• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9380 users

[March] Sc2 General Discussion

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
March 02 2011 04:45 GMT
#1
Nearly forgot to make one this month!

Previous Editions
+ Show Spoiler +

February '11
January '11
December '10
November '10
October '10
September '10
August '10
July '10
June '10
May '10
April '10
March '10
February '10
January '10
December '09
November '09


Q: What is this thread?

A: General purpose, SC2 discussion thread.

Q: What should I be posting about?
A: Basically, anything you want to talk about but aren't sure if it warrants a topic of its own. Heard a rumour you want to share? A new video? A question you are sure is super common but can't find the answer to via searching? A brilliant new idea that you want to vet, to make sure it's really as brilliant as you think it is?

This is the place.


Note:
Posting standards will not be as high as if you were to make a new thread, but pointless spam will still not be tolerated. I have seen threads like these work out alright on other sites (for other games) so I figured, why not give it a shot? It's possible there's not really enough content for something like this to exist at this point in time, but no harm then, it will just die on its own.

Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 23:32:45
March 02 2011 04:50 GMT
#2
I think this is the spot to ask this : )

I have had the hardest time trying to figure out how to add a mood icon in the bottom of my signature
(or w/e we call it here)

In my profile i have the show mood icon checked, and thats really as far as i have gotten.

Been searching for days for the answer in past threads,
Would love some help with my silly problem : D

Thanks in advance : )

If someone could reply to this on here or pm me with the solution
it would be much appreciated.
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
intrigue
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Washington, D.C9935 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-02 04:51:44
March 02 2011 04:51 GMT
#3
if you are concerned about shared base maps for every single team game, please take a look at: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=197646. it is getting bumped down faster than i hoped! FA this is something you probably have something to say about too.
Moderatorsloppy little slug
eXoGhost
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia98 Posts
March 02 2011 04:51 GMT
#4
Can anyone help me by saying how to do better at defending the early ghost push in PvT?
thanks
download- [url blocked] (I am PureGhost - The Protoss)
stream: www.livestream.com/pureghostsc2streaming // site: d2dgamer.com
PepsiStarcraft
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada1 Post
March 02 2011 14:21 GMT
#5
I was hoping to host a tournament within the next few months for some of the active players around my area, and I sent out an email to blizzard in regards to and rules or regulations that they observe with tournament hosting. As of yet I haven't gotten a response. I was just wondering, since team liquid hosts so many successful sponsored tournaments, if you have any information on what the blizzard guidelines/rules are around tournament hosting. Is there a fee that I have to pay to blizzard? Do I have to get Blizzards permission or send them a proposal? If there is a sponsored prize pool ($10,000 Canadian Dollars in my case) must I give blizzard a portion?
sambour
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada62 Posts
March 02 2011 19:10 GMT
#6
Noticing a lot of disconnect grief among friends in online tournies. I was wondering if there isn't an easy fix for the disconnect problem that Blizzard could implement. As there's one player still in the game, why not just have game information saved and the option to load saved multiplayer games? Disconnects are a large enough problem in competition (there was another one recently in GSL code A), I would expect it would be in the community's best interest to find a fix.

The ability to save + load multiplayer games would also be excellent for training/coaching, especially if you were able to load at any point in the game (like a replay but you could choose to jump in and play at any given point).

Is this feasible? Would it be beneficial? Thoughts?
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 02 2011 19:23 GMT
#7
I've been thinking about this for awhile, searched, and found nothing.

What does Blizzard plan to use as portraits/icons for the next two expansions..? They've used about almost every possible unit per race, and a few 'heros'. It would be stupid to see repeats/or half-assed "infested x" icons..
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
DuckS
Profile Joined September 2010
United States845 Posts
March 02 2011 19:28 GMT
#8
On March 02 2011 23:21 PepsiStarcraft wrote:
I was hoping to host a tournament within the next few months for some of the active players around my area, and I sent out an email to blizzard in regards to and rules or regulations that they observe with tournament hosting. As of yet I haven't gotten a response. I was just wondering, since team liquid hosts so many successful sponsored tournaments, if you have any information on what the blizzard guidelines/rules are around tournament hosting. Is there a fee that I have to pay to blizzard? Do I have to get Blizzards permission or send them a proposal? If there is a sponsored prize pool ($10,000 Canadian Dollars in my case) must I give blizzard a portion?


Blizzard doesn't get a portion.. They're only there for the 'okay' - that is, if, your tournament is pay-to-enter. Otherwise you're fine.
"You foiled us this time Americans, but your liberty will not protect your Marilyn Monroe forever - our Queen must FEED!" - Deleuze
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
March 02 2011 20:57 GMT
#9
On March 03 2011 04:23 DuckS wrote:
I've been thinking about this for awhile, searched, and found nothing.

What does Blizzard plan to use as portraits/icons for the next two expansions..? They've used about almost every possible unit per race, and a few 'heros'. It would be stupid to see repeats/or half-assed "infested x" icons..

