• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9401 users

[March] Sc2 General Discussion - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
GriMeR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States148 Posts
March 07 2011 19:09 GMT
#81
On March 06 2011 22:44 Destructor wrote:
I'm relatively new to SC2 and I have a Protoss hotkey question. Long story short, whenever I see high level P play, whether it be GSL or in replays, everyone puts all of their nexuses onto a single hotkey. Is this to make chrono-ing easier, and save on wasteful actions? I had been putting my nexuses on different hotkeys originally, because I thought it was important to be able to choose to make probes at a certain expansion (i.e. 3rd expansion) but not necessarily another, but this seems wrong based on everything I've seen. I guess I just wanted some confirmation/insight from veteran players who have a deep understanding of optimal hotkey setups/efficiency. Thanks.



I may not be the best toss as of yet to answer your question, but when ever i make an expo i replace the hotkey of my first nexus with that of my new one.
"Now let's have coffee and discuss the bunker build time!" "I'm still kinda on the fence about it Dustin, we can't make changes like these on a whim" "Agreed, agreed ... what do you think David?" "Hmmm what? ... I mean, o yeah, Terran definitely seems
steaksauceism
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden3 Posts
March 07 2011 19:18 GMT
#82
A question which does not deserves its own thread:
I got 3 templars and storm with 2 of them. If I now choose to make an archon, does it use the 2 templars which just stormed (so I got one storm left) or is it kind of random-ish (I may end up without a third storm).
I don't have the micro to control the templars individually and therefor place pretty much all of them in one controlgroup.
Ludwigvan
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany2373 Posts
March 07 2011 19:43 GMT
#83
On March 08 2011 04:18 steaksauceism wrote:
A question which does not deserves its own thread:
I got 3 templars and storm with 2 of them. If I now choose to make an archon, does it use the 2 templars which just stormed (so I got one storm left) or is it kind of random-ish (I may end up without a third storm).
I don't have the micro to control the templars individually and therefor place pretty much all of them in one controlgroup.

The morphing order is not based on their Energy. So, you have to do it manually, or just hope that the right ones are morphed.
oPPRoBe
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States199 Posts
March 07 2011 22:16 GMT
#84
Hey guys, I'm a low-master Terran, around 2100 points.

I don't really like to do 1-base play too much and would rather do a build that fast expands. Can someone give me some "standard" build orders for every match-up that I can use? I know that I should have a lot of builds in my repertoire, however I feel like I'm still essentially a noob and need builds to help me focus on my mechanics.

Thanks =)
lmlm
KelleYBeatsMe
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 00:23:22
March 08 2011 04:40 GMT
#85
Easier to observe, Hard to play
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
March 08 2011 04:51 GMT
#86
On March 08 2011 04:09 veE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2011 22:44 Destructor wrote:
I'm relatively new to SC2 and I have a Protoss hotkey question. Long story short, whenever I see high level P play, whether it be GSL or in replays, everyone puts all of their nexuses onto a single hotkey. Is this to make chrono-ing easier, and save on wasteful actions? I had been putting my nexuses on different hotkeys originally, because I thought it was important to be able to choose to make probes at a certain expansion (i.e. 3rd expansion) but not necessarily another, but this seems wrong based on everything I've seen. I guess I just wanted some confirmation/insight from veteran players who have a deep understanding of optimal hotkey setups/efficiency. Thanks.



I may not be the best toss as of yet to answer your question, but when ever i make an expo i replace the hotkey of my first nexus with that of my new one.


When I roll Protoss, I always hotkey ALL the Nexi under one hotkey, and rally them to their adjacent mineral patches. If they're all under the hotkey 4 for instance, you can just push 4 and then E (2 times for 2 Nexi, 3 for 3 Nexi etc) to get them to all produce probes.

And yes, it makes chronoboosting WAY easier. If you want to switch between the different bases, just tap the Nexi hotkey you assign, and then tap backspace to cycle the view.

