• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:24
CEST 05:24
KST 12:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10255 users

[March] Sc2 General Discussion - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
IceMage
Profile Joined September 2010
United States8 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-10 16:43:36
March 10 2011 16:42 GMT
#101
On March 10 2011 06:08 hidiliho wrote:
I've been wondering if Overlord drops/Queen creep tumor would be a good way to spread creep around the map.

Overlord speeds/drops are already being researched for Baneling drops. Why not drop queen. Overloards and drop creep on an area of the map. Queen unloads and tumors the creep and go on from there.

Would this help hydra movements too?

Just pondering.


Sure. Especially if you're ready to move your army to that location. Engaging on creep is ALWAYS preferable as Zerg. The more creep you have, the better, and as I always say "It's never a good thing when you start to see creep crawling into your base." Talking of course about Terran/Protoss players. Even in ZvZ, I spread creep into my opponents existing creep, as most other players won't notice it, and it gives you vision directly into them. Just because your opponent is Zerg doesn't mean you should just stop at connecting your creep highways. Remember, you spread creep not only for your army to move on, but also for vision.
kNightLite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States408 Posts
March 10 2011 21:29 GMT
#102
Does anyone know why InKa left EG for LG? Wasnt he one of those guys who was living in the EG team house?
Gaspa
Profile Joined February 2011
Brazil109 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-11 16:55:48
March 11 2011 16:19 GMT
#103
Well, I thought I'd create a topic for this, but then, it sounds kinda like a silly topic and besides it might have been posted before (tho I searched and found nothing).

So.... What do you guys think of how, when you send your scout into the main of your opponent and he has walled in early, the scout doesn't even see the buildings up his ramp, but it apparently already knows about them on the way and gets kinda stuck trying to get as close as it can to the place you sent it to (like near a ledge on the side of his base....).

I know it sounds unimportant, but it always bothers me, just seems wrong, you know?

I mean, your units should see what you see, so the only path the scout should take to the other guy's base is through the ramp, until the unit (and therefore yourself) has actually seen the wall...

Any thoughts? Should be fixed? Should I have made a topic for this??

(edit: fixed some typos, sorry I didn't review earlier)
"I cannot believe you were stupid enough to be offended by what I said" -- A. Schoenberg
Reno(TE)
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United Kingdom434 Posts
March 11 2011 17:26 GMT
#104
Why the hell isn't prism speed the same as phoenix movement??!? It's a joke that mutalisks can easily pick off a speed prism. They need to align up the speeds to return the concept of skytoss again, like in BW pvz - sairs/shuttle
A pro isnt someone who sacrifices themselves for their job, thats just a fool.
Gaspa
Profile Joined February 2011
Brazil109 Posts
March 11 2011 19:31 GMT
#105
On March 10 2011 06:08 hidiliho wrote:
I've been wondering if Overlord drops/Queen creep tumor would be a good way to spread creep around the map.

Overlord speeds/drops are already being researched for Baneling drops. Why not drop queen. Overloards and drop creep on an area of the map. Queen unloads and tumors the creep and go on from there.

Would this help hydra movements too?

Just pondering.




I always wondered about that too... I actually didn't really think about dropping the Queens with OLs, just thought of taking advantage of the OL's Generate Creep skill a bit to spread the tumors faster... I don't play Zerg though, but I think at times that would be quite doable and useful...

One thing I'm 100% sure is that queens are waay underused, it's a tier 1 caster (transfusion, anyone? pretty useful), for 150 minerals, the only tier 1 anti-air for zerg, with range 7 against ground units, it's pretty beefy at 150 hp, and doesn't use larvae! One queen per hatch, maybe one more to spread creep and that's that?! Really, zergs? Really??
"I cannot believe you were stupid enough to be offended by what I said" -- A. Schoenberg
Frond
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4 Posts
March 12 2011 08:39 GMT
#106
I had a bit of a peculiar idea recently, and wanted to air it out here instead of starting a thread in case it's old news or infeasible or whatever.

