• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon104
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7955 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 32

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
SecretA5DC
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)225 Posts
December 31 2010 21:17 GMT
#621
Keep in mind this I'm Mid Tier Plat on KOR server while Diamond on NA. I just play there whenever I'm home for break. I'm sure for the top 3K+ Korean zergs they open up hatch first and can block early harass and can macro effectively late game.

I know games played isn't a good indicator of skill but you got Koreans in Gold League and Plat league with Carrier icons or Kerrigan icons.
dslyecix
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada37 Posts
December 31 2010 21:31 GMT
#622
On December 31 2010 08:37 SecretA5DC wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 31 2010 08:28 dslyecix wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On December 31 2010 08:19 SecretA5DC wrote:
Just two quick questions, what's the command to select all your OC's at once? and how do you position your OCs once you're finished with all 4? Do you put 3 in your base and 1 in the natural? or 2 at each base?

Pretty sure you just have to hotkey them together, no other trick to it. As for the positioning, I'd assume you'd want to keep your extras hidden for as long as possible, so at least until you get all 4 scouted you should keep your extra 2 in your main. After they've been scouted I suppose you can put them wherever you want them, possibly as part of a wall-off if needed. Just make sure they're well protected because losing them wouldn't be a great idea.


What do you mean by Hotkeying them together? So I ctrl-1 one OC, and then select another OC and press ctrl-1?

Press shift + 1 to add a selected unit to a group. So either grab both your CCs and press ctrl + 1 to add them at once, or if you already have a CC on 1, then press shift + 1 while the newer CC is selected.

Set the SCV waypoints to their respective mineral patches and you never have to look at your CCs again, just 1ss if you have two CCs, or 1sss if you have 3 etc.
Iron_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States389 Posts
January 01 2011 00:52 GMT
#623
I am about to start trying this strat out. The thing that made me finally say to myself to try this, is that when I lose to zerg, I ALWAYS lose to zerg when I am attacking HIM. I never lose by going heavy econ and getting run over at my base. This may happen to me with this strat, but I am going to play the odds and figure that the zerg would rather spam the map than come attack me.

After watching many of the replays, I also find it nice that you replenish so fast. Lets face it, one way or another the zerg is going to make blings, and the zerg is going to blow your shit up. Its going to happen over and over every game until you drop him enough or wear him down on resources and bases. Sooooooo, why not use a strat that replenishes this fast?

Thanks for the very specific write up, I look forward to seeing 80 marines blow up then make 80 more.
Foxtrot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada21 Posts
January 01 2011 06:38 GMT
#624
Just want to say that I played this strat exclusively today and have been getting extremely good results. TvZ used to be, by far, my weak match-up, I think that it's now my best. This is just so strong. The point is just to stay alive long enough for your OC to kick in, then you've got such a good economy, it's ridiculous. You can then start denying his expos and even if he blows your shit up, you can remake them so fast, it's crazy. Also, not only mules gives you a good economy but you can also saturate your expos extremely fast with this build.

This really is a new approach and every zerg I have been playing against today have raged-quit saying that this is OP and the game is imbalanced. A few days ago I was getting raped by mutas.
SecretA5DC
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)225 Posts
January 01 2011 14:09 GMT
#625
This works pretty awesome in 3vs3s
Foxtrot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada21 Posts
January 01 2011 15:35 GMT
#626
On January 01 2011 15:38 Foxtrot wrote:
Just want to say that I played this strat exclusively today and have been getting extremely good results. TvZ used to be, by far, my weak match-up, I think that it's now my best. This is just so strong. The point is just to stay alive long enough for your OC to kick in, then you've got such a good economy, it's ridiculous. You can then start denying his expos and even if he blows your shit up, you can remake them so fast, it's crazy. Also, not only mules gives you a good economy but you can also saturate your expos extremely fast with this build.

This really is a new approach and every zerg I have been playing against today have raged-quit saying that this is OP and the game is imbalanced. A few days ago I was getting raped by mutas.


Forgot to say that I am 2350 Diamond in US servers.
SecretA5DC
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)225 Posts
January 01 2011 15:37 GMT
#627
On January 02 2011 00:35 Foxtrot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 01 2011 15:38 Foxtrot wrote:
Just want to say that I played this strat exclusively today and have been getting extremely good results. TvZ used to be, by far, my weak match-up, I think that it's now my best. This is just so strong. The point is just to stay alive long enough for your OC to kick in, then you've got such a good economy, it's ridiculous. You can then start denying his expos and even if he blows your shit up, you can remake them so fast, it's crazy. Also, not only mules gives you a good economy but you can also saturate your expos extremely fast with this build.

