• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:35
CEST 00:35
KST 07:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8411 users

[June] SC2 General Discussion - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Shiv.
Profile Joined January 2011
3534 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-27 22:00:47
June 27 2011 21:58 GMT
#421
I've been experimenting with MorroW's ZvP which is basically an adjusted Spanishiwa build transitioning into Ling/BLing/Infestor with +2/+2 baneling drops and a lot of drop / counter attack antics in general.

While I like the build itself a lot, I am not too confident with the Infestor transition. You have to multitask a lot to make this build effective and not having your macro totally collapse is hard enough. Handling the infestors just seems to be a little bit too much for me. I've been trying to get Mutalisks (and eventually BLords and Cracklings) instead of Infestors to enhance the distractive side of this build in order to get more baneling drops going.

While I have had huge success with it, I am not too sure wether it's just my opponents being goldish level suckers as I myself or if it is a good idea to transition into Muta in general. Sometimes, my opponent just decides to do a desperation attack with all the stuff he has left and I find myself struggling against that if I spend most of my gas on Mutas instead of banelings.

Have you seen anyone... well, legit do this? I know MutaLing is a common style, especially Moon and July use them with great success, but I just love my little baneling shenanigans. So to sum the question up: is it viable? I would hate to learn to play that style successfully and find out that in retrospect I should just have sticked with something that actually works once I get promoted.

BTW: sorry if that's the wrong place to ask, I just felt that the strategy forum was the wrong place. A replay of one of my games is not gonna get me this question answered properly.
currently rooting for myself.
nShade
Profile Joined August 2010
Bulgaria296 Posts
June 28 2011 09:07 GMT
#422
Just a quick question.
When you get to play a PvsP on Metalopolis and are scared of cannon rushes, why don't
players just put their 1st pylon behind their mineral line, as close as possible to the cliff.
That way you can see the proxy pylon as soon as the cannon rusher places it.

I do that every time on Metalopolis and Xel'Naga Caverns.

Is there any reason not to? :S
Razith
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada431 Posts
June 28 2011 16:12 GMT
#423
So I'm looking into my control group setup and I think it needs to be reworked. Currently I use this:

1 - CC's
2 - Main Army
3 - Rax/Fact/Star
4 - Seconday Army
5 - Special units
6 to 0 - Upgrades / scouts, general purpose

I'm decently quick with these keybindings (around 100apm) but I'm finding my army control is lacking and this is going to be problematic, considering I threw production buildings inbetween my army bindings (2a4a5a?). I was reading old posts about pro/common setups, in which they generally use 1,2,3 army, 4,5,6 production, but after trying 1a2a3a and the other bindings with my production facilities, it didn't seem fluid at all for me.

What I'm considering doing is swapping 2 and 3, making 3 my whole army and bumping up the others 1 binding for the specific units bindings. It'd look like this:

1 - CC's
2 - Productions
3 - Whole army
4 - Main army
5 - Secondary army
6 - Special units
7 to 0 - General purpose

From here, I can tap 1,2,3, to peek through my production then land on my main army so I can keep them mobile, then when the fight comes I can simply shift my hand to 4,5,6 where 4a(t)5a6a feels a lot more natural. Thoughts?
rolfe
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1266 Posts
June 28 2011 19:34 GMT
#424
On June 28 2011 18:07 nShade wrote:
Just a quick question.
When you get to play a PvsP on Metalopolis and are scared of cannon rushes, why don't
players just put their 1st pylon behind their mineral line, as close as possible to the cliff.
That way you can see the proxy pylon as soon as the cannon rusher places it.

I do that every time on Metalopolis and Xel'Naga Caverns.

Is there any reason not to? :S

i think some players do, incontrol mentioned and did it on his stream a few days ago i think. i guess cannon rushes aren't that common at that level of play though.
life will not be contained. Life breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously but there it is. Life finds a way
Sharkey
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
668 Posts
June 28 2011 20:31 GMT
#425
Who do you think is the strongest in each match-up? My, uninformed, opinions below:

TvZ - MMA (sC or MKP?)
TvP - Polt (SuperNova, Bomber?)
TvT - MVP

ZvT - DRG
ZvP - Losira (Nestea?)
ZvZ - Nestea

PvT - Alicia
PvZ - MC
PvP - MC (Inca?)

