• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8190 users

[UMS] Macro Or Die - The Competitive Macro Trainer - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 21 Next All
Varpulis
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2517 Posts
May 26 2011 21:35 GMT
#301
On May 27 2011 06:27 Malstriks wrote:
is there anyway for this map to appear in the "versus AI" list so i don't have to deal with delay?? would REALLY appreciate it.

This map is for training, isn't it? if you're going to be playing with delay in a real game, you should train with delay, imo.

I'm not sure, but isn't the "vs ai" list only for blizz maps?
For he is the Oystermeister, lord of all the oysters.
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 26 2011 22:15 GMT
#302
I got it to appear in Single Player / vs AI map list by creating one custom game and quitting immediately after it started.

I still can't get it to appear in Play Offline list though (while some other custom maps like yabot do appear).
mYiKane
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1772 Posts
May 26 2011 22:25 GMT
#303
On May 27 2011 06:35 Varpulis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 27 2011 06:27 Malstriks wrote:
is there anyway for this map to appear in the "versus AI" list so i don't have to deal with delay?? would REALLY appreciate it.

This map is for training, isn't it? if you're going to be playing with delay in a real game, you should train with delay, imo.

I'm not sure, but isn't the "vs ai" list only for blizz maps?


i would normally agree with you except im in a hotel with terrible ping (half second-1 second delay)
raaaiiiii
Profile Joined January 2011
United States89 Posts
May 26 2011 22:42 GMT
#304
I love this map so much. Got my Zerg macro to Grandmaster level for a little bit, averaging out at the Master level. Unfortunately, my Terran and Protoss macro seems to be around Silver/Gold level.
bruteMax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada339 Posts
May 27 2011 01:23 GMT
#305
I think the only "bug" I've seen is that on Xel'naga a Terran AI will take out the rocks at my gold expand.
I'm the benevolent dictator you've been looking for.
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
May 27 2011 16:14 GMT
#306
About AI : would it be possible to choose an easier AI to be able to focus on macro with standard BO ?

For example, with "very easy" (Green Tea ?) zerg AI, on Xel'naga, it always goes on 7 roach rush, which is a really early attack, and which forces an early forge (at least at my silver level) :

[image loading]

I would prefer to train to do a "3-gate sentry expand" rather than to defend this early push. More over, it looks like the demo replays have not been done with this AI (I'm talking about (PvAI - Master League) Inori teaches you how to Dougie (I mean 3 Gate/FE)).
Galithil
Profile Joined May 2011
3 Posts
May 27 2011 16:23 GMT
#307
Tried to play it today on EU with a non-english client.. still the same problem (text replaced by path to text).

was http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1849928665 helpful ? :s
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 27 2011 16:24 GMT
#308
On May 28 2011 01:14 Tristan107 wrote:
About AI : would it be possible to choose an easier AI to be able to focus on macro with standard BO ?

For example, with "very easy" (Green Tea ?) zerg AI, on Xel'naga, it always goes on 7 roach rush, which is a really early attack, and which forces an early forge (at least at my silver level) :

[image loading]

I would prefer to train to do a "3-gate sentry expand" rather than to defend this early push. More over, it looks like the demo replays have not been done with this AI (I'm talking about (PvAI - Master League) Inori teaches you how to Dougie (I mean 3 Gate/FE)).


I'm pretty sure Inori was playing against the Medium AI. I suggest that you play against Easy or Medium over Very Easy. If you find that you are getting overpowered by them switch the speed to fast or something slower. This is not a dig; this is a viable way to train. It allows you to have more reaction time and will get you up to speed a lot better than you think. Also, watch your replays to see where the AI put there money and what you did/didn't do to counter that.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
May 27 2011 16:35 GMT
#309
On May 28 2011 01:24 _Major wrote:
I'm pretty sure Inori was playing against the Medium AI.


Sure, but I think it was the normal Medium AI, not the Green Tea medium AI.

On May 28 2011 01:24 _Major wrote:
I suggest that you play against Easy or Medium over Very Easy. If you find that you are getting overpowered by them switch the speed to fast or something slower. This is not a dig; this is a viable way to train. It allows you to have more reaction time and will get you up to speed a lot better than you think. Also, watch your replays to see where the AI put there money and what you did/didn't do to counter that.