This really is a new approach and every zerg I have been playing against today have raged-quit saying that this is OP and the game is imbalanced. A few days ago I was getting raped by mutas.


Forgot to say that I am 2350 Diamond in US servers.


We should do some Team Matches
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
January 01 2011 17:43 GMT
#628
On January 01 2011 15:38 Foxtrot wrote:
Just want to say that I played this strat exclusively today and have been getting extremely good results. TvZ used to be, by far, my weak match-up, I think that it's now my best. This is just so strong. The point is just to stay alive long enough for your OC to kick in, then you've got such a good economy, it's ridiculous. You can then start denying his expos and even if he blows your shit up, you can remake them so fast, it's crazy. Also, not only mules gives you a good economy but you can also saturate your expos extremely fast with this build.

This really is a new approach and every zerg I have been playing against today have raged-quit saying that this is OP and the game is imbalanced. A few days ago I was getting raped by mutas.


Glad its working out well for you! Post some reps when you get a chance.
griffith.583 (NA)
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 01 2011 17:47 GMT
#629
I'd go 3 OCs in base on a smaller open nat map, drop one at the nat when safe, and then make 2 more to PF my 3rd and 4th, so I end up with 3 OCs for mass scan/mules.

It really is imba, although I wouldn't suggest mass marines really... but that's just because I moved away from them.

I played foxtrot not a few days ago on either allbusiness or iamjeffrey!


I found, when I 2 rax no gas, I can afford to get the 2 extra CCs as I turtle and harass with hellions, just so long as I have two facs up with tech labs when I drop expo to nat, and get both gasses. Then you can churn out thors or siege tanks effectively forcing the zerg to change units so you're back on even ground, just with heavy mule usage.
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Foxtrot
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada21 Posts
January 01 2011 18:17 GMT
#630
On January 02 2011 02:47 iAmJeffReY wrote:
I'd go 3 OCs in base on a smaller open nat map, drop one at the nat when safe, and then make 2 more to PF my 3rd and 4th, so I end up with 3 OCs for mass scan/mules.

It really is imba, although I wouldn't suggest mass marines really... but that's just because I moved away from them.

I played foxtrot not a few days ago on either allbusiness or iamjeffrey!


I found, when I 2 rax no gas, I can afford to get the 2 extra CCs as I turtle and harass with hellions, just so long as I have two facs up with tech labs when I drop expo to nat, and get both gasses. Then you can churn out thors or siege tanks effectively forcing the zerg to change units so you're back on even ground, just with heavy mule usage.


Actually, my bnet username is not Foxtrot, it's Doombringer
Zombo Joe
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada850 Posts
January 01 2011 21:51 GMT
#631
Works too well in 4v4s.

I sniped the gold expansion and then built a marine tank medivac army twice as large the next largest army.
I am Terranfying.
PowerDes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States520 Posts
January 03 2011 04:17 GMT
#632
This strategy is ridiculously good in FFA. Wall off and mass orbitals, then mass mm ball/ mass medivac drops.
twitch.tv/PowerDes
Danger-dog
Profile Joined April 2006
United States50 Posts
January 03 2011 05:32 GMT
#633
I've been playing some FFA as T, and I've realized that it doesn't really matter how many SCVs you get above the minimum for however many gas you want, because with 5 OC you can suck a golds dry in like 3 min.
Here Lies The Zerg Lurker, R.I.P. 1998-2010.
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
January 03 2011 07:07 GMT
#634
I was just thinking if in PvT you scouted early or rushed DT tech, wouldn't it be a good timing window to construct a 3rd OC to serve as a stopgap measure while teching up to your Ravens and then used for MULES after your Raven is completed?
Dartmoose
Profile Joined January 2011
United States11 Posts
January 05 2011 04:20 GMT
#635
In the OP, you stated good to perfect macro will get you a 200/200 army by 13-14 minutes. I've done this build twice now on ladder (won both times but i think i was matched with sub-par zergs). However, I never approach the 200/200 at the 14 minute mark, even in practice against a medium computer. Not even close.... Am I doing something horribly wrong? The second replay on scrap station is probably the better one to watch. Also, I'd appreciate any tips ^^

http://screplays.com/replays/dartmoose/14700
http://screplays.com/replays/dartmoose/14702
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 12:18:16
January 07 2011 12:17 GMT
#636
I have done this strategy against Zerg a couple of times and it is quite strong.