The basic idea is that you can deny mining on 1 of your opponent's mineral patches with your scouting worker. Do this by starting to mine whenever one of your opponent's workers is about to mine from that patch (so that worker bounces off that patch and loses mining time) and then stop your worker before it actually picks up minerals. Repeat this process, so your worker can "occupy" an opponent's mineral patch almost constantly.

I haven't done any tests or compared mineral counts doing/not doing this. I'm just wondering -- is this an old idea, too apm-intensive, too insignificant of an advantage, infeasible for some other reason, etc?

Thanks for reading.
akaMadMike
Profile Joined January 2011
Norway93 Posts
March 12 2011 10:25 GMT
#107
On March 12 2011 17:39 Frond wrote:
I had a bit of a peculiar idea recently, and wanted to air it out here instead of starting a thread in case it's old news or infeasible or whatever.

The basic idea is that you can deny mining on 1 of your opponent's mineral patches with your scouting worker. Do this by starting to mine whenever one of your opponent's workers is about to mine from that patch (so that worker bounces off that patch and loses mining time) and then stop your worker before it actually picks up minerals. Repeat this process, so your worker can "occupy" an opponent's mineral patch almost constantly.

I haven't done any tests or compared mineral counts doing/not doing this. I'm just wondering -- is this an old idea, too apm-intensive, too insignificant of an advantage, infeasible for some other reason, etc?

Thanks for reading.



Cant remember which pro (think it was one of the Terran players..?) keep doing this, but I am pretty sure Day[9] mentions it in one of his vids. So not a new idea, just pretty APM demaning I guess.
I know i was born and I know that I’ll die – the in between is mine!
OhYess
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada41 Posts
March 13 2011 00:05 GMT
#108
HuK was talking about doing it in an interview. He said it doesn't really help, he just does it because it is cute. Lol
exog
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway279 Posts
March 13 2011 00:11 GMT
#109
"All" PvsP GSL games are ~10 min... I believe its because of warp-in, if you get an advantage and can warp into enemys base its over. Luckily i know how to fix this.

In order to create a defenders advantage, make warp-in dependant on distance to warpgate. So if you warp into/close to enemys base, it takes 2x the time.
Gauss253
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1 Post
March 13 2011 04:31 GMT
#110
Dear Liquid n Friends,

I'm a noob on the forums so I can't make a new topic yet --

Ever since SC2 came out I was kinda stuck in this rut at the top of my division in gold. Then last november during fall break I did nothing but play SC2 and I got promoted to platinum and then diamond in the same day. I ended up like around rank 50 diamond, and then quit playing since I was so busy. Now that I'm getting back into it a few strats have changed, and for a good bit I totally sucked. Now I'm finally getting my chops back up. So I was on this horrible hotel internet connection last night and pretty much got DC'd from every single game I played... but I kept playing just to practice build orders and practice surviving all-ins from zerg and terran (i'm a protoss) with 3 production structures, and then doing a nicely timed expansion. So I won a few games here and there, but because of D/Cs and legitimate losses I got demoted to platinum... now I'm rank 2 in plat... I'm back on my desktop and 20mb connection and literally just won 15 games in a row and still haven't gotten promoted back into diamond... Am I doomed to platinum forever? Is there any way to see how far away I am from promotions? Appreciate any responses. Add me in game, Gauss code 253

-Thanks
neriofrio1
Profile Joined March 2011
5 Posts
March 13 2011 06:46 GMT
#111
--- Nuked ---
hobbessc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Philippines7 Posts
March 13 2011 06:55 GMT
#112
I've been thinking about this for a while.
What do you think about adding a feature in ladder where you can earn points to be able to customize how your units looked like. They would do the same things but you could make them look different.
If you guys play tekken 5 and the succeeding ones, you know what I'm talking about. You can dress up which ever character you're using by spending money 'earned' from matches. It would be awesome if blizzard added a feature like that. It would make laddering so much more rewarding (by being able to add some customizations to your unit designs) and it would give more prestige to good players because of awesome looking units.
What do you guys think?
Is this even possible to do?
zerg macro for the win.
graph1k
Profile Joined December 2010
United States97 Posts
March 13 2011 08:24 GMT
#113
I just looked on sc2reps and saw some TheSTC replays, is he back playing or was this just him getting a little time off from the army and playing a few games?
Ashok
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia339 Posts
March 13 2011 11:47 GMT
#114
Is anyone else getting tired from playing the new ladder games? I don't mind playing a 20-30-40 min ladder game, perhaps once (and at most twice a night), but it's getting really tiring to play 3+ games a night with these new macro-oriented maps.