They'll probably just add portraits of any new characters or units that they include in the games. Remember they're just going to be expansion packs, not entirely new games.
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
beat farm
Profile Joined October 2010
United States478 Posts
March 02 2011 22:34 GMT
#10
will the guy who wins code A this season automatically get code S because idra withdrew and they can pick idra for their group and get a auto win vs him?
loving it
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada271 Posts
March 03 2011 00:47 GMT
#11
Why do zerg players use the Detnonate button on their burrowed Banelings instead of telling them to unburrow? Isn't it smarter to tell your banelings to unburrow and either blow up instantly like Detnonate would, but with the added bonus of chasing down the few remaining units left over cause they're now unburrowed?
Stay gold.
ChefStarCraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada350 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-03 01:23:37
March 03 2011 01:23 GMT
#12
On March 03 2011 09:47 loving it wrote:
Why do zerg players use the Detnonate button on their burrowed Banelings instead of telling them to unburrow? Isn't it smarter to tell your banelings to unburrow and either blow up instantly like Detnonate would, but with the added bonus of chasing down the few remaining units left over cause they're now unburrowed?



I believe its because of the delay it takes to unburrow,
at least that how i see it
Why don't we see who is the wizard and play some one on one, I think you'll find me sympathetic to ya when I've won, It seems you've got the brawn to beat me if this was all it takes, But I've got skills to pay the bills and punish each of your mistakes.
JawHun
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States151 Posts
March 03 2011 03:57 GMT
#13
On the Battle.net ladder, I keep seeing the pros grow higher and higher in point values (over 4,000 now).

Is there any sort of point cap, or will the point values continue to grow forever and ever?
godemperor
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium2043 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-03 04:05:24
March 03 2011 04:03 GMT
#14
On March 02 2011 13:50 ChefStarCraft wrote:
I think this is the spot to ask this : )

I have had the hardest time trying to figure out how to add a mood icon in the bottom of my signature
(or w/e we call it here)

In my profile i have the show mood icon checked, and thats really as far as i have gotten.

Been searching for days for the answer in past threads,
Would love some help with my silly problem : D

Thanks in advance : )

If someone could reply to this on here or pm me with the solution
it would be much appreciated.

Click "Profile", scroll all the way down, the 3rd form the bottom should be "your current mood", then click "click here to change". enable the mood display, then choose one of the mood shown below.


On March 03 2011 07:34 beat farm wrote:
will the guy who wins code A this season automatically get code S because idra withdrew and they can pick idra for their group and get a auto win vs him?

I believe Zenio will be treated as a n3 for the group, winner of Code A will not get automatic qualification to Code S.


On March 03 2011 12:57 JawHun wrote:
On the Battle.net ladder, I keep seeing the pros grow higher and higher in point values (over 4,000 now).

Is there any sort of point cap, or will the point values continue to grow forever and ever?

There is no cap limit that why blizzard is going to reset the points soon.
OMFGwindmill
Profile Joined December 2010
United States14 Posts
March 03 2011 04:49 GMT
#15
Hello!

Calling all Chicagoland Sc2 Players. I am seeing who is interested in attending a tournament. Upon gathering the information, I can host a tournament, find accommodation, and gather sponsors. I just need interest and from there I can move forward with this plan. Thank you guys, feel free to PM me.
"I prevent forest fires"
JawHun
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States151 Posts
March 03 2011 05:28 GMT
#16
On March 03 2011 13:03 godemperor wrote:
There is no cap limit that why blizzard is going to reset the points soon.


This is not a permanent solution then. Are they going to continuously reset the ladder when the points get too high? That seems ludicrous.
rza
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada384 Posts
March 03 2011 06:12 GMT
#17
should I use grid keybinds, cause i'm style using normal keybinds
is the majority of pro using grid?
Until my death, my goal's to stay alive.
Goldfish
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
2230 Posts
March 03 2011 06:58 GMT
#18
I have a question - Did motherships use to fire any gold colored beams? I thought I remembered them firing blue and gold beams at the same time (rather than just blue).
https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsServerFeedback/feedback/details/741495/biggest-explorer-annoyance-automatic-sorting-windows-7-server-2008-r2-and-vista#details Allow Disable Auto Arrange in Windows 7+
CaptainCharisma
Profile Joined February 2011
New Zealand808 Posts
March 03 2011 08:01 GMT
#19
Are those "power rankings" on the right related to SC1? Why do people still play SC1 when SC2 is out?
EG.DeMuslim --- EG.ThorZain --- TSL.Polt --- LGIMMvp --- Mill.fOrGG --- EG.Stephano --- EGiNcontroL --- EG.IdrA --- MarineKing.Prime --- SlayerS_MMA --- Liquid'Hero
eXoGhost
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia98 Posts
March 03 2011 08:25 GMT
#20
On March 02 2011 23:21 PepsiStarcraft wrote:
I was hoping to host a tournament within the next few months for some of the active players around my area, and I sent out an email to blizzard in regards to and rules or regulations that they observe with tournament hosting. As of yet I haven't gotten a response. I was just wondering, since team liquid hosts so many successful sponsored tournaments, if you have any information on what the blizzard guidelines/rules are around tournament hosting. Is there a fee that I have to pay to blizzard? Do I have to get Blizzards permission or send them a proposal? If there is a sponsored prize pool ($10,000 Canadian Dollars in my case) must I give blizzard a portion?


If they dont reply, then how can you be held accountable. Don't worry about it dude if it's free entry just do your thing, it's great that you will be doing a $10,000 tourney, congrats
stream: www.livestream.com/pureghostsc2streaming // site: d2dgamer.com
1 2 3 4 5 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10500
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm195
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift5203
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox566
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo684
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.