Ok, why not, thanks for advice.
Razhil
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium208 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 20:32:26
May 27 2011 19:35 GMT
#310
On May 26 2011 07:07 _Major wrote:
Hey guys,

I think I have found a way to fix the localization issues with non English-GB copies of the game. We'll try to get a version uploaded tomorrow.


Hi Major,

I confirm it's fixed, i can now enjoy your maps as everybody else

Thanks for the good job !

Edit : well, only xel naga cavern is fixed, taldarim altar isn't localized yet
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 27 2011 19:40 GMT
#311
On May 28 2011 01:35 Tristan107 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 01:24 _Major wrote:
I'm pretty sure Inori was playing against the Medium AI.


Sure, but I think it was the normal Medium AI, not the Green Tea medium AI.

Show nested quote +
On May 28 2011 01:24 _Major wrote:
I suggest that you play against Easy or Medium over Very Easy. If you find that you are getting overpowered by them switch the speed to fast or something slower. This is not a dig; this is a viable way to train. It allows you to have more reaction time and will get you up to speed a lot better than you think. Also, watch your replays to see where the AI put there money and what you did/didn't do to counter that.


Ok, why not, thanks for advice.


BTW, thank you for posting the replay. That is very helpful. The Very Easy Zerg AI is broken right now. It doesn't expand; it just masses units. I'm not sure when this will get fixed, as it's not my code.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
ThatGuy89
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1968 Posts
May 27 2011 20:44 GMT
#312
wow this looks interesting. Sorry if i missed it, but is this on eu yet
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-27 21:17:12
May 27 2011 21:16 GMT
#313
On May 28 2011 05:44 ThatGuy89 wrote:
wow this looks interesting. Sorry if i missed it, but is this on eu yet


Yes it is.

@ EU players with Non-English clients, please try out Xel'Naga now.

I think I fixed it. We confirmed with DE locales, but need everyone else to let us know if it works for them. If the fix is solid, I'll send more maps up for the weekend.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 08:27:44
May 28 2011 08:27 GMT
#314
On May 28 2011 04:40 _Major wrote:
BTW, thank you for posting the replay. That is very helpful. The Very Easy Zerg AI is broken right now. It doesn't expand; it just masses units.


Well, maybe that's why this AI is called "very easy", don't u think so ?
And the "easy" one expand only one time, and then create a third inbase hatchery. I don't find it broken... The standard AI also limit expands in the easy levels...

On May 28 2011 06:16 _Major wrote:
@ EU players with Non-English clients, please try out Xel'Naga now.

I think I fixed it. We confirmed with DE locales, but need everyone else to let us know if it works for them. If the fix is solid, I'll send more maps up for the weekend.


France here, the new Xel'Naga map works great !
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 10:12:34
May 28 2011 09:39 GMT
#315
A few stats about the so called "easy" zerg AI :

* At 9 minutes, it has 50 drones,
* a few minutes later, it has 4 bases, including gold (which looks a better situation than the demo game, where the "very hard" AI had only a 4th distant hatch).
* It does muta harass on main, and simultaneously attacks the natural with speedlings/banelings/roaches
* It has "diamond" level in the final panel.
* It goes up to more than 200 APM (in the end of the game).

Conclusion : for a silver player, it's quite too much, even in "normal" mode... Even with a fine macro with no nuke, it requires a very high micro, it's too bad for a macro training map.

Replay : http://drop.sc/11495

By the way, I've found a real bug : I've tried to play against it in "normal" and even "slow" game speed, but on this map, the game speed never changes, it's always "fastest" what ever you choose.
Galithil
Profile Joined May 2011
3 Posts
May 28 2011 10:04 GMT
#316
On May 28 2011 17:27 Tristan107 wrote:

France here, the new Xel'Naga map works great !


I concur.

Thank you very much for this map.
VaultDweller
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania132 Posts
May 28 2011 19:15 GMT
#317
I have 2 questions, I won't call them problems, but. In the last game ( and a couple other times before ) I've played, the easy AI was stalling, rebuilding things like refineries where there was no cc and things like, gg'ing only after I almost killed every thing. It sometimes ggs when it should but kinda drags on the game in other situations... I'm guessing it's a problem with the AI script and not the map?

