exactly what I was looking for, they talk about Kerrigan, etc, but close enough. Can't believe I hadn't watched those overview videos before!
Moxi
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
708 Posts
July 01 2011 16:12 GMT
#479
On July 01 2011 20:42 rbkl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 01 2011 10:45 vnlegend wrote:
hey guys I'm looking to play some SC2 again but all my RL friends have quit. Can anyone recommend some good channels to hangout, meet people and get some games going?


"Teamliquid" is pretty populated on NA


EU as well, always full.
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
July 01 2011 17:48 GMT
#480
anyone know if Select plays Starcraft full time?
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1488
WardiTV948
OGKoka 247
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 247
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 7924
Bisu 1984
Shuttle 1050
Horang2 705
Larva 512
Stork 465
EffOrt 422
BeSt 392
actioN 264
Mini 250
[ Show more ]
Mind 124
Zeus 95
910 92
Snow 75
Barracks 65
Sea.KH 57
Mong 56
Shinee 52
hero 48
JYJ 45
ToSsGirL 35
Light 35
sorry 32
Bale 29
Killer 28
Shine 24
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
HiyA 18
Yoon 17
zelot 16
soO 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 11
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5081
qojqva2439
Dendi1132
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m2697
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2861
hiko988
B2W.Neo849
Livibee442
TKL 418
XBOCT269
Hui .221
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 187
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 24
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2966
• Jankos2211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 33m
Replay Cast
8h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 33m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 33m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.