• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10290 users

[UMS] Macro Or Die - The Competitive Macro Trainer - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 21 Next All
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-23 23:30:59
May 23 2011 23:02 GMT
#261
thanx so much will try asap


thanx again, 1st game was amazing. i set a medium AI, but to my suprise, this bot was too good for me to handle... is there something wrong with AI or is it set at a certain macro-play difficulty( eg very hard but wont attack for 10 minutes or something)
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
May 23 2011 23:29 GMT
#262
Thanks for the EU maps

Will be playing these asap
Flaunt
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
New Zealand784 Posts
May 24 2011 00:04 GMT
#263
Please fix the pop up noise notifications that happen every 5 seconds at the start of the game. I was playing this map for a few hours and they get so annoying after awhile. would be awesome if you added a countdown after both players pressed ready!
What? You seek something? You wish to multiply yourself tenfold, a hundredfold? You seek followers? Seek zeros!
Klaas
Profile Joined April 2011
Slovenia86 Posts
May 24 2011 00:05 GMT
#264
On May 24 2011 08:02 policymaker wrote:
thanx so much will try asap


thanx again, 1st game was amazing. i set a medium AI, but to my suprise, this bot was too good for me to handle... is there something wrong with AI or is it set at a certain macro-play difficulty( eg very hard but wont attack for 10 minutes or something)


It can cheese or be aggressive as well, but most of the strategies are aimed for long macro games. Also the medium AI maphacks, so if it thinks you have enough army to defend, it won't attack you.
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-24 01:08:14
May 24 2011 01:07 GMT
#265
On May 24 2011 09:05 Klaas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 08:02 policymaker wrote:
thanx so much will try asap


thanx again, 1st game was amazing. i set a medium AI, but to my suprise, this bot was too good for me to handle... is there something wrong with AI or is it set at a certain macro-play difficulty( eg very hard but wont attack for 10 minutes or something)


It can cheese or be aggressive as well, but most of the strategies are aimed for long macro games. Also the medium AI maphacks, so if it thinks you have enough army to defend, it won't attack you.



In a custom melee vs AI, game is always linear, eg zerg will build roach hdyra vs T I think despite of difficulty, but it doesnt get any serious till very hard. So, is the AI in this mod tweaked by Major? I mean I set opponent to medium, yet at the end of the game, he had a 3rd faster than me, his macro points were much better than me, he was at masters level 8 cushion I think but I was only diamond x12, which is fair cause thats my skill lvl atm, but I m pretty sure I could easily beat medium AI opponents in customs before! Here he had the perfect composition and good engagements(seemed like he mapahcked like u said )
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
Vusi
Profile Joined May 2011
Scotland8 Posts
May 24 2011 08:12 GMT
#266
On May 24 2011 10:07 policymaker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 09:05 Klaas wrote:
On May 24 2011 08:02 policymaker wrote:
thanx so much will try asap


thanx again, 1st game was amazing. i set a medium AI, but to my suprise, this bot was too good for me to handle... is there something wrong with AI or is it set at a certain macro-play difficulty( eg very hard but wont attack for 10 minutes or something)


It can cheese or be aggressive as well, but most of the strategies are aimed for long macro games. Also the medium AI maphacks, so if it thinks you have enough army to defend, it won't attack you.



In a custom melee vs AI, game is always linear, eg zerg will build roach hdyra vs T I think despite of difficulty, but it doesnt get any serious till very hard. So, is the AI in this mod tweaked by Major? I mean I set opponent to medium, yet at the end of the game, he had a 3rd faster than me, his macro points were much better than me, he was at masters level 8 cushion I think but I was only diamond x12, which is fair cause thats my skill lvl atm, but I m pretty sure I could easily beat medium AI opponents in customs before! Here he had the perfect composition and good engagements(seemed like he mapahcked like u said )


The maps are using Grean Tea AI which why you see the difference from normal games.