And second, how accurate is the rating if I play on easy? In the replay I've posted it said I was in GM right until the end, dropping the rating to master in the score window ( for some reason i didn't really get ? ). Only problem is that I'm in Gold...

Replay: http://drop.sc/11525
"War is not about who's right- it's about who's left."
Dreyven
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-28 23:02:15
May 28 2011 22:58 GMT
#318
On May 28 2011 18:39 Tristan107 wrote:
A few stats about the so called "easy" zerg AI :

* At 9 minutes, it has 50 drones,
* a few minutes later, it has 4 bases, including gold (which looks a better situation than the demo game, where the "very hard" AI had only a 4th distant hatch).
* It does muta harass on main, and simultaneously attacks the natural with speedlings/banelings/roaches
* It has "diamond" level in the final panel.
* It goes up to more than 200 APM (in the end of the game).

Conclusion : for a silver player, it's quite too much, even in "normal" mode... Even with a fine macro with no nuke, it requires a very high micro, it's too bad for a macro training map.

Replay : http://drop.sc/11495

By the way, I've found a real bug : I've tried to play against it in "normal" and even "slow" game speed, but on this map, the game speed never changes, it's always "fastest" what ever you choose.



That's strange, i played against medium right now... and it's kinda stupid

PvZ
i fast expanded at 16 or so, he took his expo at 25ish
pretty standart game, zerg takes 3rd before me and goes roach hydra
but! the AI never took the 4th, we had a lot of army trade offs and once i had the gold as my 4th it got easier and easier and easier, because he stoped expanding and run dry

btw i went pure zealot archon just to test and it was really easy for me... maybe it's the ai's fault?

On May 29 2011 04:15 VaultDweller wrote:
And second, how accurate is the rating if I play on easy? In the replay I've posted it said I was in GM right until the end, dropping the rating to master in the score window ( for some reason i didn't really get ? ). Only problem is that I'm in Gold...

Replay: http://drop.sc/11525


it just evaluates your macro
supplyblocks and mineral spending

it however doesn't rate your buildorders, micro or! the amount of macro, that means how much you expand, build workers or your mineral income

so even if it would say grandmaster, then your macro could be at bronze level, cause it's not hard to spend your money with only 6 scv's
Tristan107
Profile Joined January 2011
France24 Posts
May 29 2011 06:28 GMT
#319
On May 29 2011 07:58 Dreyven wrote:

That's strange, i played against medium right now... and it's kinda stupid

PvZ
i fast expanded at 16 or so, he took his expo at 25ish
pretty standart game, zerg takes 3rd before me and goes roach hydra
but! the AI never took the 4th, we had a lot of army trade offs and once i had the gold as my 4th it got easier and easier and easier, because he stoped expanding and run dry

btw i went pure zealot archon just to test and it was really easy for me... maybe it's the ai's fault?



It would be really helpful for me if you could upload a replay (http://drop.sc/, http://www.gamereplays.org/starcraft2/replays.php, http://www.sc2replayed.com/ or http://replays.wgpower.net/)

And also a replay versus the "easy" AI (which is maybe harder than the "medium" one...).
Mikhail
Profile Joined May 2011
67 Posts
May 29 2011 07:13 GMT
#320
Any chance of this going up on SEA?
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5549
Jaedong 3358
Leta 1779
EffOrt 722
Horang2 497
Soma 409
BeSt 402
Mini 293
Killer 287
Rush 251
[ Show more ]
Stork 223
Light 171
Barracks 132
Zeus 130
Pusan 118
Larva 112
Snow 109
ggaemo 104
Sea.KH 60
Mong 54
JYJ 53
hero 39
HiyA 39
ToSsGirL 38
Bale 37
Sharp 30
Shinee 22
sorry 20
Aegong 17
Sexy 17
zelot 13
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6760
Dendi772
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_86
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns43396
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo689
byalli513
Lowko331
Livibee197
OGKoka 103
DeMusliM100
ArmadaUGS78
mouzStarbuck10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream249
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV293
League of Legends
• Jankos1686
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 11m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 11m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.