Thoughts?
If anyone has any serious prayer requests please PM me. Thx.
Probe1
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States17920 Posts
June 28 2011 22:08 GMT
#426
Is the ladder fixed yet? I have a goal before season 3 and I'm getting irritated by Blizzard goalblocking me. I want mah points.
우정호 KT_VIOLET 1988 - 2012 While we are postponing, life speeds by
DarkSkyes
Profile Joined January 2011
United States19 Posts
June 28 2011 22:22 GMT
#427
On June 29 2011 04:34 rolfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 28 2011 18:07 nShade wrote:
Just a quick question.
When you get to play a PvsP on Metalopolis and are scared of cannon rushes, why don't
players just put their 1st pylon behind their mineral line, as close as possible to the cliff.
That way you can see the proxy pylon as soon as the cannon rusher places it.

I do that every time on Metalopolis and Xel'Naga Caverns.

Is there any reason not to? :S

i think some players do, incontrol mentioned and did it on his stream a few days ago i think. i guess cannon rushes aren't that common at that level of play though.


Alot of good players do. But for me i honestly don't think about it until its too late.
Brotoss
JawHun
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States151 Posts
June 28 2011 22:31 GMT
#428
On June 29 2011 07:22 DarkSkyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 04:34 rolfe wrote:
On June 28 2011 18:07 nShade wrote:
Just a quick question.
When you get to play a PvsP on Metalopolis and are scared of cannon rushes, why don't
players just put their 1st pylon behind their mineral line, as close as possible to the cliff.
That way you can see the proxy pylon as soon as the cannon rusher places it.

I do that every time on Metalopolis and Xel'Naga Caverns.

Is there any reason not to? :S

i think some players do, incontrol mentioned and did it on his stream a few days ago i think. i guess cannon rushes aren't that common at that level of play though.


Alot of good players do. But for me i honestly don't think about it until its too late.



I'd say that it's less common in higher levels of play, but also because strong players often scout their entire base anyway. It seems to me if you get too much into the habit of using that pylon, you might not be looking for other in base cheese. Better to get in the habit of scouting every match rather than relying on building placement.
kodas
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 22:39:51
June 28 2011 22:39 GMT
#429
I'm starting to feel burnt out on starcraft and i'm not sure what I can do to reignite my passion that I once had.I've been trying to switch to other races and I can't handle the learning curve and the losing streak it normally causes. Any mental tricks to try and help get past this? (1.1k masters T) (about a diamond zerg now)
Get paper, fuck bitches, smoke trees, mass thors.
Baseic
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands310 Posts
June 28 2011 22:47 GMT
#430
On June 29 2011 07:39 kodas wrote:
I'm starting to feel burnt out on starcraft and i'm not sure what I can do to reignite my passion that I once had.I've been trying to switch to other races and I can't handle the learning curve and the losing streak it normally causes. Any mental tricks to try and help get past this? (1.1k masters T) (about a diamond zerg now)

Costum games, team games, random or maybe if you like hardcore practice you could try and find a practice partner to practice 1 build all night long.
Etc.
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-28 22:53:41
June 28 2011 22:52 GMT
#431
On June 29 2011 07:39 kodas wrote:
I'm starting to feel burnt out on starcraft and i'm not sure what I can do to reignite my passion that I once had.I've been trying to switch to other races and I can't handle the learning curve and the losing streak it normally causes. Any mental tricks to try and help get past this? (1.1k masters T) (about a diamond zerg now)

lol this sounds like a low testosterone/ED commercial

I would recommend just trying to improve. Think about a strategy you would like to do against X race, and get some good practice partners to practice with. Once you have perfected that strategy move onto another one. I fell this really helps a lot since sometimes laddering can often be:

10 pool
baneling bust
roach/sling all in (1base)
^ (2base)
4gate
double proxy gate
6gate with +1 and blink
tank marine all in
marine scv allin
good macro game
repeat above

However, if you feel like just being silly, be silly. Nobody cares how many points or what rank you are in your division except for you. Try to set mini goals or do crazy stuff (inbase hatchery, mass queen, mass nexus (lol)). And try to get away with it for the lolz. But the most important thing is this: Don't play the game just for the sake of playing it. If you're not enjoying it then do something else for a while until you want to play SC again. I don't write advice posts like this too often. Hope it helped!
mavsfan0041
Profile Joined February 2011
United States306 Posts
June 29 2011 01:13 GMT
#432
On June 29 2011 01:12 Razith wrote:
So I'm looking into my control group setup and I think it needs to be reworked. Currently I use this:

1 - CC's
2 - Main Army
3 - Rax/Fact/Star
4 - Seconday Army
5 - Special units
6 to 0 - Upgrades / scouts, general purpose

I'm decently quick with these keybindings (around 100apm) but I'm finding my army control is lacking and this is going to be problematic, considering I threw production buildings inbetween my army bindings (2a4a5a?). I was reading old posts about pro/common setups, in which they generally use 1,2,3 army, 4,5,6 production, but after trying 1a2a3a and the other bindings with my production facilities, it didn't seem fluid at all for me.

