• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:08
CEST 00:08
KST 07:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6642 users

[G] TvZ Griffith's 4OC Pressure Push - Page 33

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 37 Next All
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
January 13 2011 21:00 GMT
#641
Finally getting my computer back this weekend so I can run some more tests and get some more replays in.

Question: how difficult do you find mid-game, late-game TvZ is when using 4OC compared to other Terran builds?
griffith.583 (NA)
Conrose
Profile Joined October 2010
437 Posts
January 13 2011 21:21 GMT
#642
On January 14 2011 06:00 Griffith` wrote:
Finally getting my computer back this weekend so I can run some more tests and get some more replays in.

Question: how difficult do you find mid-game, late-game TvZ is when using 4OC compared to other Terran builds?


If you are in the lower leagues because of macro or micro issues (60 APM or lower), this build is not very usable outside of 3v3 and 4v4 matches. As a transition rather than an opening build, I've found it useful, especially if I snipe a Zerg player's 3rd and 4th while I grab 2 more bases for gas where I can actually transition into Endless Thors off 3 Facts at which point I usually start an A-Move roflstomping after the first 9 are finished. Granted these first 9 have Marine support, but as the Marines die out and more Thors join them (Via Dropships I managed to keep alive), it becomes near unstoppable as you reach 20 Thors.

LOADS of fun in 3v3 on maps where you can get away with it (Typhon in particular is a stand out example since it's such a macro oriented team map since the opponent attempting the back door usually results in the game pushing past the 7-9 minute vulnerability while initial pushes against the front door prior to 10 minutes usually results in them losing much of their army. Your mass Marines hard counter even a multiple mass air play. I've expanded to as much as 5 Base Gas on this map without trouble). I don't play much 4v4 since it pushes my computer to its limitations but I imagine it's even more fun on shared base 4v4 Maps.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-16 19:25:38
January 16 2011 19:24 GMT
#643
Just came back from a 5 week hiatus, lost about 30 apm over break =(

Gotta say, Tal'Darim Altar is a pretty awesome map for 4OC + PFs

[url blocked]
griffith.583 (NA)
MockHamill
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden1798 Posts
January 16 2011 19:34 GMT
#644
I find that the build worked very well when I was mid-Diamond, now when I have moved up a bit and play mostly vs higher-Diamond players it is not as strong any more. Good Zerg players actually expand their economy so fast that it is just even come mid-game with this build.

Not sure what it the best anti-Zerg strategy though. Marine/SCV all in works great vs mid-Diamond and lower but not against better Zerg players.
TheRealDJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States124 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-23 22:18:03
January 22 2011 23:01 GMT
#645
Lol just saw Slayers_Boxer use mass OC in late game tvt. Totally awesome when he's earning 3 times the mineral income as his opponent and drop mules on tank positions.

Edit: lol and once again IMMvp vs oGsHyperdub, mass expands with OC, reducing the number of SCVs he uses, allowing him to constantly putting pressure with pure bio, wiping out a 3 base terran.
Crankenstein
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia150 Posts
January 23 2011 00:33 GMT
#646
If you are in the lower leagues because of macro or micro issues (60 APM or lower), this build is not very usable outside of 3v3 and 4v4 matches.


Disagree completely. I started using this build when I was in Bronze and snapped many-a-neck with it.

Question: how difficult do you find mid-game, late-game TvZ is when using 4OC compared to other Terran builds?


mid-game and late-game aren't the problem for me. Early game is. I struggle against 7RR and Baneling Bursts when using this build because I feel that getting 4OC's leaves me somewhat vulnerable early on in the game, particularly if the zerg is 1 basing. For this reason I have been only getting 3 CC's before getting gas + factories rather than 4 and I feel a lot safer that way having siege tech much faster.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-26 22:29:51
January 26 2011 19:52 GMT
#647
High Diamond: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/130825-1v1-terran-zerg-delta-quadrant (3OC into Raven Tank)
Mid Masters: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/130877-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns (3OC into SK Terran)


Adding in some more replays
griffith.583 (NA)
Meborg
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands50 Posts
January 28 2011 14:15 GMT
#648
I tend to do 2 oc 1 gas 3oc 2nd gas 4th PF with this build.

Tried it out quite a lot of variations with this build, but if you decide to open with 2rax, you have to commit to your agression. The gas before 3rd OC is to get stim out earlier and transition into upgrades + medivacs or/and siege tanks a little sooner if you're facing off against roaches or other stuff.

The way I see this build is to just do marine pressure / bunker rush, and force out a lot of units. Once you're able to keep pressuring the zerg, you semi-retreat to your base to get bunkers @ your expand, and expansion running. Once this is the case, you will want to pressure again to finalize your economic advantage. Once your 3rd OC is up, you should be able to start working towards your 3rd base as a planetary fortress, while getting as much tech as you can.

And by the way, I have tried the strike cannon thor drops :D They work awesome, but you should do multiple pronged harrass while doing it. It's best if the zerg sends all his bullshit gruond to deal with 3 hellions or something, and he misses the thor drop. If the thors manage to shoot before the zerg army is there, the zerg will be hard pressed to handle the thors with just mutalisks or backup units.

