• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7975 users

[UMS] Macro Or Die - The Competitive Macro Trainer - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 21 Next All
beamingrobot
Profile Joined October 2010
United States685 Posts
May 29 2011 09:52 GMT
#321
On May 28 2011 18:39 Tristan107 wrote:
A few stats about the so called "easy" zerg AI :

* At 9 minutes, it has 50 drones,
* a few minutes later, it has 4 bases, including gold (which looks a better situation than the demo game, where the "very hard" AI had only a 4th distant hatch).
* It does muta harass on main, and simultaneously attacks the natural with speedlings/banelings/roaches
* It has "diamond" level in the final panel.
* It goes up to more than 200 APM (in the end of the game).

Conclusion : for a silver player, it's quite too much, even in "normal" mode... Even with a fine macro with no nuke, it requires a very high micro, it's too bad for a macro training map.


Agree with this post. I find my 1v1 games worse off build order wise even though I've learned to spend money easier. The AI has insane micro that a gold toss like me struggles to work against, let alone care about my macro =/

Nice training map though.
Dreyven
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 11:57:58
May 29 2011 11:57 GMT
#322
On May 29 2011 15:28 Tristan107 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 07:58 Dreyven wrote:

That's strange, i played against medium right now... and it's kinda stupid

PvZ
i fast expanded at 16 or so, he took his expo at 25ish
pretty standart game, zerg takes 3rd before me and goes roach hydra
but! the AI never took the 4th, we had a lot of army trade offs and once i had the gold as my 4th it got easier and easier and easier, because he stoped expanding and run dry

btw i went pure zealot archon just to test and it was really easy for me... maybe it's the ai's fault?



It would be really helpful for me if you could upload a replay (http://drop.sc/, http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php, http://www.sc2replayed.com/ or http://replays.wgpower.net/)

And also a replay versus the "easy" AI (which is maybe harder than the "medium" one...).


here you go, messing around, playing bad and crushing the medium AI still with ease
i am gold league btw

http://drop.sc/11576
Messa
Profile Joined May 2011
Australia4 Posts
May 29 2011 12:01 GMT
#323
Please upload on SEA Mate?
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
May 29 2011 12:59 GMT
#324
On May 29 2011 20:57 Dreyven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2011 15:28 Tristan107 wrote:
On May 29 2011 07:58 Dreyven wrote:

That's strange, i played against medium right now... and it's kinda stupid

PvZ
i fast expanded at 16 or so, he took his expo at 25ish
pretty standart game, zerg takes 3rd before me and goes roach hydra
but! the AI never took the 4th, we had a lot of army trade offs and once i had the gold as my 4th it got easier and easier and easier, because he stoped expanding and run dry

btw i went pure zealot archon just to test and it was really easy for me... maybe it's the ai's fault?



It would be really helpful for me if you could upload a replay (http://drop.sc/, http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php, http://www.sc2replayed.com/ or http://replays.wgpower.net/)

And also a replay versus the "easy" AI (which is maybe harder than the "medium" one...).


here you go, messing around, playing bad and crushing the medium AI still with ease
i am gold league btw

http://drop.sc/11576


Ok, thanks for trying this. Zealot/Archon is a nice fun mix

Now you can see the "medium" AI has only 24 drones at 9:00. Could you try to do the same FFE against an "easy" AI (which has 50 drones at 9:00) ? Or better, a 3-gate sentry expand ? (which is the standard BO I would like to train to)
Baretto
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
May 29 2011 16:49 GMT
#325
Hello, I've been playing MoD on EU, since it was added by Vusi. I have noticed a couple of things that just don't seem to feel right. So, my first attempt on the map, was on medium (My mistake) I usualy play on medium/hard. I am not a great player. So I got slaughtered..

So, I changed to Very Easy, I've won a couple of games. My macro has improved, But for the most part, if I go against Zerg or Terran I usualy get 7 roached or 3 rax'd. I haven't played much. And my friend is teaching me the basics.

To be honest, the difficulty / Artificial player level is.. Temperamental, I mean my last game - Look below...

[image loading] - Hard to see but that says Grandmaster x6.

Now I don't know how the system works, and won't pretend to understand. But at the lowest level of difficulty, suffering mass Archon / HT armies, with carrier back up, definitely isn't the easiest I could imagine.

