• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:38
CEST 15:38
KST 22:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8636 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 179 Next
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:45 GMT
#501
Do mayor/bodyguards get a PM circle?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 04:49 GMT
#502
On April 10 2011 13:36 Eiii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:28 tnkted wrote:
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?


In this game they don't care. They just want to kill black. This deal is a win win for both parties technically. He's not red,we get 2 KP and a role check.

The loss is that we don't have a leader/analyst in a 100% protected position.


Also once his two assassin buddies die off, he gets removed from the game-- and we lose our nice 3-vote mayor (or pardoner).

Eventually losing a pardoner in exchange for 2 hits and a rolecheck doesn't seem like a bad thing, if we could shoot him into a number 2 victory. There's a lot of mafia hits rolling around at night this game, it'd be nice to have some for town.
Who dat ninja?
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 04:51 GMT
#503
On April 10 2011 13:24 GMarshal wrote:
Protactinium I applaude your ballsy move, I however hate to have to condemn you to a painful death, since not having a townie as mayor hurts us, frankly the mayor and pardoner roles are extremely strong and we need them in the hands of the town. Also as an assassin you are likely to want to aim the lynch at other assasins.

I offer you a counter deal, you put your kp/DT check at the service of the town and we will have medics protect you. Is as good as being the mayor, but it dosn't cost the town those roles.

Still kudos for your balls of steel in making that claim


The problem with this is that we DON'T know if there are medics or not. Hosts can pull a lawl give em all vets only thing again.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:53 GMT
#504
On March 26 2011 03:53 BrownBear wrote:


MEDIC:
You never really finished med school, but you do have a defibrillator and a first-aid kit! You may choose to visit one person every night. If you visit them and they are hit, you can use your defibrillator to revive them and your first-aid kit to patch them up. You can only block one hit, so stacked hits will still kill them. You may not protect yourself, as nobody has ever mastered the difficult art of defibrillating themselves once dead (hell, even James Bond had to get someone to do it for him).

'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 04:54 GMT
#505
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:55 GMT
#506
On April 10 2011 13:54 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.

Touche.


Still, I think not having a medic would be pretty insane.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 04:57 GMT
#507
On April 10 2011 13:51 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:24 GMarshal wrote:
Protactinium I applaude your ballsy move, I however hate to have to condemn you to a painful death, since not having a townie as mayor hurts us, frankly the mayor and pardoner roles are extremely strong and we need them in the hands of the town. Also as an assassin you are likely to want to aim the lynch at other assasins.

I offer you a counter deal, you put your kp/DT check at the service of the town and we will have medics protect you. Is as good as being the mayor, but it dosn't cost the town those roles.

Still kudos for your balls of steel in making that claim


The problem with this is that we DON'T know if there are medics or not. Hosts can pull a lawl give em all vets only thing again.

And if there are medics, I'd rather have them free to protect dynamically against predicted hits. I think having a black pardoner under green thumb is a powerful position no matter how you look at it. Unless anyone can find out why we shouldn't,

##Vote Protactinium
Who dat ninja?
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 04:57 GMT
#508
my thoughts regarding assassins

our goal in this game is to find and kill mafia. if we are to give a lot of attention to assassins, it should be to help them.

we should help assassins simply so that they do not accidentally kill townies. so if you suspect someone may be an assassin, by all means announce it and give your analysis. if that guides the assassins toward killing eachother instead of us, that's great. you could also analayse someone you believe to be mafia as assassin if you are confident you can goad an assassin into hitting them, that would work as well.

why not vote for protactinium? i seriously doubt he's bluffing, at least he can basically be trusted to be what he says he is. this keeps the role out of the hands of the mafia. if protact wins then the mayor goes away, which I'm fine with. that means the role can't be misused by a stupid townie or abused by a mafia. i'd rather just have no mayor and no pardoner anyway.

so i'm voting for him.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 04:57 GMT
#509
On April 10 2011 13:55 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:54 chaoser wrote:
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.

Touche.