This makes me wonder, it is possible to do this vs Protoss? When will Protoss have an observer in your base and detect what you are doing?

Also, can your economic advantage kick in early enough so that you can overwhelm a teching Protoss with Marines and Mauraders? Protoss teching up is much more scary than Zerg trying to do the same thing.
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-07 15:08:34
January 07 2011 14:57 GMT
#637
I don't really know why people insist on hiding this. You're going to be 2 raxxing so zerg has to defend for a little bit. Then he's not going to worry as much because its not the SCV pull variant. Then he's going to scout and see you have 2+X OC.

Then what is he going to do? You can almost wall your whole nat with floated OCs and if you go rax rax fact then he's not going to be able to roach or bling bust through a production wall, a CC wall with tanks behind them and perhaps bunkers. Then his only real option is going to have to mass expand to counter.

I'm not sure what hiding this actually does for you. Better to show and force a predictable the mass expand response and use your ridiculous harass units (hellion/banshee/medivac) to deal with it before pushing out and taking your extra bases.

I do think that the 3 OC is somewhat more optimal. You're not delaying your tech as much and you can take that crucial third with a PFort and actually have 3 base worth of income from not mining out your main as quickly. Zerg can easily have infestors when you push out late with bio so getting tanks and ravens or whatever tech is quite important.

I'd personally want to see more mech variant reps. I'd also be curious if there are any ways you can push your growth curve by cutting SCVs in favor of OCs.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 06:34:33
January 09 2011 06:32 GMT
#638
ive been practicing this strat and it works great so far. I have problems massing the army fast enough, and getting 2/2 + upgrades, but it still works like a charm, and the obvious counter to this(banes/infestors) are easily countered by micro+ fast medivacs. Support marines with some marauders on the front, try to engage in a choke point, and laugh at the next 100 supply marines killing off all opposition. Great work figuring this one out, needs good apm and macro/micro skills though. Surviving the first minutes is quite easy if u delay ur 4th CC, 2 barracks and 1 cc as wall works like a charm, if u spot raoches just repair bunkers, if he goes bust he wont be able to take out more than ur 1 barracks, because the marines besides barracks will shoot the first banes anyway, so u just place marines on choke point of destructed barracks and defend against lings.


Funniest thing about mass marines is that if your opponents commits too much to banes to kill you then he has no units to counter attack.
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
snrcrackles
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19 Posts
January 09 2011 07:33 GMT
#639
Ever since I started using this build, I've only lost one game to zerg. This build is simply amazing. It allows youto outmacro a zerg player quite easily. Sometimes I do a 3OC, only because I have so many resources flowing in with only three, that I can keep my prdouction constant. I've tried this build out a little against protoss, I've had some luck with it, but fending off a 4gate is a little tough. All in all, this build hs allowed me to win over 3/4ths of my games against zerg since I've been using it. It simply works wonders.
gcFamous
Profile Joined December 2010
New Zealand35 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-09 10:18:22
January 09 2011 10:17 GMT
#640
Just started using this build yesterday Im at 2600diamond, currently 7-1 with it, only lost the first match because it was my first time trying the build, the Grifith 4OC is amazing =D
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
Rex 125
Codebar 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2754
Shuttle 1437
EffOrt 926
BeSt 705
Light 426
Mini 403
ggaemo 341
Stork 276
ZerO 253
firebathero 242
[ Show more ]
Rush 167
Barracks 135
Sea.KH 82
Zeus 65
Killer 63
Shine 55
Dewaltoss 55
Hyun 39
Mong 33
Shinee 31
Yoon 31
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 28
Sexy 27
sorry 22
Bale 22
soO 21
Terrorterran 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Sacsri 11
yabsab 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
qojqva3834
Dendi1786
BananaSlamJamma392
LuMiX1
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes589
Other Games
singsing2229
hiko1208
Liquid`RaSZi1151
B2W.Neo870
Lowko357
Liquid`VortiX224
Sick167
ArmadaUGS124
Trikslyr23
ZerO(Twitch)12
Mew2King10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream558
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile116
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2202
• Nemesis1911
• TFBlade657
Other Games
• WagamamaTV288
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 54m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 54m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.