• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:39
CEST 23:39
KST 06:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8153 users

[UMS] Macro Or Die - The Competitive Macro Trainer - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
GiftPflanZe
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Germany623 Posts
May 17 2011 19:05 GMT
#221
I also would love to see this map on europe,it would be perfect trainingspartner for my gf ; )
...
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
May 17 2011 19:09 GMT
#222
This is a very cool idea, I need to check this out!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
WeedRa
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany815 Posts
May 17 2011 19:36 GMT
#223
Common upload this to the EU servers please
SlapMySalami
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1060 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-18 05:02:53
May 18 2011 04:28 GMT
#224
definitely fun i played my first 2 games today.. the map started a nuke when i had perfectly timed builds like a 1raxx expand with 1 supply depot or i remember i had my 27supply supply depot (to raise me to 35) where i got to 27/27 supply before the depot finished (well timed) and it yelled at me =(

edit: also walled with my supply depots in TvP it's a completely valid strat and when they got destroyed i couldnt spend my money fast enough -___-
marineking will u huk my bigtt1 ilu
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 18 2011 06:21 GMT
#225
I updated the Tal'Darim Altar map tonight to support 2v2 and 4 player FFA. Well at least I think I did. If you guys could let me know if it's working now that would be awesome.

Thank You.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
HeeroMaki
Profile Joined August 2010
United States27 Posts
May 18 2011 06:34 GMT
#226
On May 17 2011 15:46 _Major wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 17 2011 13:22 HeeroMaki wrote:
it doesn't let me change any of the settings on the teldariem map i can't change it from custom i had been just adding the comp then starting not changing anything

edit: I also checked online it is under melee settings not custom. I am suppose to add a computer to team two right?


I see what's wrong. If you use "Join Game" then it will lock the settings to the default game variant. I didn't know this. I tried to fix this, but it's really late. I don't have time to do correctly, and make sure I don't break anything else. The mod isn't handling teams correctly period. For now, I would suggest using Create Game when playing so that you can change the settings from 2v2 to 1v1.


Ah, Thank you for the feed back I will do that from now on.
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-17 14:23:12
May 18 2011 10:17 GMT
#227
Mastaful
Profile Joined May 2011
United Kingdom7 Posts
May 18 2011 12:00 GMT
#228
Great work, looks really good. Hope you get the chance to release atleast one map on EU soon.
For the Swarm!
Kerm
Profile Joined April 2010
France467 Posts
May 18 2011 14:14 GMT
#229
Looks really good and exactly the tool I need to improve my play

The OP only mention it being available on NA, any plan for EU (and/or other servers) release ?
What i know is that I know nothing - [http://twitter.com/UncleKerm]
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
May 18 2011 14:43 GMT
#230
On May 18 2011 19:17 adso wrote:
Featured in WoC
Congrats



This is awesome I was away over the weekend and didn't get to see. Thanks for letting me know. And if you're reading thank you to DJ Wheat and Chill for putting the map on the show.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-18 21:00:15
May 18 2011 16:09 GMT
#231
First of all this thing is awesome.

About the muta thing, tons of people save up for 6-10 muta. I feel like 6-9 is most common. It happens all the time on streams against t and p. Idra loves muta zvt. I can't recall a game where he's trickled them out 3 at a time. ostojiy (lesser known gm) goes muta against p sometimes. It's very normal to want to try to get 8-9 muta out at once.

<edit> On second thought it's good for my multitasking to make myself trick the ai by making a hatch or whatever until the spire pops because any good human player is going to be harassing and trying to do damage before the spire is done a lot of the time.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
NiTroSc2
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States144 Posts
May 18 2011 17:34 GMT
#232
On May 17 2011 09:25 _Major wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2011 14:29 TheRabidDeer wrote:
I really like the map, after a few times playing it I am a lot more aware of my chronoboosts, which is one of the major things I dont use in the mid-late game.

Anyway, my game vs very hard AI (reached grandmaster with x1 cushion!):
http://drop.sc/10789



WOW! Great game TheRabidDeer! Constant chrono + forcefields has me shaking in my boots now. That was domination without any Colossi. I'm putting in the OP now.

NiTro if you are still following this, it would be nice to see you two play a TvP.



sure we can work something out. PM with info and we can play the gamez :D
legek
Profile Joined September 2010
Slovenia153 Posts
May 18 2011 19:25 GMT
#233
Do you have any idea when this is going to be playable on EU?
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-18 21:34:34
May 18 2011 20:18 GMT
#234
Yay! 2v2 is working. There's a bug at the end I have to work out to prevent that warning from popping up, but here's proof.