Still, I think not having a medic would be pretty insane.

more than likely:
2 medics
2 dts
1 vig
2 vets
2 nosy neighbors
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 04:58 GMT
#510
On April 10 2011 13:31 tnkted wrote:
Yeah we better make this clear:

when you vote, vote in both threads. that way we can see who voted for what.

not voting in this thread will be considered a scumtell, so be careful.

no its not a scumtell

ill vote in the vote thread im not gonna waste my time posting all my votes in here especially since i tend to switch votes a lot

this is dumb. there will be a dedicated vote thread. if you want to know who votes for who, you can read that thread. less clutter here = better
RIP Aaliyah
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 04:59 GMT
#511
Oh man, Protact, you just made my day. That was brilliant, but not quite thought through enough.

The biggest problem, first and foremost, is that other assassins will be gunning for our body guards if you were Mayor/Pardoner. You may have two KP you are willing to lend us, but is it worth it if all the other assassins are going to be attacking townies because of it?

Another problem is that putting you in the position of Pardoner OR mayor would give you information about the bodyguards, something that would be quite valuable to the mafia. Since your win condition is not the same as our, I don't think that it would be wise for us to trust you with that information.

I loved the idea when I first read it, because I was thinking about how the assassins don't have a conflict of interest with the town, so it'd be great to get them working for us, but the problem becomes that we have to pick one of you to work with. That will set all the others against the town, and that counteracts the usefulness in a pretty big way.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
April 10 2011 04:59 GMT
#512
On April 10 2011 13:55 tnkted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:54 chaoser wrote:
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.

Touche.


Still, I think not having a medic would be pretty insane.


Exactly this. Sorry, I'll be posting more tomorrow, the boyfriend and I are watching a movie.

I will be voting for GMarshal, for the record.

If the assassin is mafia, why does he need protection exactly? Is it just from vigs?

<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 05:00 GMT
#513
On April 10 2011 13:51 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:24 GMarshal wrote:
Protactinium I applaude your ballsy move, I however hate to have to condemn you to a painful death, since not having a townie as mayor hurts us, frankly the mayor and pardoner roles are extremely strong and we need them in the hands of the town. Also as an assassin you are likely to want to aim the lynch at other assasins.

I offer you a counter deal, you put your kp/DT check at the service of the town and we will have medics protect you. Is as good as being the mayor, but it dosn't cost the town those roles.

Still kudos for your balls of steel in making that claim


The problem with this is that we DON'T know if there are medics or not. Hosts can pull a lawl give em all vets only thing again.


Its a risk I'm more than happy to run to keep or mayor or pardoner from insta dissaperaing possibly on day 2 if the mafia is incompetent.

And to all the people who are arguing that losing the pardoner is worth it I disagree, because frankly I dont trust having someone with a non town win-con in office, especially considering that the threat of the pardon basically stops last minute bandwagons from scum and makes last minute vote switches much scarier for the scumteam.

Personally I dont want to give up the pardoner not even for a dt check and a couple of kills.

Instead I offer again, I'll put you at the top of all the medic prot lists in exchange for your kills
Moderator
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
April 10 2011 05:02 GMT
#514
On April 10 2011 13:59 Kavdragon wrote:
Oh man, Protact, you just made my day. That was brilliant, but not quite thought through enough.

The biggest problem, first and foremost, is that other assassins will be gunning for our body guards if you were Mayor/Pardoner. You may have two KP you are willing to lend us, but is it worth it if all the other assassins are going to be attacking townies because of it?

Another problem is that putting you in the position of Pardoner OR mayor would give you information about the bodyguards, something that would be quite valuable to the mafia. Since your win condition is not the same as our, I don't think that it would be wise for us to trust you with that information.

I loved the idea when I first read it, because I was thinking about how the assassins don't have a conflict of interest with the town, so it'd be great to get them working for us, but the problem becomes that we have to pick one of you to work with. That will set all the others against the town, and that counteracts the usefulness in a pretty big way.

both those points are dumb

you're mafia i'm like 80% sure
RIP Aaliyah
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 05:03 GMT
#515
On April 10 2011 13:59 Lanaia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:55 tnkted wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:54 chaoser wrote:
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.

Touche.


Still, I think not having a medic would be pretty insane.


Exactly this. Sorry, I'll be posting more tomorrow, the boyfriend and I are watching a movie.

