• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:36
CEST 17:36
KST 00:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10119 users

Learning something obvious that improved your SC2 - Page 7

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 40 Next All
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
September 21 2010 20:05 GMT
#121
On September 22 2010 04:53 Hendeca wrote:
I'm a little embarrassed about this one, but I never used stim in BW! Never realized how AMAZING it was!


It was better in BW. In BW it doubled your rate of fire, in SC2 it only increases by 50%.
some_noob
Profile Joined August 2010
160 Posts
September 21 2010 20:06 GMT
#122
In scrap station, you can queue blink stalkers from your base to the island, and from the island to the enemy's base. (you prolly need vision)
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
September 21 2010 20:08 GMT
#123
On September 22 2010 05:06 some_noob wrote:
In scrap station, you can queue blink stalkers from your base to the island, and from the island to the enemy's base. (you prolly need vision)


You can also blink to the islands on LT if your opponent floated to the island or isn't protecting it. At least the bottom right, I'd assume top left as well.
Vz0
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada378 Posts
September 21 2010 20:08 GMT
#124
On September 21 2010 23:21 Tenks wrote:
Playing with HP bars always on makes micro a ton easier.


Also calling MULEs down right on a mineral patch. I think I went like 5 beta patches without knowing that.

^__^ this one made me laugh a little. I've had my own fair share the problem while tinkering with terran in custom matches.
SnowFantasy
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
4173 Posts
September 21 2010 20:08 GMT
#125
You can target fire with bunkers..
tetramaster
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada253 Posts
September 21 2010 20:10 GMT
#126
As other people have mentioned, HP bars on. Makes feedbacking an incoming medivac drop only to watch 3 out of 4 of them blow up delicious, and makes bad terran players run away when they lose their raven and they realize I had DTs flanking them. Prior to that, I don't think I used feedback very much due to not knowing what had enough energy to get 1 shotted.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
September 21 2010 20:10 GMT
#127
During beta and for some time after release I didn't know how to spread creep, I thought that I had to make the queen spawn a new creep tumor each time I wanted to spread more creep...

Until I saw in a VOD a player clicking on a creep tumor...
o choro é livre
KazeHydra
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Japan2788 Posts
September 21 2010 20:11 GMT
#128
Back in beta, I didn't realize you could swap terran tech labs. I thought they were building specific. It also took me awhile to realize robo is 100 gas and not 200 like in bw.
"Because I know this promise that won’t disappear will turn even a cause of tears into strength. You taught me that if I can believe, there is nothing that cannot come true." - Nana Mizuki (Yakusoku) 17:36 ils kaze got me into nana 17:36 ils by his blog
Skaff
Profile Joined February 2010
United States240 Posts
September 21 2010 20:13 GMT
#129
On September 22 2010 04:48 Devolved wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2010 04:22 Day[9] wrote:
Kind of a complicated one, but still really useful!

The background info:
If a work has money in his hand, pressing "C" (return cargo) causes the worker to return the cargo and then go back to collecting resources. This is useful if you select a worker to go build something, but it's holding some money, you press "C" and once he returns, you tell him to move towards building again.

The cool thing:
Suppose a worker is mining minerals and you want him to go mine gas. Suppose the worker is holding minerals too (ie on a return trip!). If you tell him to mine gas, then you press the "C" button, he'll return the minerals AND THEN GO MINE GAS ZOMG. It's pretty impressively awesome subtlety that makes it SO MUCH EASIER to send guys into gas in mid game. woowoo.

I'm not sure if pressing "C" qualifies as complicated.


It starts with a "C". Good enough in my book!
darmousseh
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3437 Posts
September 21 2010 20:16 GMT
#130
..a burrowed zerg unit can prevent a building from being placed in that location (particularly fun if you drop a zergling or a roach at someone's natural expansion).


This could screw up your opponent so much. I am definitely going to try this.
Developer for http://mtgfiddle.com
Reason.SC2
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1047 Posts
September 21 2010 20:17 GMT
#131
I noticed a significant improvement in my play if I have slept and eaten well and am not tired.

Its really obvious but has nothing to do with actual in-game stuff so many people don't think about it at all. Sometimes its more beneficial to your play to go have a decent meal and make sure you've gotten your 8 hrs of sleep rather than staying up to watch korean streams and massing games to the point where you realize you haven't eaten in 8 hours lol.
Snuggles
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1865 Posts
September 21 2010 20:17 GMT
#132
For me I just figured this out a few days ago (i'm zerg)... and it's been working wonders... Against any player 1k~ in rating I have trouble keeping up with very aggressive builds especially against players who know how to spend their minerals.

As zerg usually you would find good times to power up super hard on drones, and then change your production to pure army units- I think quite a few players do that. So yeah FE, drone up hard, scout out w/e and start making your all-star unit composition. Against players who aggressively 4gate in a non-all-inish way, or Terrans who chug out cheap units and keep sending them to you within that timing window where you just don't have the "right" units, you will automatically lose no matter how long you can try to outlast the guy.