I know it's getting better the hard way. And my Macro has improved. But at any point in the game I can be annihilated. It might just be me, but slightly fairer odds, at a low level of play, for people like me who like the macro nuke to keep us in check but want to expand into mid-late game play, as in bronze league it's just cheese..

I guess my wall of text is just asking, if you could have one level, that doesn't have a learning curve that'd give you vertigo. So people like me who know the basics, and that's about it.. Can use this tool more efficiently.
Dreyven
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-29 19:21:33
May 29 2011 19:15 GMT
#326
the thing is, his macro is grandmaster
BUT like i said before, it just tracks if you spend the ressources and if you get supplyblocked

it however doesn't track if you're constantly making workers and expanding at the right times
that means i, myself, would be able to get grandmaster x1 macro by just staying on 6 probes
imagine how easy it would be for me to follow the rules

the better your income gets, the harder it will be to get a good rank in this map

post the replay, it would be interesting to see how good the macro of the ai really is so i can compare it to medium, easy, and the other ones
VaultDweller
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania132 Posts
May 29 2011 20:10 GMT
#327
The only problem is that you can't survive the AI until x1 with 6 probes, so I'm thinking that if you're winning with 4 bases, ~75 probes and it still rates you in GM you must be doing smth right...
"War is not about who's right- it's about who's left."
Baretto
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
May 29 2011 20:18 GMT
#328
It's the way it works. If you have below x amount of resources times y amount of supply. You go up it's simple, in that respect.

http://replayfu.com/r/S6fKJq - As I said I'm not very good. And someone who knows how to play better could probably counter. I'm still learning the game, so I just die. - But then someone who knows the game, probably won't be playing on Very Easy. It's just a question to Major, that can it be less aggressive, smart and well.. Hard on Very Easy.

Bronze 19 x is resource below 19 * supply count (made) - Or something, for those who didn't use the tool tips.
twiitar
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany372 Posts
May 29 2011 21:00 GMT
#329
Thank you so much for publishing it on EU.

After 3-4 times playing it vs AI my macro noticeably improved already (I'm Bronze so there's lotsa space for growth, but it's nice feeling it tapped)
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
May 29 2011 21:07 GMT
#330
thank you
Cuiu
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 06:50:23
May 30 2011 06:41 GMT
#331
i dont know if somebody mentioned this but the (Macro or die) Xel naga
is on Fast not on faster and you can not change it
or is it just a display feature and the game is on faster

Thank you for publishing this on the EU Server.

Just some wishes or thoughts from me.
I would wish that i can tell the ai to
4gate,dt rush,void rush,1/2base colossus,6pool,1/2base roach rush,1/2base baneling bust,cloak banshee,hellion drop,2rax,3rax,6rax,thor rush me ^^

macro without pressure is easy
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 08:50:05
May 30 2011 08:46 GMT
#332
Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

First things first...I'm so close to having a rematch option in I can taste it. I had to reach out to some other mapmakers for help. My solution currently works for everyone but Zerg - the stupid creep keeps messing up the mineral resets (if you know how to solve this pm me).

Thanks for finding the game speed bug. I had set the game to be on slowest before everyone pressed the ready button and then hardcoded it to go back to fastest instead of the chosen game speed. I will fix this.

As far as difficulty goes...the Easy AI is aggressive; it's not really hard. Once it starts cheating (@ medium) it becomes hard. The Very Easy is Blizzard's Very Hard AI. It cheats, it doesn't change up it's strategy, and it's broken. I don't recommend using this; jump straight to easy.

I think some of the hurdles that are causing trouble with the easy AI can't be covered in this trainer. I'll try to address the most important:

1) Macro means attending to all of the mechanics that allow you to produce and increase your army's size and value (on paper). Do not mistake this for Economy above all else, which is just a means to an end when suitable.

2) If you don't scout or pressure your opponent they will make you pay for those blunders as they should. This is how the ladder works; it's also the reason I chose to use Green Tea. The objective of the trainer is not to learn how to sit back and become a macro god and hope the other guy isn't; it's to help you become aware of when your macro is slipping, why it's slipping, and to understand when you have the economic advantage or don't have it.

2a) Frank Lopez once said, "Never underestimate the other guy's greed"; take his advice. Zerg can be the greediest race in the game. [We] can stop all army production and just devote all larvae to harvesters, if you let us -- that's 12 drones and 2 overlords every 45 seconds (2hatch/2queen).