The only critique on the thor drop is that once the zerg has enough air forces, its very hard to get through to his base. Dropping thors to save medivacs is very inefficient and very dangerous to your units, but if you manage to macro on par with the zerg, an unexpected thor drop wreaks havoc to the zergs mind. The few times the thor drops won me the game it wasnt because I killed a lair and a hatchery. The thordrops won me the game because the zerg tilted into full agression mode which left him very weakened :D
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-28 17:05:32
January 28 2011 17:05 GMT
#649
On January 27 2011 04:52 Griffith` wrote:
High Diamond: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/130825-1v1-terran-zerg-delta-quadrant (3OC into Raven Tank)
Mid Masters: http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/130877-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns (3OC into SK Terran)


Adding in some more replays


More SK Terran, w00t :D

Looking forward to these.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-28 23:48:15
January 28 2011 23:44 GMT
#650
I'm going to double post but I need to bump this with one thing you should consider when doing a gas heavy Raven vs zerg where you keep falling behind on your macro. A good idea if you are having trouble keeping up with ridiculous mineral intake is to to throw down a reactor factory. That's 400 minerals per minute and is a fast way balance out a spike in income IE mass transfer to a third base or getting some extra OCs.

The reactor factory is the biggest mineral sink Terran has and one of the faster things you can get up and running. Hellions also benefit greatly from the reduced creep spread from Ravens. They don't get taken out by speedlings and take advantage of bases that aren't creep linked. This can make sure Zerg can't ninja an expo. They kill lings and in large numbers counter nearly every zerg ground unit not an ultralisk due to massive splash overlap.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 29 2011 02:52 GMT
#651
If hellions get a good angle, they do good damage to almost any ball/mass of units. I incorporate hellions any chance I get. Definitely worth it against any race if you're high on minerals.

I'm having good success if I 2 rax FE before I put down 3rd rax, put 3rd OC in base to over sat 2 bases, and easily macro out a marine tank push that can at least attempt to draw mutas back.

However, not playing too much 2 rax anymore, I'm wondering how to mix in a 3rd OC for creep scans/mules doing a 1-1 FE into 3-1-1 build...
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
January 29 2011 03:07 GMT
#652
The 1-1-Expo-1->2 rax pretty tightly timed with regards to the hellion harass and banshee harass isn't it? :-\
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
iAmJeffReY
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4262 Posts
January 29 2011 03:38 GMT
#653
Nay, I go 1-1 expo, drop 2 more rax and a starport, tech lab on fac + 1 rax, ebay for +1, viking + marine octodrop into marine tank pushes is my normal TvZ

Viking to clear some OLs to make drop less noticeable, run in snipe queen and any drones pick and run. Been workin half way decently, as drop hits before muta comes.

I open with the 5 marine 1 hellion poke
Unbiased biased terran abuser Jeffrey. Sorry for the rage, friend!
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-29 13:20:23
January 29 2011 13:19 GMT
#654
I'm not that familiar with this build to be honest but it sounds like the one that Pookie used to do except it goes into marine production earlier and do tanks instead of a 2 of everything.

What do you think about trying to get the 2nd CC by delaying the barracks and possibly cutting one barracks until after the port and relying on 2 rax with some sort of siege support instead? I think the general strategy for integrating extra OCs where bio is involved is to delay/reorder barracks so instead of having some early, you get the extra CCs. This boosts your income so you can put down more Rax a little later to achieve the same unit count sometime down the road.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
January 29 2011 15:42 GMT
#655
On some maps with extremely long rush distances and relatively safe naturals, 1-rax expand into 2rax into 3OC is actually fairly strong as well. Thing is, I like 2-rax because it offers me mobility - the ability to run around and scare the shit out of zerg without committing to an attack.
griffith.583 (NA)
Tailss
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden233 Posts
January 29 2011 17:35 GMT
#656
This build is actually working out really well for me.
Im not at a very high level though, 2.6k diamond.
What I usually do is, I put 2 more rax and 2 factories up after ive taken my 2 gas, its around approximately 40 food id guess. I put down 2 bunkers at my natural, and just pumping marines, marauders and siege tanks. When my third tank is finished, the opponent is trying to take a third, and most times i can quite easily just simply kill it. Then im adding more rax and factories and also getting some thors, hellions or other stuff, depending on what my opponent does. But after i successfully denied his third its really just a matter of time, I can easily contain him with my tanks and slow push him until a gg pops up and i can eventually claim the victory.
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 00:32:23
February 01 2011 00:20 GMT
#657
More 3OC into mech (marine tank medivac raven) ~ masters level

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/133049-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/133047-2v2-terran-zerg-metalopolis
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/133046-1v1-terran-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

I am starting to think that 3OC may in fact be the sweetest spot.
griffith.583 (NA)
education
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada3 Posts
February 01 2011 00:44 GMT
#658
Ahh... I've played Griffith several times and totally got dominated before I ever even knew that this thread existed. And I go on TL and see this post! The reason this build is so powerful is because it causes the zerg to require an almost perfect game to counter well and it never gives the zerg a safe opportunity to macro up and drone.

As a zerg, I have several notes on what zergs can do and what T needs to watch out for.

I would say the most effective playstyle zerg should adopt is a mix of sling/bling with massive creep spread into overlord drops with baneling bombs/slings/ultras

I believe I am on the losing side of several of the replays posted but on hindsight, I still don't think I played calmly.

Speed roaches are also quite effective and less headachy on the micro side if you like a-moving
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
February 01 2011 01:26 GMT
#659
If you are making Tank/Medivac, you should get the Medivac energy since you aren't making nearly as many medivacs.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Mali__Slon
Profile Joined October 2010
Senegal163 Posts
February 01 2011 01:29 GMT
#660
is this build still up to date? I am looking for new tvz build, and this is very different form anything i ve ever seen, so it will take some time to adapt.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 37 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 116
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 172
firebathero 89
910 40
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm87
Counter-Strike
Fnx 762
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0180
PPMD49
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9404
Liquid`Hasu1676
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g7267
Liquid`RaSZi6093
shahzam554
JimRising 266
B2W.Neo202
Pyrionflax180
KnowMe121
ArmadaUGS98
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream304
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 73
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 34
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1072
Other Games
• imaqtpie1128
• Shiphtur216
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 52m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 52m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.