Not a pro by any means, but this is how I play and it works pretty well.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
March 08 2011 04:55 GMT
#87
On March 07 2011 06:52 Kazzabiss wrote:
Zerg should get the Lurker back

In BW each race had a 'siege' type unit, a slow moving or not moving at all unit that you could use to halt all enemy advance (most of the time), the Reaver, the Siege Tank, and the Lurker. Now in sc2 Terran still has the tank, Protoss got the Collosus (which if replaced by the Reaver imo would be more balanced) and Zerg have... nothing.

Lol seriously?

Go back to playing Brood War then haha the hilarious thing about SC2 being a different game.. is that it is a different game!?
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
March 08 2011 06:40 GMT
#88
On March 08 2011 13:55 bkrow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 06:52 Kazzabiss wrote:
Zerg should get the Lurker back

In BW each race had a 'siege' type unit, a slow moving or not moving at all unit that you could use to halt all enemy advance (most of the time), the Reaver, the Siege Tank, and the Lurker. Now in sc2 Terran still has the tank, Protoss got the Collosus (which if replaced by the Reaver imo would be more balanced) and Zerg have... nothing.

Lol seriously?

Go back to playing Brood War then haha the hilarious thing about SC2 being a different game.. is that it is a different game!?


It's not about "going back to another game" or that SC2 is a "different game", it's about what would be the best to do for balance. I'm not saying we should do what he proposed as I didn't play BW myself and I don't know how it was but your attitude doesn't really contribute to anything right now....

Personally I think we should see how it turns out after this patch, we still have alot of new BOs and tactics in this game to learn I think.
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
sereniity
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden1159 Posts
March 08 2011 06:45 GMT
#89
On March 07 2011 07:21 optix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2011 06:52 Kazzabiss wrote:
Zerg should get the Lurker back

In BW each race had a 'siege' type unit, a slow moving or not moving at all unit that you could use to halt all enemy advance (most of the time), the Reaver, the Siege Tank, and the Lurker. Now in sc2 Terran still has the tank, Protoss got the Collosus (which if replaced by the Reaver imo would be more balanced) and Zerg have... nothing.



the Zerg players need more advantage xDD. Very good joke


"more advantage"..?
"I am Day9, Holy shit!"
Frugle
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland20 Posts
March 08 2011 14:53 GMT
#90
I was bored at school today so I made this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/99834/Infestor.html
Jimmeh
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom908 Posts
March 09 2011 05:28 GMT
#91
What happened to the phrase ee han timing? I haven't seen it used once in SC2.
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
March 09 2011 12:26 GMT
#92
So a guy I used to play team games with messaged me last night to inform me he was placed into Masters (in 1v1).

I was really disappointed. I'm 100% certain I'm miles above this guy skill-wise, then I pulled up his match history and was amazed at how many games he had played in two days so I went through and glanced at his build orders.
2 gate zealot rushes and 4 gates. That's it. Nothing else! I was kind of disgusted, maybe I'm just subconsciously jealous or something.
I'm pushing for Masters but I can only average 1-3 games per day throughout the week.
Currently 85-52 getting matched with 3100+ Diamond players so hopefully soon ya?

IceMage
Profile Joined September 2010
United States8 Posts
March 09 2011 18:21 GMT
#93
I've been looking into making a G15 applet for Starcraft to display various things, such as APM, Game Time, Etc.

The thing I'm worried about the most is the cheating factor of things. I don't believe it'd be an issue to show you your APM average / current in real time, but certain things could be considered cheating. There is a fine line between "informative" and cheating when it comes to things like these. I've got a pretty accurate method of getting some of these things, and putting them on the G15 display (all of which I've been doing offline with a test machine, as to not spoil my Battel.net profile), but I wanted the opinion of others on what would be OK to put on the display, and what would be over the line.