I saw this earlier in the thread so assume that is how it maps to difficulty


Nevermind...just read this:

+ Very Easy : It is vanilla very hard Ai
+ Easy : GT( normal vision like player)
+ Medium : GT ( full vision )
+ Hard : Same harvest rate at the player at the beginning, then slowly increase from 1 to 1.5 times in 10 minutes.
+ Very Hard : Same harvest rate at the player at the beginning, then rapidly increase from 1 to 2.0 times in 10 minutes.
+ Insane : The get double resources at the begining. Only use 1 strategy for each races but using all the units in the game.
kusto
Profile Joined November 2010
Russian Federation823 Posts
May 24 2011 08:28 GMT
#267
Thanks for releasing this on EU, i can't wait to try it out. Usually my macro is slipping after the first 2base push, so i hope this will be helpful.
the game is the game
jelle
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark88 Posts
May 24 2011 11:53 GMT
#268
Awesome Major!

I tried it out yesterday, and did it a few times to day aswell, and I gotta say, I'm really impressed.

Specially when the map rates my macro as higher than im currently ranked, hehe

Anyways, thanks alot for this, will report if I find any issues, but haven't seen anything other than the one that requires reboot of map. Tal Darim has worked every time for me though.
"I don't know which weapons will be used in WorldWar 3, but WorldWar 4 will be fought with sticks and stones" - Albert Einstein
Lizarb
Profile Joined March 2011
Denmark307 Posts
May 24 2011 12:15 GMT
#269
Thanks alot _Major for getting it on EU!

I can't wait to get home and try it.
Only thing I know is that I know nothing.
policymaker
Profile Joined September 2010
Greece152 Posts
May 24 2011 12:37 GMT
#270
On May 24 2011 17:12 Vusi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2011 10:07 policymaker wrote:
On May 24 2011 09:05 Klaas wrote:
On May 24 2011 08:02 policymaker wrote:
thanx so much will try asap


thanx again, 1st game was amazing. i set a medium AI, but to my suprise, this bot was too good for me to handle... is there something wrong with AI or is it set at a certain macro-play difficulty( eg very hard but wont attack for 10 minutes or something)


It can cheese or be aggressive as well, but most of the strategies are aimed for long macro games. Also the medium AI maphacks, so if it thinks you have enough army to defend, it won't attack you.



In a custom melee vs AI, game is always linear, eg zerg will build roach hdyra vs T I think despite of difficulty, but it doesnt get any serious till very hard. So, is the AI in this mod tweaked by Major? I mean I set opponent to medium, yet at the end of the game, he had a 3rd faster than me, his macro points were much better than me, he was at masters level 8 cushion I think but I was only diamond x12, which is fair cause thats my skill lvl atm, but I m pretty sure I could easily beat medium AI opponents in customs before! Here he had the perfect composition and good engagements(seemed like he mapahcked like u said )


The maps are using Grean Tea AI which why you see the difference from normal games.

I saw this earlier in the thread so assume that is how it maps to difficulty

Show nested quote +

Nevermind...just read this:

+ Very Easy : It is vanilla very hard Ai
+ Easy : GT( normal vision like player)
+ Medium : GT ( full vision )
+ Hard : Same harvest rate at the player at the beginning, then slowly increase from 1 to 1.5 times in 10 minutes.
+ Very Hard : Same harvest rate at the player at the beginning, then rapidly increase from 1 to 2.0 times in 10 minutes.
+ Insane : The get double resources at the begining. Only use 1 strategy for each races but using all the units in the game.