3) The AI is just a substitute; play against a real player whenever you can. I put a lot of work into making this a multiplayer map for that reason. The AI will always be handicapped by what Blizzard exposes to scripters and our ability to program it.

Finally, I humbly post my Toss vs Easy AI 3 gate expand as proof that you don't need to be amazing or cheese to beat the AI.

[image loading]

Yes, I know it's pitiful. I'm still learning to play Protoss. The AI falls because I make the proper strategic decisions based off of seeing their opening, seeing what they sent to kill me, and applying some pressure so that they have to work really hard if they want to try and get that 3rd base up. Make them fight and you'll see that their Macro level doesn't stay that high either.

http://drop.sc/11623
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
sc2pal
Profile Joined February 2011
Poland624 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-30 09:06:22
May 30 2011 08:57 GMT
#333
Damn i typed "gg" when he said that he have me on black list and it counted as loss for me lol

diamond x12 after first game vs medium


nice map i gonna play some more


@edit
oh and it didnt check the dont get supply blocked for more than 12s when I was 10/10 and pylon was ending(it was like 1-2s supply block) what kind of bug is this!
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
May 30 2011 13:11 GMT
#334
I use this map to warm up and try things, i just love it, the green tea AI and low queu for terran production is awesome. plz do publish more maps in EU, this is getting great.
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
Baretto
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3 Posts
May 30 2011 13:59 GMT
#335
Thank's for that Major. This is a great tool! I shall try easy, as I said I'm only just learning, and having the minerals and supply is basically the building blocks to move up in the SC2 world, as far as I see.

I've been taking what I've learned, on how to stop being nuked into normal AI and 1v1 Bronze. I can now beat hard AI every time, and won 4 out of 5 games online last night, got a little achievement for 3 in a row.

I didn't say thank you in my other posts, this made me feel a little ungrateful, I asked a lot with out saying how great this is. I really do love it. I'll try on easy

Thank's again!
Softboing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States68 Posts
May 30 2011 16:56 GMT
#336
Once it starts cheating (@ medium) it becomes hard.


And here I was wondering why Easy felt too easy and Medium felt bloody impossible.
Maeh
Profile Joined May 2011
France295 Posts
May 30 2011 17:08 GMT
#337
Hi,is there an option to have alerts (Larva inject/ChronoBoost expired/Mule) on this map?As zerg its pretty hard for me to have perfect timing on injects without this .

Anyway,this map is pretty nice against a player,but i think the AI is not that great (Attacking almost everytime,with small pack of units).playing Zerg on this map is pretty much harder than the other races (Vs AI) because of that.

But great job anyway .
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
May 30 2011 18:31 GMT
#338
On May 31 2011 02:08 Maeh wrote:
Hi,is there an option to have alerts (Larva inject/ChronoBoost expired/Mule) on this map?As zerg its pretty hard for me to have perfect timing on injects without this .

Anyway,this map is pretty nice against a player,but i think the AI is not that great (Attacking almost everytime,with small pack of units).playing Zerg on this map is pretty much harder than the other races (Vs AI) because of that.

But great job anyway .

if u select medium AI, thats very hard blizzard AI maphacking. which means if it thinks it can kill u, it will attack. in any case its supposed to play like a real quickmatch
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
LookNaph
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada59 Posts
May 30 2011 18:36 GMT
#339
Great map! Can you please update the Green Tea AI version on them, since 0.84 is already out?
Green Tea AI 2.0 Development Blog: http://gtai2.blogspot.hk
bruteMax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada339 Posts
May 30 2011 19:11 GMT
#340
This is a great tool. I keep losing to the Easy AI, but at least I can see progress in my ability to macro while doing other things.

My main issue is that the GT Terran AI likes to blow up the rocks at my gold expo. Not a big deal, more of a GT issue.

Again great job _Major!
I'm the benevolent dictator you've been looking for.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM895
TKL 319
TaKeTV 300
IndyStarCraft 220
BRAT_OK 94
ZombieGrub44
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 220
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 94
UpATreeSC 92
ZombieGrub44
JuggernautJason42
Nathanias 23
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 140
firebathero 96
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 28
Bale 25
Trap 25
Shine 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 16
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4607
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4771
summit1g1996
singsing1398
Beastyqt770
ceh9632
shahzam450
B2W.Neo376
C9.Mang0166
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 168
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1863
• TFBlade923
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.