• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:01
CEST 14:01
KST 21:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8224 users

TL Mafia XXXVIII - Page 25

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 179 Next
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:24 GMT
#481
Protactinium I applaude your ballsy move, I however hate to have to condemn you to a painful death, since not having a townie as mayor hurts us, frankly the mayor and pardoner roles are extremely strong and we need them in the hands of the town. Also as an assassin you are likely to want to aim the lynch at other assasins.

I offer you a counter deal, you put your kp/DT check at the service of the town and we will have medics protect you. Is as good as being the mayor, but it dosn't cost the town those roles.

Still kudos for your balls of steel in making that claim
Moderator
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:25 GMT
#482
Yeah I'm down with offering some medic protect on him but there is absolutely no way that we can give him the mayorship. As people have said multiple times, we need somebody who can be a good leader. People look to the mayor. He has a PM circle. If mayor isn't town the position is entirely wasted.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
April 10 2011 04:26 GMT
#483
After all the other assassins are eliminated protactinium would just leave the game right? So if he managed to eliminate the other assassins early we could lose the chance to have a powerful town mayor for the rest of the game.
Moderator
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 04:26 GMT
#484
On April 10 2011 12:06 GMarshal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 12:03 Kavdragon wrote:
I would also like to announce my campaign for mayor. I didn't write up anything fancy this game for my platform, nor will I copy-past it from a previous game.

I offer the experience that I have gained from previously being mayor.

I offer strong leadership, something that already demonstrated in XXXVI, but I have worked on and further improved on since then.

I offer my skills as an analyst. My analysis in XXXVI was key to the town's victory, and while I have not had the chance to demonstrate it since then, I have been talking with veteran players (Ver, BC, and Foolishness) constantly since then about how I can improve my play, and analysis.

I will be offering my ideas, opinions, and thoughts openly to make my alignment clear to the town.

I offer victory for the town.

Vote for Kav!


My campaign has prettier pictures than yours! Also if you are elected and I'm stuck as a bg again I'll have an aneurysm!

That said, gentlemen don't vote for themselves and I'd be happy to have you as a pardoner with me

##Vote Kavdragon

I'm not trying to be a douche of a first timer, but I know this rule varies from game to game and I don't want people getting in trouble for rule breaks:

1. Voting is done in a separate thread, which will be created when this game starts. Please keep votes there, and only vote there. Do not PM me your vote.


That said, there's no voting thread up yet that I can see. The more analysis on these wannabe mayors from you old-timers the better, cause as a newb I'm not sure who I should be voting for and there is a LOT of material I'm shuffling through in old threads, maybe too much.
Who dat ninja?
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:27 GMT
#485
On April 10 2011 13:25 tnkted wrote:
Yeah I'm down with offering some medic protect on him but there is absolutely no way that we can give him the mayorship. As people have said multiple times, we need somebody who can be a good leader. People look to the mayor. He has a PM circle. If mayor isn't town the position is entirely wasted.


No he dosn't, where do you get that? He knows the names of the bg's but thats it (thats my understanding of the OP, correct me if I'm glaringly wrong)
Moderator
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 04:27 GMT
#486
On April 10 2011 13:22 tnkted wrote:
Is it just me or was this extremely stupid?


It's ballsy. He's probably Assassin so it all depends on whether we want him in office or not. We get 2KP and a role check. He gets to live until both bodyguards are dead. We don't get a proven leader/analyst protected.

##Vote Protactinium for now. That was ballsy as fuck.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
April 10 2011 04:28 GMT
#487
If we are going with Protact, we should make him Pardoner, not Mayor obviously. We still get the valuable mayor role for town, and Protact has no motivation to use Pardoner powers unless town wants him to. When he wins the game, he leaves and all we lose is Pardoner power. It's a pretty good trade, I think. I support making him Pardoner.
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:28 GMT
#488
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:29 GMT
#489
urashimakt, voting is done in a separate thread, but its tradition that we also vote in here to make it evident we are voitng, this way we avoid people ninja votingn and no one noticing till the lynch has gone through, sure votes here aren't counted, but they *Are* made evident to the rest of the players.

Make sense?
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:31 GMT
#490
On April 10 2011 13:28 tnkted wrote:
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?


If I were an assassin I would try to dodge the red kps by not being to pro town and avoid the lynch by not being to scummy, hence I would play it by lurking, and/or contributing without contributing to avoid attention. Basically they are walking a fine line, tending more towards scummy play than pro town play (As the mafia have more KP than the town)
Moderator
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:31 GMT
#491
Yeah we better make this clear:

when you vote, vote in both threads. that way we can see who voted for what.

not voting in this thread will be considered a scumtell, so be careful.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 04:32 GMT
#492
On April 10 2011 13:28 tnkted wrote:
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?


In this game they don't care. They just want to kill black. This deal is a win win for both parties technically. He's not red,we get 2 KP and a role check.

The loss is that we don't have a leader/analyst in a 100% protected position.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
urashimakt
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1591 Posts
April 10 2011 04:32 GMT
#493
On April 10 2011 13:29 GMarshal wrote:
urashimakt, voting is done in a separate thread, but its tradition that we also vote in here to make it evident we are voitng, this way we avoid people ninja votingn and no one noticing till the lynch has gone through, sure votes here aren't counted, but they *Are* made evident to the rest of the players.

Make sense?

I saw that was the rule in XXXVIII, but it was specifically mentioned as being an unusual situation. In the rules here, it says to only place votes in the separate thread. I'm just looking out, BrownBear's the only one I'm going to trust to say otherwise. O_O
Who dat ninja?
OriginalName
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada1140 Posts
April 10 2011 04:33 GMT
#494
Well GMarshal you actually put forward an agreeable plan.