I will be voting for GMarshal, for the record.

If the assassin is mafia, why does he need protection exactly? Is it just from vigs?


The assassin's third party, they play a different game than Town vs Mafia that intersects perpendicularly in that some of their kills (or our kills) will affect one or the other. They don't have to support the mafia.
Who dat ninja?
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
April 10 2011 05:03 GMT
#516
No Coffee? And Qatol is green? Blasphemy!
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Kavdragon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1251 Posts
April 10 2011 05:05 GMT
#517
On April 10 2011 13:36 Eiii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:28 tnkted wrote:
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?


In this game they don't care. They just want to kill black. This deal is a win win for both parties technically. He's not red,we get 2 KP and a role check.

The loss is that we don't have a leader/analyst in a 100% protected position.


Also once his two assassin buddies die off, he gets removed from the game-- and we lose our nice 3-vote mayor (or pardoner).


Just want to point out that Eiii is assuming that there are three assassins. Assassins, if he's assuming the correct number....Well. That'd be interesting, wouldn't it.
I'm currently on an indefinite hiatus from TL =(
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 05:08 GMT
#518
lololol eii....was that a slip =[ if it is, you're pretty much dead tonight
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Lanaia
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1142 Posts
April 10 2011 05:09 GMT
#519
On April 10 2011 14:03 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:59 Lanaia wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:55 tnkted wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:54 chaoser wrote:
This is a semi-open setup. Roles and their abilities will be disclosed, however role counts will not. Roles below may or may not be a part of this setup.

Touche.


Still, I think not having a medic would be pretty insane.


Exactly this. Sorry, I'll be posting more tomorrow, the boyfriend and I are watching a movie.

I will be voting for GMarshal, for the record.

If the assassin is mafia, why does he need protection exactly? Is it just from vigs?


The assassin's third party, they play a different game than Town vs Mafia that intersects perpendicularly in that some of their kills (or our kills) will affect one or the other. They don't have to support the mafia.


Okay. I misread then. Thank you, I appreciate it!
Does anyone have an estimate of how many assassins there are?
Protact is ballsy and I am reasonably certain we have at least one medic in the game. Chances are he'll be protected.
<3 If you chase a mirage, the desert will swallow you.
kevconsim
Profile Joined November 2010
United States317 Posts
April 10 2011 05:11 GMT
#520
I think that Gmarshal should be mayor and protact should be pardoner if he is willing to help us.

I will put my vote up later when we determine how we want to vote.
Just to let you know that if you read really slow that you are in fact reading this beautifully written quote you will have totally wasted like 10 seconds of your life.
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1118
ComeBackTV 360
SteadfastSC334
TaKeTV 307
LamboSC2245
Rex124
IndyStarCraft 74
EnkiAlexander 40
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy24
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 334
LamboSC2 245
ProTech145
Rex 124
IndyStarCraft 74
BRAT_OK 37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39931
Shuttle 2713
Horang2 884
Bisu 882
Mini 734
Jaedong 732
EffOrt 656
Light 518
Soma 397
Hyuk 344
[ Show more ]
BeSt 332
firebathero 322
Stork 273
Snow 192
ZerO 164
Zeus 154
Rush 153
ggaemo 140
Last 93
Leta 86
Pusan 75
Killer 70
sorry 67
hero 65
Sharp 49
Mong 39
Mind 38
Shinee 29
soO 28
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 24
Trap 23
Bale 23
Free 22
Sexy 21
NotJumperer 20
Yoon 18
Terrorterran 17
HiyA 16
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
zelot 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7514
qojqva1596
Dendi922
Fuzer 141
420jenkins92
Counter-Strike
markeloff153
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2023
crisheroes1109
XaKoH 182
Other Games
gofns33496
singsing2307
olofmeister1246
B2W.Neo1070
Mlord266
DeMusliM174
Hui .154
Liquid`VortiX130
ArmadaUGS116
Mew2King80
QueenE71
ToD22
Chillindude19
Railgan13
ZerO(Twitch)10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream122
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1896
League of Legends
• Jankos2268
• Nemesis1852
• TFBlade880
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 22m
Stellar Fest
23h 22m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.