What I found, which I think is stupidly obvious and makes me want to slam my head into my keyboard- is to just make drones while you make units, with one exception... BE REALLY GOOD ABOUT IT lol! So after doing this, I crush every aggressive 1k+ player, to make sure I was right about doing it, I experimented by doing in one game and not doing it in the other. And it works, I'll probably be sailing myself to 1500 before I run into my next wall of frustration, go on a 8+ games losing streak, rage on TL, and get banned again. =P Ah yes, the woes of a zerg player.
Thoreezhea1
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States532 Posts
September 21 2010 20:20 GMT
#133
when warping n protoss units.

click icon.
hold shift.
spam click.

easy.
What the Fu- REAPERS?!
RaFeStaR
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States161 Posts
September 21 2010 20:20 GMT
#134
A friend of mine who is rank #1 or #2 in his platinum division didn't know you could spread creep with tumors, he just figured it out a week ago.


As for myself, I didn't really know how to MBS until 2 weeks ago and I'm rank #8 in my diamond division...yeah I'm bad :{
YunhOLee
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Canada2470 Posts
September 21 2010 20:24 GMT
#135
not too sure if it improved it at ton, but i found out a few days ago that as playing random, you can find out which race you're going to get into the game during the loading screen by looking at your mouse cursor, it changes depending on what race you are and it's always 100% correct :D
Live it, love it, play it, kill it. JulyZerg and IPXZerg greatest TL.net fan
universalwill
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States654 Posts
September 21 2010 20:24 GMT
#136
when i learned that i can 15hatch and get away with it a lot vs protoss because all they do is 4gate.
LargeAmount
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany1 Post
September 21 2010 20:25 GMT
#137
Yesterday i realized i can build an armory without building an engineering bay earlier. That really is awesome for me now :D
This is how it works: Money comes in, favors go out, the people loose. We need to send a message: Game Over.
doktorFunken
Profile Joined September 2010
United States41 Posts
September 21 2010 20:29 GMT
#138
On September 22 2010 05:06 some_noob wrote:
In scrap station, you can queue blink stalkers from your base to the island, and from the island to the enemy's base. (you prolly need vision)

That's brilliant! I didn't realize this.

For me i was a really basic thing. I went through my first 10-15 ladder matches building around 20 probes/drones/scvs and then quitting. I started watching Day[9]'s dailies and I gotta tell you, pumping up the economy explained so much - mostly how my 40-food army would get stompe by something 2x that size, and how they'd do it. :p
All we need is a little Energon and a lot of luck.
Wire
Profile Joined July 2009
United States494 Posts
September 21 2010 20:31 GMT
#139
Dunno if anyone know this but:

You can target fire with static defense: cannons, spine, spore, bunkers

If you burrow a bunch of units and use one unit as bait, the splash that hits your unit hits burrowed units too. doesn't make a lot of sense imo but had a friend who burrowed 20 hydras and had 3 roaches on top of it. hellion splash pwned those hydras lol

banelings that explode do dmg regardless of whether they were attacking your units or if your units killed the baneling. ergo if you think your dark templar can go around sniping banelings you're sorely mistaken
"You sacced your ovie, which is great, but then you didn't watch it die, which is bad :("
Hidden_MotiveS
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada2562 Posts
September 21 2010 20:31 GMT
#140
When the starcraft 2 compendium gets made... I want to see everything in here on it.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
Codebar 33
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1176
Mini 976
Soma 626
actioN 526
Rush 381
Light 361
ggaemo 320
Larva 287
Horang2 262
Stork 257
[ Show more ]
BeSt 248
Snow 209
hero 208
Barracks 125
firebathero 108
Killer 107
Aegong 100
Shine 98
Dewaltoss 91
Zeus 73
JYJ 40
Shinee 38
Sharp 38
Sexy 36
soO 36
ToSsGirL 27
Liquid`Ret 24
Bale 23
zelot 22
sorry 21
Trap 18
Rock 18
Sacsri 12
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8302
qojqva1907
Dendi797
420jenkins150
Counter-Strike
fl0m967
Fnx 762
x6flipin524
edward47
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5126
Other Games
singsing1548
B2W.Neo892
Khaldor712
byalli505
Lowko366
Mlord287
Liquid`VortiX199
DeMusliM194
ArmadaUGS146
KnowMe136
Trikslyr39
Railgan5
BRAT_OK 1
gofns0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
WardiTV214
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream169
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH178
• StrangeGG 60
• mYiSmile121
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 26
• FirePhoenix8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV423
League of Legends
• Nemesis2451
• Jankos1742
• TFBlade755
Other Games
• Shiphtur142
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
19h 24m
The PondCast
1d 18h
OSC
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.