Playing a macro game as a T, although rewarding, drains alot of energy, because you need to be constantly trading armies and harassing to reduce the protoss deathball and to stop the zerg macro.

Sigh..
Ashok
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia339 Posts
March 13 2011 11:47 GMT
#115
On March 12 2011 02:26 Reno(TE) wrote:
Why the hell isn't prism speed the same as phoenix movement??!? It's a joke that mutalisks can easily pick off a speed prism. They need to align up the speeds to return the concept of skytoss again, like in BW pvz - sairs/shuttle


I don't play toss, but isn't there an prism speed upgrade?
PaPoolee
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Netherlands660 Posts
March 13 2011 11:50 GMT
#116
On March 13 2011 13:31 Gauss253 wrote:
Dear Liquid n Friends,

I'm a noob on the forums so I can't make a new topic yet --

Ever since SC2 came out I was kinda stuck in this rut at the top of my division in gold. Then last november during fall break I did nothing but play SC2 and I got promoted to platinum and then diamond in the same day. I ended up like around rank 50 diamond, and then quit playing since I was so busy. Now that I'm getting back into it a few strats have changed, and for a good bit I totally sucked. Now I'm finally getting my chops back up. So I was on this horrible hotel internet connection last night and pretty much got DC'd from every single game I played... but I kept playing just to practice build orders and practice surviving all-ins from zerg and terran (i'm a protoss) with 3 production structures, and then doing a nicely timed expansion. So I won a few games here and there, but because of D/Cs and legitimate losses I got demoted to platinum... now I'm rank 2 in plat... I'm back on my desktop and 20mb connection and literally just won 15 games in a row and still haven't gotten promoted back into diamond... Am I doomed to platinum forever? Is there any way to see how far away I am from promotions? Appreciate any responses. Add me in game, Gauss code 253

-Thanks


No Gauss you are not doomed, give it a day or two and I'm sure after keeping your winning ratio high you will get promoted back to diamond! good luck bro!.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
March 13 2011 13:06 GMT
#117
On March 13 2011 20:47 Ashok wrote:I don't play toss, but isn't there an prism speed upgrade?


If you have a Robo Bay up vs Zerg and aren't:

a) Using it to get Colossus range or
b) Saving the gas for Colossi or
c) Tech-switching to something else with the gas

then you are probable maxed and bored, Bronze or playing AI on Very Easy.
.Enigma.
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden1461 Posts
March 13 2011 13:26 GMT
#118
On March 11 2011 06:29 kNightLite wrote:
Does anyone know why InKa left EG for LG? Wasnt he one of those guys who was living in the EG team house?


Incontrol said that his contract had expired and both parties decided that it would be best for him to move on.
"Jupiters c*ck!" - Quintus Lentulus Batiatus
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
March 13 2011 13:53 GMT
#119
Just a strange question that popped into my head but if you emp a warp prism carrying HTs, does that drain their energy?
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
AJMcSpiffy
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1154 Posts
March 13 2011 13:56 GMT
#120
On March 13 2011 22:06 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2011 20:47 Ashok wrote:I don't play toss, but isn't there an prism speed upgrade?


If you have a Robo Bay up vs Zerg and aren't:

a) Using it to get Colossus range or
b) Saving the gas for Colossi or
c) Tech-switching to something else with the gas

then you are probable maxed and bored, Bronze or playing AI on Very Easy.

Trying something new = not playing seriously?
There's no reason to cut out an entire tech option just because you haven't seen any pros use it yet (which I'm sure some pros even have)
If the quarter was in your right hand, that would've been micro
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings111
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 210
StarCraft: Brood War
Terrorterran 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1087
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 398
minikerr46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King178
hungrybox121
Other Games
summit1g9262
Maynarde241
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick465
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 174
• Letter145
• practicex 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1038
• Rush736
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 36m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 36m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 36m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.