[image loading]
2 Zergs vs 2 Protoss

Please don't judge me. I was testing =p, but it was a lot of fun. Tal'Darim Altar is such a versatile map.

@legek, I'm shooting to get one map up on EU at the end of the week. Right now, we're having an issue where we can publish one of the dependencies but can't test it on EU editor. If anyone has experience with this, please PM.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
May 18 2011 20:55 GMT
#235
On May 17 2011 21:08 jelle wrote:
@Doc - Aye, i totally feel ya, it's rude to push for more.. I would just wish that Wheat wouldn't have hyped it yet, as Major is missing out on a lot of attention from outside the NA server..


Dude I had no idea EU didn't have it when I was hyping it... but I can't help talking about things that I think are really f'in badass!
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
May 18 2011 20:55 GMT
#236
On May 18 2011 23:43 _Major wrote:
This is awesome I was away over the weekend and didn't get to see. Thanks for letting me know. And if you're reading thank you to DJ Wheat and Chill for putting the map on the show.


Thanks for making it I'm playing the hell out of it!!!
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
Railgan
Profile Joined August 2010
Switzerland1509 Posts
May 18 2011 20:59 GMT
#237
On May 19 2011 05:55 djWHEAT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 18 2011 23:43 _Major wrote:
This is awesome I was away over the weekend and didn't get to see. Thanks for letting me know. And if you're reading thank you to DJ Wheat and Chill for putting the map on the show.


Thanks for making it I'm playing the hell out of it!!!

i always knew that you are a masochist
Grandmaster Zerg from Switzerland!!! www.twitch.tv/railgan // www.twitter.com/railgansc // www.youtube.com/c/railgansc
adso
Profile Joined March 2011
718 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-18 21:41:24
May 18 2011 21:26 GMT
#238
star2 eu/un etc addicts should realize that crossrealm publishing is way more complex than just simple copy pasting.

blizz needs to be lobbied about this on their forums, every map with locales/triggers and even data changes are concerned.

+ Show Spoiler +
Well, mapmakers not admitting these editor shortcomings/complexity doesn't help either
HelixDnB
Profile Joined March 2011
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-19 05:43:30
May 19 2011 05:39 GMT
#239
I have 2 suggestions - 1 a toggleable apm display, especially if this is a map to help us overall, it would be nice to be able to see my apm in the corner or under the objectives or something.
2 - a way to quickly restart the map over again without having to start a new round.

Also, how do I enable the green tea ai? I thought this came with green tea?

Also huge thanks to djWheat for announcing this on his show (even though he and his 4s team wrecked my team the other day, haha).
"Shouting bite-sized self-assuring snippets of random thoughts into the air is basically how our generation communicates now."
_Major
Profile Joined April 2011
United States107 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-21 05:59:31
May 19 2011 06:10 GMT
#240
I updated the Maps again.

Version 1.4
  • Promotion Check Timer now starts when you gain control of your units instead of when you load into the map.
  • Promotion Check Timer is based off of your level. The higher level you are the longer you will need to maintain all three objectives before it checks to see if it should promote you.
  • Maps support Team Games and FFA games now. Game will end when all members of other team have 'gg'd. It should support teams of any size.
  • Invisible Computer Allies/Opponents have been removed when you use 'Join Game' to start a map with more than 2 starting positions.
  • NEW MAP: Araken Citadel [Macro Or Die] has been added for 3v3 practice.
  • Ready button will show who you are waiting for if everyone hasn't pressed it yet.
  • A lot of code cleanup in preparation for porting and localizing.

Known Bugs
  • If players drop from lobby before game,there's a chance the Adjutant will fail to load and everyone will be stuck at instruction screen.
  • When the loser GGs the winner is not automatically being given their points and brought to the score screen. The Winner has to type GG in order to stop the game and get their win. Will fix it back tonight.
  • A warning pops up when users press 'GG'. This is harmless (I hope), but I'll get rid of it tomorrow.
  • Players were getting penalized for supply blocking themselves with 9 pylon
  • Sometimes the macro level does not show next to the avg cushion on score screen. (still trying to debug this)
  • Other players score is not showing up at all when you start a 2v2 variant match with only 1 player on each team.
Do you practice on Macro Or Die maps? You should - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=216550
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O109
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason126
BRAT_OK 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1103
ZZZero.O 109
Bale 22
League of Legends
Doublelift4447
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
Fnx 900
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6155
Other Games
summit1g8539
FrodaN2967
B2W.Neo604
KnowMe251
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1399
BasetradeTV296
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1197
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 22m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.