Lynching inactives LURKERS Great idea unless you have a really obvious and active scum day 1 (Which I would not discount with so many newbies).

My really base reads right now are GMarshal is town. Ive been on a scumteam with him he has more holes than swiss cheese.

However as a mayor I would like to know what his plans are after Day 1 as lets face it D1 lynch is a damn crapshoot 80% of the time and when I vote I want more long term goals and ideas in mind Im not amazing at reads however if people do put forward them I will take the time to look at their scum reads.

Another thing - one thing I picked up from a vet and I think we ought to start doing is analysing tge posts of those nightkilled. Imagine if we looked at GMs reads in insane 2 GF may have been outed faster creating a completely different game (ie Blacks wouldnt have made enough money for the names).

So there ##Vote Gmarshal and all dat jazz.





chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
April 10 2011 04:36 GMT
#495
On April 10 2011 13:32 urashimakt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:29 GMarshal wrote:
urashimakt, voting is done in a separate thread, but its tradition that we also vote in here to make it evident we are voitng, this way we avoid people ninja votingn and no one noticing till the lynch has gone through, sure votes here aren't counted, but they *Are* made evident to the rest of the players.

Make sense?

I saw that was the rule in XXXVIII, but it was specifically mentioned as being an unusual situation. In the rules here, it says to only place votes in the separate thread. I'm just looking out, BrownBear's the only one I'm going to trust to say otherwise. O_O


lol, there's no reason to lie about this...it's game mechanic...no reason to trick you. If a vote thread comes up we'll obviously vote in it. But it's good to also vote in here so people can see your vote attached to your name. Makes it

1) easier to analyse your vote
2) easier to see where on the timeline of the day you placed your vote
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Eiii
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2566 Posts
April 10 2011 04:36 GMT
#496
On April 10 2011 13:32 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:28 tnkted wrote:
Hmm... On the other hand this would give mafia incentive to be hunting for assassins as well...

question for the vets: in games with assassins are assassin targets typically reds or greens? ie, do most assassins act like classic red, with lurking and trying to avoid attention, or do they act like classic greens with analysis and debate?


In this game they don't care. They just want to kill black. This deal is a win win for both parties technically. He's not red,we get 2 KP and a role check.

The loss is that we don't have a leader/analyst in a 100% protected position.


Also once his two assassin buddies die off, he gets removed from the game-- and we lose our nice 3-vote mayor (or pardoner).
:3
tnkted
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1359 Posts
April 10 2011 04:38 GMT
#497
On April 10 2011 13:36 chaoser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2011 13:32 urashimakt wrote:
On April 10 2011 13:29 GMarshal wrote:
urashimakt, voting is done in a separate thread, but its tradition that we also vote in here to make it evident we are voitng, this way we avoid people ninja votingn and no one noticing till the lynch has gone through, sure votes here aren't counted, but they *Are* made evident to the rest of the players.

Make sense?

I saw that was the rule in XXXVIII, but it was specifically mentioned as being an unusual situation. In the rules here, it says to only place votes in the separate thread. I'm just looking out, BrownBear's the only one I'm going to trust to say otherwise. O_O


lol, there's no reason to lie about this...it's game mechanic...no reason to trick you. If a vote thread comes up we'll obviously vote in it. But it's good to also vote in here so people can see your vote attached to your name. Makes it

1) easier to analyse your vote
2) easier to see where on the timeline of the day you placed your vote


Also gives you an opportunity to explain your vote, which is ALWAYS helpful and you should be doing anyway if you're town.
'I think "tnkted" may have justified this entire thread.' - Mjolnir
Protactinium
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada550 Posts
April 10 2011 04:40 GMT
#498
Will respond to things when I get back. Going out for a while now.
And so, we find the Sublime.
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:41 GMT
#499
GMarshal's Post Day 1: Lynch Scum!

Seriously though, I dont know what you want out of me, I'll provide analysis, I'll write lists of who I think needs to be vigi'd, DTed, Mediced and such, and I'll be doing kill analysis (such as the one I wrote on the last day of XXXVII). But other than that there's not much to plan for, we analyze and find scum, proceed to hang them by the neck till dead, repeat until victory.
Moderator
GMarshal
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States22154 Posts
April 10 2011 04:42 GMT
#500
EBWOP: that should read GMarshal's Post Day 1 Plan T.T
Moderator
Prev 1 23 24 25 26 27 179 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31634
Shuttle 2552
Bisu 1060
Horang2 1010
Jaedong 925
BeSt 373
Light 356
firebathero 327
Hyuk 289
actioN 271
[ Show more ]
Mini 259
Stork 231
Soma 224
Zeus 193
EffOrt 190
Soulkey 159
ggaemo 138
Leta 132
Last 130
Snow 103
ZerO 99
Rush 79
Pusan 75
Killer 49
Sea.KH 48
hero 39
Mind 37
Aegong 36
Mong 35
Sharp 31
Shine 27
Bale 26
Sexy 25
soO 22
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 21
Yoon 21
PianO 16
NaDa 15
Terrorterran 14
zelot 14
Free 14
sorry 13
JulyZerg 12
Trap 11
HiyA 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc2606
qojqva1498
Dendi850
Fuzer 131
League of Legends
Reynor109
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1502
x6flipin332
markeloff43
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1890
crisheroes797
Other Games
gofns27428
singsing2050
B2W.Neo537
XBOCT336
DeMusliM192
Livibee165
XaKoH 151
Mew2King129
Liquid`LucifroN124
QueenE90
ArmadaUGS80
Chillindude11
Railgan10
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream273
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 54
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2340
• TFBlade569
Other Games
• WagamamaTV150
Upcoming Events
OSC
59m
Stellar Fest
59m
OSC
11h 59m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.