oh that explains it, i was playing with a maphacking very hard AI, ty!
Hardcore gamer/Hellenic Community Enthusiast
Ribbon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5278 Posts
May 24 2011 14:57 GMT
#271
How hard would it be to set up building checks/unit benchmarks to practice build execution totally. Like, "It's 9:30, where's your spire?" kind of things? It'd be kind of screwy against a human opponent, but against the Very Easy computer, to practice the build execution until you had it down, it'd be pretty cool.
VaultDweller
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania132 Posts
May 24 2011 15:01 GMT
#272
This is by far the best "training map" I've seen. I'm actually having games far more entertaining than most matches on the ladder ( I'm in plat. )
"War is not about who's right- it's about who's left."
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
May 24 2011 16:57 GMT
#273
Thanks for the europe version !
...
Morsing
Profile Joined November 2010
Denmark4 Posts
May 24 2011 18:28 GMT
#274
Really looking forward to trying this out. However.. i have a problem downloading the two maps uploaded to EU servers. For some reason the download freezes for those two particular maps at around 90-ish. Any help?
Bacon-X
Profile Joined December 2010
United States266 Posts
May 24 2011 19:43 GMT
#275
I've played this map over and over again and showed it to some bronze friends of mine and they have greatly improved because of this map. It gave them a new outlook on the game. They are discovering the power of macro management!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for this map!

Please continue making more improvements and releasing new macro or die maps to play on.

I very much appreciate these maps as I enjoy practicing my macro. I like how this map forces you to macro good with only 2 spots for the production limit. That's one of my favorite features of the map. It prevents you from fake-macroing by having 3 marauders on que for example.

Keep it up!
Brood War player since 2003 ---> StarCraft II
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
May 24 2011 20:23 GMT
#276
Been playing this map all day, You did a great job with the map and it's a great practice tool
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
May 24 2011 20:38 GMT
#277
Holy shit, I might have been a bit complacent, but I got _rolled_ by Medium AI in the first game. :D
Razhil
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium208 Posts
May 24 2011 21:35 GMT
#278
Hi TL, I finally made the jump to the registration page to report a small problem i got on these maps

As soon as I've seen they had been uploaded on EU I've tried to play one of them but it looks like the localization still has some problem, or at least with my language (French).

[image loading]

I got the same problem with the other map ofc.

I don't know if there is an easy workaround for me, it's not "that" annoying except I just can't read anything like the rank, the objective or whatever... :D I just hear the alarm sound and have to guess what's wrong... (not that hard anyway, look those stacking minerals...)

Also on another point, the very easy AI just lost the game without gg'ing and then I've been directly thrown at the "Victory" screen without any custom stats (that i couldn't have read but that's not my point here)

Still, keep up with the good work and thanks for a mod who looks awesome
bruteMax
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada339 Posts
May 25 2011 01:54 GMT
#279
This is a very useful practice tool, though also quite humbling. I often lose to the medium ai, that only seems to get more difficult as the game progresses. When I give up the 'gg' I'm either silver or gold while the AI is master or grand master. Pretty severe for a 'medium' ai.

Guess I should try easy ai and see how that goes.

I'm the benevolent dictator you've been looking for.
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 25 2011 03:42 GMT
#280
On May 25 2011 06:35 Razhil wrote:
Hi TL, I finally made the jump to the registration page to report a small problem i got on these maps

As soon as I've seen they had been uploaded on EU I've tried to play one of them but it looks like the localization still has some problem, or at least with my language (French).

[image loading]

I got the same problem with the other map ofc.

I don't know if there is an easy workaround for me, it's not "that" annoying except I just can't read anything like the rank, the objective or whatever... :D I just hear the alarm sound and have to guess what's wrong... (not that hard anyway, look those stacking minerals...)

Also on another point, the very easy AI just lost the game without gg'ing and then I've been directly thrown at the "Victory" screen without any custom stats (that i couldn't have read but that's not my point here)

Still, keep up with the good work and thanks for a mod who looks awesome


Thanks for reporting this Razhil. I don't have an EU client so I can't test this myself. Do any EU map makers know what I can do to fix this?
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft390
RuFF_SC2 225
Nina 98
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2151
sorry 22
910 21
Bale 20
yabsab 17
Terrorterran 11
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1119
taco 487
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox776
Other Games
summit1g8723
JimRising 671
Day[9].tv462
WinterStarcraft399
C9.Mang0236
Livibee161
Sick126
Maynarde122
ViBE94
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota274
League of Legends
• Stunt345
Other Games
• Day9tv462
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 38m
Stellar Fest
8h 38m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.