What I'm considering doing is swapping 2 and 3, making 3 my whole army and bumping up the others 1 binding for the specific units bindings. It'd look like this:

1 - CC's
2 - Productions
3 - Whole army
4 - Main army
5 - Secondary army
6 - Special units
7 to 0 - General purpose

From here, I can tap 1,2,3, to peek through my production then land on my main army so I can keep them mobile, then when the fight comes I can simply shift my hand to 4,5,6 where 4a(t)5a6a feels a lot more natural. Thoughts?


I used to play Terran so I suppose I can say something about this. I personally don't like having all of my production on one hotkey. When I play T my hotkeys went
1- Part of army
2- Part of army
3- Special units
4- CC
5- Barracks
6- Facts
7- Ports
8-0 Unused

I don't feel like you really need to hotkey your amories/engineering bays because you only use them a couple times a game, but I guess it doesn't really hurt. It really just comes down to personal preference. I like just being able to reach straight up the keyboard and access my army, but if 3-6 feels good for you, then by all means go for it.
R.I.P. CheckSix
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
June 29 2011 02:25 GMT
#433
I was wondering (and had no idea where I should post it) but does APM spamming with a macro on your mouse get you a bannable offense? I saw someone doing it in a game where his apm spiked to 7 thousand and knew it was his mouse, after talking to some friends i realized my mouse could do the same. So i macroed my right click button to right click a ton of times and I went into a custom game vs AI and tested it and got my apm to 40 thousand. I never used it against someone and I dont see how it could help because it actually was hard to control. There is nothing to worry about right? I never have used macros with sc2 other than this and this was rather useless if you ask me i just wanted to try it.
ATCSurvivor
Profile Joined April 2011
France33 Posts
June 29 2011 06:22 GMT
#434
Why would blizzard ban someone for having 40k apm ? Its a tip or a default in the game.

I think.
Chriscras
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Korea (South)2812 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-29 06:27:36
June 29 2011 06:25 GMT
#435
GORILLA TERRAN HWAITING <3<3<3
"En taro adun, Executor."
iaretehnoob
Profile Joined June 2004
Sweden741 Posts
June 29 2011 13:00 GMT
#436
[image loading]

Well, maybe this belongs in the rage thead. maybe it doesn't belong anywhere at all. But seriously, how can bnet 0.2 be that bad? (first time this happened to me, is this a "standard" bnet error?)
creamer
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada128 Posts
June 29 2011 13:38 GMT
#437
On June 29 2011 22:00 iaretehnoob wrote:
[image loading]

Well, maybe this belongs in the rage thead. maybe it doesn't belong anywhere at all. But seriously, how can bnet 0.2 be that bad? (first time this happened to me, is this a "standard" bnet error?)


Seen this happen (fortunately not to me). Extremely unlucky and sad on BNET's part imo. Terrible to see this happen sorry but I think this is a known error hopefully get's fixed soon.
MKP - Best player of all time
EpicMonkey
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands23 Posts
June 29 2011 14:07 GMT
#438
What's up with the matchmaking system guys? Even matches are not even. Check out these screens I took after a match.

http://koen.goedemondt.com/00001.png
Polt fighting!
_Darwin_
Profile Joined August 2010
United States2374 Posts
June 29 2011 14:25 GMT
#439
On June 29 2011 23:07 EpicMonkey wrote:
What's up with the matchmaking system guys? Even matches are not even. Check out these screens I took after a match.

http://koen.goedemondt.com/00001.png


Matchmaking is determined by MMR, not games played, points, division, avatar, or any other factor.
I cant stop lactating
EpicMonkey
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands23 Posts
June 29 2011 14:38 GMT
#440
On June 29 2011 23:25 _Darwin_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 29 2011 23:07 EpicMonkey wrote:
What's up with the matchmaking system guys? Even matches are not even. Check out these screens I took after a match.

http://koen.goedemondt.com/00001.png


Matchmaking is determined by MMR, not games played, points, division, avatar, or any other factor.


What is the factor that determines your MMR?
Polt fighting!
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 186
Nina 124
SteadfastSC 65
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 464
910 59
Bale 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm3
League of Legends
Doublelift1074
Super Smash Bros
PPMD56
Other Games
summit1g9151
Grubby2819
shahzam592
C9.Mang0241
PiGStarcraft214
Maynarde30
Liquid`Ken11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• musti20045 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21448
Other Games
• imaqtpie937
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
25m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
12h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Patches Events
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.