For example, in my opinion, showing you your APM would be OK, but showing you your worker count, or your current income rate would not be. Showing you the game time would be fine as well, but showing you an army size in resources would not be. Suggestions welcome.
PhiliBiRD
Profile Joined November 2009
United States2643 Posts
March 09 2011 18:25 GMT
#94
On March 09 2011 14:28 Jimmeh wrote:
What happened to the phrase ee han timing? I haven't seen it used once in SC2.


lol heard it for the first time the other day. i also have noticed that 'gosu' is not nearly as present as it was in BW
ggofthejungle
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Romania392 Posts
March 09 2011 21:04 GMT
#95
How does one find a sponsor for a local SC2 tournament (Chicago in my case, which hasn't had a tournament yet)? The LAN center that we found wants 50% of the sign-up fee of $15, and the rest will go to the prizes (not many prizes left this way). I don't blame them, they need to make money, but it wouldn't be a problem if we had some sponsors.

Why would a sponsor give you money, what's in it for them? My tournament will be about 15-20 people, no stream, so I really don't know what to say in order to get sponsors. PM me so your message doesn't get lost in this thread.

Thanks!
hidiliho
Profile Joined September 2004
Canada685 Posts
March 09 2011 21:08 GMT
#96
I've been wondering if Overlord drops/Queen creep tumor would be a good way to spread creep around the map.

Overlord speeds/drops are already being researched for Baneling drops. Why not drop queen. Overloards and drop creep on an area of the map. Queen unloads and tumors the creep and go on from there.

Would this help hydra movements too?

Just pondering.
I have a dream, that some day I wouldn't see any imba comments in GSL threads.
TvZ
Profile Joined March 2011
1 Post
March 09 2011 21:55 GMT
#97
Hello.
Does anybody happen to know how Adel managed to get that symbol in his name? (MǂAdel)

I thought I read somewhere that you can't use unicode or anything else, just letters, and I haven't been able to find anything using search.
Clicker
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1012 Posts
March 09 2011 23:59 GMT
#98
On March 10 2011 06:08 hidiliho wrote:
I've been wondering if Overlord drops/Queen creep tumor would be a good way to spread creep around the map.

Overlord speeds/drops are already being researched for Baneling drops. Why not drop queen. Overloards and drop creep on an area of the map. Queen unloads and tumors the creep and go on from there.

Would this help hydra movements too?

Just pondering.

IMO once that stuffs researched creep should be pushed out pretty far already unless your opponent has been keeping it down all game.
If you're talking about dropping creep then a tumor on like your opponents 4th base or something, then I don't know if it'd be worth it. I guess it'd be annoying and delay the expansion another 10-25 seconds but meh. Go for it, see what you can do
TechHeart
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2 Posts
March 10 2011 05:42 GMT
#99
Just a quick question since im a newbie, but is there a Q&A section (not about team Liquid) about how starcraft2 works. Like for example the rating system works (which is what Im looking for). sorry for inconvenience, but could someone point me in the right direction.

thks,
TechHeart

P.S.
I tried searching for it but had no luck, it could of just been me though.
I've been infested :)
akaMadMike
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway93 Posts
March 10 2011 12:29 GMT
#100
On March 10 2011 14:42 TechHeart wrote:
Just a quick question since im a newbie, but is there a Q&A section (not about team Liquid) about how starcraft2 works. Like for example the rating system works (which is what Im looking for). sorry for inconvenience, but could someone point me in the right direction.

thks,
TechHeart

P.S.
I tried searching for it but had no luck, it could of just been me though.



There are quite a few threds about it. Just search for ladder or MMR or such here at the TL forums. I alos think you will find some good articles if you google it as well.

I have another question though: When microing (marines/roaches etc), how do you do it usually? In the streaming and replays I mostly see players useing move and attack command, but I feel it is alot easier to just use the move + stop command. Is there any delay disadvantage by micriong this way? I know your units wont be gouped together as nicely, but still alot easier imo.
I know i was born and I know that I’ll die – the in between is mine!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10500
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm195
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift5203
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox566
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo684
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.